PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't make up material this good.

LWW
08-18-2010, 03:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some candidates in city elections in Charleston, West Virginia have managed to misspell their party names on official forms.

Four Democrats misspelled their party name either as "Democart" or "Democrate."

Two Republican members changed their party name to "Repbulican" and "Repucican."

"I was kind of rushed," said Al Carey, a Republican challenger, who spelled his party "Repbulican."

Democrat Dana Griffith attributed his mistake to a tight time frame and a dash of carelessness.

Misspelling hasn't yet proved to be a candidate's political undoing. Four years ago, Fred Pettry spelled his party name "Democart," and went on to win a seat on the city council.

He repeated his gaffe this year. </div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;OH DEAR&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.broadcaster.org.uk/section2/jokes/funnynews.html)

LWW

pooltchr
08-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Nice to see we are still attracting the best and brightest to run for public office.

(Or maybe that is the best and brightest in "Charlie West".

Steve

hondo
08-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Here in West Virginia we prefer substance over stile.

No, actually, I agree with Dick on this one. Pretty friggin pathetic. Dern morons!

WHOA! It just hit me. I better explain to pool"tchr" that
I was kidding and do know how to spell "style."

LWW
08-18-2010, 03:44 PM
But not "DARN" it seems.

LWW

pooltchr
08-18-2010, 04:57 PM
I think there are different rules for spelling up in the "hollers"

Steve

hondo
08-18-2010, 06:16 PM
We have our little regionalisms in West Virginia that you are obviously too ignorant to comprehend.

hondo
08-18-2010, 06:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think there are different rules for spelling up in the "hollers"

Steve </div></div>

Thank God! A halfway intelligent post from Steve. Thank you, sir.

hondo
08-20-2010, 05:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But not "DARN" it seems.

LWW </div></div>

Aren't you starting to feel a little silly "calling" me on the various regionalisms, dialect, and colloquialisms, all the while claiming to be a good ole Southern boy?

LWW
08-20-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm merely pointing out your qualifications as an English expert seem to be ... lacking.

"DERN" as spoken is a southern regional accent which makes the word "DARN" sound different than the northern regional accent. It is still the word "DARN" as far as the English language is concerned. Using "DURN" as a spelling ... by intent and not by typo ... lends doubt to the true literacy level of the author.

LWW

hondo
08-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Who used 'durn"? Not me. ?????

Sounds like time for an eye exam to me.

LWW
08-20-2010, 02:43 PM
"DURN or "DERN" makes no real difference as your English errors are legion.

LWW

llotter
08-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Politicians are by nature, members of the stupid class. How we ever allowed them to take so much control of our lives is something worthy of its own thread.

hondo
08-20-2010, 05:27 PM
LOL! This is the second most pathetic post you've made in a while.
The most pathetic was when you got on CCB begging the posters to come play with you on NPR now that the trolls( 2 of the oldest and most respected posters on BD) were gone.

Thank God you were laughed off of CCB as you should have been.

Then you flaunt your ignorance by proclaiming Schmelkes as custom cues. Truly pathetic.

Everybody ignores you on here and something has happened to you on AZ.

Poor Dick. Hoist by thine own petar.
You keep stepping in sh*t and everybody's going to notice, Dick.

hondo
08-20-2010, 05:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"DURN or "DERN" makes no real difference as your English errors are legion.

LWW </div></div>

Urban dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dern

1. dern southern slang for darn
oh dern, he gone done it again
by redneck billybob Aug 17, 2003 share this
2. dern Kind of like darn, only said in situations that aren't as serious as situations that merit the use of darn.
Dern! I accidentally dropped my bologna sandwich in the dishwater.
darn phooey muffins bologna mortician
by Arthur Wellington Oct 20, 2007 share this
3. dern An old person version of "darn"
Dern! My balls are huge and droopy!

hondo
08-20-2010, 05:45 PM
The only problem with making you look stupid and petty is that's it's so easy.

hondo
08-20-2010, 06:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"DURN or "DERN" makes no real difference as your English errors are legion.

LWW </div></div>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjE2a9LXa5Y&feature=related

pooltchr
08-20-2010, 07:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only problem with making you look stupid and petty is that's it's so easy. </div></div>

I guess you know that you directed that post to yourself.

Steve

LWW
08-21-2010, 02:00 AM
Just one of many of his Freudian slips.

LWW