PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich Is A Disgrace! Still A POS LIAR!

Gayle in MD
09-13-2010, 07:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fueling the myth mongering that Barack Obama is not a natural-born U.S. citizen, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said in a recent interview that the president may follow a "Kenyan, anti-colonial" worldview.

Speaking to the National Review, Gingrich pointed to a recent Forbes article by conservative writer Dinesh D'Souza which attempted to trace the origins of Obama's personal and political philosophies.

"What if [Obama] is so outside our comprehension, that only if you understand Kenyan, anti-colonial behavior, can you begin to piece together [his actions]?" Gingrich asked. "That is the most accurate, predictive model for his behavior."

</div></div>

Gingrich is a pos!

Looks more and more like if you aren't pushing for violence in America, and spreading the lie of the day about the President, you can't be part of the Republican Campaign strategy.

Gingrich, of all people to point a finger at anyone, for anything, a proven lying hypocritical "ethics challenged," (the Republican styled minimizing styled politispeak, like Food Challanged for the word, HUNGRY) pig!

Republicans are proving their dangerous element is actually their whole party, and their party campaign strategy, not just a "Fringe," element, but the face of the Republican policies to come, more hate, lies and division, failed economic policies, and more subsidizing for the same sorps who outsourced our jobs.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Deeman3
09-13-2010, 08:39 AM
I don't see the hate you see in this. I like Gingrich and wish I had as much knowledge of our history. Yes, he had a little Bill Clinton in him with the ladies but that does not seem to be a disqualifier these days.

His observations on the Kenyan anti-colonial view does make sense as some of Obama's influence is certainly Kenyan. I think this is a bit of pretent outrage. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The new strategy, for lack of any real policy the American people will support, is to jump on any Republican who may have thoughts of leadership aspirations. After all, it worked (even if now backfiring) in attacking Palin and while making sure she never will be President, has thurned her into a vary dangerous opponent for Dems in elections for other offices.

The identification of everyone on the right as a radical fringe person is making it easy for those who apprear moderate to defeat long term entrenched liberal Democrats who everytone now sees as elitist and professional "public servants" who only enrich themselves and buy off the unions and special interest groups. The non-affliated voters are now the difference and with the exception of a few folks who are entrenced in the victim mentality politics, are making the upcoming election too easy for many new folks. People who used to want bi-partisan politics now just pray for gridlock to slow down the beast.

Newt will be a help in all this or at least guide those who are elected. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I like him more, the more the left hates him now.

pooltchr
09-13-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what exactly he said that would lead the author to start off attacking him for fueling the natural born debate. I saw nothing other than a commentary on Obama's world views...nothing about his birthplace.

Steve

jimmyg
09-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Very nice, sensible, rational, factual, civilized, open-minded, thoughtful, sane, reasonable, classy, title for a thread:
"Gingrich Is A Disgrace! Still A POS LIAR!". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Quote from George Santayana: "The irrational in the human has something about it altogether repulsive and terrible, as we see in the maniac, the miser, the drunkard or the ape.”

J

Chopstick
09-13-2010, 09:23 AM
That does raise a point I never thought of. He was raised in another country. I don't know a whole lot about that but I do know they take wealth distribution from America to the rest of the world very seriously.

eg8r
09-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Do you know anything about Kenyan, anti-Colonial behaviour or are you just ranting because he is not on your side? I don't know if he is correct or not, but it would make more sense to a sane person to at least try to understand what he is talking about before going off on an insane rant.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-13-2010, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see the hate you see in this. I like Gingrich and wish I had as much knowledge of our history. Yes, he had a little Bill Clinton in him with the ladies but that does not seem to be a disqualifier these days.

His observations on the Kenyan anti-colonial view does make sense as some of Obama's influence is certainly Kenyan. I think this is a bit of pretent outrage. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The new strategy, for lack of any real policy the American people will support, is to jump on any Republican who may have thoughts of leadership aspirations. After all, it worked (even if now backfiring) in attacking Palin and while making sure she never will be President, has thurned her into a vary dangerous opponent for Dems in elections for other offices.

The identification of everyone on the right as a radical fringe person is making it easy for those who apprear moderate to defeat long term entrenched liberal Democrats who everytone now sees as elitist and professional "public servants" who only enrich themselves and buy off the unions and special interest groups. The non-affliated voters are now the difference and with the exception of a few folks who are entrenced in the victim mentality politics, are making the upcoming election too easy for many new folks. People who used to want bi-partisan politics now just pray for gridlock to slow down the beast.

Newt will be a help in all this or at least guide those who are elected. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I like him more, the more the left hates him now. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Hilarious!

Deeman, I've learned to understand your humor.

Thanks for the laugh.

Love,
G.

pooltchr
09-13-2010, 10:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice, sensible, rational, factual, civilized, open-minded, thoughtful, sane, reasonable, classy, title for a thread:
"Gingrich Is A Disgrace! Still A POS LIAR!". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Quote from George Santayana: "The irrational in the human has something about it altogether repulsive and terrible, as we see in the maniac, the miser, the drunkard or the ape.”

J

</div></div>

Consider the source.

Steve

Gayle in MD
09-13-2010, 01:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That does raise a point I never thought of. He was raised in another country. I don't know a whole lot about that but I do know they take wealth distribution from America to the rest of the world very seriously. </div></div>

He was NOT raised in another country, as I'm sure you know, Chop.
He was born in Hawaii, and most of his young life, he was raised in Hawaii.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">life and career
Main article: Early life and career of Barack Obama
Obama was born August 4, 1961, at Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii.[5][6] His mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, was born in Wichita, Kansas, of mostly English, but also some German, descent.[7][8][9] His father, Barack Obama, Sr., was a Luo from Nyang’oma Kogelo, Nyanza Province, Kenya. Obama is the first President to have been born in Hawaii.[10][11] Obama's parents met in 1960 in a Russian language class at the University of Hawaii at Mānoa, where his father was a foreign student on scholarship.[12][13] The couple married on February 2, 1961,[14] but separated when Obama Sr. went to Harvard University on scholarship, and divorced in 1964.[13] Obama Sr. remarried and returned to Kenya, visiting Barack in Hawaii only once, in 1971. He died in an automobile accident in 1982.[15]

After her divorce, Dunham married Indonesian student Lolo Soetoro, who was attending college in Hawaii. When Suharto, a military leader in Soetoro's home country, came to power in 1967, all Indonesian students studying abroad were recalled, and the family moved to the Menteng neighborhood of Jakarta.[16][17] From ages six to ten, Obama attended local schools in Jakarta, including Besuki Public School and St. Francis of Assisi School.[18][19]

