PDA

View Full Version : Moline, Il

08-28-2002, 02:39 PM
Anyone going to the tourament at Leisure Time Billiards this weekend?

Kato
08-28-2002, 02:48 PM
Well if it's in Moline I'd assume Chris Cass will be there. That is if he can find his way off of "Street Court"/ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif(inside joke).

Kato

Karatemom
08-28-2002, 08:36 PM
Cass will be there definitely. I'll be there but not sure if I'll compete. No practice = no game, and I've got neither, LOL.

Heide

Kato
08-28-2002, 10:32 PM
But Heide, can you find your way off of "Street Court"?

Kato~~~just wondering.

9 Ball Girl
08-28-2002, 10:43 PM
Well, Heide, if you play, I'll be rootin' for ya here from the East Coast! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

No practice, no game you say. Well I say: (clearing throat) That's alright, that's okay, you're gonna beat 'em anyway! Goooooo Heide!

Wendy~~haven't slept yet so I'm kind of punchy right now

Karatemom
08-29-2002, 05:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> But Heide, can you find your way off of "Street Court"?

Kato~~~just wondering. <hr></blockquote>

I think so. To the north is the river, to the south, east, and west is corn, so I guess I'll just have to follow the river, ROFL.

Heide

08-29-2002, 10:50 AM
I'm going. Even though it's the Midwest Nineball tour, according to the flyer this one is eightball.

Please stop me and say hello, fellow CCBers!

Karla

Karatemom
08-29-2002, 11:47 AM
Looking forward to meeting you. Still haven't decided if I'm playing. Even if I don't, I love to watch!!! Chances are, I'll be the one hanging around with a 10 year old, LOL.

Heide

08-29-2002, 11:50 AM
I'm bringing my 12 and 14 year old girls. Hopefully they'll be able to keep themselves entertained at the hotel, but I expect they'll be spending some time at the pool hall.

I'm looking forward to meeting you, too!

Karla

08-29-2002, 08:15 PM
Karla and Heide, hope to see you there and thank you for responding! Hiede think about playing, the more support from women the better, i personally have noticed a huge drop off in $ and attendance in upper- midwest womens tournaments and i would hate to see them fall by the way side. Regaurdless, looking forward to meeting you both.

Chris Cass
08-30-2002, 07:41 AM
Hi Babe,

Do you think I should mention the lack of air conditioning to handle the entire building, or the Murrey bar boxes that spit out balls when hit straight in the pocket at any speed? Maybe the Forstmen(SP?) cloth? With a turnout of 150 players. It will be like shooting in a hot box. I refuse to mention the poor lighting.

C.C.~~Kenya ready.....

Karatemom
08-30-2002, 09:08 AM
I think the railbirds alone are enough to scare any kind of competition off.

Heide ~ still can't decide

08-30-2002, 11:03 AM
Well, this should be a fun trip!

I played at this room a few years ago in a BCA All American tour event... I don't remember any of these problems. But then I'm getting old, and you know what they say is the first to go.... /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

See ya Saturday!
Karla

Karatemom
08-30-2002, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the pep talk, but I have decided not to play. I will be watching both the womens and the open events though. I just don't have enough practice in my game yet to be able to compete with the other women. Chris isn't real big on me entering either, since I haven't even won a measly little Monday nite tourney yet.

It is a race to 4, alt breaks. The way I'm playing right now, there is absolutely no way I could possibly do any good at this time. But I will be practicing for any others that happen to come up in the future.

Heide ~ appreciates all the encouragement

08-30-2002, 02:18 PM
Thank you chris for the laugh, i'm looking forward to playing in the hot box so i suppose i'd better get off my butt and strat driveing if i'm ever going to get there. ontheroad
P.S. you are exagerating, RIGHT?

08-30-2002, 03:30 PM
partial quote:
It is a race to 4, alt breaks. The way I'm playing right now, there is absolutely no way I could possibly do any good at this time. But I will be practicing for any others that happen to come up in the future.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::

Hi Heide.
Maybe you could consider this tournament as a practice for other upcoming tournaments.

Karatemom
08-30-2002, 04:35 PM
I thought about that, but I'm not real big on spending money, even if it is just $35 with no real chance to win. The $7 Monday nite tourneys are good enough for me right now. Once I get this aiming crap down though, I'll be hitting as many as I can, LOL.

Heide

Karatemom
08-30-2002, 04:36 PM
Sorry ontheroad, no exaggeration. It is all true: no a/c, slow tables, and railbirds galore. Glad you're coming anyway, LOL.

Heide ~ minis are being held tonite. Might see what I can do in those

Voodoo Daddy
08-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Railbirds?...Where? I love railbird with a nice chianti!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Karatemom
08-30-2002, 11:16 PM
Well, come on up. There's enough for everyone! hahahahahaha

Heide