PDA

View Full Version : Javier Franco

MikeM
08-27-2002, 03:01 PM
What can anyone tell about Javier Franco?

MM

08-27-2002, 03:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> What can anyone tell about Javier Franco?

MM <hr></blockquote>

home base where???

dan

Eric.
08-27-2002, 03:49 PM
Hey Mike,

I don't know much other than he is from Texas and is considered a mid-Open level player.

Eric

MikeM
08-27-2002, 04:13 PM
TX

08-28-2002, 01:26 AM
I hear he is around Morro's speed. Plays great, I hear.

08-28-2002, 07:53 AM
Big home base!

08-29-2002, 09:42 AM
He lived in Chicago in the mid- to late '80s, Mike, and at that time he used the name Lopez too. He's won a number of national team championships with a Houston squad calling themselves The Black Sticks (I think) and was still living there when his name last arose. Plays nothing but 9-ball as far as I know; a good solid player whose speed might even be the equivalent of the top 1/3 of the U. S. Open field.

MikeM
08-29-2002, 09:57 AM
Thanks, George, and everyone else who responded.

MM

08-29-2002, 09:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> What can anyone tell about Javier Franco?

MM <hr></blockquote>

why are you asking?

dan

MikeM
08-29-2002, 10:12 AM
I was just offered a match with him, even up, race to 7 for twenty grand. I just wanted to know wheter I should take it or not.

NOT... I just bought a cue and was told it was custom made (whatever that means /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif) for a famous TX gambler named Javier Franco.

MM

Vapros
08-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Are you serious?? A race to SEVEN for $20 G? Nine ball?
Gaaaawwwww!! It ain't like flippin' a coin, but it's close!

08-29-2002, 04:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> I just bought a cue and was told it was custom made (whatever that means /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif) for a famous TX gambler named Javier Franco.

MM <hr></blockquote>

ok. well, if you guys were matching up i wasn't going to say anything. it's funny, some of us were shooting a few days ago and franko came up in discussion. someone was wondering what he's shooting with lately. like a lot of gamblers, he seems to go thru sticks pretty frequently.

he's really just one of the guys around here but he's a pretty good stick. i've played him in tourneys a few times without much success. "famous texas gambler" might be stretching it a bit but i guess he has been around a bit.

which stick did you wind up with. i might have played against it.

dan

MikeM
08-29-2002, 05:24 PM
I'd be much better off flippin' the coin!

MM

MikeM
08-29-2002, 05:27 PM
HDJ,

Would you really feed me to the sharks like that?!?/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

It's a pretty plain Scruggs with 6 tulipwood points and a leather wrap. Hit with it for a few racks today and it's solid as a rock. I hit with Rich R's Scruggs a few weeks ago and really loved the balance, so I had to get one. This one is very well balanced too. Feels like a feather in your hand.

MM