PDA

View Full Version : LOL, GOP Against Tax Cuts For Small Businesses????

Gayle in MD
09-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Another example of Republicans being the party of no, ever when our President has a policy which they have pushed for all along.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Their biggest fear is more good econoomic news, and more success in digging our way out of Bush's Great Recession!

Disgusting.

The lies are flowing like Champaign.

Same ol' same ol'....

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

LWW
09-08-2010, 04:08 AM
Champaign is a city in Illinois and it is not flowing.

Beyond that, did you actually have anything to support your contention in the thread title?

Apparently not.

LWW

LWW
09-08-2010, 04:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Their biggest fear is more good econoomic news, and more success in digging our way out of Bush's Great Recession!</div></div>

To have more good economic news we must have some to begin with ... and we don't.

Also, you declared the Bush recession over. Now ... if we are in a recession, your own words condemn it to being the fault of dearest leader.

Your pandering for favor with the party is leaving you nowhere to hide.

LWW

eg8r
09-08-2010, 05:29 AM
Is there a link to a Rep saying he was against tax cuts for small businesses? Or is this another example of the Rep saying "No" to a good bill that was tainted with Dem pork?

eg8r

pooltchr
09-08-2010, 06:33 AM
she has presented the party line. There is no reason to have anything to back it up. They said it, so it must be true!

Steve

llotter
09-08-2010, 07:15 AM
The problem with virtually all Democrat tax 'cuts' and many on the Republican side as well is that they are 'targeted' to support their failed policies. In other words, you can only get the advantage if you do as the dictators want you to do rather than what you think is best for your business at the time. This inherently distorts the efficiency of the market and always favors some at the expense of others, a basic infringement on the Rule of Law.

Government cannot plan the economy and all efforts to do so will only make matters worse. Furthermore, in a FREE society, even if they were capable of effective planning, they could not without sacrificing that freedom and therefore they shouldn't even try. We became a great and powerful country without government planning and we are ruining it with government planning.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2010, 08:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We became a great and powerful country without government planning and we are ruining it with government planning. </div></div>

Nothing could be farther from the truth, than that statement.
Without Government Planning, we'd be a British Nation. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Qtec
09-08-2010, 09:07 AM
They are playing politics and destroying peoples lives and they don't care.
They had their chance and blew it. The People elected Obama and his policies and rejected the same ideas that the GOP is now proposing. The GOP, like a 2 year old with a continual temper tantrum, say NO to everything. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>They want to bring Govt to a halt, PURELY for their own gain and F--K the USA.</span> The only one's they are interested in helping is themselves and the super rich who actually control the country.

Q..slime is what they are.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2010, 09:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are playing politics and destroying peoples lives and they don't care.
They had their chance and blew it. The People elected Obama and his policies and rejected the same ideas that the GOP is now proposing. The GOP, like a 2 year old with a continual temper tantrum, say NO to everything. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>They want to bring Govt to a halt, PURELY for their own gain and F--K the USA.</span> The only one's they are interested in helping is themselves and the super rich who actually control the country.

slime is what they are. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>The only one's they are interested in helping is themselves and the super rich who actually control the country.
slime is what they are.</span> </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> Truer words were never spokien!

G. </span>

pooltchr
09-08-2010, 10:47 AM
And yet you continue to think that the Dems put your interests ahead of their own party building power grab!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

llotter
09-08-2010, 12:04 PM
That is a cheap shot. I explicitly was talking about economic planning. There are constitutionally functions of our government and dealing in foreign affairs is at the top of that very short list.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2010, 12:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a cheap shot. I explicitly was talking about economic planning. There are constitutionally functions of our government and dealing in foreign affairs at the top of that very short list. </div></div>

I suppose you think we could build highways, properly address the education of our citizens, deal with natural disasters, safe food, safe water and air, and enforce the laws of the land, with no government????

None of that requires economic planning?

I suppose you think when the British invaded our country, we didn't need any government to deal with it, where the hell do you think that happened, in Britian?

You anti-gov, free market zealots, give me a pain. Government's job is to perform the missions which individuals cannot perform, as individuals.

WE have a Constitution, which was written by our Founders, and you radical RWers, have no respect for what is in it.
Equal rights, under the law.
G.

pooltchr
09-08-2010, 01:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I suppose you think we could build highways, properly address the education of our citizens, deal with natural disasters, safe food, safe water and air, and enforce the laws of the land, with no government????

<span style="color: #FF0000">All of that could be quite effectively handled at the state level. And as for enforcing the laws of the land, we have an example right now where one state is trying to do exactly that, when the federal government refuses to do so.</span>

I suppose you think when the British invaded our country, we didn't need any government to deal with it, where the hell do you think that happened, in Britian?

<span style="color: #FF0000">For the most part, the revolutionary war was handled by members of various state militias </span>

You anti-gov, free market zealots, give me a pain. Government's job is to perform the missions which individuals cannot perform, as individuals.
<span style="color: #FF0000"> Read the constitution and you will find out you are wrong. Government's job is quite clearly laid out for all to see right there.
We are not anti government. We are in favor of a government that operates within the limits of the constitution.</span>

WE have a Constitution, which was written by our Founders, and you radical RWers, have no respect for what is in it.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> You should really try to read and comprehend what is in that document, if you are going to use it for political posturing.</span>
G.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">You would probably end up looking foolish on a less frequent basis, if you would simply try using logic and reason rather than emotional basis for your opinions.

Steve </span>

llotter
09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a cheap shot. I explicitly was talking about economic planning. There are constitutionally functions of our government and dealing in foreign affairs at the top of that very short list. </div></div>

None of that requires economic planning?

G.
</div></div>

I follow the principles of subsidiarity i.e. never let government do for you what you can do for yourself and always favor the level of government closest to the people whenever possible. The federal government should be limited to the Enumerated Powers listed in Art. I, Sec. 8 and you will not find about 70% of what they are currently doing there.

Parents can educate their own kids, as many do. If they don't feel competent or don't have the time or inclination, they can hire someone to help out, like a private school. Until fairly recently, the federal gov. had nothing to do with education and the more it has become involved, the worse the results.

Roads and bridges were entirely a state function until Ike used the Social Security funds to start the interstate highway system but even there, the purported constitutional justification was for national defense.

Do you honestly think we are better off with the expensive alphabet soup of agencies looking after us like we were little kids or would we be better off looking after ourselves? Taking responsibility for our own welfare is what enables us to build good character as individuals and as a nation while the nanny state makes us weak dependents wearing diapers all our lives.

It is very unbecoming and a sign of a sick society to see our citizens always with hand out, crying for help from Big Brother...and knowing in their hearts that they are merely stealing for others under color of law.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Again, you failed to address most of my points.

G.

LWW
09-08-2010, 03:47 PM
That's because you couldn't document the original point of the thread?

LWW