PDA

View Full Version : Training

warped cue
08-23-2010, 08:04 PM
For the last 3 weeks I have been training on the most common shots that come up normally in a game. I shot cut shots & rail shots from every angle I could come up with. Long shots that were a true indicator of a correct stroke. It was hard work! I found out where your eyes tell you to hit the object ball sometimes lie & decieve you. I am in no way a Top Stick but, I found out that practice can improve your game! I ran my first & probebly only rack of 9 ball yesterday.

Rich R.
08-24-2010, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: warped cue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found out that practice can improve your game! </div></div>

Hmmm, "practice", that is an interesting concept. I'll have to try it some day. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

cushioncrawler
08-24-2010, 06:54 PM
The best training iz hitting a meezle ball up n down table at different pace and skrew etc uzing accurate chalkmarks for qball pozzys and for targets.
Then progress to long straight pots with top or skrew.
mac.

JJFSTAR
08-25-2010, 07:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: warped cue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the last 3 weeks I have been training on the most common shots that come up normally in a game.</div></div>

Yes pool is really about truly mastering the 20 or so shot types that come up over and over again. This realization is more of a milestone than you probably think at this point; you are on the right track. Byrnes (sp) practice game for example is one of the most valuable training tools ever conceived.