PDA

View Full Version : The Backlash

Gayle in MD
09-08-2010, 12:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They Think Obama Isn't an American Citizen.
They Think Obama Wants to Put Americans in Concentration Camps.
They Think Obama Is the Anti-Christ.
This Isn't Just the Tea Party—Welcome to the Backlash.

In November 2008, the election of Barack Obama was supposed to usher in a new age of hope, optimism, and postpartisan politics. Instead it provoked unparalleled anger on the far right that eventually twisted important national discussions and pushed ideas from the conservative fringe into the mainstream media. In the ensuing months, countless pollsters and reporters have tried to understand the heart of this mob that appeared so suddenly, but none of them has successfully accounted for the hard-right movement's rapid growth or explained the hidden connections between its parts. Until now.

In this gripping expose, Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Will Bunch reveals the secrets behind the crusade against Obama, exploring how forces like radical militia groups, the Tea Party, pro-gun zealots, and Glenn Beck have combined old-fashioned populist outrage with digital-age phobias to produce a wave of resentment that many have ridden straight to the bank. Pulling back the curtain on the paranoid politics of a new generation, Bunch shows how events such as the election of America's first African-American president, the economic recession, the rise of social networking, and the phenomenon of Glenn Beck have created a dangerous political moment that poses legitimate risks to democracy in America.

From conspiracy theorists to secessionists, birthers to "independent" Tea Partiers, Bunch illuminates the ties among this new array of groups. Going beyond easy caricature, he strips away layers of rhetoric to reveal politicians like Paul Broun, who, as one of the most extreme members of Congress, works as hard for right-wing ideologues as he does for his economically battered constituents, and groups like the Oath Keepers, a fast-growing, ultraradical organization that spreads unsubstantiated fears of Obama confiscating guns and placing U.S. citizens in concentration camps. In addition, Bunch exposes the opportunists who have embraced a new brand of apocalyptic fearmongering, which has made them millions but has also led to the widespread paranoia that has helped fuel a rise in antigovernment violence.

The end result shows the true stakes of this political perfect storm, demonstrating how the anger of the far right now threatens to consume America. Powerful, shocking, and thought-provoking, The Backlash is a controversial look at where our democracy is—and where it may be heading.

I'll just add that, believe it or not, it's a pretty entertaining read -- in some parts, laugh-out-loud funny. It's also chilling, to hear the sorts of things these "citizen patriots" believe -- and why.

</div></div>

Deeman3
09-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Those on the left would want everyone to beleive this characterises everyone from the right. The polls show this strategy just does not work. It is easier than coming up with real solutions, we know.

The backlash, you speak of is, of course, true and the more exeragerations they make, the more will show up to vote in November. Rather than the planned strategy of keeping them away, these lies tied to everyday citizens is just making them more determined to get these people oout of power before they excuse us into bankruptsey forever.

Keep it coming. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jimmyg
09-08-2010, 01:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those on the left would want everyone to beleive this characterises everyone from the right. The polls show this strategy just does not work. It is easier than coming up with real solutions, we know.

The backlash, you speak of is, of course, true and the more exeragerations they make, the more will show up to vote in November. Rather than the planned strategy of keeping them away, these lies tied to everyday citizens is just making them more determined to get these people oout of power before they excuse us into bankruptsey forever.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Keep it coming. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span> </div></div>

Very clear, accurate response.

It will continue coming, it is, most likely, totally involuntary. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

J

Deeman3
09-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Gayle,

As bright as you are, and I do think you are, would you not have come up with an idea that would have cost less than $432,000 per job created or saved?

Would you have come up with a bill of less than 2,000 pages that none of the members of either house was able to read that would have helped our health care system?

Would you, I really guess not, have not come up with a better way to defend what has been done recently than to have branded every person left of your position as a racist, a homophobe or anti-american just because some on the far right may have those views?

With that criteria, I would think that you would look with more suspicion on those who think the labeling of the radial Islamic who bomb, kill and behead their opponents as hating all Muslims.

If the right in this country was truly so anti-Muslim, don't you think there would have been many more incidents of abuse and such since 9/11? I think, that the vast majority of all Americans, left and right, have shown a remarkability to tell the difference in radical Muslims and the rest. Certainly much more than the subject Radical Muslims who have shown no restrain, no tolerence for anything they oppose, even their own women.

