PDA

View Full Version : The party of no??

pooltchr
09-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Rep John Boehner today indicated he is willing to work with Obama on a compromise on what to do with the Bush tax cuts. He stated he might be willing to accept extending them for the middle class, even if the Dems insist on allowing them to expire for the top earners.

Of course, there are even some Dems who don't agree with allowing them to expire for anyone, considering the state of the economy.

I have to wonder if we will hear any positive comments from the left, who claim the Reps are standing in Obama's way on everything.

Steve

Sev
09-13-2010, 05:17 PM
I dare say the probability if pretty low.

Qtec
09-13-2010, 06:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) seemed to give Democrats an opening on Sunday when he said he would support President Obama's plan for extending Bush tax cuts only to the middle class if that was his only choice.

But his counterpart in the Senate is apparently willing to make sure Boehner doesn't face such a choice. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) announced on Monday that he has the commitments from everyone in his caucus to oppose any tax package that doesn't include an extension for the rich as well</span>.

Q

</div></div>

pooltchr
09-13-2010, 06:24 PM
So, are you giving no credit to possibly the next speaker of the house for being willing to compromise?

That's what I thought.

Steve

Stretch
09-14-2010, 01:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, are you giving no credit to possibly the next speaker of the house for being willing to compromise?

That's what I thought.

Steve </div></div>

It's a nice gesture on a mute point. So what do you think about Mitch McConnell? St.

LWW
09-14-2010, 04:04 AM
As I predicted ... the dems would run as taxcutting conservatives come election time.

The last act of desperation will be when the old skool media and statist agitprops begin calling it the Obama tax cuts.

LWW

Chopstick
09-16-2010, 05:42 AM
So what is all this party of no crap? They don't even need the Republicans. They already proved that 3 trillion dollars ago.

pooltchr
09-16-2010, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what is all this party of no crap? They don't even need the Republicans. They already proved that 3 trillion dollars ago. </div></div>

And now we are learning just how much pork was in the stimulus, and how little actually going to our economy.

We are sending money to south Africa to teach people how to wash up after having sex!!!!!!!

Steve

LWW
09-17-2010, 03:53 AM
In reality it's the demokooks who are the party of <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"NO!"</span>

Their answer to job creation is <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"NO!"</span>

Their answer to free speech is <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"NO!"</span>

Their answer to border security is <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"NO!"</span>

Their answer to sensible tax policy is <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"NO!"</span>

Their answer to sensible ecological policy is <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"NO!"</span>

Their answer to sensible foreign policy is <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"NO!"</span>

Their answer to promoting American exceptionalism is <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"NO!"</span>

LWW