PDA

View Full Version : 9th annual CCB/US Open tourney event

08-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Who: (your name here)
What: 10 ball ring game and get together
Where: Qmaster Billiards, Virginia Bch, VA
When: Oct 22 10.30a
How: however you want

It's that time again. The 9th edition of the CCB/US Open tourney. There is no cost to enter and is open to all forum members. This event is in conjunction with Barry Behrman's US 9 ball Open. For those that are attending the Open, we urge you to think about playing in this fun event. Meet forum folks that you've posted with for years, win free prizes and, well, shoot some Pool!

For those that are interested in playing, you can sign up right in this thread. Please make a post (no PM's, thank you).

Also, there will be a group going to dinner on Thursday, Oct. 21. Please check the CCB forum for more details in the near future. http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=316879#Post316879

See everyone soon!

Eric

Brian in VA
08-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Brian in VA - I'm in and I'm bringing the trophies. And perhaps some other goodies. See you all in Chesapeake!

Brian in VA

Rich R.
08-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Please include me in the tournament. I can't believe this is the 9th one. WOW! Who would have ever thought we would still be doing this after all of these years. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

As soon as I finish this, I will be starting another thread for the annual dinner.

dg-in-centralpa
08-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Eric,
I'm playing but Mary won't be this year. She's going to be the cheerleader.

Duane

Icon of Sin
08-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Dad and I had a blast last year. Count us both in again this year. Can't wait to see everyone again!!!

08-25-2010, 12:24 PM
The official website for the US Open 9 ball Championships:

http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/

You can find info on buying tickets, lodging, etc.

Eric

Rich R.
08-26-2010, 05:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The official website for the US Open 9 ball Championships:

http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/

You can find info on buying tickets, lodging, etc.

Eric </div></div>
If anyone wants reserved seats for he Open, I suggest you get them ASAP. They seem to be going very fast this year. I don't remember some of the sections ever filling up as early as they have this year.

ARJ
08-31-2010, 08:01 AM
Howdy Eric. If you haven't added us yet please add Phil and I. We've booked our trip and confirmed it last night. See you all in Virginia!!!!!!!

ARJ

Rich R.
09-03-2010, 06:48 AM
I thought I'd bump this up.
I think it is time for a good pool vacation. Between the U.S. Open and the CCB events, you can't go wrong.

Rich R.
09-20-2010, 04:58 AM
With only a month to go, I'm bumping this up for any one thinking about coming. We have a great time every year and you should join us.

09-20-2010, 10:23 AM
As in years past, we will be playing a 10 ball ring game. Typical ring game rules will apply.

-Each player in the group will get a chance to break once
-10 ball, non call shot
-10 ball made on the break will spot and the breaker continues shooting
-shoot balls in rotation
-NO SAFETIES
-Blind draw every round to determine table groups

Basically, 1 point is awarded for each win. The finals will be determined by the two players with the most wins. In the event of a tie for second place (or first), there will be a 1 game playoff to see who plays in the finals. If there are two people tied for first, then they will both play in the finals.

*Note- there is no rule against sharking. In addition, please expect excessive crowd noise and interaction during the semi finals/finals. Lastly, there may be a shot clock imposed, at random by the tourney director, with a 10 second countdown. This is used only in the semi/finals. The 10 second countdown may happen at random times and has nothing to do with any rational reason.

Good Luck!

Eric

Rich R.
09-21-2010, 06:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As in years past, we will be playing a 10 ball ring game. Typical ring game rules will apply.

-Each player in the group will get a chance to break once
-10 ball, non call shot
-10 ball made on the break will spot and the breaker continues shooting
-shoot balls in rotation
-NO SAFETIES
-Blind draw every round to determine table groups

Basically, 1 point is awarded for each win. The finals will be determined by the two players with the most wins. In the event of a tie for second place (or first), there will be a 1 game playoff to see who plays in the finals. If there are two people tied for first, then they will both play in the finals.

*Note- there is no rule against sharking. In addition, please expect excessive crowd noise and interaction during the semi finals/finals. Lastly, there may be a shot clock imposed, at random by the tourney director, with a 10 second countdown. This is used only in the semi/finals. The 10 second countdown may happen at random times and has nothing to do with any rational reason.

Good Luck!

Eric

</div></div>
I'd like to add that this tournament is totally free.
The table time is donated by Barry Behrman and Q-Masters. If we have any door prizes, they are awarded via a free raffle. The only cost to participants is for whatever you eat and drink, as well as a healthy tip for the wait staff. This tournament will definitely not break any one's budget and it is the only tournament around where no one can complain about the organizers ripping you off. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Soflasnapper
09-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Frank Woessner and Scott Campagna are coming up again this year.