If you put anywhere near the effort into convincing the radicals to stop abusing their women, killing innocent people, both Muslim and others, we might give your words more weight in judging us so harshly.

Petras (you have called him betrayus) just said that the burning of the Koran is equal to Abu Grab! I think this is not true. I think doing so is il advised but legal and not as bad as those acts that are perpetrated against us every day. Still, not all Muslims have done these things so i agree we should not burn their Koran. I don't bleive it is illegal, just in bad taste and not a good use of time and energy. That being said, they have as much right to do this as someone does to build a Mosque at ground zero.

Gayle in MD
09-08-2010, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle,

As bright as you are, and I do think you are, would you not have come up with an idea that would have cost less than $432,000 per job created or saved?

<span style="color: #FF0000">How do I know if that is accurate? Could you give me a link? What I do know, is that I didn't hear any ideas coming from the other side of the isle, and sill don't. Just criticisms, and no ideas of their own, and THEY put us in this mess.</span>
Would you have come up with a bill of less than 2,000 pages that none of the members of either house was able to read that would have helped our health care system?

<span style="color: #FF0000">Deeman, they had months and months to read 2,000 pages. Do you know how many words a speed reader can read in a minute? Do you know how many people they have on their staffs? That two thousand page BS is the biggest strawman I've ever heard. What are we paying them for? apparently Republicans resent having to read! Why am I not surprised???</span>

Would you, I really guess not, have not come up with a better way to defend what has been done recently than to have branded every person left of your position as a racist, a homophobe or anti-american just because some on the far right may have those views?

<span style="color: #FF0000">I direct those lables to those who behave in such a way as to deserve them, and the Pastor certainly does, and also to those representatives who stand and watch, and fail to speak against them. </span>

With that criteria, I would think that you would look with more suspicion on those who think the labeling of the radial Islamic who bomb, kill and behead their opponents as hating all Muslims.

<span style="color: #FF6666">I've explained what I believe, and I am always against biggotry. Always against violence. Always against hate.

Was this pastor being a biggot, IYO, or not. He has trashed Gays, Women, Muslims, and is linked up with a radical RW malitia, what would you call him? A peace loving Christian, who deserves to cause our soldiers more fatalities?

Do we insure religious freedom for all, or just some? If the answer is only those that some people in this country like, then that isn't what the Constition, and the Bill Of Rights, say.

Do you think we owe any respect for the families of the many American Muslims, here in our country, who were killed or maimed while fighting for America, or killed on 9/11, any respect? </span>

If the right in this country was truly so anti-Muslim,

<span style="color: #FF0000">Neither of us has a count, Dee, but I don't hear anyone from the right, condemning the racist acts I've been witnessing lately, do you? I hear Republicans on this forum, defending racism, sexism, and biggotry. That's what I am reading on here, and that';s what Limpballs and Palin, and the rest of them are spouting out every day. Do the righties on here speak out against them when they spread racist lies about President Obama?</span>

Don't you think there would have been many more incidents of abuse and such since 9/11?

<span style="color: #FF0000">What I think is that there have been enough already, and probably far more than either of us knows about. We don't need more hate and biggotry. We don't need people burning the Qu'ran, and clips of it all over the internet, for extremist Muslims to use to get more out there helping them with killing our soldiers. That's my main concern in this whole thing. </span>

I think, that the vast majority of all Americans, left and right, have shown a remarkability to tell the difference in radical Muslims and the rest.

<span style="color: #FF0000">You do? Then why are they calling the President a Muslim, a terrorist, a racist? Come on, Dee, I was there at the capitol while the Repubs were waving and cheering hatred, and racism, pure and simple.

I was there when Republicans insulted the families of those lost on 9/11, who had to demand an investigation, and I will never forget the way they were treated.

I was there to hear and see for myself, what happened to our soldiers because Rumsfeld, wanted to prosecute a war on a shoestring. Don't expect me to approve of such outrageous behavior, and no, I don't think any of us have done enough to distinguish between radical Muslims, and peaceful Muslims, radical religious zealots, and peaceful Christians. Not nearly enough.

