PDA

View Full Version : Another Repub "Christian" Southern Minister Outed

Gayle in MD
09-25-2010, 12:19 PM
When will Lindsey Graham and Ron Christie come out of the closet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Pastor Eddie Long, an outspoken opponent of gay marriage, is now being sued by two young men who attended the LongFellows Youth Academy and claim they were lured into trysts with cars, jewelry and cash.

Two other men have made similar accusations -- including one who filed a lawsuit Friday. That lawsuit, provided to The Associated Press, said Long coerced him into a sexual relationship during a trip to Kenya, at one point telling the young man "I will be your dad."

</div></div>

jimmyg
09-25-2010, 12:29 PM
[quote=Gayle in MD] When will Lindsey Graham and Ron Christie come out of the closet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Pastor Eddie Long, an outspoken opponent of gay marriage, is now being sued by two young men who attended the LongFellows Youth Academy and claim they were lured into trysts with cars, jewelry and cash.

Two other men have made similar accusations -- including one who filed a lawsuit Friday. That lawsuit, provided to The Associated Press, said Long coerced him into a sexual relationship during a trip to Kenya, at one point telling the young man "I will be your dad." </div></div>

And you truly believe that the fact that they are republicans makes the acts worse than if they were democrats, or of no party affiliation? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I think the behavior is despictable irrespective of politics. And you, apparently, would approve if the criminals were democrats. Nuts! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

J

hondo
09-25-2010, 08:36 PM
You have a valid point, but your argument will become even stronger when ONE, just ONE, homophobic liberal Democratic , high profile
preacher who is on the bandwagon espousing traditional family values is outed as a hypocrite.

Perhaps the fact that everyone caught so far has turned out to be extreme Right wing Republican has something to do with Gayle's criticism.

pooltchr
09-25-2010, 08:52 PM
No, history shows that Gayle's criticism is generally reserved for republicans for any reason she can find. She is generally the first one to point out anything "bad" that a Republican does, yet will defend democrats for the same behavior.

Obama's religious affiliation is completely insignificant, but O'Donnel's dabbling in wiccan is cause for a lynching.

It is suggested that Boehner had an affair, and who was the first one to jump on the forum to post it? But when Clinton was playing with Monica, her stand was that a politician's sex life should be off limits!

No, I can't buy your theory. She just hates Republicans.

Steve

LWW
09-26-2010, 04:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a valid point, but your argument will become even stronger when ONE, just ONE, homophobic liberal Democratic , high profile
preacher who is on the bandwagon espousing traditional family values is outed as a hypocrite.</div></div>

You mean <span style='font-size: 11pt'>ONE</span> just <span style='font-size: 14pt'>ONE</span> like ... oh ... maybe ... <span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'><u>EDDIE LONG! (http://www.jetjit.com/barack-obamas-jet/)</u></span></span>

Is THAT what you meant?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barack Obama spent part of his Presidential campaign been flying around the country in charter jets and borrowed planes – including this Gulfstream jet owned by Atlanta pastor Eddie Long — while Obama was campaigning for the Democratic nomination for president ...

The Gulfstream carries the tail number N747NB, and according to the FAA the jet is registered to Long Charter Air, LLC – an Atlanta based firm.

Long Charter Air is located at 6400 Woodrow Rd, Lithonia, Georgia – That’s the same address as New Birth Missionary Baptist Church – a large church headed by Bishop Eddie L. Long with over 25,000 members. ...</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Campaign officials for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Roy Barnes say they have canceled a fundraiser that was to be hosted by a pastor at the center of a sexual coercion lawsuit.

Barnes spokesman Emil Runge says the event was canceled Tuesday, when the lawsuit involving two young men was first reported. The campaign would not say Wednesday if the event was scrapped before learning of the allegations against Bishop Eddie Long.

Long is pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, a 25,000-member megachurch near Atlanta. He is one of Barnes’ more prominent black supporters and hosted a fundraiser for the former governor during the Democratic primary.

Long also donated $5,000 to Barnes’ bid.

Runge called the allegations “troubling” but said the campaign wouldn’t comment further until more was known.

