PDA

View Full Version : Bipartisanship, GOP style.

Qtec
08-07-2010, 04:32 AM
While calling for bipartisanship, McConnell says hes not very interested in doing things <u>left of center.</u>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Today, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) sat down with a group of political reporters at a breakfast sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor. Despite leading the most obstructionist minority party in American history, McConnell attacked Democrats and the President for what he perceived as their lack of bipartisanship. The Kentucky senator then called for more bipartisanship, but in the very same breath, said he is not willing to give an inch to the left:

McCONNELL: If you have a big majority, what you want to do is pick off a Republican or two, give it the taint of bipartisanship and do what you want to do. If youre between 55 and 45, you get genuine bipartisan agreement. And what I hope were going to have and it will be up to the American people but what I hope were going to have is more balance, more balance, which will give us opportunities to do things together, that simply are missing when you have this kind of disparity. But, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Im not going to be very interested in doing things left of center. Its going to have to be center-right and I think the President is a flexible man and Ill think hell become a born-again moderate.</span></div></div>

What a joke.
They lost the election because the majority rejected their ideas.
We now have a Dem majority in both houses and a Dem President but <span style='font-size: 14pt'>they</span> still think they are calling the shots! How is that for arrogance?

"........and if we can't get our way, we will bring the Govt to a halt and inflict unnecessary pain and suffering on the victims of our incompetence ,if we have to. Anything to get our way".

Q

Q

Sev
08-07-2010, 05:34 AM
The Dems control both houses they dont need republican votes.
They do want bipartisan votes to cover their arses though.

LWW
08-07-2010, 06:00 AM
So, if the reps win in November you think the dems should go along?

LWW

pooltchr
08-07-2010, 05:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, if the reps win in November you think the dems should go along?

LWW </div></div>

Wouldn't that mean that the voters rejected the Dem's ideals?

Steve

Stretch
08-07-2010, 09:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While calling for bipartisanship, McConnell says hes not very interested in doing things <u>left of center.</u>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Today, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) sat down with a group of political reporters at a breakfast sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor. Despite leading the most obstructionist minority party in American history, McConnell attacked Democrats and the President for what he perceived as their lack of bipartisanship. The Kentucky senator then called for more bipartisanship, but in the very same breath, said he is not willing to give an inch to the left:

McCONNELL: If you have a big majority, what you want to do is pick off a Republican or two, give it the taint of bipartisanship and do what you want to do. If youre between 55 and 45, you get genuine bipartisan agreement. And what I hope were going to have and it will be up to the American people but what I hope were going to have is more balance, more balance, which will give us opportunities to do things together, that simply are missing when you have this kind of disparity. But, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Im not going to be very interested in doing things left of center. Its going to have to be center-right and I think the President is a flexible man and Ill think hell become a born-again moderate.</span></div></div>

What a joke.
They lost the election because the majority rejected their ideas.
We now have a Dem majority in both houses and a Dem President but <span style='font-size: 14pt'>they</span> still think they are calling the shots! How is that for arrogance?

"........and if we can't get our way, we will bring the Govt to a halt and inflict unnecessary pain and suffering on the victims of our incompetence ,if we have to. Anything to get our way".

Q

Q </div></div>

Yep, they have declared jihad on the democratic process. The will of the people is irrelivent unless they happen to be in favour, in which case they are simply manipulated. St.

LWW
08-08-2010, 04:32 AM
We do not have a democracy and the will of the people is against the Obama/demokook agenda.

They ran promising something entirely different and are now about to be judged for their collective treachery at the ballot box.

What a few of the R's are actually doing is representing the wishes of their constituents.

IOW ... the dems are guilty of what you condemn and the reps are doing exactly what you say they should be doing.

Your problem is that the facts aren't the flavor du jour of "TRUTH" that you are being fed ... which is your own fault.

LWW

Stretch
08-08-2010, 05:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We do not have a democracy and the will of the people is against the Obama/demokook agenda.

They ran promising something entirely different and are now about to be judged for their collective treachery at the ballot box.

What a few of the R's are actually doing is representing the wishes of their constituents.

IOW ... the dems are guilty of what you condemn and the reps are doing exactly what you say they should be doing.

Your problem is that the facts aren't the flavor du jour of "TRUTH" that you are being fed ... which is your own fault.

LWW </div></div>

Oh is that right? So now you are the official spokesperson for the will of the people. When can we see your name on the ballot? St.

LWW
08-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Of course I never claimed that ... but I imagine you think it plays well in your echo chamber.

Perhaps you would someday consult the polling data of the people's opinions? Or, research what the party ran on compared to what they actually did?

What's that?

They don't put that on the spoon for you?

I wonder why?

LWW

Stretch
08-09-2010, 05:10 AM
Just me and Q even address politics on the left of centre. If there is an echo chamber anywhere it is The RW dogma of all the regulars here plus your fans from AZ. LOL i guess that makes you deaf ,dumb, AND blind.

Quick observation.... your weak as usual attempt to justify your point of view by polling data "good grief" that's desperate! Polls are as fickle as the weather. Good luck with your oppinion's based on polls phylosophy.

As for checking what politicians promise at ellection time compared to what they deliver.......your kidding right? If they even got done half of what they promised they would deserve a Nobel Peace Prize. Oh wait, That's Obama! lol SO THERE!

You may return to your "Happy Place" now. St.

LWW
08-09-2010, 05:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just me and Q even address politics on the left of centre.</div></div>

If only that were true.

Parroting party catch phrases isn't addressing anything.

As evidenced in the reasons to blame Bush for the recession "DISCUSSION" you have nothing that amounts to original thought or anything that will stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

LWW

Qtec
08-09-2010, 05:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just me and Q even address politics on the left of centre. </div></div>

I try Stretch. Not only do I say what I think , I also present background as to why I say what I say or hold a certain point of view. Even if you disagree with me I am willing to discuss. That,s not the same attitude the RW brethren on the CCB adhere to.

eg, they all have been moaning about the deficit [ the GOP and the cons on the CCB] and about how to reduce it, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>but when the Republicans want to borrow more money to support the richest 1% they are silent.
</span>

Not ONE dissenter.

IMO, the Tea Party are a bunch of saps who have been fooled into voting against their own interests.

Q

hondo
08-09-2010, 05:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just me and Q even address politics on the left of centre.</div></div>

If only that were true.

Parroting party catch phrases isn't addressing anything.

As evidenced in the reasons to blame Bush for the recession "DISCUSSION" you have nothing that amounts to original thought or anything that will stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

LWW </div></div>

mustwatchbeck
mustwatchbeck
mustgetnewmaterial

LWW
08-09-2010, 03:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>but when the Republicans want to borrow more money to support the richest 1% they are silent.
</span>

Q </div></div>

When did they do this?

What's that?

They didn't?

The tax cuts increased revenue?

I know ... your own links verified that.

LWW