IMO, we all need to speak out against hate, sexism and biggotry where ever we find it.</span>

Certainly much more than the subject Radical Muslims who have shown no restrain, no tolerence for anything they oppose, even their own women.

<span style="color: #FF0000">What does any of that have to do with OUR PRINCIPLES???? Please don't use the ignorance, radicalism and hate of the pigs, to justify more of it! </span>

If you put anywhere near the effort into convincing the radicals to stop abusing their women, killing innocent people, both Muslim and others, we might give your words more weight in judging us so harshly.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Then why is the right on here comdemning a man who has, the Imam, in NY? I always judge racism harshly. Biggots, and radicals, as well. </span>

Petras (you have called him betrayus) just said that the burning of the Koran is equal to Abu Grab! I think this is not true.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Deeman, first of all, Yes, I did write a post titled "General Betrayus????" With Question marks behind it!

I still think that when he was asked in front of the Senate Committee, if he thought the war in Iraq was making America any safer, and he said, very clearly, "Actually, I don't know." Then, after he was called by the White House, during the break, he came back in there and changed his staement.

Now, IMO, he was wrong, to do so, and that was not an honest, truthful thing for him to do, but I do realize, and factor in, that different presidents, run different sorts of administrations, and surely Bush's was one of the most controlling and dictatorial in history, IMO.

Now, we know, for sure, that the War In Iraq, did not make us any safer, IMO. In fact, the world around us became more unsafe, and as I have said, many times, our NSE, stated, that Bush's war advantaged our enemies, and that Abu G., and the torturing of prisoners, emboldened our enemies, gave life to their cause, and that is what General Petraeus is referencing, in his statement, that burning the Qu'ran, endangers our troops, and will again, give the terrorists yet another recruiting tool.

Does that make any sense to you? It does for me, because I saw the results, with my own two eyes, of Bush's torture program, and it wasn't pretty, and it was a black mark on our country. </span>

I think doing so is il advised but legal and not as bad as those acts that are perpetrated against us every day.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Like what? What bad acts are perpetrated against us by the American Muslim community? We are talking about AMERICANS!

You know what I think is the worst act committed against this country on a regular basis, FOX NEWS. Rush Limpballs. Glen Beck. Sara Palin. Hate speakers and liars all.</span>

Still, not all Muslims have done these things so i agree we should not burn their Koran. I don't bleive it is illegal, just in bad taste and not a good use of time and energy. That being said, they have as much right to do this as someone does to build a Mosque at ground zero. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Well, it surely is illegal in that city, in fla., and It isn't a mosque, and it isn't on Ground Zero. The fact is, it is a Community Center,with a Mosque inside, and it's two blocks away from Ground Zero, and dedicated to peace, religious understanding, peace and freedom, and led by a man who has been working his whole life, to speak against radicalism and violence, in any and all religions.

Also, while we're on the subject, I might add, that one of every four American College Girls, will be raped before they graduate.

Are we really so much better than American/Muslims???? I'm sure you don't think the Muslims are raping all of them, do you?

IMO, that is what we should be debating, solving and condemning, not where a building should or shouldn't be built.

BTW, Thanks for saying that you think I'm intelligent. I think you are also...

G.</span>

Gayle in MD
09-08-2010, 04:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those on the left would want everyone to beleive this characterises everyone from the right. The polls show this strategy just does not work. It is easier than coming up with real solutions, we know.

Keep it coming. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Deeman, did you see how many Republicans, as compared to others, believe this stuff?

G.

pooltchr
09-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Could be because so many democrats only believe what they get in their daily spoon feeding?

Steve

Sev
09-08-2010, 06:24 PM
I cant wait to see the rant after Nov 3.

LWW
09-09-2010, 02:29 AM
I would suggest that some people we know be put on suicide watch following the election.

LWW

hondo
09-09-2010, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could be because so many democrats only believe what they get in their "daily spoon feeding?"

Steve </div></div>

That was just precious.

But you already know that.

hondo
09-09-2010, 06:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant wait to see the rant after Nov 3. </div></div>

Get your hands off your wanger.
Pace yourself.
You've still got a few more days.

pooltchr
09-09-2010, 07:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could be because so many democrats only believe what they get in their "daily spoon feeding?"

