PDA

View Full Version : How to remove two wet glass rings from the felt‏?

Tony777
08-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Hi guys,
A newbie to the site but have been visiting BD frequently and enjoy it very much. Been playing a lot of pool, love the table that I have set up at my house in "The Bunker". Last night, my friend placed two wet glasses on the table at the end of the night as we were cleaning up, I quickly told him to remove them. I hoped that the two water rings left by the glasses would dry up but the glasses left ring marks. Any way that I can remove them? Do you have a "step by step" way to remove them? Thank you

Fran Crimi
08-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Every cloth brand and type is different. Your best bet would be to find out what brand and style your cloth is and call the manufacturer. My experience is that they are always willing to help if they can.

08-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Welcome, Tony.

I agree with Fran. Keep in mind that most cloths are similar to "delicates" i.e. some cloths are made of worsted wool.

Is you cloth stained or was it just condensation off of the glasses? If it's stained, then you have a new set of issues.

Eric

Tony777
08-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi guys,
It seemed that the felt was stained from the water condensing off of the glass. I ended up getting some a white t-shirt and damping it followed by blotting the spot. Finally I dried the spot with blotting it with a with dry t-shirt. The spot looks a lot better, but you can still see a smudge if you're looking for it.

Sid_Vicious
08-26-2010, 02:36 PM
If you happen to have any remnants of cloth from the recover, take a piece and swirl it over the spots. It will blend it to where only you could ever see it, maybe totally out. sid