PDA

View Full Version : More Good News On Jobs & Economy

Gayle in MD
09-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Initial Jobless Claims Fall 27,000 to 451,0000.

New Filings fall. Biggest drop in California.

Trade deficit narrows sharply in July.

American Exports up, American planes, computers....

U.S. Exports rise too highest level in nearly two years.

We're doing better on imports and exports.

I know my Liberal friends will be happy to see these good indicators!

G.

pooltchr
09-09-2010, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Initial Jobless Claims Fall 27,000 to 451,0000.

New Filings fall. Biggest drop in California.

</div></div>

When we start adding jobs, rather than losing jobs (27,000 new claims means that 27,000 people who had a job, no longer have one), I will feel like we are on the right track.

Steve

Deeman3
09-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Well, like Obama said, "This is the Summer of Recovery!" Now maybe everyone will stop talking about those pesky jobs!

Gayle in MD
09-09-2010, 11:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, like Obama said, "This is the Summer of Recovery!" Now maybe everyone will stop talking about those pesky jobs! </div></div>

Yeah, I hope so. They surely weren't subject to sarcasm when we were hemmoraging them by the over six hundred thousands a month, figures pre-Obama.

G. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

jimmyg
09-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Again someone is posting wishes instead of researched fact and/or truth.

Upon closer examination, the 451K print in initial jobless claims merely means that ever more people are being shifted over to extended benefits, which increased by 64.7K. And yes, anything over 400K means no job creation (private or census), contrary to whatever the DOL may want everyone to believe.

In addition, last weeks number was adjusted upward 6K, which is done on a weekly basis to make the original numbers look less bad, and this week seven states were "estimated" rather than factually reported, including California, which is huge. If you need to ask why, you shouldn't be discussing economics.

The truth is always the truth, why can't some people accept it? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

J