PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to ...

LWW
08-27-2010, 04:35 AM
... the left's love for the imaginary separation of church?

I thought the left's position was that a gubmint employee saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" or wearing a cross lapel pin would lead to a theocracy?

Haven't we been told ad infinitum that merely allowing and tolerating prayer on public grounds was illegal ... much less the state sponsoring it?

Yet now that the regime is spending US taxpayer dollars to support Islamic mosques we here nary a peep from them. WASSUPWIDDAT????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>Americans also may be surprised to learn that the United States has been an active participant in mosque construction projects overseas. In April, U.S. Ambassador to Tanzania Alfonso E. Lenhardt helped cut the ribbon at the 12th-century Kizimkazi Mosque, which was refurbished with assistance from the United States under a program to preserve culturally significant buildings. The U.S. government also helped save the Amr Ebn El Aas Mosque in Cairo, which dates back to 642. The mosque's namesake was the Muslim conqueror of Christian Egypt, who built the structure on the site where he had pitched his tent before doing battle with the country's Byzantine rulers. For those who think the Ground Zero Mosque is an example of "Muslim triumphalism" glorifying conquest, the Amr Ebn El Aas Mosque is an example of such a monument - and one paid for with U.S. taxpayer funds.</span>

The mosques being rebuilt by the United States are used for religious worship, which raises important First Amendment questions. U.S. taxpayer money should not be used to preserve and promote Islam, even abroad. In July 2009, the Office of the Inspector General published an audit of U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) faith-based and community initiatives that examined whether government funds were being used for religious activities. The auditors found that while USAID was funding some religious activities, officials were "uncertain of whether such uses of Agency funding violate Agency regulations or the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution" when balanced against foreign-policy objectives.

For example, our government rebuilt the Al Shuhada Mosque in Fallujah, Iraq, expecting such benefits as "stimulating the economy, enhancing a sense of pride in the community, reducing opposition to international relief organizations operating in Fallujah, and reducing incentives among young men to participate in violence or insurgent groups." <span style='font-size: 11pt'>But Section 205.1(d) of title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations prohibits USAID funds from being used for the rehabilitation of structures to the extent that those structures are used for "inherently religious activities." It is impossible to separate religion from a mosque; any such projects will necessarily support Islam.</span></div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>WHO WANTS TO BE FIRST TO ISSUE THE REGIME A PASS OVER THIS ... OR WILL A LEFTIST FINALLY DENOUNCE THE REGIME? (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/aug/10/tax-dollars-to-build-mosques/print/)</span>

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hk4XNXPloTY/S76Z2oPtD-I/AAAAAAAABHs/IklIiRBC8Pg/s640/MuslimObamaImage2.jpg

LWW

pooltchr
08-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm betting they either deny it, or attack the messenger. They will not challenge what the party tells them, no matter what.

Steve

llotter
08-27-2010, 04:02 PM
According to the old Arabian proverb: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Lefties hate America and Christians, Muslims hate America and Christians, therefore the Left is Islams best friend.

bobroberts
08-27-2010, 04:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to the old Arabian proverb: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Lefties hate America and Christians, Muslims hate America and Christians, therefore the Left is Islams best friend. </div></div>

That's actually true.

LWW
08-27-2010, 06:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to the old Arabian proverb: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Lefties hate America and Christians, Muslims hate America and Christians, therefore the Left is Islams best friend. </div></div>

I think you nailed it brother.

LWW

Sev
08-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Do as I say. Not as I do.

LWW
08-29-2010, 05:53 AM
I can understand the left selling out their principles because of a charismatic leader ... but they didn't even get anything in return.

This is most definitely cult like behavior.

LWW

hondo
08-29-2010, 06:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to the old Arabian proverb: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Lefties hate America and Christians, Muslims hate America and Christians, therefore the Left is Islams best friend. </div></div>

That's actually true. </div></div>

Wingnuts hate liberals. Wingnuts pretend to love America. Therefore liberals must actually hate America.

Ever wonder why libs hate America, bob?
I'm a liberal in your eyes.
Why do I hate America?
I did 2 tours in the paddies.
Everyone of my male ancestors served.
I'm raising my kids in America.
I've invested 30 years in the public school system.
My son-in-law was in Iraq.
Most of my friends are liberal, served their country
and grieve over what Bush did to our great country.

So why do you and lotter and lww and steve and the rest of your clan go on and on about how the Left hates America?
Because you have bought into everything the snake oil
salesmen tell you. Beck and Limberger have brainwashed
folks who were looking for something to hate in the first place.

I'm sure you actually know some folks who are more liberal than you.
Do they hate America?
You know they don't.
You simply spout what you and your buddies have been conditioned to spout as good little conservatives without actually thinking if it is really true.

Classic doublethink.

LWW
08-29-2010, 02:41 PM
You aren't a liberal. you are a statist ... evidence again that you don't know the meaning of the words you use.

The US republic was built on the premise of minimal government and maximum personal freedom and liberty.

The far left, including you, have openly shown a raw and irrational hatred for the ideals of maximum personal freedom and liberty. You have also shown an unending love for maximum state control of everything.

You can bleat to your heart's content about your love for the American republic, but the far left's actions prove it to be either full of hatred for that republic or a woeful ignorance of the principles that republic stands for. Or both.

Anything else I can help you with?

LWW

LWW
08-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Now, here's a challenge for the leftists ... explain how you can get your shorts all in a wad over a manger scene in the front of a city hall yet have no issue with the regime using taxpayer money to fund mosques?

I know you wish the 800 lb gorilla in the room wasn't there to be seen clearly by all but the most brainwashed ... but it is.

LWW

hondo
08-29-2010, 08:10 PM
And what are you, Dick?
What do you label some character who won't work, who
sat in front of a computer for 8 years defending Bush
and bashing Clinton, who nows spends all his time bashing Obama, who claims to be black and yet bashes anything remotely connected to Blacks?

What are you, Dick? What label would you like?

hondo
08-29-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm all for a manger scene in front of the court house.
Were you addressing me?

Limberger and Beck tell you what you're supposed to believe
and you think it's Gospel.
They pigeon-hole anybody who doesn't buy into their hate agenda
and you and your clan lap it up.

Try thinking for yourself.