PDA

View Full Version : 9th Annual CCB Dinner

Rich R.
08-23-2010, 12:39 PM
As stated by Eric in the tournament thread, we will be holding the 9th Annual CCB Dinner on Thursday, October 21, during the U.S. Open.
The dinner will be held at the Smokey Bones restaurant again this year. The food is good and the beer is cold.
This dinner is open to all CCB members, members of other forums, friends and relatives.
We will meet in the lobby of the Marriot Hotel at 5pm to make sure everyone has a ride and knows where we are going. Smokey Bones is only a short drive so we will be making the dinner reservations for 5:30pm.
Any one that wants to join us for dinner can respond to this thread.

The list so far is:
Rich R.
Mrs. Rich R.
Eric
Susie
R.J. (aka. ARJ, aka. Kato)
Soflasnapper (aka. Phil-in-sofla)
Icon of Sin
Icon's Dad

08-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Thanks, Rich.

I'm looking forward to it. Good times.

Eric

Rich R.
08-24-2010, 06:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, Rich.

I'm looking forward to it. Good times.

Eric </div></div>
Eric, after missing these events last year, I am really looking forward to being there this year. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
08-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Rich,
Add Mary and I to the dinner list. She won't be playing the tournament this year but I will.

DG(Duane)

Icon of Sin
08-24-2010, 09:27 AM
This will be a great time I'm sure. Can't wait!

Deeman3
08-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Wish all of us could be there. Have a great time guys. It is a nice tradition.

Rich R.
08-24-2010, 04:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish all of us could be there. Have a great time guys. It is a nice tradition. </div></div>
You and Deewoman should really consider a trip one of these years. We ain't so bad and if you really don't like us, there is always the U.S. Open with the greatest players in the world. It won't be a wasted trip.

cueball1950
08-24-2010, 04:46 PM
please add my name to the list. i am not 100% sure i can make it due to medical problems, but i will give advance notice if i don't or can't make it............mike /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Deeman3
08-25-2010, 12:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish all of us could be there. Have a great time guys. It is a nice tradition. </div></div>
You and Deewoman should really consider a trip one of these years. We ain't so bad and if you really don't like us, there is always the U.S. Open with the greatest players in the world. It won't be a wasted trip. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Rich,

Maybe we will. I know I'll love the company and the pool. I'll start working on her and my job now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

Tony_in_MD
08-28-2010, 07:17 AM
If I am at the open this year my wife and I will attend the dinner.

Rich R.
08-29-2010, 05:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tony_in_MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I am at the open this year my wife and I will attend the dinner. </div></div>
We all certainly hope you make it Tony. We'll put you and your wife on the list. Just let me know if anything changes.

Brian in VA
08-30-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm in for dinner this year Rich. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Brian in VA

Rich R.
08-31-2010, 07:02 AM
Here is an updated list for the dinner, so far. Let me know if I missed anyone.

Rich R.
Mrs. Rich R.
Eric
Susie
Icon of Sin
Icon's Dad
dg-in-centralpa
Mrs. dg-in-centralpa
cueball1950
Tony_in_Md
Mrs Tony_in_Md
Brian in Va

ARJ
08-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Hey guys, as to be expected Phil and I will be attending both the tournament and dinner. I think I speak for both of us when I say we couldn't think of a better way to spend a week in October than with all our friends.

We might be getting older but the memories keep getting better.

ARJ~~~the non pool player in the group

Rich R.
09-03-2010, 06:44 AM
I thought I'd bump this up and encourage everyone to think about coming to the U.S. Open with us this year. Obviously, you will get to see the best players in the world at the Open. A small side benefit is that you can come to dinner with us and play in our annual tournament. You will get to put faces together with the screen names. I've met some really great people and formed some great friendships through these CCB events over the past years. If nothing else, it is a great pool related vacation.

Rich R.
09-20-2010, 04:56 AM
I'm just bumping this up again in case some one missed it. If you're thinking about coming, it is only about a month away.

09-20-2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.smokeybones.com

or

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/35/393113/restaurant/Norfolk/Smokey-Bones-Chesapeake

Good food, good drinks and good times at Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

* Fire-grilled, big flavor food
* Ice-cold beer and drinks
* Lively bar and atmosphere

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill delivers good food, good drinks and good times at lunch and dinner, late at night and when sports are on. Our grill masters do not take marinating lightly, especially when grilling steak, cooking up BBQ chicken and smoking pork and ribs to perfection. At Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill, we serve the fun all day and smoke pork and ribs by night. Our fun bartenders deliver ice cold beer, wine and specialty liquor drinks at the bar, and our servers bring to the table much more than just BBQ chicken, ribs and other favorites. Visit Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill to fire up good times with sports, music and fun. While you're there, order a beer and try a Create Your Own Combo with two favorites, like pulled pork and BBQ chicken with two sides for just $9.99. It's the place to go for an ice cold beer or drink, your favorite sports or a night out with friends.

Eric

Icon of Sin
09-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Sounds great. Can't wait!

Scott Lee
09-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Count me in for the dinner too!

Scott Lee

Tony_in_MD
09-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Put my wife Sheila and I down for dinner.

Rich R.
09-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Here is an updated list for the dinner. If any one else is coming, please let me know.

