PDA

View Full Version : Must See: "My Trip To alQaeda" HBO Doc.

Gayle in MD
09-09-2010, 07:45 AM
This is a "Must See" for every American!

http://technorati.com/entertainment/tv/article/hbo-films-presents-my-trip-to2/

Sid_Vicious
09-09-2010, 07:57 AM
When does this air again Gayle? sid

Gayle in MD
09-09-2010, 08:09 AM
2:45 - 4:15 pm Sunday, My time...est.

Chopstick
09-09-2010, 08:19 AM
What is this? Is Hanoi Jane at it again?

Deeman3
09-09-2010, 08:19 AM
I taped it and will watch it over the weekend.

Gayle in MD
09-09-2010, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is this? Is Hanoi Jane at it again? </div></div>

Did you go to the link, Chop?

Lawrence Wright is the author of The Looming Tower one of the most celebrated authors, of a history and birth of al Qaeda, and it's roots.

Next to a book by, Peter Lance, author of Tripple Cross: How Bin Laden's Master Spy Penetrated The CIA, the Green Berets, and the FBI-and Why Patrick Fitzgerald Failed To Stop Him and also author of 1000 Years for Revenge and Cover UP Lance's book is one of, if not two of the best books, (both mentioned above) on the birth of, and operations of al Qaeda and our own government's actions, and failures to act.

I've posted recomendations on both of these great boooks, before.

They are virtual handbooks on al Qaeda, 9/11, and it's history.

As far as I know, Jane Fonda is doing well, BTW.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I taped it and will watch it over the weekend. </div></div>

You will think it is a very good documentary, I believe.

I recorded it the first time it aired, and looking to watch it over several more times.

Let me know what you think...

G.

Deeman3
09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
I will. I look forward to anything that let's me learn more about the situation. There have abeen a few good ones on lately showing the origins of the situation in the Middle East. It is old history to many of us but lately they have had more from other's perspective.

Gayle in MD
09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will. I look forward to anything that let's me learn more about the situation. There have abeen a few good ones on lately showing the origins of the situation in the Middle East. It is old history to many of us but lately they have had more from other's perspective. </div></div>

Another good one, lately, was the four part series, "The Ascent of Money"

I'm still re-watching that one, it keeps putting me to sleep! But, it's really great! Got to turn it one time in the morning hours, probably before I run!

G.