PDA

View Full Version : Question for conservatives

hondo
08-29-2010, 08:48 PM
If millions took their money out of SS, invested in the market, and lost everything, would you feel contempt for them?
Would you laugh?
Would you help them?

DickLeonard
08-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Hondo thank God we didn'listen to GWB and Jack Abramoff and LWW. We bailed out BANKS and INS. Co. but help a poor person and the right Wing Wackos go Berserk. ####

hondo
08-29-2010, 08:58 PM
My feelings also, Dick.

Stretch
08-29-2010, 11:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My feelings also, Dick. </div></div>

It is said that the worth of a society can be measured by the mannor in which it treats its weakest member. St.

hondo
08-30-2010, 05:53 AM
WOW! Two responses!
It looks like we better stick to politics on here.
I don't think there's any interest in music.

But, Stretch, you are absolutely correct.

LAMas
08-30-2010, 12:07 PM
That's what Madoff did and he has 3 hots and a cot...sex every night whether want's it or not.

Retirement is bliss and toss salad to boot.:-)

Sev
08-30-2010, 06:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My feelings also, Dick. </div></div>

It is said that the worth of a society can be measured by the mannor in which it treats its weakest member. St. </div></div>

Interesting comment stretch.

So then since the weakest member is the unborn in the womb how does that play into your statement??

LWW
08-31-2010, 02:37 AM
You just short circuited some folks.

LWW

Stretch
08-31-2010, 03:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My feelings also, Dick. </div></div>

It is said that the worth of a society can be measured by the mannor in which it treats its weakest member. St. </div></div>

Interesting comment stretch.

So then since the weakest member is the unborn in the womb how does that play into your statement??

</div></div>

The unborn was not concidered in the intent of that statement. But since you want to introduce this to the sentiment of that idea, i would respond by saying the womans wishes concerning whether or not to carry the unborn to term should be respected above all else imo. St.

Qtec
08-31-2010, 03:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So then since the weakest member is the unborn</div></div>

How can the unborn be a member of anything?

Q

LWW
08-31-2010, 03:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The unborn was not concidered in the intent of that statement.</div></div>

I think that was his entire point, well that and that you were blurting out party boiler plate talking points that you don't agree with or seem to even understand ... as you confirmed in your backpedaling.

LWW

LWW
08-31-2010, 03:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So then since the weakest member is the unborn</div></div>

Q </div></div>

Are you saying they do not human life? Are you saying they are sub human?

There used to be a guy running around Germany pimping that nonsense.

LWW

Stretch
08-31-2010, 04:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The unborn was not concidered in the intent of that statement.</div></div>

I think that was his entire point, well that and that you were blurting out party boiler plate talking points that you don't agree with or seem to even understand ... as you confirmed in your backpedaling.

LWW </div></div>

If that was party boiler plate, then please show me the plate it's from. What? You can't? I knew that. Thankyou for your useless as usual contribution. St.

LWW
08-31-2010, 04:14 AM
It was you who made the claim, I merely agreed with you for once.

Please ... and I know it's hard for you ... but try and at least keep up with your own statements.

LWW

Stretch
08-31-2010, 04:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So then since the weakest member is the unborn</div></div>

Q </div></div>

LOL, Q perhaps i should have been a little more specific. I should have said "disadvantaged" rather than "weak" as in injured, sick, or unemployable. It was too presumptuous of me that they would make that connection as weak OBVIOUSLY refers to a fetus lol. OH god, how do they function with those brains......... Did anyone else not "get" what i was trying to say? St.

LWW
08-31-2010, 05:51 AM
How can anyone be more disadvantaged than a fetus left to die in the delivery room?

LWW

Sev
08-31-2010, 06:03 AM
Ahhh. So your a death worshiper.

Good to know.

Sev
08-31-2010, 06:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So then since the weakest member is the unborn</div></div>

Q </div></div>

LOL, Q perhaps i should have been a little more specific. I should have said "disadvantaged" rather than "weak" as in injured, sick, or unemployable. It was too presumptuous of me that they would make that connection as weak OBVIOUSLY refers to a fetus lol. OH god, how do they function with those brains......... Did anyone else not "get" what i was trying to say? St. </div></div>

Actually no. The way you structured the sentence made the connection completely plausible. I could see clearly what your intent was however your phrasing was not exclusive of my question.

hondo
08-31-2010, 06:36 AM
Interesting the way Sev and Lww have diverted the subject matter.
Oh, well, that's what they do.

