PDA

View Full Version : Something we all can agree on?

Qtec
09-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Just saw this old video [ you will love this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7aS7m3odqI&feature=related) ] from Christopher Hitchens debating some guy about the Prophet cartoons.

I don't always agree with him but this time he hits the nail on the head.

Q.......BTW.......the American press bowed down.

Gayle in MD
09-15-2010, 06:21 AM
I've always like Hitchens, and like you, don't always agree with all of his views. He's very intelligent, and is one of the best at pointing out hypocracy, and partucularly in organized religion's many illogical tenents VS their actions.

I thought all three of them made some good points, but Hitchens was great.

The moderate Muslims need to do more to squelch out their radical fringe. They pretty much have to leave the Middle East to do so, or they're tortured and murdered.

Too bad, though, that some of the good ones in America, American Muslims, who do speak out against their radical element, have been subjected to the wrath they get from some people who paint all Muslims with the same brush. We need to support the ones who are trying to do just that, not attack them.

G.

pooltchr
09-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Hutchens is absolutely right. The US is allowing a radical group of extremists to dictate how we live our lives.
Our media is so afraid of what they will do if we offend them, that they walk on egshells when it comes to reporting the news.

It's just an extension of the PC BS that is eating away at our country.

I was brought up to call a spade a spade. If the truth offends you, deal with it!

Good post, Q

Steve