In 1971, Obama returned to Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents, Madelyn and Stanley Armour Dunham, and attended Punahou School, a private college preparatory school, from the fifth grade until his graduation from high school in 1979.[20] Obama's mother returned to Hawaii in 1972, remaining there until 1977 when she went back to Indonesia to work as an anthropological field worker. She finally returned to Hawaii in 1994 and lived there for one year, before dying of ovarian cancer.[21]

Barack Obama and half-sister Maya Soetoro, with their mother Ann Dunham and grandfather Stanley Dunham, in Hawaii (early 1970s)Of his early childhood, Obama recalled, "That my father looked nothing like the people around me—that he was black as pitch, my mother white as milk—barely registered in my mind."[22] He described his struggles as a young adult to reconcile social perceptions of his multiracial heritage.[23] Reflecting later on his formative years in Honolulu, Obama wrote: "The opportunity that Hawaii offered—to experience a variety of cultures in a climate of mutual respect—became an integral part of my world view, and a basis for the values that I hold most dear."[24]
</div></div>
He was born here, and most of his life, save four years, he was raised here.

Do you have any clue, BTW, how many American children of American Diplomats and foreign service dignitaries, actually are completely raised in other countries???? Many of them, in the Middle East?

Any idea of how many children of foreign diplomats are raised here?

IOW, it's a moot point. There really is no more uninformed statement that can be made, than this RW spin about President Obama, being of some other persuasion, than American.

It's absurd.

G.

Deeman3
09-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Now he's even lost Newweek, a journal unembarrassingly dedicated to selling him just a few months ago. It's like losing Cronkite!

One day in the winter of 2005, I was in a Senate hallway when the new guy from Illinois arrived for a vote. Sen. Barack Obama—pop-star charisma, limitless possibility—knew his own allure. Three years later, of course, the nation knew it, too. He won the presidency by the largest popular-vote margin since 1988, bringing with him the largest Democratic majorities in Congress since 1993.

But that was then. Obama’s approval rating is weak, and many Democrats now accept the conventional wisdom that they may lose the House, even the Senate, in November. Some reasons why were unavoidable. The messianic hope that Obama inspired was destined to dissipate almost as quickly as it arose. There are pendulum swings in politics; Democrats, having taken 55 Republican House seats the last two cycles, were bound to concede some. Most important, however, kitchen-table realities are as grim as, or worse than, when Obama took the oath. “Democrats are overextended in marginal districts, and the economy is still in bad shape,” says Democratic pollster Mark Mellman. “Those two factors are the only ones that really matter.” But aren’t there things Obama & Co. could have done differently? Election Day is still seven weeks away—but it’s not too early for a “pre-mortem”:

Obama misread his mandate. “Obama’s 2008 victory was a personal one,” says Bill Galston, an adviser to President Clinton. “It wasn’t a vote for a more expansive view of the role and reach of government.” The stimulus, on its own, wasn’t the problem. It was the thousands of easy-to-caricature pages of new legislation that came on top of it, all of which revived the Republicans’ “big government” narrative.

Obama—an overachiever, the guy who fills up a second blue book on the extra-credit question—tried to do it all. His chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, eager to please the new boss, declared before Inauguration Day: “Never allow a crisis to go to waste. There are opportunities to do big things.” But in doing big things, they failed to fully attend to (and be seen attending to) the immediate economic needs of the middle class. “There hasn’t been the laserlike focus on the economy there could have, and should have, been,” says a top Democratic strategist who declined to be named criticizing the White House.

Take health-care reform. Ten years hence, perhaps, it will be seen as the signal achievement of the Obama years. But for now, it’s an unpopular law that took a divisive year to enact, that liberals and conservatives loathe, that is full of bureaucratic and fiscal IEDs, and that drained attention from dealing with the economy. If you disagree, look at Obama’s speech last week in Cleveland. In 47 minutes, he mentioned health care for about 25 seconds.

Democrats Attempt to Reclaim the Offensive

NEWSWEEK's Howard Fineman discusses whether the state of the economy will create a huge Democratic loss during the midterm elections.
Obama misread the clock. Obama was warned before the election that Republicans would try to slow-walk his every nominee, but he never figured out a way around the problem. The administration was slow to staff up, which hampered everything, especially the impact of the stimulus. “Shovel ready” projects identified in the spring of 2009 are often still “unshoveled” because officials aren’t in place to approve them, says Norman Ornstein of the American Enterprise Institute. “The fact is,” he says, “Obama never really ran anything, even legislatively.” Neither has his closest adviser, message guru David Axelrod.

pooltchr
09-13-2010, 03:20 PM
IOW, people are beginning to see the same thing many of us recognized 2 years ago...the fact that Obama lacked the experience needed to be an effective leader of the country.

It is a lesson learned....and hopefully, remembered!

Steve

Gayle in MD
09-13-2010, 03:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now he's even lost Newweek, a journal unembarrassingly dedicated to selling him just a few months ago. It's like losing Cronkite!

One day in the winter of 2005, I was in a Senate hallway when the new guy from Illinois arrived for a vote. Sen. Barack Obama—pop-star charisma, limitless possibility—knew his own allure. Three years later, of course, the nation knew it, too. He won the presidency by the largest popular-vote margin since 1988, bringing with him the largest Democratic majorities in Congress since 1993.

But that was then. Obama’s approval rating is weak, and many Democrats now accept the conventional wisdom that they may lose the House, even the Senate, in November. Some reasons why were unavoidable. The messianic hope that Obama inspired was destined to dissipate almost as quickly as it arose. There are pendulum swings in politics; Democrats, having taken 55 Republican House seats the last two cycles, were bound to concede some. Most important, however, kitchen-table realities are as grim as, or worse than, when Obama took the oath. “Democrats are overextended in marginal districts, and the economy is still in bad shape,” says Democratic pollster Mark Mellman. “Those two factors are the only ones that really matter.” But aren’t there things Obama & Co. could have done differently? Election Day is still seven weeks away—but it’s not too early for a “pre-mortem”:

Obama misread his mandate. “Obama’s 2008 victory was a personal one,” says Bill Galston, an adviser to President Clinton. “It wasn’t a vote for a more expansive view of the role and reach of government.” The stimulus, on its own, wasn’t the problem. It was the thousands of easy-to-caricature pages of new legislation that came on top of it, all of which revived the Republicans’ “big government” narrative.

