PDA

View Full Version : Burning Bibles is just fine

pooltchr
09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Interesting that the same administration that ordered the burning of Christian Bibles is so outspoked against someone burning the muslim bible.

Once again, Obama gives his full support to muslims, but not his own (according to him) faith.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/20/us.military.bibles.burned/index.html

Steve

Sev
09-08-2010, 07:05 PM
SO where is the outrage?????

OH my. Christians are rampaging though the streets with suicide vests!!!!

OH the horror. OH the horror!!!!!

llotter
09-08-2010, 07:16 PM
In muslim countries, the burning of bible is only incidental to the burning of the church full of people.

Sev
09-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Got to love the defenders of terrorists.

LWW
09-09-2010, 02:31 AM
And they are legion.

LWW

hondo
09-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Larry in VA...James Kopp, A real Hero and martyr

I do agree that MOST of us in the U.S. are more civilised than that.

hondo
09-09-2010, 07:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got to love the defenders of terrorists. </div></div>

The general says these actions are putting the troops in harms way.
So, those who fear that might be true are "defenders of terrorists" ?

Sorry. Just trying to comprehend the way you neo-cons, oops, Libertarians (my bad), think. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
09-09-2010, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got to love the defenders of terrorists. </div></div>

So, those who fear that might be true are "defenders of terrorists" ?

Sorry. Just trying to comprehend the way you neo-cons, oops, Libertarians (my bad), think. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif
</div></div>

The accurate description is "convoluted."

They are a colossal waste of time! So out of touch, their blather is irrelevant.

They couldn't win a debate in pre-school.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
09-09-2010, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Interesting that we are being told that we should not allow this to happen for fear of violence from the radical muslim community.
We are also being told that we shouldn't require the NYC mosque to be moved, for fear of violence from the radical muslim community.

I guess we should make all of our decisions based on whether or not it might provoke the radical muslim community to commit an act of violence against us.

I guess the muslims have actually won. We will bow to whatever they wish, because we are afraid they will hurt us if we don't!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

hondo
09-09-2010, 11:54 AM
As I have stated on a number of occasions, I am against the mosque.

Burning Korans is just a hateful action.

Let's say in retaliation 20 American lives are lost.
Is that an acceptable number to make a point?
Too many?
15?
10?
5?
How about one? Maybe your nephew serving overseas?
Or your Aunt Bertha on vacation is beheaded?

Would you puff out your chest and be proud that the
sacrifice was made so that a few "Christian" radicals could make their point that they hate Islam?

stevie, I'm not saying suppress them.
I'm just looking at the ignorance and futility of the act and the possible consequences.
Surely, you can understand that???

Deeman3
09-09-2010, 12:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I have stated on a number of occasions, I am against the mosque.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I agree. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I agree here as well. It gains nothing and risks our citizens. If I burn a Koran, I am not only insulting the radicals but the ones who do not support them.

If I burn a bible, I am not only insulting the crazy funsmentalists but every Christian anywhere. Again, why do this?</span>

Too many?
15?
10?
5?

<span style="color: #FF0000">One is too many just for a small church to look relavent in the argument. </span>

sacrifice was made so that a few "Christian" radicals could make their point that they hate Islam?

I'm just looking at the ignorance and futility of the act and the possible consequences.
Surely, you can understand that??? </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> If we spent this much effort and time on just killing more radial Muslims and I think Obama is killing them at a much better rate than even Bush did, we could forget the petty politics of using religous symbols to incite people.

If they want to burn these in the privacy of thier church with no dramatic press coverage, let them do so. Of course, this would not make the preacher media sensations which is all they really want. </span>

eg8r
09-09-2010, 12:32 PM
To be honest this Pastor has received more than he ever could. If we listen to all the "experts" we would be lead to believe that this man holds the actions all extremist Muslims in the palm of his hand. He should just make a press conference and call it off while reminding the extremists they are no more than putty in his hands.

eg8r

pooltchr
09-09-2010, 01:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I have stated on a number of occasions, I am against the mosque.

<span style="color: #FF0000">agreed, as I have already stated. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Agreed</span>

Too many?
15?
10?
5?
<span style="color: #FF0000">There is no acceptable number. But at the same time, if someone already wants to kill Americans, and we stop this action in Florida, they will just find another excuse. They killed 3000 of us before anyone ever heard of this idiot in Florida. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">No. I'm just pointing out the hypocracy involved here. On one hand, Obama comes out against a church in Florida doing something that might offend muslims, when not so long ago, he came out in support of muslims doing something that offends 70% of Americans
Both are doing virtually the same thing. They are making a stand that, while perhaps legal, serves on purpose other than to inflame the passion of those they disagree with. </span>

Surely, you can understand that??? </div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000">honduh, I understand that there are consequences associated with both actions. In my opinion, there is little to be gained and much to be lost in both cases. There is no law against being stupid.

Now, how do you justify Obama supporting the mosque, even though it will surely offend Americans, but not supporting a church for doing something that will surely offend muslims? The only thing consistent in this seems to be that he supports the muslim stand in both cases.
And further, wouldn't the so called "separation of church and state" suggest that the President not even become involved in either issue???

Steve </span>

hondo
09-09-2010, 03:39 PM
"honduh" agrees, little stevie. Obama should butt out. Happy?