Sev
08-31-2010, 06:45 AM
Even as a teen I never believed in SS. It was always fundamentally flawed. The largest flaw has been and continues to be government control of it.

Better to let it sunset and create personal savings accounts that the government can neither access or tax.

hondo
08-31-2010, 07:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even as a teen I never believed in SS. It was always fundamentally flawed. The largest flaw has been and continues to be government control of it.

Better to let it sunset and create personal savings accounts that the government can neither access or tax. </div></div>

I created a personal savings account.
Money went for kids' college, things broke down, tragedies, deaths, you name it.

What income do I have left? Teachers Retirement and SSI.

And, believe me, I have been better off and more responsible
than many people I know.

Folks in my area work every day, need every penny to get by,
have no health insurance, ( pray they and family don't get sick)
no retirement, just struggling to live day to day.

There are millions in America like this but apparently LWW, Steve, Eg, Bamadog, Slide Rule, AVmaster, Lamas, Ugotda7, lotter,
and you have never met anybody like that.

Stretch
08-31-2010, 11:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even as a teen I never believed in SS. It was always fundamentally flawed. The largest flaw has been and continues to be government control of it.

Better to let it sunset and create personal savings accounts that the government can neither access or tax. </div></div>

Money went for kids' college, things broke down, tragedies, deaths, you name it.

than many people I know.

There are millions in America like this but apparently LWW, Steve, Eg, Bamadog, Slide Rule, AVmaster, Lamas, Ugotda7, lotter,
and you have never met anybody like that. </div></div>

The extent of their social conscience is "Well it sucks to be them, i got mine". St.

bobroberts
08-31-2010, 01:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even as a teen I never believed in SS. It was always fundamentally flawed. The largest flaw has been and continues to be government control of it.

than many people I know.

I don't believe anyone would begrudge you for collecting because yo worked your whole life an just had some bad breaks but to give monies away to people and criminals w and immigrants illegals who never held a job is just plain wrong.
Surely you understand the difference.

Sev
08-31-2010, 04:03 PM

than many people I know.

I should have better qualified that. Personal interest bearing savings accounts that are tax free that can not be accessed by the government ever. Nor accessed by the account holder until retirement.

Sev
08-31-2010, 04:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even as a teen I never believed in SS. It was always fundamentally flawed. The largest flaw has been and continues to be government control of it.

than many people I know.

The extent of their social conscience is "Well it sucks to be them, i got mine". St. </div></div>

Actually there smart ass I probably will not be eligible to collect anything as I dont contribute.
You dont here me complaining do you????

hondo
08-31-2010, 04:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even as a teen I never believed in SS. It was always fundamentally flawed. The largest flaw has been and continues to be government control of it.

than many people I know.

The extent of their social conscience is "Well it sucks to be them, i got mine". St. </div></div>

Well, I'm sure they don't see it that way but it seems that way to me also, Stretch.

hondo
08-31-2010, 04:20 PM
I repeat. Folks that live paycheck to paycheck, often times robbing Peter to pay Paul in order to get through the month, have no money left for IRAs, CDs, , etc.

You guys just don't get it.
And it doesn't appear you ever will.

hondo
08-31-2010, 04:21 PM
"hear"

Sev
08-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Actually you dont get it.

If you replaced the amount they take out in SS and put it in a personal interest bearing account, when you retire all the money is yours with interest. The amount you receive would exceed that of SS.

Whats so hard to understand about that????

hondo
08-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Did you catch the "robbing Peter to pay Paul" comment at all?

I'll go slow, Sev. If an individual is having trouble making it from paycheck to paycheck, as many Americans do, and they get the money that was being taken out for SS, what do you think they're going to do with it? Invest it?

Think real hard, Sev. You can do this.

Sev
08-31-2010, 04:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you catch the "robbing Peter to pay Paul" comment at all?