The Republican Governors Association is already asking whether Barnes intends to return Long’s campaign donation.</div></div>
EDDIE LONG ... instant republican accoring to those who beg for the party spoon of "TRUTH" each day. (http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2010/09/22/roy-barnes-cancels-an-eddie-long-fundraiser/)

This is where the cabal explains that donating cash and Gulfsteams to demokook candidates is proof positive that they must be republicans.

Don't you folks ever investigate <span style='font-size: 11pt'>anything</span> at all?

And, FWIW, that question was rhetorical ... we all know that you don't dare question the party.

Hoist by thine collectivist petards ... again.

LWW &lt;---Embarrassing leftists since 1980.

LWW
09-26-2010, 05:00 AM
http://imspeakingtruth.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/eddie-and-obama-party.jpg

Eddie Long ... Republican ... that's funny ...

LWW

Gayle in MD
09-26-2010, 06:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a valid point, but your argument will become even stronger when ONE, just ONE, homophobic liberal Democratic, high profile
preacher who is on the bandwagon espousing traditional family values is outed as a hypocrite.

Perhaps the fact that everyone caught so far has turned out to be extreme Right wing Republican has something to do with Gayle's criticism. </div></div>

Dear Hondo,
I doubt there is any validity to anything in his post. I've been here long enough I don't even have to read them, any of them.

In their world, the gross hypocracy of the "Family Values" Republicans, is off limits, while their usual response, BUT CLINTON!!!!! is pertinent, and appropriate, even though it's over a decade, old news, and an act which a whole list of previous Presidents did the same. including Bush One, who was given a pass....yet the journalistic gentlemen's agreement that been the status quo, for decades, was no longer honored, when Gingrich/Rove styled, Republican slander became acceptable.

Of course, I didn't make that rule, either, any more than I would approve of any unfaithful husband or wife. No matter, that is twisted, as well...they know more about my thoughts, than I do, LMAO! Guess that's why they thiink they can read President Obama's mind.

I don't dictate what the media reports, and I'm sure they're yapping about Bill Clinton, as is their usual response when yet another gay bashing Republican, gloating under the farce of "Family Values" to get votes, or another gold laden eligious preacher, USUALLY from the South, basking in Christian pomposity, while making money off bashing homosexuals, hides in the closet as a pedophile, racking in the hard cash every Sunday.

We aren't supposed to discuss any current events or reports of bad Republican policies, or poor behavior. That's off limits! LMAO!

Post something positive about the recovering economy, and they go berzerk! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Redgardless of the source, or documentation, we know it will be denied, and personal attacks will follow.

I am all for gay rights, and as well, repulsed by political or religious leaders who display gross hypocracy....just as I do not approve of adultery by Republicans, or Democratics. While they, OTOH, attack even when there has been proof of pedophilia! Which, BTW in the world of psychology, and resulting from numerous studies, is an entirely different thiing from homosexuality, the documentation for which I have posted here a number of times....in fact, there seems to be a far greater link between pdeophelia and religious fundamentalism, than Pedophelia and Homosexuaolity, particularly the Southern Styled Fundalmentalism, lol...

But as we have seen, over and over, in their world, although reports of these infractions are surely far more prominent among the "Christian" Republican, "Family Values" guys, to the sheep on here, Republican Church leaders, and Republican representatives, are off limits, yet they can harp to the end of time about Clinton, who had an affair with a twenty three year old woman, who had formerely had a years long affair with her married Professor, in College, IOW, not what I'd call Pedophelia, LMAO!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Whatever kind of distortions, truth twisting, and lying, they have to do, they will do, forever, while Democratics, like me, who dare to discuss current news, such as the current econoomic mess we are in right now, due to Republican Policies of George Bush, and the Tom Delay era, which are revealed in CURRENT, recently revealed, studies and documentation, are surely full of hate, LMAO!

These are the views of Knuckle Dragging Neaderthals, the kind of RWers, who would rather see America fail, than succeed, so they insult and deny any good economic reports, they so wish to see our country, and our President, fail, they cannot abide any good information about the recovery.

Hence, as I have said many times., they are a total waste of my time.....

