PDA

View Full Version : Bucking the partisan line

hondo
09-15-2010, 09:35 AM
One of the things that has always annoyed me about LWW, Steve, and the clan is that you can predict their stance on every single issue. Just see Beck and Limberger. Word for word.

Sack, Dee, and , at times, Eg, do address each issue individually.
To be honest, the other side is rather predictanle also, with the exception of Sid.

I have tried to treat each issue seperately.

The mosque near the 9/11 site is total BS.
If the Muslims were sincere in respecting the feelings
of the American people, they wouid want their mosque as far away from the site as possible. It's a slap in the face of every family who lost members on 9/11.

Illegal immigrants? We've got too damned many people in this country now! Keep em out!

Gun control? If we lose our guns, we cease to become a free society.

How can someone be against a prolonged war in Iraq and be for
it in Afghanistan? Just because one is Bush's dirty little war and the other is Obama's dirty little war?

Is Obama somewhat indecisive and did he kowtow too much to the
Party of No and fail to utilize his majority in Congess? Hell, yes!

Are the Republicans worse than the Democrats? Yep, but they both suck.

Are Obama and Bush controlled by the same powerful interest groups? Absolutely.

Did Obama hire the same banking thieves who robbed us in the first place to "fix" the problem? Yep. What does that tell us about Obama?

Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God, but feel free to believe what you want. Organized religion is a hoax.

I could go on and on.

I'm sure LWW and his Merry Vipers will trash this thread but check my past posts. I have been consistent in my beliefs.

Gayle in MD
09-15-2010, 10:06 AM
You are very consistant, Hondo.

So is Q.

I'm against staying in Afghanistan, too. I' ve written that here right along.

I was against the war in Vietnam, and I still think it was a tragic mistake, a war which should never have been fought.

I also, don't think either Party is without fault, have said that all along, also, but I agree with you, Republicans are IMO, and by far, much, much worse.

Their attacks on democratic effort for equality in our country, are just so narrow minded, IMO, and only prove racism, and a lack of appreciation for our Constitution, and the promise of our Bill Of Rights. On the economy, their trickle down theories have been proven to be false over and over again.

Yet Reagan and Bush both grew the government, Reagan raised taxes six times, and both of them broke the FEDERAL law, both with impeachabloe offenss, and had high level appointees convicted of Federal crimes, and their own party, with numerousnumer in jail for law breaking, many more would have gone to jail if evidence had not been destroyed, or they hadn't been pardoned, by Bush Sr. and Jr.

Obama was foollish to try so hard to bring Republicans around to reasonable bi-partisan efforts, to solve our critical problems, which they created. I do think wer'e going to see a change on that, now.

Republican deregulation, tax cuts, borrowing, amnesty, corporate cronyism, and subsidies, waar profiteering, all of it was at it's worst in our history during the Bush regime.

Both rEagan and Bush presided over the biggest bail outs in our hisory.

They refuse to admit to any of those facts, and even claim that they were outraged over Bush's deficits, when we know that's a lie.

All new Presidents start out badly, IMO, and they all make mistakes in the beginning, as they grow into the massive responsibilities of the presidency. BUT! I know of no contemporary President, who walked into the mindfield of multi disasters that this one did, nor of any majority who had to take over in the midst of so many disastrous foreign and domestic disasters, as the last Democratic Majority.

Worse than that, my whole adult lifetime, I have never witnessed this degree of radical, dangerous, irresponsible divisionary tactics and blatant racism, which I have seen Republicans inciting since they lost the last two elections.

It is a historical disgrace!

It has ony further confirmed my belief that although Politics is a dirty business, Republicans make it a filthy dirty business.

As for the trolls on here, I don't read anything they write...nor do I intend to do so in the future.

Obama did not have a blank check from his own party, and we know which states they came from, the same states which supported the demise of our economic circumstances, all along.

The vast chasm between the rich and the poor, was the same as it was before the Great Depression....when the economy collapsed, and the biggest failure of the Republican policies, is their economic policies, which always leave a bigger mess for the majoriity of Americans, when they leave, the rich richer, and the poor and middle, having lost ground...

Guns? Not one Democratic that I know of has even mentioned guns, in years and years, other than to speak against the absurdity of wearing them in proximity of the President, and threatening to use them if they lose the election...but we do know that all of the gun companies in those border towns, are selling those guns to the drug cartel.

The last Federal gun control, came under the Brady Bill, a Republican, and was supported by RR, another Republican. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Illegals, yes far too many, and from REagan, through W., none of our presidents have effectively addressed it, and republicans block it every time it comes up for better legislation, and then, we all know how it increased after REagan gave them amnesty.

Just more of their usual BS strawman tactics for fear mongering annd the usual republican denials for all of their own failures.

G.

Deeman3
09-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Hondo,

I agree with you on many of these points. I also agree both parties are corrupt although I have a somewhat dimmer view of the Democrats than you.

I do know no party or side is perfect. A few Democrats give the other 5% a bad name. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
09-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Good post, Gayle. Thanks.

hondo
09-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks, Dee.

pooltchr
09-15-2010, 03:33 PM
While I agree with many of those points, I don't agree that the Reps have displayed the excessive racism you seem to feel they have. In fact, I would submit that many on the left are just as guilty on this subject.

As for amnesty, as I posted in another thread, Harry Reid is working very hard to push through another "path to citizenship for illegals", but I didn't see any comment from you or your friends denouncing his plan.

ya gotta walk the talk.

Steve

LWW
09-16-2010, 03:53 AM
Thanks for confirming that my posts are at an intellectual level which soars above your head like the high clouds on a West Virginia morning.

If you actually could comprehend what flies over your cranium with ease you would realize that I have said they have the right to build the mosque on land they purchased. What confuses you is that I said the state has business in sponsoring this and that Raud isn't the man of peace that the spoon wielders have told you to believe he is ... which you willingly believed.

You would also realize that I have always been in favor of easing US immigration laws and allowing America to continue to draw the best and brightest from the rest of the world. Where you get confused is that the spoon wielders won't allow you to think that a porous border allows not only hard working immigrants, but also drugs and their peddlers along with terrorists and other criminals to come and go with impunity. I'm betting that your handlers have kept hidden from you the spread of beheadings sweeping across America of late.

And lastly, you would realize that I did not support Saddam being deposed in the manner he was and that I have blamed Bush from the start for allowing the insurgency to take hold and for waiting far too long to take appropriate measures.

But ... nobody here thinks you pay attention to anyone not wielding a party approved spoon.

PS - You always accuse me of trying to make you look foolish, and I don't. You do a fine job all by yourself ... I just point it when you do.

LWW