Obama—an overachiever, the guy who fills up a second blue book on the extra-credit question—tried to do it all. His chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, eager to please the new boss, declared before Inauguration Day: “Never allow a crisis to go to waste. There are opportunities to do big things.” But in doing big things, they failed to fully attend to (and be seen attending to) the immediate economic needs of the middle class. “There hasn’t been the laserlike focus on the economy there could have, and should have, been,” says a top Democratic strategist who declined to be named criticizing the White House.

Take health-care reform. Ten years hence, perhaps, it will be seen as the signal achievement of the Obama years. But for now, it’s an unpopular law that took a divisive year to enact, that liberals and conservatives loathe, that is full of bureaucratic and fiscal IEDs, and that drained attention from dealing with the economy. If you disagree, look at Obama’s speech last week in Cleveland. In 47 minutes, he mentioned health care for about 25 seconds.

Democrats Attempt to Reclaim the Offensive

NEWSWEEK's Howard Fineman discusses whether the state of the economy will create a huge Democratic loss during the midterm elections.
Obama misread the clock. Obama was warned before the election that Republicans would try to slow-walk his every nominee, but he never figured out a way around the problem. The administration was slow to staff up, which hampered everything, especially the impact of the stimulus. “Shovel ready” projects identified in the spring of 2009 are often still “unshoveled” because officials aren’t in place to approve them, says Norman Ornstein of the American Enterprise Institute. “The fact is,” he says, “Obama never really ran anything, even legislatively.” Neither has his closest adviser, message guru David Axelrod.

</div></div>

I can't even figure out who wrote what in this post of yours.

In fact, what is your point?

This thread is about Newt Ginrgrich's Disgraceful, slanderous lies.

Am I supposed to care about what the American Enterprise Institute thinks?

The article in Forbes, for example, that launched this latest ridiculous "Kenyan" attack, by Dinishta Sousta, or however he spells his name, in then decidedly RW Forbes Magazine, is a joke. It's been proven to be full of BS.

The entire accusation of Obama being influenced by Kenya, is a joke, and a lie. If you had actually ever researched anything about him, you'd know that.

Gingrich is always yapping and accusing everybody else of racism. He did the same thing to Shirley Sharrod, and we know how that ended up, just another Republican LIE.

I'm hearing both left, and right, bashing Gingrich for his wierd and disgraceful allegations against President Obama. The Republicans can't stand us having a Democratic president, with an uplifting American philosophy of American Exceptionalism, which inspired the entire world.

Have you even read his biography? Republicans are attacking it because they know that it is the essence of the American spirit.

Join on in, Deeman, with all of the filthy slander... Just tell me why CEO's in this country have expanded their Piece of the pie from corporate profits at such a criminally higher rate, than when America was on the upswing, and had a growing Middle class....justify for me, please, how the CEO's take, has increased, at criminal levels, compared to that of the employees, compared to the days when most Americans COULD get by, if they worked hard, before the Republican created slave market here in America.

Then tell me how you'd have loved you town, with no teachers, no policement and no firemen!

Do you know the statistice on what percentage of the profits the top CEo's take, compared to their extremely productive employees, the humping Middle Class, and the poor, who are out producing historical levels. For WHAT???? So that CEO;s can buy $17,000.00 dresses for their daughters? So they can defunct the entire corporation, cheat the employee held stock, and other sotkholders, and walk away with multi millions in bonuses?

What society will move forward when the top one percent, owns over ninety percent of the wealth.

You refuse to address it, over and over again.

Don't try to distract with the usual radical RW lies.

Howard Finemann has never been a blank check, for this president, nor for Democratics, and in fact, he was indignant over Gingrish's comments, regardless.

Neither has Newsweek been in the back pockets of Democratics.

Do you read or watch anything but Fox, and Murdoch's other propaganda, or Forbes, the most RW financial journalism around?

I just heard today, that forty percent of Republicans watch ONLY fox for their news.

That explains everything.

G.

Deeman3
09-13-2010, 03:59 PM
I said in the first sentence that this was a Newsweek article. I even read MSNBC and Huffington Post every day. No, I do not listen only to Fox. I often listen to NPR ands other fantasy league programming. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
09-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Without any quotes, how can I tell where you end, and Newsweek begins? Then there was some mention of the American Enterprise Institute, Fineman, Johnathon Alter, ....jeeze, even Walter Chronkite got in on the act. He is dead, isn't he?! LOL...

J.C.

G.

pooltchr
09-13-2010, 06:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ....jeeze, even Walter Chronkite got in on the act. He is dead, isn't he?! LOL...

J.C.

G.

</div></div>

Yes, he is dead. Why does that make you laugh out loud??

Steve

Stretch
09-14-2010, 02:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ....jeeze, even Walter Chronkite got in on the act. He is dead, isn't he?! LOL...

J.C.

G.

</div></div>

Steve </div></div>

You just can't resist. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif St.

hondo
09-14-2010, 04:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ....jeeze, even Walter Chronkite got in on the act. He is dead, isn't he?! LOL...

J.C.

G.

</div></div>

Steve </div></div>

You just can't resist. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif St. </div></div>

Stretch, I am trying to program myself to try and not respond directly to his ignorant little comebacks.
It's very liberating.

LWW
09-14-2010, 04:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That does raise a point I never thought of. He was raised in another country. I don't know a whole lot about that but I do know they take wealth distribution from America to the rest of the world very seriously. </div></div>

He was NOT raised in another country, as I'm sure you know, Chop.
He was born in Hawaii, and most of his young life, he was raised in Hawaii.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">life and career
Main article: Early life and career of Barack Obama
Obama was born August 4, 1961, at Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii.[5][6] His mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, was born in Wichita, Kansas, of mostly English, but also some German, descent.[7][8][9] His father, Barack Obama, Sr., was a Luo from Nyang’oma Kogelo, Nyanza Province, Kenya. Obama is the first President to have been born in Hawaii.[10][11] Obama's parents met in 1960 in a Russian language class at the University of Hawaii at Mānoa, where his father was a foreign student on scholarship.[12][13] The couple married on February 2, 1961,[14] but separated when Obama Sr. went to Harvard University on scholarship, and divorced in 1964.[13] Obama Sr. remarried and returned to Kenya, visiting Barack in Hawaii only once, in 1971. He died in an automobile accident in 1982.[15]

After her divorce, Dunham married Indonesian student Lolo Soetoro, who was attending college in Hawaii. When Suharto, a military leader in Soetoro's home country, came to power in 1967, all Indonesian students studying abroad were recalled, and the family moved to the Menteng neighborhood of Jakarta.[16][17] From ages six to ten, Obama attended local schools in Jakarta, including Besuki Public School and St. Francis of Assisi School.[18][19]

