PDA

View Full Version : Any 10ball Players Out There?

211 Tour
08-23-2010, 12:22 PM
My name is Deby and I've started a unique 10 ball tour here in Washington. The just of the format is:
No opponent (10ball against the ghost)
Virtual postings
Combined scoresheets and entry fees weekly across the USA
Pays weekly
Looking to expand. Must be played on 9 foot tables.
Anyone out there know of any pool rooms that might be interested in coming on board. Would love to hear from you.

JoeW
08-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the link. I will have to read more as this looks like a great idea.

JJFSTAR
08-25-2010, 07:30 AM
How do you keep people honest?

pooltchr
08-25-2010, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJFSTAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you keep people honest? </div></div>

Check out the FAQ

Q. Who keeps score?
A. There will be two players at a table at one time playing their match. Players will keep score for each other. Each player will verify what the other player has marked for his score at the time the score is written down. Any dispute or misunderstandings has to be addressed when the score is written down otherwise there is no recourse unless when recalculating the scores an error is found.

Steve

JJFSTAR
08-25-2010, 09:05 AM
I guess I need to clarify my question because I did read most everything on the site. So this may just be me being stupid but there are only 2 people in a pool room marking each otherís scores. So whatís to prevent 2 people from deciding to send in a phony score sheet with 11 break & runs on it winning that weeks tourney and splitting the money?

pooltchr
08-25-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm guessing your handicap would be artificially high, and when you played with a player who wasn't interested in cheating, you would feel the pain of being rated higher than you are capable of playing.

Steve

211 Tour
08-30-2010, 02:21 PM
That's a great question. There are two players per table. There is an event monitor that matches the two players up on the tables. One of the guidelines is not to match up friends, spouses or unreliable persons on the same table. Like any handicapping system players will try to find ways to benifit from cheating, but the question is...will cheating be worth it in the long. When we start getting weekly purses in the high dollar range of $3,000-$5,000 for first place, I would hope that players aren't stupid enough to take that chance. If a player gets caught cheating or altering their score card it's curtians for them. Never again will they be allowed to play. This will be a proactive players tour. Any suspicious activity will be reported and record and necessary action will be taken according to the crime if you know what I mean. We can only do what we can do and the rest is up to the players. this is the best thing that's ever happened to pool. Players make this tour work.

211 Tour
08-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Good point.

211 Tour
08-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi Joe,
Did you get a chance to check out the website. If so, what do you think now?

pooltchr
08-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Many of you guys have known me from posting here for several years. I can tell you I have had several extended conversations with Deby, and have committed to work in this area to build up the league in the southeast. I personally plan on playing, but also lining up rooms and players to participate. I can see a lot of potential for some pretty nice payouts.

The biggest advantage I see is you will be competing in a regional or even national event without ever having to travel. No hotel rooms, no gas money required. Limited down time between matches. You can complete your entire tournament play in less than 2 hours, rather than an entire day or weekend.

The whole idea sounds very positive, and could be what we need to build up some more interest in pool.

Steve