PDA

View Full Version : What a difference a Democrat makes!

pooltchr
08-09-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm sure we can all remember that huge media blitz by the big 3 and friends when the troop death toll in Iraq reached that "milestone" 1000 dead. Every network anchor was thrilled to be able to report that a Republican president they hated had caused the deaths of so many troops.

Fast forward to today with a Democrat in the white house, and can anyone recall when we reached that same milestone in Afghanistan? I didn't think so....nobody was talking about it.

Take a look at the graph in the attached....form HuffPo no less!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/30/troop-death-ratio-on-the_n_665383.html

Why did they make such a fuss when Bush was president, but seem to almost totally ignore it under Obama?

Steve

LWW
08-10-2010, 01:04 AM
The answer is self evident ... US casualties to many on the far left are nothing more than stage props to be put on public display when their blood advances the agenda, and forgotten when it does not.

LWW

Qtec
08-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Iraq and Afghanistan are two totally separate issues. The reason Afghanistan is now such a mess with the death toll rising is because Bush failed miserably there.
We know now that even before the first bomb dropped on the Taliban the Bush admin was already looking to invade Iraq.

Bush took the emotion of 9/11 and through manipulation of the media and the facts got enough support to start a totally unnecessary war. The cruel truth is that those 5,000 who died in Iraq did so because a President wanted to get himself into the history books and pay off his base.

Q

Qtec
08-10-2010, 01:13 AM
My signature says it all.

Q

Qtec
08-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Pretty well confirmed.

link (http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/washington-post-provides-much-needed-co)

A treasonous act.......open your eyes (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-925270800873130790#)

Q

Stretch
08-10-2010, 02:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The answer is self evident ... US casualties to many on the far left are nothing more than stage props to be put on public display when their blood advances the agenda, and forgotten when it does not.

LWW </div></div>

What a disgusting thing to say. But concidering the source, par for the course. This is a great example of the emotion based crap that the right wing extremists spoon feed their minions as talking points of the day and dutyfully foisted on this forum by Heir Dubinschnouser. St.

LWW
08-10-2010, 02:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a disgusting thing to say.</div></div>

I concur, and what makes it disgusting is that it's true.

LWW

Qtec
08-10-2010, 04:02 AM
Just in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The number of civilians killed or injured in Afghanistan jumps 31% as insurgent attacks rise and casualties caused by international forces fall, the UN says. </div></div>

That should help the cause.

Q

hondo
08-10-2010, 06:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The answer is self evident ... US casualties to many on the far left are nothing more than stage props to be put on public display when their blood advances the agenda, and forgotten when it does not.

LWW </div></div>

What a disgusting thing to say. But concidering the source, par for the course. This is a great example of the emotion based crap that the right wing extremists spoon feed their minions as talking points of the day and dutyfully foisted on this forum by Heir Dubinschnouser. St.

</div></div>

He's said similar things before.

Can you imagine a Lefty jumping up and shouting " Stage prop!"
when his child dies in war?

Why are we even trying to have a conversation with Dick?
He's so delusional, it's pointless.

hondo
08-10-2010, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a disgusting thing to say.</div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Pathetic, Dick, just plain pathetic.
Tell me, do you have little toy Democratic figures
that you have cheering when one of your G.I.Joe action figures takes a hit?
You have truly gone off the deep end.

pooltchr
08-10-2010, 07:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iraq and Afghanistan are two totally separate issues. The reason Afghanistan is now such a mess with the death toll rising is because Bush failed miserably there.

Q </div></div>

Congratulations! Obama has been in office for 18 months and is increasing troop levels in Afghanistan, and somehow, in your mind, it's still Bush's fault!

But that wasn't the point of my post. Let me try to simplify it for you.
Bush - president - troops die---major news story.
Obama - president - troops die---minor story....maybe.

See the difference?

Steve

Stretch
08-10-2010, 10:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a disgusting thing to say.</div></div>

LWW </div></div>

Pathetic, Dick, just plain pathetic.
Tell me, do you have little toy Democratic figures
that you have cheering when one of your G.I.Joe action figures takes a hit?
You have truly gone off the deep end. </div></div>

There are some lines that most self respecting individuals will not cross. LWW has shown that there is NOTHING that he will not say. Morally reprehensable and sadisticaly cruel oppinions are his only contribution here. No wonder this place is so dead. The stench hangs in the air long after he's gone, which is never more than an hour or two is seems. St.

pooltchr
08-10-2010, 12:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The answer is self evident ... US casualties to many on the far left are nothing more than stage props to be put on public display when their blood advances the agenda, and forgotten when it does not.