Steve </div></div>

That was just precious.

But you already know that. </div></div>

Thank you, Larry! Oh, wait! That was Honduh! It seems H is so infatuated with L that he can't even post anything unless he checks to make sure Larry has posted it first!

Hero worship at it's finest!

Steve

hondo
09-09-2010, 07:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would suggest that some people we know be put on suicide watch following the election.

LWW </div></div>

Why, Mr "Libertarian"?
You think the Republicans are going to
"save" our country?

My guess is they're first going to restore the tax cuts to the very wealthy.

You've been bellowing this " Democrats bad, Republicans good"
blarney so long you actually believe it.

hondo
09-09-2010, 07:06 AM
LOL! That was because I got my daily spood feeding from precious leader.
HMMM. Where have I heard those words before?

pooltchr
09-09-2010, 07:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL! That was because I got my daily spood feeding from precious leader.
HMMM. Where have I heard those words before? </div></div>

From the same source you have been copying for a week now.
Last week it was the "brotherly Christian love" routine.
This week it's "Quote Larry" week.
Got any big plans for next week?????

Steve

hondo
09-09-2010, 07:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL! That was because I got my daily spood feeding from precious leader.
HMMM. Where have I heard those words before? </div></div>

From the same source you have been copying for a week now.
Last week it was the "brotherly Christian love" routine.
This week it's "Quote Larry" week.
Got any big plans for next week?????

Steve </div></div>

Could be because so many democrats only believe what they get in their "daily spoon feeding?"

Steve

"Yet, you never held your "dearest leader" for being a part of the hate filled church of Jeremiah Wright for 20 years."

Hmmm. Truth vs truthyness? ROTFLMFAO!!!

hondo
09-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Steve, I could have sworn I was quoting Steve. ?????
You take Sally.
I'll take Sue.
Ain't no difference between the two. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
09-10-2010, 10:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve, I could have sworn I was quoting Steve. ?????
You take Sally.
I'll take Sue.
Ain't no difference between the two. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

The only thing they recognize as redundancy, is when we're listing documentation of Bush's disasters, and the mess that Bush, and Republican policies, have made of our country.

Their cute little accusations of "Spoon Fed" are exactly the same tactics used by the Repubican Party. Accuse the opposition of your own failures.

Hey, the charts prove who was drinking the Kool Aid....
Job losses were going through the roof the last years of Bush, with predictions from the entire economic community of a deep recession, slow to recover, IF WE WERE LUCKY, and could avoid the BUSH DEPRESSION!!!!while Republicans, and Libertarians assured us our money was best spent giving subsidies to the very corporate fascist pigs, who outsourced our jobs, and George Bush borrowed another 800 billion dollars to bail out our cronyism styled "Free Market!

The fact is he left us with two F-ed up wars, a crashed economy, huge job losees, more enemies, empowered threats, and a slew of unconstitutional disasters which couldn't be prosecuted because the most corrupt administration in history, destroyed the evidence, which was so inhumane, we can't even take the rist of exposing it to the rest o the world!!!!

Those are all just little the things, LOL....

Bush's Ownership Society, really meant that the top two percent were in line to own the whole country.

Any group of Middle Class people who can't even chart the growth of the Middle Class, and what they call socialism, to our former success for them in accessing The American Dream, to Unions, the G.I.Bill, unemployment insurance and Social Security, and medicare for our retired seniors, is just plain stupid.

The wrath of Republicans and Libertarians, is self destructive, and even in the face of their own failed policies, they promist us more if they get back in, more tax cuts, paid for with borrowed money, that most advantage the wealthies among us,

More WAR Mongering to benefit their beloved military industrial complex.

More hate speak, to divide us, more obstructionism to a recovery, more inequality among various sects of our country, more fear mongering, more debt, and more obstruction to scientific studies which coud save the lives of the ill, and more pharmaceutical/healthcare/oil corps., gouging of the middle class in our country, the old, the ill, and they down and out.

These are the folks who fired the only twelve expert Arab trasnlators from the CIA, because they were gay.

Bush was the president who left his vacation, to run back to Washington D.C. to interfere in a private family matter, on the basis of his religious views.