In 1971, Obama returned to Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents, Madelyn and Stanley Armour Dunham, and attended Punahou School, a private college preparatory school, from the fifth grade until his graduation from high school in 1979.[20] Obama's mother returned to Hawaii in 1972, remaining there until 1977 when she went back to Indonesia to work as an anthropological field worker. She finally returned to Hawaii in 1994 and lived there for one year, before dying of ovarian cancer.[21]

Barack Obama and half-sister Maya Soetoro, with their mother Ann Dunham and grandfather Stanley Dunham, in Hawaii (early 1970s)Of his early childhood, Obama recalled, "That my father looked nothing like the people around me—that he was black as pitch, my mother white as milk—barely registered in my mind."[22] He described his struggles as a young adult to reconcile social perceptions of his multiracial heritage.[23] Reflecting later on his formative years in Honolulu, Obama wrote: "The opportunity that Hawaii offered—to experience a variety of cultures in a climate of mutual respect—became an integral part of my world view, and a basis for the values that I hold most dear."[24]
</div></div>

Do you have any clue, BTW, how many American children of American Diplomats and foreign service dignitaries, actually are completely raised in other countries???? Many of them, in the Middle East?

IOW, it's a moot point. There really is no more uninformed statement that can be made, than this RW spin about President Obama, being of some other persuasion, than American.

It's absurd.

G. </div></div>

According to your own link he spent grades one through five in Indonesia ... proof again that you either don't read or don't comprehend the stuff you post.

LWW

Gayle in MD
09-14-2010, 08:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I said in the first sentence that this was a Newsweek article. I even read MSNBC and Huffington Post every day. No, I do not listen only to Fox. I often listen to NPR ands other fantasy league programming. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Join on in, Deeman, with all of the filthy slander... Just tell me why CEO's in this country have expanded their Piece of the pie from corporate profits at such a criminally higher rate, than when America was on the upswing, and had a growing Middle class....justify for me, please, how the CEO's take, has increased, at criminal levels, compared to that of the employees, compared to the days when most Americans COULD get by, if they worked hard, before the Republican created slave market here in America.

Then tell me how you'd have loved you town, with no teachers, no policement and no firemen!

Do you know the statistice on what percentage of the profits the top CEo's take, compared to their extremely productive employees, the humping Middle Class, and the poor, who are out producing historical levels. For WHAT???? So that CEO;s can buy $17,000.00 dresses for their daughters? So they can defunct the entire corporation, cheat the employee held stock, and other sotkholders, and walk away with multi millions in bonuses?

What society will move forward when the top one percent, owns over ninety percent of the wealth.

</div></div>

Chopstick
09-14-2010, 09:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #000099">That is 30% of growing up years.</span>

<span style="color: #000099">Do you? I know a few of them.</span>

It's absurd.

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">It seems to me that you did not read the article and do not understand what this whole point is about. You should take the time to read it. It explains Obama's behavior better than anything I have heard so far. Mr Gingrich is correct in his assessment.

How Obama Thinks. (http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/0927/politics-socialism-capitalism-private-enterprises-obama-business-problem.html)
</span>

Gayle in MD
09-14-2010, 10:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #000099">That is 30% of growing up years.</span>

<span style="color: #000099">Do you? I know a few of them.</span>

It's absurd.

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">It seems to me that you did not read the article and do not understand what this whole point is about. You should take the time to read it. It explains Obama's behavior better than anything I have heard so far. Mr Gingrich is correct in his assessment.

How Obama Thinks. (http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/0927/politics-socialism-capitalism-private-enterprises-obama-business-problem.html)
</span> </div></div>

You're quite wrong, chop, I have the same opinion as quite a large number of Republican strategists, and former Republicans, like Joe Scarborough, and a number or Republican journalists.

I know of atleast pulitzer prize winning journalists, who intepret the statements made by Gingrich the exact same way as I do.

Newt gingrich has a history of radical and racist remarks, not to mention, his disgusting behavior, lying his tail off to two or three wives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Gingrich has a history of making bigoted and offensive statements
Gingrich compares Islamic center to Nazis erecting a sign near Holocaust Museum and to a Japanese site near Pearl Harbor. On the August 16 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends, Newt Gingrich said, "Nazis don't have the right to put up a sign next to the Holocaust Museum in Washington. We would never accept the Japanese putting up a site next to Pearl Harbor. There's no reason for us to accept a mosque next to the World Trade Center."

Gingrich smears Sotomayor as a "racist." ABC's Jake Tapper and Huma Khan reported on May 27, 2009, that Gingrich had written on Twitter: "Imagine a judicial nominee said 'my experience as a white man makes me better than a Latina woman' new racism is no better than old racism" and "White man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw. Latina woman racist should also withdraw." Gingrich later said that he didn't know whether Sotomayor herself was a racist, but her quote about a wise Latina was "clearly racist."

Gingrich: Bilingual education teaches "the language of living in a ghetto." An April 1, 2007, Associated Press article reported that Gingrich described bilingual education as teaching "the language of living in a ghetto" and mocked requirements that ballots be printed in multiple languages:

"The government should quit mandating that various documents be printed in any one of 700 languages depending on who randomly shows up" to vote, Gingrich said. The former Georgia congressman, who is considering seeking the GOP presidential nomination in 2008, made the comments in a speech to the National Federation of Republican Women.

"The American people believe English should be the official language of the government. . . . We should replace bilingual education with immersion in English so people learn the common language of the country and they learn the language of prosperity, not the language of living in a ghetto," Gingrich said, drawing cheers from the crowd of more than 100.

"Citizenship requires passing a test on American history in English. If that's true, then we do not have to create ballots in any language except English," he said.

The AP article further reported that in 1995 Gingrich said that bilingualism poses "long-term dangers to the fabric of our nation" and that "allowing bilingualism to continue to grow is very dangerous."

Gingrich: Poor blacks fail to acquire wealth partly because of their "habits." A June 16, 1995, Washington Post article reported that Gingrich, in a discussion with black journalists, stated that the failure of poor black people to acquire wealth was in part due to their "habits." From the Post article:

He acknowledged that it was more "difficult to acquire wealth as a black in America," but added that more than skin color is at play. "The truth is that preachers and lawyers have been more dominant in the black culture in the last 40 years than have business people," said Gingrich. "The habits of the church and the habits of the lawsuit have been more powerful than the habits of acquisition and the habits of job creation."

[...]

