PDA

View Full Version : PLEDGE TO AMERICA

LWW
09-24-2010, 03:58 AM
Jobs:
- Stop job-killing tax hikes

- Allow small businesses to take a tax deduction equal to 20 percent of their income

- Require congressional approval for any new federal regulation that would add to the deficit

- Repeal small business mandates in the new health care law.

Cutting Spending:

- Repeal and Replace health care

- Roll back non-discretionary spending to 2008 levels before TARP and stimulus (will save $100 billion in first year alone)

- Establish strict budget caps to limit federal spending going forward

- Cancel all future TARP payments and reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

Reforming Congress:

- Will require that every bill have a citation of constitutional authority

- Give members at least 3 days to read bills before a vote

Defense:

- Provide resources to troops

- Fund missile defense

- Enforce sanctions in Iran

Although I have zero faith in any political party following through on campaign promises without an informed electorate willing and able to hold their feet to the fire ...I at least like the ideas presented.

Hopefully this will be a repeat of the Gingrich congress and will get the nation back on the right path and steered away from the assured destruction of following the Euro-Marxist welfare state agenda.

LWW

pooltchr
09-24-2010, 06:18 AM
If they had been doing this all along, we might not have to be dealing with Obama and friends today.

Unfortunately, I am skeptical. Why is this coming out 6 weeks before an election? Is this an actual plan of action, or political grandstanding designed to garner support in November?

The true test of character is what someone does when nobody is looking. 6 weeks before an election, they all know that everyone is looking.

Steve