PDA

View Full Version : congrats LWW....

sack316
09-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Your Cincinnati Red Stockings are in firm control of the Central division! Playing well above their experience level currently 6 games up on the practically unanimous division favorite Cardinals.

With their immensely talented young players, I certainly figured them to factor in as a contender in the next 2 or 3 years (so long as they could retain their talent)... but I never woulda picked them higher than 3rd in the Central this year.

Barring a Padre-esque collapse, they definitely stand a chance to sneak up on some folks in the post season. Philly is prone to underachieving at times. Atlanta is overachieving but has a lot of nagging injuries to key players. San Diego is collapsing and not as talented anyway. San Fran has the goods for a 5 game series with their starters, but couldn't hang in a 7 game series (not do I think they can score the runs). Colorado is a possible threat, but may simply be exhausted after this miraculous run should they manage to overtake the west or wild card.

All that said, it is not outside the realm of possibilities to see the Reds in the World Series this year. Regardless of what may happen, those boys have had a helluva season and, as a Cubs fan, I certainly hate to see that roster pestering the division for years to come!

Sack

LWW
09-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Thank you.

I did pick them as a playoff team this year when almost nobody else did.

I'm hoping they can keep the team together, and I think Castellini will try mightily to do just that.

The only age on the team at key spots is at third, and Juan Francisco is another potential superstar in the wings. Pitching should be solid for years, and Harang's contract ending frees up money to hopefully get others signed long term.

My only real gripe with team management is at SS as I truly believe Paul Janish is the best SS on the team and the best defensive SS in the game today.

LWW