I'll go slow, Sev. If an individual is having trouble making it from paycheck to paycheck, as many Americans do, and they get the money that was being taken out for SS, what do you think they're going to do with it? Invest it?

Think real hard, Sev. You can do this. </div></div>

Good god. Are you being deliberately dense???
They would not receive the money directly. It would be a direct deposit into a locked account that is set up at birth.

Pass the Fair Tax and make the contributions to these accounts come directly from that. There would no longer be income tax, FICA, SS or any of the matching taxes employers have to pay.

hondo
08-31-2010, 05:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you catch the "robbing Peter to pay Paul" comment at all?

They would not receive the money directly. It would be a direct deposit into a locked account that is set up at birth.

</div></div>

Am I deliberately dense?
Show me where you explained that before?
Perhaps I should call you Dick Too.

Sev
08-31-2010, 05:13 PM
<span style='font-size: 23pt'>AAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

hondo
08-31-2010, 07:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you catch the "robbing Peter to pay Paul" comment at all?

Pass the Fair Tax and make the contributions to these accounts come directly from that. There would no longer be income tax, FICA, SS or any of the matching taxes employers have to pay. </div></div>

I just reread this, Mr AAAARGH.
So, they're contributing from birth?
Exactly how does that work?
Contribute what? How?
And how is this investing your own money?
And if they can't touch this money, who is investing the money and how would this be regulated?

In fairness to you, I thought maybe I was missing something.
My wife thinks you're whack also.
And, again, I repeat, Mr AAARGH, where did you mention this before in the thread, and why I have never heard of this concept
before?

AAAARRRRGGGGHHH indeed!

LAMas
08-31-2010, 09:23 PM

than many people I know.

Hondo,
I am still working, although I could have retired years ago. I guess I am contributing to your SS benefits and hope to continue to help out.

I hope that your other income, your Teacher's Pension continues as well for you, but like here in CA the pension trustees made some bad predictions and investments:

July 20, 2010
Debt: Pensions, insurance

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Politicians love to award benefits to government employees, a large body of voters -- but they hate to raise taxes or fees to pay for the benefits. As a result, public pension and insurance systems sink deeper into insolvency.

Three months ago, a national study ranked West Virginia's teacher pension system as the most underfunded in America, with potential future debts exceeding $5 billion. The 2010 Legislature had to pump $470 million of taxpayer money into the teacher plan just to keep it afloat another year....

Your buddy, LAMas.

hondo
08-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks, "buddy."

Gayle in MD
09-01-2010, 07:39 AM

than many people I know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Folks in my area work every day, need every penny to get by,
</div></div>

And that demise began with RR, and has been pushed further by every single Republican President and REpublican Majority since.

Yet, Republicans defend BP, vote against feeding hungry children, vote against providing decent equipment, and health care for our vets, and the ill annd dying, and manipulate religious wingnuts in the country, by distracting them from their own personal best economic interests, by using divisive hate, and the wedge issues of the fundamentalist Christian, group haters, who seek to use the word of God, to spread fear and hate, and justify violence, just as alQaeda has done.

Too tragic for words.

G.

hondo
09-01-2010, 03:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you catch the "robbing Peter to pay Paul" comment at all?

Pass the Fair Tax and make the contributions to these accounts come directly from that. There would no longer be income tax, FICA, SS or any of the matching taxes employers have to pay. </div></div>

Contribute what? How?
And if they can't touch this money, who is investing the money and how would this be regulated?

And, again, I repeat, Mr AAARGH, where did you mention this before in the thread, and why I have never heard of this concept
before?

AAAARRRRGGGGHHH indeed! </div></div>

And THAT appears to have shut Mr AAARRRGGGHHH up.

Good job, Hondo.
Thanks, Hondo.
You're welcome, Hondo.
Hondo, Hondo, STFU! You guys are getting on my last nerve.

Sorry, Hondo.

Sev
09-01-2010, 04:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you catch the "robbing Peter to pay Paul" comment at all?

Contribute what? How?

before?

AAAARRRRGGGGHHH indeed! </div></div>

And THAT appears to have shut Mr AAARRRGGGHHH up.