Hence, Total Ignore, is appropriate, since just like the Republican Party, there is never anythinig NEW, just the same ol' sour grapes, denials, skewing of facts, and denials of GROSS Republican hypocracy, bad behavior, and failed policies.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif LOL, Some things never change, even the Neanderthals eventually evolved, but not these sheeple. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Anachronisms.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
09-26-2010, 06:15 AM
EDDIE LONG (http://www.newsmeat.com/religious_political_donations/Eddie_Long.php) donated to Hillary Rodham Clinton (D), Kweisi Mfume (D), Denise Majette (D), Maxine Waters (D), Donzella James (D), Max Cleland (D), Eugene Walker (D), Barack Obama (D),and Roy Barnes (D) .

Meanwhile G desperately clamps down on the spoon out of fear.

LWW

LWW
09-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Will the cabal display that they have the testicular/ovarian requirements to apologize for their smears?

This bump is to give them the chance.

LWW

pooltchr
09-26-2010, 11:41 AM
When has Gayle ever apologized for any of the lies, slander, or personal attacks she has covered this forum with?

I'm thinking she actually BELIEVES the garbage she posts! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

As I have stated in another thread. She will post her crap on here, but hides behind her little "I'm ignoring you" game so she doesn't have to defend her statements. H has started doing the same thing.

They are both chicken s***.

Steve

Sev
09-26-2010, 06:51 PM
There is nothing like raw clam on the half shell.

LWW
09-27-2010, 03:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When has Gayle ever apologized for any of the lies, slander, or personal attacks she has covered this forum with?

I'm thinking she actually BELIEVES the garbage she posts! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

As I have stated in another thread. She will post her crap on here, but hides behind her little "I'm ignoring you" game so she doesn't have to defend her statements. H has started doing the same thing.

They are both chicken s***.

Steve </div></div>

All I can do is give them the opportunity to repent ... I can't soften their cold hardened hearts.

All I can do is show them the truth ... they must willingly release their 2 handed grip on the lie.

All I can do is hold a mirror for them to view their own foolishness ... it requires their effort to open their eyes and view it, no matter how horrifying it might be.

I take no solace in knowing that they have read this thread and yet cling so desperately to their own lies ... allowing their vain egos to block them from making amends for their mudslinging and willing blindness.

I find it revealing that both of them will condone predatory homosexuality and intercontinental pedophilia so long as it supports the agenda of dearest leader and the party.

LWW

LWW
09-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Merely bumping this back to the top to evidence the fact that the far left tolerates buggery of young men by predatory gays so long as they support candidates with (D) following their name on the ballot.

How pathetically pitiful is that.

No matter how low the bar is set they find a way to slither beneath it.

LWW

Gayle in MD
09-28-2010, 08:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a valid point, but your argument will become even stronger when ONE, just ONE, homophobic liberal Democratic , high profile

Perhaps the fact that everyone caught so far has turned out to be extreme Right wing Republican has something to do with Gayle's criticism. </div></div>

http://www.blackcommentator.com/171/171_guest_smith_coretta.html
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bishop" Eddie Long, in whose New Birth Baptist Church in Lithonia, Georgia where Mrs. King's funeral was held is typical of the increasing number of money driven Black preachers. It is a cruel irony that the funeral was held in Long's church rather than Ebenezer where Coretta Scott King was a member, where Dr. King was pastor and where his funeral was held.

Preacher Eddie Long is the very antithesis of what Dr. King and his wife, Coretta, stood for. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>In 2004, Bishop Long led a demonstration in Atlanta to the tomb of Dr. King to protest a woman's right to choose and to denounce the right of individuals to marry persons of the same sex. Among the thousands of supporters who marched with preacher Long was Dr. King's daughter, Bernice, a minister at New Birth.</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">And also a Republican supporter, BTW. </span>

Instead of the social justice and freedom advocated by the Kings, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>preacher Long endorses the conservative mandates of the Republican government.</span>

Coretta Scott King opposed the march, and reaffirmed her stance for human rights and social justice.