While I don't think either one posts here, they shot in the tourney last year and I expect they'll look to be featured guest players in this year also.

Scott Lee
09-28-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm 75% sure I will be there this year. I'll know in a week. I'll be working my way down the east coast, from ME to VA! I really want to see the Open this year!

Scott Lee

09-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Scott, glad to see you around. I'll put you down for the tourney, hope you can make it.

Eric

Tony_in_MD
09-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Put me down for the tourney please.

09-30-2010, 09:35 AM
As of 9/30/10:

Brian in VA
RichR
DG in CentralPA
Icon of Sin and Dad
ARJ
SoflaSnapper
Frank Woessner and Scott Campagna
Scott Lee
Tony in MD
Eric. & Susie

Eric

hierovision
10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm in, but I'll need to be watched to make sure I'm following the rules... I've never played a ring game before.

Rich R.
10-02-2010, 06:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hierovision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in, but I'll need to be watched to make sure I'm following the rules... I've never played a ring game before. </div></div>
That's alright, most of us don't know what we are doing anyway.
I play in exactly one ring game per year, at the most. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif
Frankly, I don't even play 9-ball or 10-ball that often.
We're happy to have you join us.

JMD in VA
10-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Eric:

Put me down for the tournament.

See you guys then.

Also, I am bringing some goodies and Scott Lee has donated a lesson this year.

Thanks!

10-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Glad you can make it and thanks for your efforts towards the prizes!

Eric &gt;see ya in a couple of weeks

Rich R.
10-12-2010, 02:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eric &gt;see ya in a couple of weeks </div></div>
Eric, check your calendar. The Open is next week. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Icon of Sin
10-13-2010, 06:06 AM
Its soooo close, but yet so far...

10-13-2010, 06:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eric &gt;see ya in a couple of weeks </div></div>
Eric, check your calendar. The Open is next week. :whist2le: </div></div>

Lolol! Nice catch, Rich. You would think that between having a smartphone, computer and a plain old fashioned paper calendar...

Eric&gt; looking for today's date

dg-in-centralpa
10-13-2010, 09:54 AM
that's called a senior moment....ofwhich I have plenty of.

Duane- see everyone next week

10-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Uhh, thanks?

Eric &gt;has 3 years before being eligible for AARP

Brian in VA
10-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Please put Amy on the tourney list. She is 90% committed to attending which is really about all any of us can expect. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Brian in VA

10-15-2010, 01:14 PM
As of 9/30/10:

Brian in VA
RichR
DG in CentralPA
Icon of Sin and Dad
ARJ
SoflaSnapper
Frank Woessner and Scott Campagna
Scott Lee
Tony in MD
Eric. & Susie

As of 10/15/10:

JMD in VA
Amy

Eric

Rich R.
10-25-2010, 07:20 AM
For all who couldn't make it to the CCB Tournament, the winner was Icon of Sin and the runner up was Eric.
Congrats to both. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

10-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Winner- Heath/Icon of Sin
Second- Eric/Eric.
Third- Rich/RichR

We had 14 players, some generous prizes that were donated and some good fun. Plenty of trash talking and some well played racks.

Also, I would love to post the tourney pics on the forum, here. Unfortunately (to this day), I still don't know how to!

I have pictures of our tourney, please PM me your email, and I will send them.

Eric

Icon of Sin
10-29-2010, 08:07 AM
It was a really great time. Sorry I did not get a chance to post sooner. Been a pretty busy week for me.

The tournament was ran perfectly by our gracious TD and his high tech method for randomization went off without a hitch as well. Very reliable.

Like I said before, the big thing for me is being able to hang out with my friends and play some pool and just chat about things in general. That is the best part of any event like this for me. Getting to see everyone again, catch up, make new friends. You are all great people and I'm so glad that I have friends like you guys.

Thanks everyone!!!

10-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Just wanted to thank our generous sponsors:

Barry Behrman- year after year, you have provided tables at Qmaster and supported us from the beginning

Scott Lee- a complimentary lesson for one lucky winner (hopefully that person will provide feedback here)

Training Wheels- this company makes a "survey tool" to line up bank shots. I was one of the prize winners and will give a review in another thread.

ARJ- a cue w/case to one lucky winner.

Eric &gt;thank you sponsors!