This is the party, of hate, that applauds and denies when their own radicals spit on African Americans, blows up clinics, burns qu'rans, for fame and money, even on the blood of our troops, and backs up a Republican effort to block food for hungry children, equipment for our troops, and a woman's right to sue a gang of rapests, working for Haliburton's folks, who kidnapped and gang raped her, while she was serving our country!!!!

These folks are beyond repulsive!

The only hope for America now is if the Republican Appointees to the Supreme Court, are outnumbered by Liberals...without that, the country will continue to be owned by fascists.

G.

pooltchr
09-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Obama would be proud of you. I heard his speech today where he blamed all his problems on Bush and the Republicans. He is nearing the end of his second year in office, a year in which he had enough Dems in congress to do anything he wanted to do, and yet the economy remains in the gutter.

You would think the "smartest president we ever had" would have been able to make some kind of headway in this time. Maybe, had he not wasted all his energy in the first year ramming through a healthcare destruction bill that nobody wanted, he might have actually been able to do something about the economy.

But then, he really doesn't seem to have any better grasp on economic concepts than you do, so I guess that just isn't going to happen.

Steve

pooltchr
09-10-2010, 11:01 AM
For your economic enlightenment...

Omama is the POTUS who spend the MOTIST!

Obama Added More to National Debt in First 19 Months Than All Presidents from Washington Through Reagan Combined, Says Gov’t Data
In the first 19 months of the Obama administration, the federal debt held by the public increased by $2.5260 trillion, which is more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010
By Terence P. Jeffrey
Obama campaigns

President Barack Obama speaks in Seattle as part of a cross-country campaign trip on Tuesday, August 17, 2010. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)
(CNSNews.com) - In the first 19 months of the Obama administration, the federal debt held by the public increased by $2.5260 trillion, which is more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan.

The U.S. Treasury Department divides the federal debt into two categories. One is “debt held by the public,” which includes U.S. government securities owned by individuals, corporations, state or local governments, foreign governments and other entities outside the federal government itself. The other is “intragovernmental” debt, which includes I.O.U.s the federal government gives to itself when, for example, the Treasury borrows money out of the Social Security “trust fund” to pay for expenses other than Social Security.

At the end of fiscal year 1989, which ended eight months after President Reagan left office, the total federal debt held by the public was $2.1907 trillion, according to the Congressional Budget Office. That means all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan had accumulated only that much publicly held debt on behalf of American taxpayers. That is $335.3 billion less than the $2.5260 trillion that was added to the federal debt held by the public just between Jan. 20, 2009, when President Obama was inaugurated, and Aug. 20, 2010, the 19-month anniversary of Obama's inauguration.

By contrast, President Reagan was sworn into office on Jan. 20, 1981 and left office eight years later on Jan. 20, 1989. At the end of fiscal 1980, four months before Reagan was inaugurated, the federal debt held by the public was $711.9 billion, according to CBO. At the end of fiscal 1989, eight months after Reagan left office, the federal debt held by the public was $2.1907 trillion. That means that in the nine-fiscal-year period of 1980-89--which included all of Reagan’s eight years in office--the federal debt held by the public increased $1.4788 trillion. That is in excess of a trillion dollars less than the $2.5260 increase in the debt held by the public during Obama’s first 19 months.

When President Barack Obama took the oath of office on Jan. 20, 2009, the total federal debt held by the public stood at 6.3073 trillion, according to the Bureau of the Public Debt, a division of the U.S. Treasury Department. As of Aug. 20, 2010, after the first nineteen months of President Obama’s 48-month term, the total federal debt held by the public had grown to a total of $8.8333 trillion, an increase of $2.5260 trillion.

In just the last four months (May through August), according to the CBO, the Obama administration has run cumulative deficits of $464 billion, more than the $458 billion deficit the Bush administration ran through the entirety of fiscal 2008.

The CBO predicted this week that the annual budget deficit for fiscal 2010, which ends on the last day of this month, will exceed $1.3 trillion.

The first two fiscal years in which Obama has served will see the two biggest federal deficits as a percentage of Gross Domestic Product since the end of World War II.

