PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Libra cues

08-29-2002, 05:50 PM
I purchased a Libra cue and had it refinished it looks great and hits even better. Can anyone tell me anything about the makers and the cues.(Only paid two bills, I am pretty sure it was a still)
FatSam

08-29-2002, 06:13 PM

08-29-2002, 07:59 PM
"steal"

08-29-2002, 11:06 PM
Fat Sam,
The makers were out of Texas and are not in business anymore. Here is a link to some that I (here at Proficient Billiards) have finished in the past.

<a target="_blank" href=http://proficientbilliards.com/examples/libracue.htm>http://proficientbilliards.com/examples/libracue.htm</a>

Cueless Joey
08-29-2002, 11:40 PM
Libras are junk like South West. I'll trade you Meucci with Red Dot shaft. Let me know.

08-30-2002, 01:17 AM
LOL You sure I don't need to add some cash, that deal seems so lopsided. You crack me up

Cueless Joey
08-30-2002, 01:20 AM
Throw in a Fellini case, it's a done deal. Meucci Red Dot with superbly crafted Meucci butt spin the rock like a yoyo on a string.
You can't miss this offer.
If you have a Kershenbrock, that might be worth a Black Dot.

08-30-2002, 01:27 AM
It's the one at the bottom of the page that you refinished for me and did the work on the spare shaft. I am trying to get more info on this cue (when it was made, what it is worth and such). I love the way this cue plays although my game doesn't do it justice. If anyone has any cues they need refinished; Proficient is the place to send them.
I had some very good offers for this cue but it is a keeper for now. I only shoot with it at home for now and I use a Schon or Pechauer when I play at the local Fast Eddie or Clicks.
If I ever become any good I will probably take it out and give it a try in a local tournament or two. I have been away for so long that it is hard to find my stroke again. That is why I am trying to find a decent instructor in the Austin area.
Fat Sam

08-30-2002, 01:38 AM
I'll see if I can locate one for you.
haha haha
Fat Sam

08-30-2002, 09:17 AM
Fat Sam,

I should have figured that it was one that I had just refinished, because there isn't a whole lot of those Libra's out there to be had. I am glad that everything turned out to your liking on the cue including that second shaft. When and if you decide to sell you can drop me a line if you like.

08-30-2002, 12:39 PM
Will do; if I decide to sell.
FatSam

Rod
08-30-2002, 12:58 PM
That is a good looking cue Sam. Strange how someone who builds a cue that nice looking would be out of business.
Of course it could be health reasons etc. Hum lets see how can I talk you out of that baby!! Masterminding a plot now, /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

08-30-2002, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the compliment but unless you Southwest(or two) I think I will be holding on to this one. The fact that there aren't many available only makes me want to keep it more. It will be a good cue to pass on to my son (or daughter if she show more interest).
FatSam

08-30-2002, 01:06 PM
That was me; thought I was logged in
FatSam