PDA

View Full Version : Stripper says her degree is worthless.

Chopstick
08-11-2010, 09:03 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/data?pid=avimage&iid=ikkISbYCGe6I

Carrianne Howard dreamed of designing video games, so she enrolled in a program at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, a for-profit college part-owned by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. Her bachelorís degree in game art and design cost $70,000 in tuition and fees. After she graduated in December 2007, she found a job that paid $12 an hour recruiting employees for video game companies. She lost that job a year later when her department was shuttered.

These days, Howard, 26, makes her living in a way that doesnít require a college diploma: by stripping at the Lido Cabaret, a topless club in Cocoa Beach, Florida. ďI didnít know what else to do,Ē she says. ďIíve got a worthless degree. Itís like I didnít attend school at all.Ē

link (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-08-05/stripper-s-college-degree-profitable-for-goldman-finds-70-000-was-wasted.html)

LOL. So she works at the Lido over in Cocoa. Well, I believe that I'll just ride over there and make a contribution to her college fund. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Deeman3
08-11-2010, 09:54 AM
I'll meet yout there!

You know, it is a shame that people who try, with solid eductions can't find better paying jobs. I mean, if she had majored in European Litterature, I'd be more critical.

I think most of the young folks have to question the value of spending that much, especially borrowed money for a degree that most likely won't pay enough to pay back the loans. As we get further in debt and lose more and more private jobs as the governement swells (over 25% growth since Obama took office) there will only be courthouses and unions (Teachers) hiring.

I hve several dozen people with degress that work for me at about that hourly rate. Most do have poorly thought out eductions but some have good degrees, just not in areas we need.

I would hate to think I was just stareting out with a brand new BSME right now.

eg8r
08-11-2010, 10:18 AM
I was just over there but we did not stop by. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Wonder what her stage name is. She is so close to EA Sports and Lockheed Martin. I agree our video games don't compare in the fidelity arena but what other game allows you to hold a fully tactical M16 and walk through a village shooting everyone up. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
08-11-2010, 01:29 PM
The same thing happened to me. After I retired I found I
couldn't get a job subbing because my FBI report reveals some
indiscretions from my youth.

So now I'm forced to make a living as a male stripper.
I have poor circulation and that damn garter cuts off the flow in my legs making it difficult to climb the pole and also to pirouette.

Deeman3
08-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Hondo,

YOu just made Barney Frank almost turn straight! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Almost!

hondo
08-11-2010, 02:35 PM
It ain't easy being a gigolo, bro.
Several of my women didn't respect me in the morning.

I feel so cheap sometimes.

Hell, what am I saying!?!?

I AM cheap.

Sev
08-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm! Nope!

hondo
08-11-2010, 06:00 PM
In the immortal words of Janie Fricke, " It ain't easy being easy."