PDA

View Full Version : 9-11 Memorial

Fran Crimi
08-29-2002, 11:04 AM
BCA Instructor Gary Nelson has been invited to represent his state (North Dakota) at the ground zero memorial service in NYC on Sept 11th. Gary, who lost his daughter in the WTC last Sept. 11th, said he feels honored and overwhelmed to have been chosen as one of the 50 state representatives to attend the memorial.

Gary will also be a guest speaker at the ND national Red Cross convention on Sept 7th.

I will be meeting Gary and friends in NYC on Sept. 10th to join him for dinner at the last restaurant that he and his daughter attended for dinner, just prior to the attack last year.

I'm sure it will be a sad week for Gary and his family, but he is a man of great strength, courage, and with action to back it up, and I know he will get through it.

Also, Jeanette Lee has been invited by the Governor of North Dakota to speak at their 9/11 memorial next week.

Fran

travellerdl2
08-29-2002, 11:43 AM
Fran, Both you and Gary will be in my prayers. Mark

Chris Cass
08-29-2002, 04:32 PM
My heart goes out still, to the people of NY. Especially, those from the board. I feel these new friends need to know, I care.

Regards,

C.C.~~in my prayers..

9 Ball Girl
08-29-2002, 04:36 PM
Thanks C.C. I lost 2 friends in the WTC on 9/11 and I'm planning to attend a couple of the memorial services that will take place that week.

Chris Cass
08-29-2002, 05:02 PM
Your quite welcome. I was saddened by the event and normally would, as everyone on the planet did. It touched home moreso since, posting on the CCB. It's when I went to Vegas this yr that really did it. After looking, into Carol's eyes, that cut me deep inside. Fran, can cover it up a bit better but I know the real deal. How anyone can hurt these women that way to me, is unbelievable. Meeting them both changed my life. I can't imagine what you've all been through. I can only be there for you and hope that it helps.

Best thoughts,

C.C.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-29-2002, 05:02 PM
We should all take time to consider what happened then and be thankful that we live in a nation with people that are normally heros.

Barbara
08-29-2002, 08:04 PM
Fran,

It will be a day of strength for a lot of people, let alone Gary.

I don't know him personally, but I did read the post about him losing his daughter.

All the stories still draw me to tears.

Barbara

PQQLK9
08-29-2002, 08:15 PM
Let us NEVER forget...here's a site remembering the Pentagon victims...it is provided by someone who lost his wife... www.pentagonangels.net (http://www.pentagonangels.net)

CarolNYC
08-30-2002, 06:45 AM
"Smile,through your pain&sorrow,Smile,and ALWAYS tomorrow,you'll see the sun come shining through,if YOU JUST SMILE!"
Carol~loves&misses Chris&Family-turns the frown,into a clown!:):):):):):):):)

Doctor_D
08-30-2002, 06:53 AM
Good morning:

Thank-you for the link. I have visited the site, scrolled and read through all of the "Angels", and I am now filled with tears.

/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Dr. D.