"Bishop" T.D. Jakes, whose mega church in Dallas has a reputed congregation of 30,000 members, and who sells "blessings" for $50, $500 or whatever larger sum he can persuade, was also a speaker at Mrs. King's funeral, though his brief words were hollow, unlike the bombastic oratory for which he is well known.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Like Bishop Long, Bishop Jakes is a friend and supporter of President Bush and the Republican government's Project for a New American Century.</span><span style='font-size: 20pt'>. . .
Bernice King and the Republican Party sought to control the funeral discourse, denying the likes of civil rights veterans Jesse Jackson, John Lewis and Reverend C.T. Vivian the opportunity to speak, as well as preventing Reverend Al Sharpton and Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, in whose district the funeral was held, from speaking and - the unkindest cut of all - disinviting Harry Belafonte who marched with Dr. King, who gave large amounts of money and who consoled Coretta Scott King when her husband was assassinated, </span>nevertheless the truth was heard. As Dr. King said many times, "Truth crushed to earth shall rise again." And truth did emerge from the mouth of President Jimmy Carter who underscored the present controversy of wiretapping American citizens by reminding the mourners of FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover's wiretapping of Dr. King, whom he had threatened with disclosure of intimate information. President Carter was the only one of the four presidents who spoke of the government's mishandling of the Katrina tragedy, and he stated that the nation has not yet "achieved equal opportunity for all Americans." And truth emerged from Reverend Joseph Lowery, co-founder with Dr. King of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, who said there were no weapons of mass destruction and that Coretta Scott King had criticized that money spent for the war should have been spent to fight poverty in America. And truth came from the poetry of Maya Angelou who made a point of saluting Harry Belafonte. The truth was told.

.[/size] <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Instead of the social justice and freedom advocated by the Kings, preacher Long endorses the conservative mandates of the Republican government. Coretta Scott King opposed the march, and reaffirmed her stance for human rights and social justice.</span>
"Bishop" T.D. Jakes, whose mega church in Dallas has a reputed congregation of 30,000 members, and who sells "blessings" for $50, $500 or whatever larger sum he can persuade, was also a speaker at Mrs. King's funeral, though his brief words were hollow, unlike the bombastic oratory for which he is well known. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Like Bishop Long, Bishop Jakes is a friend and supporter of President Bush and the Republican government's Project for a New American Century.
. . .</span>

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">As I stated, Long is a REPUBLICAN, who supported George Bush in the 2000 and 2004, elections. He also got mega buckks from Bush's "Faith Based Initiatives" the new way that the Republican Party has found to buy the money hungry neo's of Dr. King's followers.

The amount of twisting and irrelevant BS that SOME people on this forum use, out of context, to pretend that they are aware of the facts, is truly laughable!

It's really a wasted of time to bother reading anything they write...none of it is ever accurate, and their usual self annointed proclaimations of winning any debate, .are beynd ridiculous.

G.</span>

LWW
09-28-2010, 10:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He also got mega buckks from Bush's "Faith Based Initiatives"

G.[/color] </div></div>

And there was the end of the "REPUBICANISM" of Eddie Long.

To believe G's tall tale one must believe that:

- (R) senator Chuck Grassley initiated an investigation of Eddie Long in 2007 because Eddie Long was a republican.

- Eddie Long donated use of his personal jet to Barack Obama's campaign because Eddie Long was a republican.

- Eddie Long held an inaugural ball for Obama because Eddie Long was a republican.

- Eddie Long donated to Hillary Rodham Clinton (D), Kweisi Mfume (D), Denise Majette (D), Maxine Waters (D), Donzella James (D), Max Cleland (D), Eugene Walker (D), Barack Obama (D),and Roy Barnes (D) because Eddie Long was a republican.

- Eddie Long donated to democrats at over a 5.5 to 1 ratio over republicans because Eddie Long was a republican.

How deep down the doublethink illogic hole does one have to be buried in order to believe this to be the case?

LWW

LWW
09-28-2010, 11:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Homosexuality. Ok, so I've got your attention. So here we are with yet another religious scandal on our hands and it makes us wonder how does politics come into play here? <span style='font-size: 11pt'>This time, the alleged culprit is not the traditional white-Republican</span>, this time it is a black religious leader who despite <span style='font-size: 11pt'>supporting Barack Obama in the 2008 election</span> is characterized as one of the most powerful homophobes of our time. Confused? ...