“CBO currently estimates that the deficit for 2010 will be about $70 billion below last year’s total but will still exceed $1.3 trillion,” said the CBO’s monthly budget review for September, which was released yesterday. “Relative to the size of the economy, this year’s deficit is expected to be the second-largest shortfall in the past 65 years: At 9.1 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), that deficit will be exceeded only by last year’s deficit of 9.9 percent of GDP.”

hondo
09-10-2010, 01:59 PM
A healthcare bill that no one wanted but the millions of working poor who had zero insurance.

hondo
09-10-2010, 02:00 PM
What's a "MOTIST"?

eg8r
09-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Well after all Obama's hard work watching Pelosi and Reid obliterate the opportunity to really do something great for our country, we are stuck with a healthcare bill we cannot afford and as you say, no one wants. Now that the bill is passed, I was wondering how the poor are doing in your neck of the woods? Are they all healthy now with drastic decreases in emergency room wait times?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Not only that, but millions of retires, seniors who cannot afford ultra expensive prescriptions, will benefit from the part of the HC bill that closes the doughnut hole for prescription drugs.

G.

pooltchr
09-10-2010, 08:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A healthcare bill that no one wanted but the millions of working poor who had zero insurance. </div></div>

I suspect they would have liked to have had something that would have provided AFFORDABLE healthcare. This bill does just the opposite...it will rais the cost of insurance.
Not only that, but if those poor people couldn't afford it before, they really aren't going to be able to afford it in 5 years. Of course, they will have to find a way to pay the fine for not having insurance if they can't afford to buy it.

Maybe if he had done something about the economy, and helping business create jobs, rather than saddle business with more government administration, and more taxes, those poor people you are so concerned about might have jobs and an income that would allow them to purchase insurance.

Unless the government is going to give away healthcare, which they can not do, they have just made things worse.

Of course, Obama was smart. None of this is going to happen until after his first term. And by then, it will be too late.

Your only recourse at that time will be to blame Bush!

Steve

hondo
09-11-2010, 06:00 AM
If you can show me one credible source that proves that folks who worked, had no insurance, and could not afford insurance,
will now be FORCED to buy insurance at a higher cost, I might
pay a little bit of attention to you.
Everything I have read says these folks will now have insurance
at no cost to their families.

And please don't direct me to one of LWW and your Right wing blogs.
And you provide the link, not LWW.
He has tried twice to give me a virus.

LWW
09-11-2010, 06:11 AM
I would suggest that you peruse the health care bill ... even though we all know that you won't.

LWW

pooltchr
09-11-2010, 07:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everything I have read says these folks will now have insurance

</div></div>

And before he was elected, there were people who thought Obama was going to pay their mortgages and buy cars for them as well.

Nothing of any value is free. Someone has to pay. Now if the cost of healthcare is diverted to the government, then the bill is going to cost the taxpayers a huge amount. If it is transfered to healthcare providers, they are either going to restrict access, or stop providing their services all together.

Think! How could what you claim to have read possibly be true??

If healthcare insurance is going to be provided for free to all those poor people, who will pay for it?????????????

Steve

hondo
09-11-2010, 08:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can show me one credible source that proves that folks who worked, had no insurance, and could not afford insurance,
will now be FORCED to buy insurance at a higher cost, I might
pay a little bit of attention to you.
Everything I have read says these folks will now have insurance

And please don't direct me to one of LWW and your Right wing blogs.
And you provide the link, not LWW.
He has tried twice to give me a virus. </div></div>

Bump for pooltchr.

pooltchr
09-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't know how credible this source would be considered, but it certainly suggests that there are a number of working poor who have no insurance, and the only reason I can fathom would be that they can't afford it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A healthcare bill that no one wanted but the millions of working poor who had zero insurance. </div></div>

Steve

LWW
09-12-2010, 03:58 AM
I bet that hurt.

LWW

Qtec
09-12-2010, 04:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well after all Obama's hard work watching <u>Pelosi and Reid obliterate the opportunity to really do something great for our country, </u></div></div>

Yeah rrrrrrrright!

The GOP did not participate in good faith. Obama made the mistake of thinking the GOP would put the county's needs before their own self interest.

The present HC Bill goes nowhere near what the Dem/Left had envisioned.
The HC industry STILL has a monopoly and this is shown in the new increases they have forced on those who need HC insurance.
Wall St reform is a joke and people are paying 19% interest on their overdrafts when the banks lend that same money at 0.5%!

