PDA

View Full Version : I liked this...

sack316
09-14-2010, 08:55 PM
"I was at my friends house recently and asked my friends' little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, 'If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?' She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people.'

Her parents beamed with pride.

"Wow...what a worthy goal.' I told her, 'But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my driveway, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, ' Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50? '

I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party!'

Her parents still aren't speaking to me."

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-14-2010, 09:27 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Cute. Smart little girl. I'm sure she'll understand the overall picture better when she grows up.

Maybe someone will explain to her that the homeless man used to have a job, until Republicans subsidized the corporation who trashed the environment at his workplace, gave him cancer, outsourced his wife's job, after which he lost his home, because his insurance company dropped him, and he's now dying of cancer, because he can't get the medicine he needs to get well.

My grand daughter knows all about that, she watched it happen to one of her best friends, and her Mom and Dad, just two years ago.

G.

sack316
09-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Perhaps.

Or maybe he never had a job, never learned to make do on his own because he (and those who raised him) tried to live off the system instead of taking steps to improve their own lives. He blew his government check on drugs and booze, never had a wife per say, but was always close to a fellow junkie who got nice checks due to her several kids that she didn't care too well for (who happened to eventually become split up in state custody). And one day he nearly died of an OD, but he did manage to get saved at an ER and walk out with his life and without spending a dime of his next check. Honestly couldn't say where he went from there.

Your friend Sack knows all about that, he went to high school with that guy (before said fellow dropped out at 16).

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-15-2010, 03:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps.

Or maybe he never had a job, never learned to make do on his own because he (and those who raised him) tried to live off the system instead of taking steps to improve their own lives. He blew his government check on drugs and booze, never had a wife per say, but was always close to a fellow junkie who got nice checks due to her several kids that she didn't care too well for (who happened to eventually become split up in state custody). And one day he nearly died of an OD, but he did manage to get saved at an ER and walk out with his life and without spending a dime of his next check. Honestly couldn't say where he went from there.

Your friend Sack knows all about that, he went to high school with that guy (before said fellow dropped out at 16).

Sack </div></div>

LOL, dear Sack, thank you for another confirmation of the standard RW "Christian" views.
Republican description, for anybody, and everybody, who has ever lost everything.

62% of those who lost their homes, were folks who became ill, and lost their homes because of the cost of illness, in this country, and no access to expensive health care for profit system.

You know, those about whom the Republican guy said, "don't feed the stray dogs, or they'll multiply" another one of those good samaritan, RW Christian/Repubs, and how he thinks about the poor, and the down and out, another Republican said we should round them all up and send them to camps, and empty jails, and teach them how to bathe...

That good ol' Grand Oil party, great Americans!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Everything they say and do, shows how they only care about cozying up to, and looking out for the rich.

Their defense of BP was a perfect example.

Trash the Gulf, lie before the Senate, bilk the average Joe, scam the public, and Republicans will jump to your defense.

G.

pooltchr
09-15-2010, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
62% of those who lost their homes, were folks who became ill, and lost their homes because of the cost of illness,
G. </div></div>

You need to check that number. The forclosure rate has skyrocketed in the last two years, and not because more people are getting sick, but because they bought houses they couldn't afford.

Please try to stay current.

Steve

hondo
09-15-2010, 07:22 AM
And, therein lies the difference between Republicans and
Democrats, my friend.
Democrats would like to believe the best in a person,
and Republicans tend to think the worst. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
09-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Very True, and have you seen the figures on how many foreclosures there were by the well-to-do investors, who walked out and left keys on on the counters, of multiple properties? some of them on seven and eight different homes and condos....

Got to find that article...they were the worst of all in the long run...pure negligence, with no sense of honor about them at all.

Without Conscience

G.

eg8r
09-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Actually, the dems would prefer to distort reality to fit their fantasy. None of this distortion having anything to do with humanity but rather just to secure more votes.

eg8r

hondo
09-15-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm sure that's true with many politicians.
I'm talking about John Q. Public.

Deeman3
09-15-2010, 09:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, therein lies the difference between Republicans and
Democrats, my friend.
and Republicans tend to think the worst. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> As much as this is displayed as compassion, it also shows gulibility in some cases. The problem being that when you try to rescue all but end up with heartfelt but misguided creation of masses of victims who are helpless without you, despite no attempt to separate the needy from the ones wanting and getting a free ride. That costs the real needy more than anything. Creation of lifelong dependents swapped for a vote.

Universal compassion, such a big banner to carry in front of you for all the see. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

Gayle in MD
09-15-2010, 09:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure that's true with many politicians.
I'm talking about John Q. Public. </div></div>

After Republicans held majority over the most flat wage performance over the longet time in history, and the largest outsourcing of SUBSIDIZED American jobs, and two of the most expensive wars ever launched, and overseen in the most incompetent manner of any US campaign, and destroyed the economy, they then have to blame all of it on the poor, whose numbers they increased, and the jobless, whose numbers they increased, and the middle class, who are practically extenct, while they defend the top two percent, who were the only ones who gained through republican control.

Make any sense to you????

