PDA

View Full Version : You Georgians(Grade School Hours)

Sid_Vicious
09-17-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm asking because of a business deal elsewhere(NPR) I'm not a pervert(shut up Dee ;-) What general time would a 6th grader begin the day of classes in Georgia? This dude sold me something on Ebay, said he was a 6th grade teacher and that the package was dropped off at UPS by him, at 0910am but tracking reports that it was delayed shipping until after 1900 tonight. There are facts, after the fact, and I just wonder if that drop off time was bullshit for this seller, a classroom teacher in Georgia, since now the guaranteed delivery is pushed out to Wednesday. I just want to make the guy honest, even though it won't do me a bit of good, except I can avoid him next time, and not give a glorified appraisal. Hey! if people are dishonest, screw them. I'll feel better if I know the truth though. Thanks in advance. Even for those who have kids elsewhere in the deep south, whot time does school actually begin in general? sid

pooltchr
09-18-2010, 05:38 AM
It's possible. If you use a drop location (going to Office Depot or a similar provider, or even to the local UPS STORE which is independently owned and operated), you can drop off a package most any time, but it won't be processed until the UPS driver goes there in the evening to pick up the day's packages.

Steve

sack316
09-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Sid, it varies according to the district, but in general the timeframe for classes starting is anywhere between 8:00-9:30am.

But as Steve said, if he dropped it off at a location such as Office Depot then a UPS driver wouldn't be picking it up until much later. I used to work for OD back in the day, they'd usually pick up around 5:30ish for the most part.

Sack

Deeman3
09-18-2010, 07:40 AM
While Barney Frank is the real expert in young children's schoot start times, he pushed the slow speed zones as he said it was easier check out the young boys when only doing 25, our local school start at 8:00p.m. but the teachers are required to be there by 7:30a.m.

Also, I know you are not a pervert as I have seen you chase women with the best of 'em! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Like me, you just have a problem of what to do with them once you tie them up. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Let us know what comes of this. We can always look to Sid for some interesting stuff!!!

LWW
09-18-2010, 08:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While Barney Frank is the real expert in young children's schoot start times, he pu but the teachers are required to be there by 7:30a.m.</div></div>

Eight hours a day, five days a week, nine months a year ... minus sick days and every holiday known to man for a six figure compensation plan and the ability to retire before age sixty.

Ohhhh ... the humanity!

LWW

Chopstick
09-18-2010, 08:17 AM
<span style="color: #000099">Just wondering Sydney, are you a Ford or GM kind of guy?
</span>

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/595000-595999/595647_106_full.jpg
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
<span style="color: #000099">She's 15 Sydney. What was that don't ask don't tell thing again?

I don't know about you but I like being a dirty old man.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
09-18-2010, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I don't know about you but I like being a dirty old man.[/color] /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

Can we be a little more PC here? It's a "sexy senior citizen", thank you!

Steve

hondo
09-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Neither one of those vehicles looked 15 years old to me. ???????

sack316
09-18-2010, 10:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Also, I know you are not a pervert </div></div>

Dee, on the contrary... I am quite the perverted sicko. Just a different sort than Mr. Frank. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Sid_Vicious
09-18-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm more of a Mits-her-bushy guy ;-) sid

OH and as far as UPS...yea they sat on the box and cost a day of arrival. I'm going to pay extra from USPS from now on. UPS has always been bad. Funny though that Ebay sellers w/free shipping can get me stuff from coast to coast here in Texas, in 3 days or less. Maybe Friday was a bad day to sample for this last package.

Sev
09-19-2010, 05:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While Barney Frank is the real expert in young children's schoot start times, he pushed the slow speed zones as he said it was easier check out the young boys when only doing 25, our local school start at 8:00p.m. but the teachers are required to be there by 7:30a.m.

Also, I know you are not a pervert as I have seen you chase women with the best of 'em! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Like me, you just have a problem of what to do with them once you tie them up. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Let us know what comes of this. We can always look to Sid for some interesting stuff!!! </div></div>

Gentleman thats easy.

As they say in the US postal system.

Lick em and stick em.

So glad I could be service. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Chopstick
09-19-2010, 07:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neither one of those vehicles looked 15 years old to me. ??????? </div></div>

Sir, you just might be a redneck. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

(I thought the Pontiac against the Mustang was pretty lame too.)

Chopstick
09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm more of a Mits-her-bushy guy ;-) sid

OH and as far as UPS...yea they sat on the box and cost a day of arrival. I'm going to pay extra from USPS from now on. UPS has always been bad. Funny though that Ebay sellers w/free shipping can get me stuff from coast to coast here in Texas, in 3 days or less. Maybe Friday was a bad day to sample for this last package. </div></div>

USPS is the absolute worst. I had them lose three packages in the same week. If you do not send it insured you are out of luck. Their tracking is crap. I called the district manager and he said they were all scanned as delivered. He said I can show it to you in the computer. I told him I could email him a picture of my empty mailbox. USPS is crap. I will never do business with them again.

hondo
09-19-2010, 09:40 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
09-20-2010, 03:29 AM
Now that you have seen how efficiently the gubmint runs when compared to FedEx and UPS ... imagine what Obamacare has in store.

LWW

Sev
09-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Well we know the boomers will be the first ones turned into soylent green.