PDA

View Full Version : Repub Says, Repubs Pushed For Civil Violence!

Gayle in MD
09-13-2010, 07:28 AM
It isn't just their nutjobs, like Angle, GOP Continues to push for violence!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A surrogate for Nevada GOP Senate candidate Sharron Angle is saying that advocating "Second Amendment remedies" in order to effect political change is going too far and revealing that he was pressured to push such comments by some Republicans while running for the Senate.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>
What's perhaps more interesting is his admission that many people in the Republican Party were encouraging him to advocate a civil insurrection if Congress doesn't change hands. "I had people that were upset at me in the campaign that I wouldn't go as far to agree that there should be a civil uprising," he said, adding that there were "people in the Republican Party that, when I was campaigning, wanted me to go that far to say that." He was sure to add that he wasn't necessarily saying that Angle was calling for these extreme measures. </span>

</div></div>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/12...s_n_714011.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/12/sharron-angle-danny-tarkianian-second-amendment-remedies_n_714011.html)

pooltchr
09-13-2010, 08:50 AM
You do know that this country exists because a group of people started a civil uprising against an opressive government, don't you?

Who is to say that another one might not be just what we need to get things back under control again?

I'm not advocating a violent revolution, but somehow we have to get a message to Washington that the people matter more than the ruling class in DC.

Steve

LWW
09-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Have you ever read the following? Any clue who wrote it? Any idea where it originated?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government</span></div></div>

LWW