PDA

View Full Version : Right-wing Voter Supression Effort Caught

Gayle in MD
09-06-2010, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glenn W. Smith
Writer, campaign manager, activist, think tank analyst

Posted: September 6, 2010 11:43 AM

Right-Wing Voter Suppression Effort Caught Using Doctored Photo (VIDEO, PHOTOS)
A right-wing group in Houston engaged in a systematic voter suppression and intimidation effort used a doctored photo in its showcase video. Tellingly, a hand-lettered sign carried by an African-American woman at a 2000 Florida, Gore-Lieberman recount rally was changed from, "Don't Mess With Our Vote," to read, "I Only Got to Vote Once."

Huffington Post editors first suspected the photoshopping after I posted "Possible Arson and the Right's Texas Voter Suppression Effort" regarding King Street Patriots' attacks on a nonprofit voter registration effort and the mysterious fire that destroyed all of Harris County's (Houston) voting machines.

In my regular Sunday FireDogLake column, I posted a follow-up piece, "Contempt for Democracy: Attacks on Voting Rights," that included a link to DigitalDupes.org, which had launched an effort to locate the original photo. Within hours, Newshounds found it.

In addition, a Gore/Lieberman sign was altered to read, "I'm With Stupid." Here is the doctored video as presented in King Street Patriots' video, followed by the original photographs.

</div></div>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glenn-w-smith/right-wing-voter-suppress_b_706550.html

pooltchr
09-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Still crying about the so called stolen elections?

Very good, Nero.

Steve

Sev
09-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Say were the black and holding clubs???

LWW
09-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Where is any evidence of voter suppression?

LWW