Asked what he would tell a black child who grew up with the notion of the United States as a colorblind nation, Gingrich said he'd respond: "We're not colorblind. I'd say it's a lie to walk into a school in America and say, 'This is a colorblind society.' And we shouldn't lie to children."

Pressed on what he would tell children who wondered what their opportunities were, Gingrich said his answer would be: "If you're black you have to work harder, and if you're black and poor you have to work twice as hard."

Gingrich, who has been intimately involved in District affairs, also was asked to respond to the suspicions of some residents that Republican interest in the city is part of a "conspiracy to boot out the black-run government" and "roust out" poor blacks.

"I understand the fear," he said. "What I want to do is transform Anacostia so the people currently living there are able to participate in the transformation so that five or 10 years from now they have new habits. Let me be very clear about this: I'm prepared to say to the poor, 'You have to learn new habits. The habits of being poor don't work. So yes, you've got to change.' "

Gingrich on women in combat: Women would have trouble staying in ditches "because they get infections;" "males are biologically driven to go out and hunt giraffes." A January 19, 1995, New York Times article reported on concerns about women in military combat roles that Gingrich had raised while teaching a history course at Georgia's Reinhardt College. The Times reported that Gingrich told his students that "females have biological problems staying in a ditch for 30 days because they get infections, and they don't have upper body strength," and added that men "are basically little piglets; you drop them in a ditch, they roll around in it."

Gingrich reportedly further said that if being in combat "means being on an Aegis class cruiser managing the computer controls for 12 ships and their rockets, a female again may be dramatically better than a male who gets very, very frustrated sitting in a chair all the time because males are biologically driven to go out and hunt giraffes."

Gingrich proposes denying welfare benefits to young mothers and instead using funds to establish orphanages. A December 11, 1994, New York Times article reported: "Mr. Gingrich ... has proposed that money saved by denying welfare benefits to young mothers be used to provided services to children, including promoting adoptions and establishing orphanages or group homes." Gingrich's proposal was included in his "Contract with America" under "The Personal Responsibility Act," which proposed to "[d]iscourage illegitimacy and teen pregnancy by prohibiting welfare to minor mothers and denying increased AFDC [Aid to Families with Dependent Children] for additional children while on welfare, cut spending for welfare programs, and enact a tough two-years-and-out provision with work requirements to promote individual responsibility."

According to the Contract's description of the proposal, "The state will use the funds for programs to reduce out-of-wedlock pregnancies, to promote adoption, to establish and operate orphanages, to establish and operate residential group homes for unwed mothers, or for any purpose the state deems appropriate."

Gingrich: "[T]here is a gay and secular fascism in this country that wants to impose its will on the rest of us." On the November 14, 2008, edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, Gingrich stated of Proposition 8 protestors: "I think there is a gay and secular fascism in this country that wants to impose its will on the rest of us, is prepared to use violence, to use harassment. I think it is prepared to use the government if it can get control of it. I think that it is a very dangerous threat to anybody who believes in traditional religion." Gingrich also stated: "[W]hen the radicals lost the vote in California, they are determined to impose their will on this country no matter what the popular opinion, no matter what the law of the land."

Gingrich: It's time to "profile" and "actively discriminate based on suspicious terrorist information." In a December 30, 2009, HumanEvents.com op-ed headlined "On Terrorism it's Time to Know, to Profile, and to Discriminate," Gingrich wrote that "our politically correct government" is not "targeting the source of threats." He added: "We know how to identify these enemies but our elites have refused to do so." Gingrich later wrote: "It is time to know more about would-be terrorists, to profile for terrorists and to actively discriminate based on suspicious terrorist information."
</div></div>

He has ZERO rsspect, and was called out for his remarks by a slew of conservatives.

They were outrageous, racists, and slanderous.

G.

bamadog
09-14-2010, 10:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I can't even figure out who wrote what in this post of yours.

In fact, what is your point?

This thread is about Newt Ginrgrich's Disgraceful, slanderous lies.

Am I supposed to care about what the American Enterprise Institute thinks?

The article in Forbes, for example, that launched this latest ridiculous "Kenyan" attack, by Dinishta Sousta, or however he spells his name, in then decidedly RW Forbes Magazine, is a joke. It's been proven to be full of BS.

The entire accusation of Obama being influenced by Kenya, is a joke, and a lie. If you had actually ever researched anything about him, you'd know that.

Gingrich is always yapping and accusing everybody else of racism. He did the same thing to Shirley Sharrod, and we know how that ended up, just another Republican LIE.

I'm hearing both left, and right, bashing Gingrich for his wierd and disgraceful allegations against President Obama. The Republicans can't stand us having a Democratic president, with an uplifting American philosophy of American Exceptionalism, which inspired the entire world.

Have you even read his biography? Republicans are attacking it because they know that it is the essence of the American spirit.

Join on in, Deeman, with all of the filthy slander... Just tell me why CEO's in this country have expanded their Piece of the pie from corporate profits at such a criminally higher rate, than when America was on the upswing, and had a growing Middle class....justify for me, please, how the CEO's take, has increased, at criminal levels, compared to that of the employees, compared to the days when most Americans COULD get by, if they worked hard, before the Republican created slave market here in America.

Don't try to distract with the usual radical RW lies.

Howard Finemann has never been a blank check, for this president, nor for Democratics, and in fact, he was indignant over Gingrish's comments, regardless.

Neither has Newsweek been in the back pockets of Democratics.

Do you read or watch anything but Fox, and Murdoch's other propaganda, or Forbes, the most RW financial journalism around?

I just heard today, that forty percent of Republicans watch ONLY fox for their news.

That explains everything.

G. </div></div>

Why not just post the video from Chris Matthews show last night?
You've basically regurgitated the whole thing here.

D'Souza got Obama right.
Look at his history as a a community organizer and acolyte of Alinsky.
If you had ever read "Dreams From My Father" you would know that
Obama experienced a watershed moment in Kenya.
He says so himself.
You libs are foaming at the mouth because even you can see the truth
in D'Souza's analysis.

You said, Obama is a "Democratic president, with an uplifting American philosophy of American Exceptionalism, which inspired the entire world."
If he's so smart and exceptional, why did he need affirmative action to get into Columbia, Harvard and onto the Harvard Law review?

Obama has used his skin color to make up for his laziness throughout his career.
Is that the kind of American "Exceptionalism, which inspired the entire world"?
Good Grief!

You libs were gleefully yelling that Bush's C average at Yale was proof he was a Moron.
Now, you are declaring that Obama's C average at Columbia is proof of his brilliance.