Good job, Hondo.
Thanks, Hondo.
You're welcome, Hondo.
Hondo, Hondo, STFU! You guys are getting on my last nerve.

Sorry, Hondo. </div></div>

This is why discussing things with you sometimes becomes frustrating.

Sorry about the dense comment. It was uncalled for.

Lets try this again.

1. Pass the fair tax. This will capture everybody in the united states. Rich. Poor. Legal. Illegal.
There would be no luxury taxes or special circumstance taxes.

2. The fair tax eliminates the IRS as there would be no income tax. No FICA. No matching taxes by employers. No surcharges. No taxes at any level of production until the product comes to market.

3. This allows each individual to collect the full value of their labor. Ergo no taxes out of your paycheck.

4. This allows 2 things your buying power increases and the cost of employment and production decreases.

5. When a child is born and receives a Soc Sec number an locked savings account it created. It can not be accessed by you or the government. It can not be taxed as there would no longer be any income taxes.

6. A percentage of the taxes that are collected from the Fair Tax is distributed equally to every savings account on a weekly basis.

7. At retirement the account is yours to do with as you please. It would also be willable and transferable to your family members with no taxation.

Sev
09-01-2010, 04:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even as a teen I never believed in SS. It was always fundamentally flawed. The largest flaw has been and continues to be government control of it.

than many people I know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Folks in my area work every day, need every penny to get by,
</div></div>

And that demise began with RR, and has been pushed further by every single Republican President and REpublican Majority since.

Yet, Republicans defend BP, vote against feeding hungry children, vote against providing decent equipment, and health care for our vets, and the ill annd dying, and manipulate religious wingnuts in the country, by distracting them from their own personal best economic interests, by using divisive hate, and the wedge issues of the fundamentalist Christian, group haters, who seek to use the word of God, to spread fear and hate, and justify violence, just as alQaeda has done.

Too tragic for words.

G. </div></div>

Nice cherry pick Gayle.

LWW
09-01-2010, 04:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Am I deliberately dense?
</div></div>

Trust me, you don't want to have that one put to a vote.

LWW

hondo
09-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Nice cherry pick, LWW.

LWW
09-01-2010, 05:32 PM

than many people I know.

What an asinine statement.

LWW

Sev
09-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Its concept I thought of in a conversation with a friend of my grandfathers who owned a bank in WI.

I was 16 at the time.

Please note my detailed answer outlining the concept and show it to your wife.

Its a rather simple concept.

Oh and just to add an addendum the Federal Reserve would be excluded from being eligible to hold the accounts.

hondo
09-05-2010, 09:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LAMas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's what Madoff did and he has 3 hots and a cot...sex every night whether want's it or not.

Retirement is bliss and toss salad to boot.:-) </div></div>

"wants", not "want's"

Your grammar police hard at work.

hondo
09-05-2010, 09:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LAMas</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even as a teen I never believed in SS. It was always fundamentally flawed. The largest flaw has been and continues to be government control of it.

than many people I know.

Hondo,
I am still working, although I could have retired years ago. I guess I am contributing to your SS benefits and hope to continue to help out.

I hope that your other income, your Teacher's Pension continues as well for you, but like here in CA the pension trustees made some bad predictions and investments:

July 20, 2010
Debt: Pensions, insurance

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Politicians love to award benefits to government employees, a large body of voters -- but they hate to raise taxes or fees to pay for the benefits. As a result, public pension and insurance systems sink deeper into insolvency.

Three months ago, a national study ranked West Virginia's teacher pension system as the most underfunded in America, with potential future debts exceeding $5 billion. The 2010 Legislature had to pump $470 million of taxpayer money into the teacher plan just to keep it afloat another year....

Your buddy, LAMas. </div></div>

No need to capitalize " teacher's pension" in this context.
WHEW!!! You make the grammar police work hard, "buddy."

pooltchr
09-05-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm so glad to see you have found your calling. Since you can't add anything of substance to the forum, you can just be a petty little man and mark everyone's papers.

Too bad you can't draw red circles on them!

Steve

hondo
09-06-2010, 07:40 AM
LOL! Have a nice day.