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Eddie Long is a staunch Democrat was quoted as saying after Barack Obama won the 2008 Presidential election, "This is a century of prayers answered."</span> ...

On the most objective level, we should not care that Ted Haggard had sexual relations with a man. We should not care "IF" Eddie Long did were. What we should care about is that both men preached anger and hostility towards homosexuals and were hypocrites. We should care that while some of their parishioners are worried about their next meal these men lived and are living (in the case of Long) lavish lifestyles. We should care about a lot of things other than ones sexual preference.

Eddie Long deserves his day in court. Ted Haggard may be a good man on some levels but his beliefs have held many down. The lesson to be learned from these scandals is that no matter what race, political affiliation or socio-economic status we fall into, bigotry is alive and well and that is the saddest scandal of all. </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'>OH MY! (http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-lansing/ted-haggard-and-eddie-long-what-right-and-what-s-left)</span></span>

Some of us see Eddie Long as a hater and hypocrite and react accordingly.

Some couldn't wait to be bothered by the facts and chose to leap to a hyper partisan rant of baseless accusations against the "OTHER" party.

Those people were predicted by Orwell 62+ years ago.

LWW

Deeman3
09-28-2010, 03:10 PM
I thought there were no black Republicans, if you don't count Colin Powell, and most don't as he voted for Obama.

I think he is a confirmed member of the Tailgating Party, if anything.

Gayle in MD
09-28-2010, 03:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought there were no black Republicans, if you don't count Colin Powell, and most don't as he voted for Obama.

I think he is a confirmed member of the Tailgating Party, if anything. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">He's a Republican, who supported George Bush, AND The Project For The New American Century, and was a Bushie, in both of W's elections, and being the Sara Palin Styled, star quality, opportunist that he is, and, as are all of these religious leaders, who sit on their asses and feed their faces, on the contributions of their sheep, he is a colossal lying fake, and ultimnate opportunist!

Why does that ring a bell??????????

If any organization would be believable, on this matter, it would be the one I have quoted. I don't troll the net until I can find some obscure irrelevant fact, from a former time, and then twist it into some fantasy version of believable truth, just another set of propagannda claims, that were twisted.

Go pull your head out, LWW! </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

LWW
09-28-2010, 06:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">I don't troll the net until I can find some obscure irrelevant fact, from a former time, and then twist it into some fantasy version of believable truth, just another set of propagannda claims, that were twisted.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

Actually that's exactly what you did ... OTOH my ultimate source is the Federal Elections Commission and his demokook support is as recent as this election cycle and it is overwhelmingly in support of demokooks.

Show some ovarian fortitude and woman up ... you leapt to claim he was a republichicken solely on the basis of hyperpartisan hatred, and everyone knows it.

What's really amazing is that ... other than to a hyperpartisan hater ... it really doesn't matter. He's a predatory boy buggerer that abuses the poor, the naive, and the uneducated to live a Caligula like lifestyle.

I can say that about his type regardless of party affiliation ... you can't.

Deal with it sweetie.

LWW

hondo
09-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Let's give them Eddie Long, Gayle. ONE. BF deal.

Gayle in MD
09-29-2010, 01:01 AM
Long is a Republican, my friend.
O'Donnell, the Wiccan, also a Republican, my friend.
Angle, the nutjob, Rrepublican.
Bachmann, Republican
Now McConnell, is blocking investigations into BP's negligence and lies.
Boehner, one of the biggest drunks in Washington, and finally, the truth about his mistress, surfacing.

The little sheep, can't stand the facts, so they attack, and one of them, is completely delusional, while the other is just down home ignorant. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Our vicious resident attackers always behave the same way whenever facts they don't like, are highlighted.... personal attacks follow when they don't like the news, only shows their gross hypocracy.

G.

LWW
09-29-2010, 02:55 AM
Dearest, you remind me of a phrase that an old alcoholic turned evangelist once turned in my presence ... "You can tell the sins of the preacher by the sins they preach against!"

This applies to both Eddie Long and yourself.

LWW