LWW </div></div>

</div></div>

I'm not sure what exactly you find disgusting. Is it the fact that the actions of many on the left indicate that this is how they think, or that Larry is willing to call it like he sees it.

Steve

hondo
08-10-2010, 12:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iraq and Afghanistan are two totally separate issues. The reason Afghanistan is now such a mess with the death toll rising is because Bush failed miserably there.

Q </div></div>

Congratulations! Obama has been in office for 18 months and is increasing troop levels in Afghanistan, and somehow, in your mind, it's still Bush's fault!

But that wasn't the point of my post. Let me try to simplify it for you.
Bush - president - troops die---major news story.
Obama - president - troops die---minor story....maybe.

See the difference?

Steve </div></div>

I do, and I actually agree with you.

hondo
08-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Well, his response can only mean one of two things:

1. He thinks only conservative parents' kids go to war.

or

2. He thinks liberal parents re-joice when their kids are killed.

Either way it goes down as one of the ten stupidest things he's ever said.

hondo
08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
What is truly disgusting is that you seem to think what he said was okay.

To believe that libs would rejoice over the death of their children is beyond ignorant.

A real shame you can't see that.

It didn't take courage for Dick to say that. It took ignorance.

pooltchr
08-10-2010, 01:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is truly disgusting is that you seem to think what he said was okay.

To believe that libs would rejoice over the death of their children is beyond ignorant.

It didn't take courage for Dick to say that. It took ignorance. </div></div>

I don't think he said anything about rejoicing over anyone's death. I think he was commenting on the tendency of the extreme left to use the war dead as a polititical tool when it suits them to do so.

If I misunderstood the intent of his post, I apologize.

Please point out where he suggested anyone would rejoice over the death of our troops. Or did someone just do a little creative editing to his post so they could attack it?

Go back and read what he wrote, think for yourself, and I believe the only conclusion you can come to is the one I stated at the top of this post.

Steve

Stretch
08-10-2010, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is truly disgusting is that you seem to think what he said was okay.

I don't think he said anything about rejoicing over anyone's death. I think he was commenting on the tendency of the extreme left to use the war dead as a polititical tool when it suits them to do so.

Please point out where he suggested anyone would rejoice over the death of our troops. Or did someone just do a little creative editing to his post so they could attack it?

Go back and read what he wrote, think for yourself, and I believe the only conclusion you can come to is the one I stated at the top of this post.

Steve </div></div>

You call them war dead, he calls them stage props put on display. If you want to defend that peice of sh*t then at least use his terms so we can see the level of calous disregard for human sacrifice you both share. St.

LWW
08-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I would have assumed that an "ENGLISH TEACHER OF THE YEAR" could read at a minimum of a fifth grade reading level.

Perhaps you can have one of your grandkids read it and explain it to you ... and, not that you will realize it, you agreed with me earlier in the thread.

Let me explain it at as low a level as my mighty intellect can descend and hope that you can follow along:

Bush is POTUS and a large number of leftists in this nation (That means less than 100% for those challenged in English.) would trip to see who could lament their passing the loudest ... not because they gave a rat's arse, but because those brave dead were tools with which the leftist "WE HATE BUSH BECAUSE WE HATE BUSH!" crowd could advance their agenda.

Now the anointed one is POTUS and dead heroes are getting little to no media attention and the very same leftists are mostly (That means less than 100% but more than 50% for those challenged in English.) are tripping over each other to make sure that they get no press attention because now there death no longer advances their agenda but hinders it.

LWW

hondo
08-10-2010, 03:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is truly disgusting is that you seem to think what he said was okay.

Steve </div></div>

The answer is self evident ... US casualties to many on the far left are nothing more than stage props to be put on public display when their blood advances the agenda, and forgotten when it does not.

LWW

I fail to understand what I am missing.

hondo
08-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Here we go again.
Any time I call you on your crap you attack
my teaching credentials.
Along with yugo, snide rule amnd lameass, you have got to
be the biggest POS I have ever encountered.