Rich R.
Mrs. Rich R.
Eric
Susie
Icon of Sin
Icon's Dad
dg-in-centralpa
Mrs. dg-in-centralpa
Tony_in_Md
Mrs Tony_in_Md
Brian in Va - Sheila
Scott Lee

Rich R.
10-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Ok, so I screwed up the list a little. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif
Here is the corrected list for the CCB Dinner.
If any one else is attending or if I have made any other mistakes, please let me know.

Rich R.
Mrs. Rich R. (Cathy)
Eric
Susie
Icon of Sin
Icon's Dad
dg-in-centralpa
Mrs. dg-in-centralpa (Mary)
Tony_in_Md
Mrs Tony_in_Md (Sheila)
Brian in Va
Scott Lee

JMD in VA
10-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Rich:

Put me on the list for dinner.

Rich R.
10-10-2010, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JMD in VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich:

Put me on the list for dinner. </div></div>

You got it.

Here is an updated list.

Rich R.
Mrs. Rich R.
Eric
Susie
Icon of Sin
Icon's Dad
dg-in-centralpa
Mrs. dg-in-centralpa
Tony_in_Md
Mrs Tony_in_Md (Sheila)
Brian in Va
Scott Lee
JMD in VA

Rich R.
10-18-2010, 10:20 AM
I just wanted to remind every one that the CCB Dinner is this Thursday evening. My wife, Cathy, has confirmed our reservation at Smokey Bones. We will meet in the Marriott lobby at 5pm to make sure every one has a ride and knows where we are going.

Travel safely and we'll see you all then. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
10-18-2010, 05:52 PM
We're counting the hours until we leave Thursday morning. See everyone Thursday night for dinner.

Duane or DG or whatever

Icon of Sin
10-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Can't wait to see everyone again. Dad and I are leaving Wednesday morning.

Rich R.
10-22-2010, 06:37 AM
We had a great group of 15 for dinner last night and we had a fun time. The food was good and the drinks were cold. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Right now, I'm getting ready to leave for the CCB Tournament. Maybe this will be my year to win. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

For those not here, start making your plans for next year. We have a great time and we also enjoy the worlds best pool at the U.S. Open.

dg-in-centralpa
10-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Just got back from the tournament. Wow! What a final and the match between Corey and Mika was unbelievable. As always our CCB tournament was better. I tied for last place and had lots of fun. The annual dinner is always fun. We had a great time seeing everyone again. We're already making plans for next year.

Duane (DG) and Mary (Mrs. DG)

Brian in VA
10-24-2010, 02:51 PM
I got back to Richmond around noon after staying at QMasters until about 4 a.m. It was still hopping even then!

Good to see everyone at the dinner and at our tournament. I had a ball, as always! My record is still intact from 9 CCB tournaments - I always finish somewhere in the middle!

Brian in VA

Rich R.
10-24-2010, 09:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian in VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got back to Richmond around noon after staying at QMasters until about 4 a.m. It was still hopping even then!

Good to see everyone at the dinner and at our tournament. I had a ball, as always! My record is still intact from 9 CCB tournaments - I always finish somewhere in the middle!

Brian in VA </div></div>
Brian, is it true that Q-Masters had to send some one out on an emergency run for more Bourbon this morning? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Rich R.
10-24-2010, 09:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got back from the tournament. Wow! What a final and the match between Corey and Mika was unbelievable. As always our CCB tournament was better. I tied for last place and had lots of fun. The annual dinner is always fun. We had a great time seeing everyone again. We're already making plans for next year.

Duane (DG) and Mary (Mrs. DG) </div></div>
Duane, whether you finish in last place or third place, like me, we still went home without one of those beautiful trophies, made by Brian. I'm going to get one of those if it is the last thing I do. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

dg-in-centralpa
10-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Rich,
Maybe I will just order one from Brian. LOL I'll have my own tournament with me being the only player? I doubt that I would win. Anyway, thanks to Eric for running the tournament, and to Barry Behrman for providing the tables. Last or mid pack, I still have a great time.

Duane

Brian in VA
10-25-2010, 10:43 AM
I don't think that Q Masters ran out of bourbon but I believe an early morning visit to the ABC store was called for.

What a great weekend of pool! Thanks to everyone for all their work and laughter!

Brian in VA

10-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Great time, as always. I enjoyed everyone's company; it was great seeing my new friends, that are now my old friends. Good times.

Hey, just to throw it out there, next year will be our *10th Annual CCB/US Open event*. 10 years, guys.

I know we will have all year to plan it, but I hope we can make it a lil more festive. I'm thinking about pictures from years past and maybe presenting Barry with something from all of us.

Eric

Rich R.
10-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Eric, I'm all for doing something special next year, especially for Barry. In fact, I would suggest we follow Barry's lead.
This year, during his special celebration, Barry presented some members of his staff with a replica of the U.S. Open trophy with the placks saying they were in appreciation for their work. If Brian doesn't mind the extra work, we could give Barry a CCB Trophy with an inscription thanking him for his support over the 10 years. I would be happy to chip in for any expense involved in making this for Barry.

As far as pictures go, I probably have as many as anybody. The only problem is figuring out how to display them.
First, to print that many pictures, could be very costly.
Second, you wouldn't want a pile of loose pictures floating around and transporting something to display them on would be difficult to transport for any of us.
If anyone has some suggestions, I'm open to it. I'll have to put my thinking cap on.