PDA

View Full Version : Liberals Act Like Children...Spoiled.

LAMas
08-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Liberals Act Like Children
by Side Street on Mar.15, 2009, under American Politics, Hypocrisy, Those Damn Liberals

I have often wondered what the core difference between Liberals and Conservatives was, I guess I mean what makes them liberal or conservative. I pondered many aspects and angles, I searched the internet, I read blogs, I viewed videos. Was it demographic differences? was it genetic? The more I pondered this and searched for the answer the more I realized that it has to do with maturity. It was a much more simple conclusion than I anticipated. I was searching deep and the answer was skipping on the surface. Liberals are simply child like in their thinking and Conservatives are more adult like in their thinking.

Liberals don’t investitgate or understand what conservatism is about. I know many liberals and I know many conservatives and I can tell you first hand that most conservative used to be liberals. I never met a liberal that used to be conservative. This tells me that there is personal growth when a liberal matures into a conservative.

My own personal growth was maturing from a pot head liberal into a family values conservative. Sure, as many will point out. I don’t pick and choose my words but I do practice personal accoutability and responsibility for my actions. Conservatives practice what they preach and Liberals just preach. Here is a short list of comparisons.

LIBERALS – believe in governmental action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all, and that it is the duty of the State to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Believe that people are basically good.

Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve people’s problems.

CONSERVATIVES – believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.

Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

•Liberals make easy feel good emotion based feelings.
•Conservatives make tough unpopular decisions.
•Liberals promote food stamps and welfare.
•Consevatives feel that welfare is the cause of fatherless children so we promote family values and want people to get jobs and raise their kids.
•Liberals want to save trees and will lay down in front of bulldozers to do it.
•Conservatives realize that trees are a renewable resource. Cut them down and plant new ones.
•Liberals want the right of freedom of choice when it comes to abortion.
•Conservatives think an unborn child should have that same right.
•Liberals believe in freedon of speech & freedom from oppression.
•Conservative believe in freedom of speech, freedom from oppression and freedom for excellence.
•Liberals feel that everyone should be taken care of.
•Conservatives take care of everyone.
•Liberals think that capitalism is bad.
•Conservtives know that capitalism, and “evil” corporate giants are the entities from which most people make their livings.
•Liberals try to tear down religion.
•Conservative use religion to instill family values, virtue, and morality into their children.
•Liberals think that marijuana doesn’t hurt anyone.
•Conservatives are well aware of the blood spilled along the trail of illegal drug trafficking.
•Liberals are casualties of their own ideals.
•Conservatives are causalties of liberal ideals.
The above could have been a much longer list. You get the point. If you want more comparisions Click Here

http://sidestreetriot.com/?p=545

LWW
08-07-2010, 05:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LAMas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know many liberals and I know many conservatives and I can tell you first hand that most conservative used to be liberals. I never met a liberal that used to be conservative. This tells me that there is personal growth when a liberal matures into a conservative.</div></div>

That statement nails it.

I, as a youth, was to the left of our beloved Gayle ... then reality woke me up.

LWW

Stretch
08-07-2010, 10:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LAMas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know many liberals and I know many conservatives and I can tell you first hand that most conservative used to be liberals. I never met a liberal that used to be conservative. This tells me that there is personal growth when a liberal matures into a conservative.</div></div>

That statement nails it.

I, as a youth, was to the left of our beloved Gayle ... then reality woke me up.

LWW </div></div>

You didn't take the analogy far enough. In youth we favour the rights and freedoms of liberalism, in adulthood we favour the stability and continuity of Conservatism, in our golden years we should have the wisdom to see both ideals and choose the best of both worlds to live by. There are no absolutes in life. Extremists, and special interest groups have ruined the ballance of fare unintrusive government. The old notion of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has been replaced with exist, servitude, and the pursuit of your next meal, for millions. This is not what greatness is made of. St.

Qtec
08-08-2010, 01:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You didn't take the analogy far enough. In youth we favour the rights and freedoms of liberalism, in adulthood we favour the stability and continuity of Conservatism, in our golden years we should have the wisdom to see both ideals and choose the best of both worlds to live by. There are no absolutes in life. <u>Extremists, and special interest groups have ruined the ballance of fare unintrusive government.</u> The old notion of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has been replaced with exist, servitude, and the pursuit of your next meal, for millions. This is not what greatness is made of. St. </div></div>

Good post.

Q

Qtec
08-08-2010, 03:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">•Liberals feel that everyone should be taken care of.
•<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Conservatives take care of everyone.</span> </div></div>

What a crock of doggy poo. 'They sure have proven that recently.