Does your hypocrisy know no limits?
Or is this just more Lib racism at work?

hondo
09-15-2010, 07:07 AM
This statement by Dawg stood out:

"Obama has used his skin color to make up for his laziness throughout his career."

Gayle in MD
09-15-2010, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This statement by Dawg stood out:

"Obama has used his skin color to make up for his laziness throughout his career."
</div></div>

He wrote that??? What a racist statement to make. Thanks for reminding me why I keep him on ignore....

President Obama inspired the whole world, wrote the Harvard Law Review, taught Constitutional Law, wrote two incredibly excellent books, was a state representative, obviously passed the law exam, numerouos achievments, can't contribute all of that to any special treatment for being black, and can't accuse him for using his race, when he had so may accomplishments.

He never responded to all of the Republican efforts to use his race against him, but played the obvious RW racism down.

Incredibly unfair, ignorant and racist statement for anyone to make, IMO...

G.

eg8r
09-15-2010, 07:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Obama inspired the whole world, wrote the Harvard Law Review, taught Constitutional Law, wrote two incredibly excellent books, was a state representative, obviously passed the law exam, numerouos achievments, can't contribute all of that to any special treatment for being black, and can't accuse him for using his race, when he had so may accomplishments.
</div></div>Wow, if even only half that were true, I wonder what made him so stupid when he walked into the White House?

eg8r

jimmyg
09-15-2010, 08:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This statement by Dawg stood out:

</div></div>

He wrote that??? What a racist statement to make. Thanks for reminding me why I keep him on ignore....

President Obama inspired the whole world, wrote the Harvard Law Review, taught Constitutional Law, wrote two incredibly excellent books, was a state representative, obviously passed the law exam, numerouos achievments, can't contribute all of that to any special treatment for being black, and can't accuse him for using his race, when he had so may accomplishments.
He never responded to all of the Republican efforts to use his race against him, but played the obvious RW racism down.

G. </div></div>

Totally delusional, cult like, statement to make. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

He was/is, in fact, a common, poltically appointed, "community activist", a junior senator without any meaningful leglislation written and a virtually blank voting record, a Havard Law review editor that has no record of any published contributions to the review, not known for any unspecified "numerous achievements", nor were either of his books literary classics.

Not one written word of honesty, 11,850 posts of disingenuous falsehoods. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

J

hondo
09-15-2010, 09:11 AM
The Party of No has concentrated on rendering him ineffective.
The sheeple are unable to distinguish truth from truthyness.

eg8r
09-15-2010, 09:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Party of No has concentrated on rendering him ineffective.
</div></div>Which examples do you have where the the minority in Congress has tied Obama's hands behind his back? This party of "no" as you have started repeating has allowed Obama to enact the worst policy in history while allowing him to increase our debt at a faster rate than W was capable of doing in 8 years.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-15-2010, 09:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Party of No has concentrated on rendering him ineffective.
The sheeple are unable to distinguish truth from truthyness. </div></div>

The Most obstructiive Party in history! Never has a political party obstructed so completely, at such a devastating economical time in history.

As Joe Scarborouogh said this morning, the Republicans ruined the economy and put us into two wars, with no clue how to get out of either of them.

Then, they refused to even get involved in cleaning up the massive messes they left in their wake! Obstructionism by Republicans, and Bush's VETO pen, made all of it worse.

Republicans have engaged in non stop lying throughout the Bush Administration, and neer stopped to this day. Distortion of facts is the M.O. of the right. no wnder they never offer any decumentaion for their ridiculous claims, there isnt any.

bamadog
09-15-2010, 10:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This statement by Dawg stood out:

</div></div>

G. </div></div>
Obama was a lazy doper in HS, got into Columbia on affirmative action.
He was a lazy doper at Columbia and graduated without honors, which means, at best, he was a C student.

He got into Harvard Law on affirmative action, and onto the Law review because of his skin color.
Now, he did graduate with honors from Harvard.

Hard to imagine that a guy who got through life on his smile and skin color could have suddenly become a great student.
But, he somehow managed it.

He was hired to write his first book because he was the first Black president of the law review.
It helps to be black.

He went to Chicago and joined a law firm where he did nothing extraordinary in the field.
He was a part time lecturer of constitutional law at the Univ. of Chicago.

He won his race for State representative by having all his opponents thrown off the ballot.
As a part time State Legislator he was undistinguished.

Was defeated for US Congress.
He won his US Senate race because the Republican front runner withdrew at the last minute from the race in a sex scandal.
He did nothing distinguishing as a US Senator.

How, has this story of laziness, mediocrity, and reliance on being the right color inspired the whole world?

bamadog
09-15-2010, 10:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</span> </div></div>

Actually reading something before she dismisses it will only confuse her.

Her hate doesn't rely on facts or logic.

bamadog
09-15-2010, 10:45 AM
He has ZERO rsspect, and was called out for his remarks by a slew of conservatives.

They were outrageous, racists, and slanderous.

G. [/b] </div></div>
If you cannot see truth in Gingrich's remarks then you are delusional, or dishonest.

You libs have created a society where skin color, sex, and economic class are paramount but if a conservative comments on it, then you suddenly tear your hair and gnash your teeth in feigned indignation as you spit "racist!"

bamadog
09-15-2010, 10:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This statement by Dawg stood out:

</div></div>
Actually, this is a far more important quote from my post:
"You said, Obama is a "Democratic president, with an uplifting American philosophy of American Exceptionalism, which inspired the entire world."
If he's so smart and exceptional, why did he need affirmative action to get into Columbia, Harvard and onto the Harvard Law review?"

Gayle in MD
09-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Pleas don't mention Clinton in a ppost about Gingrish's hypocracy.

He cost this country millions upon millions by setting out to destroy Clinton, for doing exactly what he was doing himself, all along.

During a time when Clinton was focused on al Qaeda and getting bin Laden, Gingrich, and the Republicans were on a witch hunt that they launched as soon as they saw that they were lsoing that election.

PIGS.

He's been unfaithful to all of his wives, and there is talk right now, that another divorce is on the way, for the same lack of integrity he's had his whole life.

The quintessential HYPOCRITE!

G.

bamadog
09-15-2010, 10:56 AM
During a time when Clinton was focused on al Qaeda and getting bin Laden, Gingrich, and the Republicans were on a witch hunt that they launched as soon as they saw that they were lsoing that election.

G. </div></div>
That's the problem, Clinton was NEVER focused on Al Qaeda or getting Bin Laden.
The Saudis offered Bin Laden to Clinton.
He turned them down.