What have you ever done for the good of mankind? Name one thing.
I served. I taught. I'm a father, grandfather, and husband.

You, sir, are nothing more than a loser who pretends he's a big wheel cause you troll on the internet and a bunch of extremists
like your distortions.
Trust me, hoss, you're NOBODY. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

pooltchr
08-10-2010, 03:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ the level of calous disregard for human sacrifice you both share. St. </div></div>

Having served my time in the military during Viet Nam, I find your comment here totally out of line. I have more respect for our troops than most.

You are using the term Larry used, "stage props" as if that is how he views the casualties. Read it again. He said that is how many on the left view them, not how he views them.

You people will use anything you think might work as a basis for attack. Sorry, but you can't get away with it this time.

I suggest you try the same thing I suggested to Hondo. Read what he wrote (not what you think he wrote, or what you think he "really meant") and try to comprehend what you are actually reading. He wasn't saying anything negative about the troops...he was pointing out how many on the left view them.

I won't expect an apology for your misrepresentation of my feelings about the heros who fight wars in foreign countries so you have the right to be a jerk in public.....but I suppose you could surprise me.

Steve

Stretch
08-10-2010, 03:59 PM
That's a GD copout! There is ZERO evidence that ANYONE on the left thinks like that and certainly knowone except a rabid rightwing nut bar would use those terms to make their point. By saying as much and putting words into our mouths "HIS WORDS" it's obvious where he's coming from. Any sniveling coward that would suggest that someone else thinks that way deserves to get his a$$ kicked and nobody would bother splitting hairs on it, except you. St.

LWW
08-10-2010, 05:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I fail to understand what I am missing. </div></div>

Quite obviously.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here we go again.
Any time I call you on your crap you attack
my teaching credentials.</div></div>

Please read where I quoted you right above this at the top of this post. I didn't attack your credentials and you in fact agreed with me.

To be more blunt ... you obviously have the cognitive and linguistic skills to comprehend what I posted.

What you lack is the open mind and impartiality.

You are so blinded by partisan hatred that you simply cannot decipher what is written quite clearly in black and white and in plain English.

That my friend is your problem and your fault.

LWW

hondo
08-10-2010, 05:32 PM
We understood how Larry was using the term.
That is what we are objecting to.

BTW, you were in Nam? I thought you were quite a bit younger than that. My apologies for referring to you as "boy."

LWW
08-10-2010, 05:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><s>That's</s> THIS POST IS a GD copout! </div></div>

I fixed that for you.

No charge.

LWW

LWW
08-10-2010, 05:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We understood how Larry was using the term.
That is what we are objecting to. </div></div>

Obviously you don't ... or, more accurately, won't.

If you did, you wouldn't be agreeing with me.

LWW

hondo
08-10-2010, 05:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a GD copout! There is ZERO evidence that ANYONE on the left thinks like that and certainly knowone except a rabid rightwing nut bar would use those terms to make their point. By saying as much and putting words into our mouths "HIS WORDS" it's obvious where he's coming from. Any sniveling coward that would suggest that someone else thinks that way deserves to get his a$$ kicked and nobody would bother splitting hairs on it, except you. St. </div></div>

Well stated, Stretch. If I had lost a son in Iraq and read that, he'd see me in Dayton. I'd find him and we would talk.
As it is, I'm outraged at his comments but he has spewed similar crap before.

hondo
08-10-2010, 05:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We understood how Larry was using the term.

LWW </div></div>

LOL! The worm squirms.

pooltchr
08-10-2010, 09:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BTW, you were in Nam? I thought you were quite a bit younger than that. My apologies for referring to you as "boy." </div></div>

1972 - 1975. No apology necessary

Steve

hondo
08-10-2010, 09:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BTW, you were in Nam? I thought you were quite a bit younger than that. My apologies for referring to you as "boy." </div></div>

No apology necessary

Steve </div></div>

Thank you.

LWW
08-11-2010, 03:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We understood how Larry was using the term.

LWW </div></div>

Thanks for the confirmation ... English is confusing to you.

LWW
LOL! The worm squirms. </div></div>

hondo
08-11-2010, 05:39 AM
SSDD. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif