PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Media Bias? LMAO!

Gayle in MD
09-14-2010, 11:34 AM
http://crooksandliars.com/
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">September 14, 2010 10:00 AM
Big Shocker: White Male Republicans Dominate Sunday Shows
By Susie Madrak
Via Think Progress, some news that I know will shock the hell out of you. But on the bright side, Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham were two of the most frequent guests, so odds are good that at least some closeted types are represented. That's diversity, Republican style!

NBC’s Meet the Press, CBS’s Face the Nation, Fox News Sunday, CNN’s State of the Union, and ABC’s This Week are the five major Sunday talk shows that aim to bring “a diverse group of voices” that “reflect the cultural, economic, and political landscape” of the U.S. However, according to a new study published by George Mason University School of Law this month, the Congressional guests featured in 2009 were anything but diverse, failing not only to represent the demographics of the American population but also the diversity of Congress. In fact, according to the study, the congressional voice was disproportionately represented by one type of guest in 2009: “white, male, senior, and Republican”:

“In 2009 the talk shows told us (by their selection of Congressional guests) that the people who matter are disproportionately white, male, senior and Republican — disproportionate not just when compared to the American population overall, but also when compared to the population of Congress itself,” concluded a study published this month in The Green Bag, a quarterly journal supported by the George Mason University School of Law.

The study, of the five network Sunday shows from February to December 2009, found that while 14.6 percent of members of Congress were minorities, just 2.5 percent of the Congressional TV guests were minorities; and that while 16.9 percent of members were female, 13.5 percent of the guests were female.

The study also singled out “the 49 white, male U.S. senators in office six-plus years” who represented 9.2 percent of the Congressional populace, but 61.4 percent of the TV guests.

This Week’s executive producer Ian Cameron explains that “bookings are dictated by the news and newsmakers” and “few of those newsmakers in top leadership positions are women or members of minorities.” In reviewing 2009, he noted that the guests relevant to the most prevalent issues were “white and mostly men.” According to the study, the top guests were Republican Sens. Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), John McCain (R-AZ), and Jon Kyl (R-AZ). The Republican leadership “appeared on these shows a total of 43 times” while Democratic Leadership, including the first female Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), “appeared only 11 times.”

</div></div>

I see that many media millionaires are insuring no tax cuts for the top two percent, with the power of their supposedly "Liberal;" megaphone.

Meet The Press? LMAO! NBC is so liberal.

A real crock! Everyone in Washington knows and knew, that Bush's guy, "Stretch" as Bush so lovingly called him, was about as RW as you could find. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Deeman3
09-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Do you ever wonder that a story from a "news" outlet named Crooks and Liars might be partisan in thier views of the guests on Sunday TV? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Now, as the "popularity" of the Democrat's recent legislation in HCR and such has had such a resounding success, you can barely get a Democrat to appear anywhere. The ones that are running in this election are mostly running as fast as they can from the disasters the administration has created.

Kinda enlightening to see most candidates saying, "No thanks Mr. President, you don't need to come here and support me!"

I have noticed that Nancy has almost disappeared during this election. Why would that be? Think all these networks won't give her air time? No, they are keeping her off the air to reduce anger as much as they can.

pooltchr
09-14-2010, 02:52 PM
If I were on Obama's team, I'd be hiding too!!

Steve

Gayle in MD
09-14-2010, 07:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you ever wonder that a story from a "news" outlet named Crooks and Liars might be partisan in thier views of the guests on Sunday TV? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #FF0000">Not when their article addresses what I've been observing all along. </span>

Now, as the "popularity" of the Democrat's recent legislation in HCR and such has had such a resounding success, you can barely get a Democrat to appear anywhere.

<span style="color: #FF0000">LMAO! </span>

The ones that are running in this election are mostly running as fast as they can from the disasters the administration has created.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yeah, and what a shame when we coud have been in the throes of Bush's self predicted decade long Depression. </span>

Kinda enlightening to see most candidates saying, "No thanks Mr. President, you don't need to come here and support me!"

<span style="color: #FF0000">Seems to me I've seen him flying around quite a bit, and people who are not nutty Tea party Deniers, seem mightly glad to see him. </span>

I have noticed that Nancy has almost disappeared during this election. Why would that be? Think all these networks won't give her air time? No, they are keeping her off the air to reduce anger as much as they can. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">They're all millionaires, so they suck up to the party of more of the same, aka, unjustifiable tax cuts for the wealthy, who don't spend them in the public market. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By CNNMoney.com staffSeptember 14, 2010: 7:04 AM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Warren Buffett expressed his confidence in the U.S. economy and ruled out the possibility of a double-dip recession, according to a published report.

"I'm a huge bull on this country," said the Omaha, Neb.-based billionaire investor and philanthropist, speaking via video connection to the Montana Economic Development Summit, according to Bloomberg News.

diggs
diggEmail Print Comment"We will not have a double-dip recession at all," he said. "I see business coming back almost across the board."

Buffett told the assembly that American banks had become more open to lending again and he encouraged entrepreneurs to seek financing.

"It's night and day from a year, year and a half ago," he said, according to the Bloomberg report. "I know Wells Fargo, they would love to have $50 billion more of loans now. Go in and talk to the banker."

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">You righties deny all of the signs of a recovery, but then, I've watched Republicans and their sore loser, viciious tactics for decades, although, even I, never thought they could stoop as low as they have this time.

G. </span>

pooltchr
09-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Well, the Dems set the bar really really low.

Steve

LWW
09-15-2010, 03:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">You righties deny all of the signs of a recovery, but then, I've watched Republicans and their sore loser, viciious tactics for decades, although, even I, never thought they could stoop as low as they have this time.

G. </span> </div></div>

Wrong. We deny that there actually are signs of a recovery.

You, OTOH, were bleating about the "BUSH DEPRESSION" when US was at 5.5% and GDP growth was positive.

But, in your defense, that's what you were told to believe.

LWW