The GOP have succeded in watering down essential reforms to the point that they are a victory for the special interests. They have chosen, as always, the elite over Joe six-pack.
Nothing new.

Q

Q

Sev
09-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Obama stated the other day that they never said the health care bill would not cost the American people more money.
I saw the clip on CNN.

This guy is some piece of work.

Gayle in MD
09-12-2010, 06:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well after all Obama's hard work watching <u>Pelosi and Reid obliterate the opportunity to really do something great for our country, </u></div></div>

Yeah rrrrrrrright!

The GOP did not participate in good faith. Obama made the mistake of thinking the GOP would put the county's needs before their own self interest.

The present HC Bill goes nowhere near what the Dem/Left had envisioned.
The HC industry STILL has a monopoly and this is shown in the new increases they have forced on those who need HC insurance.
Wall St reform is a joke and people are paying 19% interest on their overdrafts when the banks lend that same money at 0.5%!

The GOP have succeded in watering down essential reforms to the point that they are a victory for the special interests. They have chosen, as always, the elite over Joe six-pack.
Nothing new.

Q

Q </div></div>

We'll be so much better off with the folks who broke the earmark record when they had control.

Oh, and Boehner, who handed out pay off checks from the tobacco industry, to Republicans, right on the Senate floor, and was subsidzed for his %67,000 hotel bill in Naples, Florida, just recently, just one of his "Legislative" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif golfing, drinking, binges which are legendary.

Send them some money folks, so that Steele can languish in the Pacific, drinking and partying his way to fame, fortune and the right contacts to provide him and his woman raping brother-in-law with more crooks to do business with later on.....

Republicans were blowing our money on Iraq's infrastructure, while our own was crumbling.

At the end of Bush, we were losing 750,000 jobs a month, bailing out crooks on Wall Street, and calling hungry kids, food challenged.

We're still paying for Bush's Republicans supported spending spree, and Cheney's no bid contracting for his cronies, as Repubs are touting Bush's surge, without any reference to how many of our soldiers were coming home blown to pieces, because Republican Congress would not provide them with decent equipment to protect them on the battlefield, or provide them a place without rats and roaches as bedmates in which to recover from massive brains injuries, compliments of the spendoholic Republican majority, who was racking up the bucks from pay offs of war profiteeriing pigs...

Great bunch of legislators, those Repiglicans, who spent the country into disaster, corrupted the entire Federal Government, and burnt up all the evidence on their treason, in Dick Cheney's office..

G.

pooltchr
09-12-2010, 07:06 AM
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>But Bush....</span>

Don't you ever get tired of whining?????????
Talk about sore losers!!!!

At the end of Obama's term, he will have outspent RR, both Bush's, and Clinton combined...and you will still be crying about Bush.

That dog don't hunt!

Steve

Qtec
09-12-2010, 08:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> he will have outspent RR, both Bush's, and Clinton combined. </div></div>

Why is he spending? There must be a reason.

Q

hondo
09-12-2010, 09:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> he will have outspent RR, both Bush's, and Clinton combined. </div></div>

Q </div></div>

Please, Q, we don't want to confuse them.

pooltchr
09-12-2010, 10:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q </div></div>

My first reaction was to just say it's because he is a Democrat, and that is what they do.

But Obama is a special case. He believes our country is too rich and too powerful, and that we need to be on a more level footing with the rest of the world. And since we can't bring them up to our level, the only choice would be to drag us down to theirs.

He never said he wanted to change our country for the better. He just said he wanted to fundamentally change the country. Spending us into bankruptcy will certainly accomplish that.

But honestly, I can't begin to explain his actions. Very little that he has done makes any sense at all. I don't know if he is stupid, or evil. What I do know is that he is not doing anything to make our country better or stronger.

I do wonder why.

Steve

eg8r
09-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Yep and his reason is that he wants to make sure that he secures votes for the Dems for ever. His insane healthcare bill is not going to help anyone and is raising our taxes. Even the poor and middle class cannot escape these new taxes.

eg8r

LWW
09-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Why don't you tell us the answer.

LWW