Then they blame Democratics for a recession that began before they were even in control, for months!

All of this after swelling the number of poor people, job losses, debts with on-going financial commitments and interest, huge challenges in meeting our responsibilities to our fallen and injured soldeirs, and top it all off by going all the way back to the civil rights era, which were made in this country over forty years ago!!!! STrides which moved more people out of poverty, and into work and a future, than any other single effort ever witnessed in all of history.

Bush and the Republicans totally created this mess...totally.

All of their p9olicies led us to this point from Amnesty, to launching two wars, and cutting taxes, and borrowing their asses off throughout their tenures, and then, they jump back, impatient, expecting all of it to be solved in under two years!

What incredible nerve and irrational thinking!

G.

Gayle in MD
09-15-2010, 10:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, therein lies the difference between Republicans and
Democrats, my friend.
and Republicans tend to think the worst. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> As much as this is displayed as compassion, it also shows gulibility in some cases. The problem being that when you try to rescue all but end up with heartfelt but misguided creation of masses of victims who are helpless without you, despite no attempt to separate the needy from the ones wanting and getting a free ride. That costs the real needy more than anything. Creation of lifelong dependents swapped for a vote.

Universal compassion, such a big banner to carry in front of you for all the see. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span> </div></div>

http://keithhennessey.com/2010/04/15/off-the-rolls/

sack316
09-17-2010, 02:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
LOL, dear Sack, thank you for another confirmation of the standard RW "Christian" views.
Republican description, for anybody, and everybody, who has ever lost everything.

62% of those who lost their homes, were folks who became ill, and lost their homes because of the cost of illness, in this country, and no access to expensive health care for profit system.

You know, those about whom the Republican guy said, "don't feed the stray dogs, or they'll multiply" another one of those good samaritan, RW Christian/Repubs, and how he thinks about the poor, and the down and out, another Republican said we should round them all up and send them to camps, and empty jails, and teach them how to bathe...

Everything they say and do, shows how they only care about cozying up to, and looking out for the rich.

Trash the Gulf, lie before the Senate, bilk the average Joe, scam the public, and Republicans will jump to your defense.

G. </div></div>

No my friend, you posted a heartbreaking and extreme example of something you had first hand knowledge of... of someone who was let down by the crappy system and sadly suffered greatly because of it. I replied with an equally heartbreaking and extreme example in kind... of someone who abused the system and suffered greatly because he was never made to make anything of himself. Obviously far less sympathetic a figure in my story, but in the end no less tragic.

Do either of us believe this is the status quo and a description of every such sad case we have here? I certainly would hope not, I know I don't. I am not so naive to think that every sad sap story is a result of ones own self destruction. I, in turn, hope you don't believe each case is someone that is a victim of circumstance.

There are plenty of people who do need help. NOBODY should go broke because they are sick. Period. But also, if those <u>that could</u> do for themselves would do for themselves rather than abusing the system, chances are there'd be a good bit in the pot to be able to use to help those that do need it.

Sack

Gayle in MD
09-23-2010, 04:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G. </div></div>

No my friend, you posted a heartbreaking and extreme example of something you had first hand knowledge of... of someone who was let down by the crappy system and sadly suffered greatly because of it. I replied with an equally heartbreaking and extreme example in kind... of someone who abused the system and suffered greatly because he was never made to make anything of himself. Obviously far less sympathetic a figure in my story, but in the end no less tragic.

Do either of us believe this is the status quo and a description of every such sad case we have here? I certainly would hope not, I know I don't. I am not so naive to think that every sad sap story is a result of ones own self destruction. I, in turn, hope you don't believe each case is someone that is a victim of circumstance.

There are plenty of people who do need help. NOBODY should go broke because they are sick. Period. But also, if those <u>that could</u> do for themselves would do for themselves rather than abusing the system, chances are there'd be a good bit in the pot to be able to use to help those that do need it.

Sack </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are plenty of people who do need help. NOBODY should go broke because they are sick. Period. But also, if those <u>that could</u> do for themselves would do for themselves rather than abusing the system, chances are there'd be a good bit in the pot to be able to use to help those that do need it.
</div></div>

I completely agree, Sack. Fraud and waste in any government action, including war profiteering, during war time, should be dismantled.

Bill Clinton did more to reform welfare, create jobs, and get people off the dole, and into jobs, than any recent president.

In fact, he created more jobs than both Bush's and Reagan, combined, AND proved in the doinng, that raising taxes on those who spend loads of money on accountants who know better than any welfare recipient, how to "Game" the system, doe not hurt job creation, or the econnomy.

We agree on how things should work, we just disagree about how to go about bringing those changes to fruition.

IMO, Republican policies, create a redistribution of wealth, upwards, to the wealthiest among us, and hence, lead to an unstable economy, and an unbalanced access to wealth creation, as they also lead to greater numbers of people living in poverty.

The statistics prove that, and also prove, through poor job creation, that the Republican tax policies, do not enhance job creation.

G.

Sev
09-23-2010, 05:02 AM
Taxation does nothing to enhance job creation.
It is theft from the people.