Clinton's failure to strongly respond to the many Al Qaeda attacks convinced Bin Laden that America was cowardly and weak and emboldened him to plan the 9/11 attacks.
Bin Laden said so himself.

pooltchr
09-15-2010, 12:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Party of No has concentrated on rendering him ineffective.

If Obama is ineffective, it is of his own doing. The dems have a filabuster proof majority, which should make it possible for Obama to do most anything ins spite of anything the Reps can do.

He can't even get his own party to go along with him.

Steve

Deeman3
09-15-2010, 01:38 PM

<span style="color: #FF0000">Those crafty right wingers once again taking advantage of the less fortunate and defenseless masses on the left, even when they controlled the White House, the Senate and House of Pepresentatives by the widest majority in decades!

How long would the Dems have ot have control before they actually took any responsibility for their own failures?

Amazing! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

hondo
09-15-2010, 01:52 PM
"It helps to be black."

Not so much in West Virginia.

hondo
09-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Oh, I thought your one comment was revealing enough.

hondo
09-15-2010, 01:57 PM
If Obama had just said piss on those "crafty right wingers" and stuck by his convictions, he would have had more of my respect.
Too much Jimmy Carter in him.

Vapros
09-15-2010, 03:12 PM
This is my first stop here in quite a long time, but nothing seems to have changed. Not much moderate thought is being posted, as everybody is 'ultra' one way or the other.

B. Hussein Obama is nearly halfway down his slippery slope, but a number of posters here refuse to notice. They are still hopeful that one of his ideas will work, somewhere along the line. When his 'public service' is done, I imagine they will bundle him off to a taxidermist.

Maybe I will look in again, but not for a while. Be well.

hondo
09-15-2010, 06:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vapros</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Not much moderate thought is being posted, as everybody is 'ultra' one way or the other. They are still hopeful that one of his ideas will work, somewhere along the line. When his 'public service' is done, I imagine they will bundle him off to a taxidermist.

</div></div>

Nice "moderate" post. Thanks.

Gayle in MD
09-15-2010, 09:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Party of No has concentrated on rendering him ineffective.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Those crafty right wingers once again taking advantage of the less fortunate and defenseless masses on the left, even when they controlled the White House, the Senate and House of Pepresentatives by the widest majority in decades!

How long would the Dems have ot have control before they actually took any responsibility for their own failures?

Amazing! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span> </div></div>

About the same amount of time you'll have to wait to hear Republicans take responsibility for forty years of failed policies.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

In the seven months prior to President Obama's term, we had lost three million seven hundred and fifty thousand jobs!

We were on the edge of a predicted decade long DEPRESSION, Bush, said as long as a decade!

Two Wars, a 1.3 trillion dollar budget deficit which didn't even include all of the war costs.

Multi trillion dollar national Deficit, what was it???? six trillion?

Rolling bank collapses...already well underway.

A collapsed credit, and financial market, which was GLOBAL.

States with not enough money to retain domestic tranquility, at the state level... about to lose massive numbers of teachers, policemen, firemen, first responders....

A completely deterriorated Infrastructure....and an impending oil disaster, the worst in our history.

That is just SOME of what this president inherited, and had to try to turn around, with a completely obstructionary Republican Party, who incited Birthers, whose lies and rhetoric have ben among the worst behavior I have witnessed ever in this country.

President Obama has not even been in office for two years, and Democratics have not even been in majority for four years, the first two, with only a thin margin...Jan 07, will be four years, under a sixty vote mandate, and tring to work with Republian who have been completely uncooperative through out.

Have you heard Republicans, or Bush, take responsibility for destroying the economy, with tax cuts, and social programs, and wars, and massive spending and borrowing?

The Recession was already gathering steam before Democratics took office! Economists said we had been in a recession for a year, before it was even acknowledged by Bush, or the Republican majority.

Honestly, the more I read this board, the more I understand how a twit like Sara Palin, and a blathering nutjob like Glen Beck, or Limpballs, could have the following they have, even though none of them are honest, realistic, mentally stable, or even fit enough to advise a boy scout troop, while they rake in the multi-millions, and try to decide if they want to be ministers, politicians, or just remain stars in the most bazaar reality show of all times.

Jeeze, pour me a drink!

bamadog
09-15-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm still waiting for you to explain how a lazy doper who had to rely on affirmative action to get into college and law school because his grades were too low, then went on to undistinguished stints in law, the Illinois legislature and the US Senate is "an inspiration to the entire world".

LWW
09-16-2010, 04:12 AM
Because she was told he was.

LWW

eg8r
09-16-2010, 09:55 AM
No kidding. It seems like don't want to take responsibility for anything at all. Heck you would have at least thought they would be trumpeting their HC bill as a win, but they are all scared to death to even admit to voting for it before the elections later this year.

eg8r

eg8r
09-16-2010, 09:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the seven months prior to President Obama's term, we had lost three million seven hundred and fifty thousand jobs!
</div></div>In a Dem controlled Congress no doubt. Dems did nothing to stop it and then when they got full control including the White House they decided to really throw it in the crapper and trash everything.

eg8r

eg8r
09-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Where is proof that Obama used affirmative action to get into college and law school?

eg8r

bamadog
09-16-2010, 10:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is proof that Obama used affirmative action to get into college and law school?

eg8r </div></div>
If you have any doubt whether Obama benefited from affirmative action, here are his own words.

"I respect Mr. Chen's personal concern over the possible stigmatizing effects of affirmative action, and do not question the depth or sincerity of his feelings. I must say, however, that as someone who has undoubtedly benefited from affirmative action programs during my academic career, and as someone who may have benefited from the Law Review's affirmative action policy when I was selected to join the Review last year, I have not personally felt stigmatized either within the broader law school community or as a staff member of the Review. Indeed, my election last year as President of the Review would seem to indicate that at least among Review staff, and hopefully for the majority of professors at Harvard, affirmative action in no way tarnishes the accomplishments of those who are members of historically underrepresented groups."
http://www.hlrecord.org/2.4475/recor...7511?pagereq=4

"The notion that Obama hadn't written at all for the Review prompted skepticism.

"They probably don't want [to] have you [reporters] going back" to examine the Review, University of Southern California law professor (and Michael Dukakis campaign manager) Susan Estrich said at the time."

As I've said, I'm sure Obama is intelligent and did fine at Harvard but nothing in his academic record shows that he is brilliant or extraordinarily intelligent.
After all, he obviously didn't get into Columbia or Harvard on his academic record.

