PDA

View Full Version : question for Right wingers

hondo
08-30-2010, 06:25 AM
It appears that the only time you are behind big government is when a Republican regime sends us to war.

I'm serious.

Please dispute that statement.

I've been on this forum for years.
The Right wingers complained about every aspect of government involvement except Bush's war which they defended passionately.
Now that Obama's in office , no more defense of war.

Am I wrong here?

pooltchr
08-30-2010, 06:29 AM
One of the responsibilities of the government specifically authorized is the national defense.

I think most of us understand the difference between government doing it's job, and government getting involved in things that they have no business getting involved in.

Steve

bobroberts
08-30-2010, 09:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the responsibilities of the government specifically authorized is the national defense.

I think most of us understand the difference between government doing it's job, and government getting involved in things that they have no business getting involved in.

Steve </div></div>
Truer words never spoken.
That is about all the govnt is supposed to do.
The rest should just be oversight of the private sector.

eg8r
08-30-2010, 10:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Right wingers complained about every aspect of government involvement except Bush's war which they defended passionately.
Now that Obama's in office , no more defense of war.
</div></div>What is wrong with asking the man to do what he said he would do?

eg8r

LWW
08-30-2010, 03:53 PM
This is simply another false flag thread. Alinsky would be proud of H ... assign a false position to someone and then get them to defend it.

The reality is that H/G/S/W/Q wailed and gnashed their teeth over a deficit of $160B ... which conservatives agreed was too high ... yet defend a deficit od ten times that as fiscally sound.

LWW

Sev
08-30-2010, 06:44 PM
If we are in charge of policing he world. We should also be in charge of population control.

hondo
08-30-2010, 06:56 PM
I agree.