AGAINST........HC reform, Wall St reform, unemployment extensions [ in the worst recession in 70 years ], against HC for First responders, against compensation for poor farmers, against help for small businesses etc etc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's election-year jobs agenda suffered a new setback Thursday <span style='font-size: 20pt'>when Senate Republicans blocked a bill creating a $30 billion government fund to help open up lending for credit-starved small businesses.</span>

The fund would be available to community banks with less than $10 billion in assets to help them increase lending to small businesses. The bill would combine the fund with about $12 billion in tax breaks aimed at small businesses.

Democrats say banks should be able to use the lending fund to leverage up to $300 billion in loans, helping to loosen tight credit markets. Some Republicans, however, likened it to the unpopular bailout of the financial industry. </div></div>

They want to cut food stamps! They want to cut welfare. The GOP represnt the top 2 % , everyone knows that. That's why they complain about the deficit to block anything Obama wants to do, but are FOR adding 700B to the deficit to give millionaires and billionaires more money, they want to abolish the Estate tax and any other tax on the rich.....AND PASS THE COST ONTO FUTURE GENERATIONS.

There has been a HUGE redistribution of the wealth in the last 30 years and it ALL goes one way.

In 1976, the top 1% had 19.9% of the wealth.
In 2007 that had risen to 34.6%.
link (http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth.html)

Q

Q

Qtec
08-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Even some RW bloggers can see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">US wealth distribution: 10% of US citizens own 70.9% of all US assets
Submitted by wd4freedom on Sun, 10/18/2009 - 11:45
in

* Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Top 1% own 38.1%
Top 96-99% own 21.3%
Top 90-95% own 11.5%
And it gets much uglier as you proceed downward. Bottom 40% of population has 0.2% of all wealth.

The founders equated freedom to liberty which in their language meant you "owned" property (you were not in debt). The amount of property you owned had a proportional relationship to the amount of liberty you experienced.

Our system of freedom is skewed and is becoming very dangerous (approx. 100 million US citizens experience ZERO freedom). You can only cage humans for so long and then something has to give. When liberty is skewed into the hands of a very small number of the population, then our ability to "self-govern" becomes a complete and utter illusion.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>I believe in free markets, but this distribution of wealth is not a normal distribution in any way </span>(meaning it is not subject to natural forces- i.e. statistics 101). It can only exist within an un-natural (non-free) system, where the relative nature of freedom is constrained. </div></div>

link (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/111232)

hondo
08-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Mr cut and post rides again.

Sev
08-08-2010, 07:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">•Liberals feel that everyone should be taken care of.
•<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Conservatives take care of everyone.</span> </div></div>

What a crock of doggy poo. 'They sure have proven that recently.

AGAINST........HC reform, Wall St reform, unemployment extensions [ in the worst recession in 70 years ], against HC for First responders, against compensation for poor farmers, against help for small businesses etc etc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's election-year jobs agenda suffered a new setback Thursday <span style='font-size: 20pt'>when Senate Republicans blocked a bill creating a $30 billion government fund to help open up lending for credit-starved small businesses.</span>

The fund would be available to community banks with less than $10 billion in assets to help them increase lending to small businesses. The bill would combine the fund with about $12 billion in tax breaks aimed at small businesses.

Democrats say banks should be able to use the lending fund to leverage up to $300 billion in loans, helping to loosen tight credit markets. Some Republicans, however, likened it to the unpopular bailout of the financial industry. </div></div>

They want to cut food stamps! They want to cut welfare. The GOP represnt the top 2 % , everyone knows that. That's why they complain about the deficit to block anything Obama wants to do, but are FOR adding 700B to the deficit to give millionaires and billionaires more money, they want to abolish the Estate tax and any other tax on the rich.....AND PASS THE COST ONTO FUTURE GENERATIONS.

There has been a HUGE redistribution of the wealth in the last 30 years and it ALL goes one way.

In 1976, the top 1% had 19.9% of the wealth.
In 2007 that had risen to 34.6%.
link (http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth.html)

Q

Q </div></div>

And with that increase what is the correlation to US manufacturing disappearing?

LAMas
08-08-2010, 02:24 PM
If you don't like me, don't read my contributions.

hondo
08-08-2010, 03:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LAMas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't like me, don't read my contributions. </div></div>

I don't and I don't.

LWW
08-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Then how did you quote him?

LWW

hondo
08-09-2010, 05:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then how did you quote him?

LWW </div></div>

Dear Dick, I was talking about his cut and pastes. Wake up.