A good discussion of the subject at AZBilliards.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=199810&page=5

hondo
09-16-2010, 03:49 PM
A good discussion of the subject at AZBilliards.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=199810&page=5

LMAO! He doesn't realize who he's talking to. Does he, Eg?

eg8r
09-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Yep. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
09-16-2010, 07:56 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
09-17-2010, 02:22 AM
Notice how this thread was highjacked?

Typical Republican sheeple styled diversion.

President Obama is brilliant. They hate that.

You won't hear him making a fool of himself, like Bush did, and making our country a laughing stock, like Bush did.

That's what they can't stand.

We will have a choice in November between a bunch of fringe radical fanatics who have taken over the entire Republican Party, and the democratics, who have performed excellently.

We didn't get everything we wanted in the Health Care Bill, but more good things are coming from it as we go forward, and we don't have people being pushed off their policies, or dying in huge numbers because they got sick....and health insurance, dumped them.

We don't have our country out there torturing people, and we do have one party, only one, that is out there trying to make this country a better place to live, for all Americans.

All the Dems need to do is quote the statistical facts on Republican spending, and Bush's multi failures, and run Rove's one time statment of truth, about the nutjob in Delaware, over and over again!!!

I don't think moderates in this country want Bush's same policies back in the majority, with the added element of more dangerous, radical nutjob, racist anti-Americans in positions of authority.

If tax cuts for the rich were supposed to create jobs, where are they?????????? They never happened! It was the same, when Reagan gave big tax cuts to the rich....does not translate to jobs/

We saw another failure of Voodoo economics throughout the Bush Administration!

It's BuLL!

G.

LWW
09-17-2010, 04:29 AM
You know the truth riles their collectivist gizzards dawg.

LWW

pooltchr
09-17-2010, 06:52 AM
We will have a choice in November between a bunch of fringe radical fanatics who have taken over the entire Republican and the democrat parties, neither of which have performed responsibly, or real actual conservatives who are dedicated to reducing the size of government, cutting spending, and allowing the freedom of the American people to get the country back on track.

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ok, I fixed that so it not only makes sense, but is true.

You're welcome!

Steve</span>

Gayle in MD
09-17-2010, 07:32 AM

Absolutely! Here's a good example:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As the nation's attention turns back to the fractured debate over immigration, it might be helpful to remember that in 1986, Ronald Reagan signed a sweeping immigration reform bill into law. The bill made nearly 3 million illegal immigrants eligible for amnesty -- a word not usually associated with the father of modern conservatism.

As the nation's attention turns back to the fractured debate over immigration, it might be helpful to remember that in 1986, Ronald Reagan signed a sweeping immigration reform bill into law. It was sold as a crackdown: There would be tighter security at the Mexican border, and employers would face strict penalties for hiring undocumented workers.

But the bill also made any immigrant who'd entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty -- a word not usually associated with the father of modern conservatism.

In his renewed push for an immigration overhaul this week, President Obama called for Republican support for a bill to address the growing population of illegal immigrants in the country. This time, however, Republicans know better than to tread near the politically toxic A-word.

Part of this aversion is due to what is widely seen as the failure of Reagan's 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act. However, one of the lead authors of the bill says that unlike most immigration reform efforts of the past 20 years, amnesty wasn't the pitfall.

"We used the word 'legalization,' " former Wyoming Sen. Alan K. Simpson tells NPR's Guy Raz. "And everybody fell asleep lightly for a while, and we were able to do legalization."

The law granted amnesty to nearly 3 million illegal immigrants, yet was largely considered unsuccessful because the strict sanctions on employers were stripped out of the bill for passage.

Simpson says the amnesty provision actually saved the act from being a total loss. "It's not perfect, but 2.9 million people came forward. If you can bring one person out of an exploited relationship, that's good enough for me."

Reagan And Amnesty

Nowadays, conservative commentators like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh often invoke the former president as a champion of the conservative agenda. Sean Hannity of Fox News even has a regular segment called "What Would Reagan Do?"

Simpson, however, sees a different person in the president he called a "dear friend."

Reagan "knew that it was not right for people to be abused," Simpson says. "Anybody who's here illegally is going to be abused in some way, either financially [or] physically. They have no rights."

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Peter Robinson, a former Reagan speechwriter, agrees. "It was in Ronald Reagan's bones -- it was part of his understanding of America -- that the country was fundamentally open to those who wanted to join us here."

Reagan said as much himself in a televised debate with Democratic presidential nominee Walter Mondale in 1984.

"I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally," he said. </span>

http://www.scpr.org/news/2010/07/04/a-reagan-legacy-amnesty-for-illegal-immigrants/
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Yet, for a decade the right consistatly blames Democratics for Amnesty....It Was Ronald REagan Who Pushed For Amnesty From The Very Beginning Of The Issue!

It was Reagan who signed the Bill.

Some Republicans only voted against it because they wanted more cover for the corporations to hire illegals, and exploit illegals, for cheaper money, and fewer benefits.

Between Reagan's amnesty, and his FCC dismantling, destruction of the Unions, bailing out the crooks in the Savings and Loan industry, and tax cuts for the rich, he ushered in all of the elements of the current REpublican Party, which have destroyed the Middle Class in this country.

Just look at which segment of the economic population and increased their wealth at a rate which we have NEVER witnessed before, since Bush Bail Out.

How many jobs trickled down after Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy? We lost jobs like juice through a strainer.

Obama has stopped the hemmoraging, prevented the Bush Depression, gotten us mostly out of Iraq, and is trying to get us out of Afghanistan.

Good numbers are up, stock market, up, banks, up, Production up, GDP UP!!!

Jobs are ALWAYS the last to recover...Republicans are totally full of ****!

That's why most of them think that Obama is channelling his father's religious and political views, these people are NUTJOBS!President Obama is more of a centrist, than Bush!

The ME ME ME generation wants what they want, when they want it, and the Republican Party, is the personification of ME ME ME on every issue.

G. </span>

bamadog
09-17-2010, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know the truth riles their collectivist gizzards dawg.

LWW </div></div>
Well, it appears that "Obama is brilliant and has inspired the whole world" has become some kind of dogma for the loony left.
It is taken on faith and repeated as a kind of mantra.
But it is unsupported by the facts.
Obama was mediocre academically.

Bush's Cs at Yale were proof he was a "moron".
Obama's Cs at at Columbia are proof he's "brilliant".
Just more liberal racism on display.

pooltchr
09-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Reagan did sign the bill, with the understanding that the government would enforce immigration laws at the boarder. And we all know how well that worked, don't we???

Harry Reid wants to do the same thing RR did, and you don't have squat to say about that.

And you wonder why people think you are being hypocritical???????

Steve