I wonder what the great George W. Bush would have done if given the exact 2 same scenarios?
What do you think?

hondo
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Excellent post, Dee.

hondo
09-09-2010, 03:43 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
stevie, I re-read your post. While you appear to be agreeing with Dee and me for the most part, I find this statement troubling:
"There is no acceptable number. But at the same time, if someone already wants to kill Americans, and we stop this action in Florida, they will just find another excuse. They killed 3000 of us before anyone ever heard of this idiot in Florida."

You follow that up with yet another scathing indictment of Obama.

So, in effect,you skirt around the point I was making.
One little church's hate can have dire consequences.

I compare your response to Dee's and can definitely see why you and I are so far apart on practically everything.
Your way of thinking is pretty alien to me.

pooltchr
09-09-2010, 06:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One little church's hate can have dire consequences.

</div></div>

I heard on the news today that the iman is saying that the actions of this little church is going to be viewed in the muslim community as proof that Americans are all anti-muslim.

Of course, when a small group of radical muslims flew jets into skyscrapers, their thing was that we shouldn't condemn the entire religion for the actions of a few.

Isn't that exactly what he is suggesting the muslims will do?????

The point is really simple. If someone has made up their mind that they want to do you harm, they will find any reason/excuse to do so. If it's not a little church in Florida, it will be a newspaper printing cartoons of muhamud, or something else that they can claim they find offensive.

Let's consider the reverse. Now that the preacher has announced there will be no book burning, do you think all those muslims are now going to like us better???????

Steve

hondo
09-09-2010, 07:01 PM
So what are we debating about now, Steve?
Are you still saying this it is okay for
Jones to burn the Korans because people are going to die anyway?

Are you still harping on the Mosque? HELLO! I agree with you.

Are you saying that the terrorists are still going to hate us no matter what Jones does? Again, I agree.

What is it exactly that you want from me?
Hell, I even agreed with you about Obama, but I noticed you ducked my question about what Bush would have done.

Sev
09-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Such a shame the preacher chickened out.

No new crusades this week.

hondo
09-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Yep, and who knows what good would have come of it?
Right, Sev?

All that alarmist talk about retaliation? Just BS, right, Sev?

And besides, who cares just as long as it wasn't one of our family? Right, Sev?

And even if it was one of family, at least they would have been beheaded for a good cause.
Allowing a few fundamentalists their Constitutional right to prove to the Muslim world that we can be as narrow-minded and hateful as them. Right, Sev?

Another strong, well thought out post, Sev.

hondo
09-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Enjoyed your debate with Memikey on AZ.
You sure showed him a thing or two about logic. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
09-09-2010, 08:41 PM
It doesn't matter what Bush would have done. He isn't president!

However, it was a nice attempt to completely sidetrack the thread.

If you want to ask stupid questions, start another thread.

And yes, I do enjoy debating the people on AZ....at least they stick to the topic, and don't resort to petty little insults and personal attacks. You should try it yourself!

By the way, did you read the thread where your name came up? It was used to demonstrate a certain level of incompetence of certain posters.

Nice to know what they think of you over there, isn't it?

Steve

hondo
09-10-2010, 04:42 AM
Translation: I imagine he would do the same thing but it doesn't further my agenda of bashing Obama so I'm going to duck your question and divert.

Similar to the way Mikey cut right through your BS and showed how petty you were being.
What was it he said? Something about your spin being the worst
he had ever seen on AZ.

You must be very proud.

As for Hondo bashing on AZ. What friends I had on there are gone.
If I am re-installed it's strictly pool and cues for me.
NPR is a viper pit there. A neo-con love fest.

Knowing you and the clan, I imagine you'll quote the viper pit and not the sticking to pool and cues comments.
That's what you do.

pooltchr
09-10-2010, 06:40 AM
Just as there are here, there are people over there with different views. The difference is, they act like adults over there.

There are a couple of wingnuts who just blindly support Obama, but they are usually just laughed at. When it comes to discussing actual issues, they have a rough time debating facts. But, as is the case here, the liberals are in a minority over there, and their numbers are rapidly shrinking.

Pretty much the same thing we see happening all across the country.

When the November elections are over, will you be ready to admit that the country does not like the way Obama and friends are destroying the country? Or will you just point fingers and blame conservatives for stealing more elections?

Face it. Obama is a failure as a president.

Steve

hondo
09-10-2010, 07:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just as there are here, there are people over there with different views. The difference is, they act like adults over there.

Steve </div></div>

One of the sharpest posters on AZ, Memikey, claims that you post the ABSOLUTE WORST spins he has ever seen on AZ NPR and then you post that!
And I wonder why you never make any sense and fail to grasp even my most obvious attemps at sarcasm? GEEZE LOUISE!

hondo
09-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Bush destroyed the country.
Obama is not allowed to fix it.

eg8r
09-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Why do you ignore the fact that the economy started going downhill when the Dems took control of Congress?

eg8r

pooltchr
09-10-2010, 07:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bush destroyed the country.
Obama is not allowed to fix it. </div></div>

Oh, I get it! NOW you are attempting humor!!!!!!!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Steve

hondo
09-10-2010, 01:54 PM
The economy started going downhill because Bush's dirty little war was draining us and he ignored the economy.
But, if it makes you feel better to blame one party, by all means, be my guest.

hondo
09-10-2010, 01:55 PM
No, stevie, you don't get it. You never did.

pooltchr
09-10-2010, 08:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, stevie, you don't get it. You never did. </div></div>

That's ok, honduh...if it's coming from you, I probably didn't want it anyway.

Steve

LWW
09-11-2010, 04:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The general says these actions are putting the troops in harms way.</div></div>

You mean the crazies might start shooting at them, using IEDs, and even homicide bombers?

LWW