PDA

View Full Version : Detroit. The Liberal Utopia.

Sev
08-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Witness the future of America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhJ_49leBw&feature=fvw

pooltchr
08-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Failed Democrat policies.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Steve

Qtec
08-19-2010, 12:29 AM
What happened to the trickle down theory?

What you need is more tax cuts for the rich.

Q.....that should fix it.

LWW
08-19-2010, 03:02 AM
You obviously didn't watch the video.

LWW

Sev
08-19-2010, 05:39 AM
Nope.

hondo
08-19-2010, 05:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope. </div></div>

Double nope for me.

Sev
08-19-2010, 05:47 AM
You should watch the vid. I had no idea it was such a desolate wasteland.

LWW
08-19-2010, 06:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should watch the vid. I had no idea it was such a desolate wasteland. </div></div>

I haven't been there in downtown since 1992 ... I'm sure it hasn't become any better.

In 1992, after a trip to Windsor we went to Dee-twah (CORRECT PRONUNCIATION) because I wanted a Red Wings jersey and I remembered a huge fan shop for all Dee-twah teams being right across from Tiger Stadium where we had been Friday night.

On a Sunday AM at 11:00 (Opening time listed in the YP.) I parked in front of the entrance in a brand new 1994 Honda Accord EXL.

Dressed in a pair of Dockers, a $250.00 (THEN) pair of Tony Llama boots and a $400 (THEN) Tony Llama jacket wearing a Stetson fedora and wearing a two tone Rolex ... the store checked me out for a good minute plus a look up and down the street before they would buzz me into their bulletproof glass abode where 4 (That I could see.) security guards were, all of which looked as if they were from the Lions front line (Or maybe the WWE.) so I had a hint the place was high crime.

Shortly after Comerica Park opened (A bit from downtown.) we went up to see a game there. Found a lot close to the stadium with a sign that said "PARKING $20" so I pulled in. The brother man said "THAT'LL BE $40" and I said "The sign says $20" ... to which he replied "For $40 you park and we provide security for your car, for $20 we don't provide security playah."

It's a different world.

LWW

Sev
08-19-2010, 06:30 AM
It looks like a third world country.

They were selling houses for pennies on the dollar. At this point the best thing they can do is bulldoze entire blocks and continue to turn it into urban farm land.

Deeman3
08-19-2010, 07:59 AM
I lived in Grosse Pointe from 1998 til 2000. I had to drive through Detroit to see my then girlfriend (now DeeWoman). I had my .45 on the console of the Vette every minute I was away form my house and remember DeeWoman "suggesting" I take the red lights as only a suggestion when we had to go through the area from downtown to beyond 11 mile road. It was not downtown Bagdad but one day i got up, kicked the snow off my shoes and said, "Never again! I'd rather starve to death than live another day here!" I have only bene back twice, for funerals of DeeWoman's family members.

I know there are some good people there but noone should have to live like that in this country. Was back there late last year for the last funeral, not much has changed except that GM is now Government Motors.

Chopstick
08-19-2010, 08:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I lived in Grosse Pointe from 1998 til 2000. I had to drive through Detroit to see my then girlfriend (now DeeWoman). I had my .45 on the console of the Vette every minute I was away form my house and remember DeeWoman "suggesting" I take the red lights as only a suggestion when we had to go through the area from downtown to beyond 11 mile road. It was not downtown Bagdad but one day i got up, kicked the snow off my shoes and said, "Never again! I'd rather starve to death than live another day here!" I have only bene back twice, for funerals of DeeWoman's family members.

I know there are some good people there but noone should have to live like that in this country. Was back there late last year for the last funeral, not much has changed except that GM is now Government Motors. </div></div>

I thought RoboCop fixed all that.

Deeman3
08-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Chopstick,

Perhaps he did but with the mayor in prison, his girlfriend city councilwoman sexting all the the others, a robotic cop can only do so much.

When the rats, myself included, desert a sinking ship, the only things that remain are the insects and they soon devour all the wood and framework.

You used to have tons of overpaid, yet undereducated people making way too much for the labor they expended. Now the very few making those excessive wages are doing it on the government dime while the ones that never wanted to work all cluster in gangs and either pray for someone (Obama) to rescue (give 'em free stuff) or prey on each other. We spend more on every individual in Detroit than we do to imprison many of their kin in other areas. We spend more than ever to educate masses of folks who don't want to be in school, are violent to the techers, the few who do want to learn and mix in thoses who can profit at selling drugs in the school system, all while the NEA (Union) crys that we don't spend enough on teachers who do not care about anything but tenure and job security. We spend more defending and apoligizing for the ones we know will never make it than we do defending our borders.

Of course, you can't have a cross in a public school but you can have a satanic worship group. Wonder why Detroit is not as it was described to us in the 1970's when all we had to do was hand out more oney and be more understanding of unique culture of the citizens and students there? Beats the heck out of me!!!!

hondo
08-19-2010, 12:03 PM
"Dressed in a pair of Dockers, a $250.00 (THEN) pair of Tony Llama boots and a $400 (THEN) Tony Llama jacket wearing a Stetson fedora and wearing a two tone Rolex ..."

Sounds gay to me. ( just kidding)

LWW
08-20-2010, 02:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like a third world country.

They were selling houses for pennies on the dollar. At this point the best thing they can do is bulldoze entire blocks and continue to turn it into urban farm land. </div></div>

The problem is they don't have the money without robbing it from areas that behaved sanely.

They don't even have the funds to bury their own dead.

LWW

Sev
08-20-2010, 06:44 AM
Someday it will be rebuilt. But not until all the entitlements and taxes are removed.

The thing that has to be asked is, "What was the last thing done before it stopped working?". Everything from that point forward needs to be removed.

LWW
08-20-2010, 07:15 AM
This is truly a case of where the village must be destroyed in order to save the village.

LWW

Sev
08-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Keep an eye on CA. They are either going to reorganize or go the way of Detroit.

Sev
08-23-2010, 01:38 PM
You know. Detroit could turn itself into a theme park.