PDA

View Full Version : What Are "Your" Plans for the Long Weekend ?

Doctor_D
08-30-2002, 04:45 AM
Good morning:

The last official weekend of Summer is upon us and yes, as always, the Summer has once again flown by like a whirlwind. I for one, never being able to endure the HOT weather, am looking forward to the cooler weather which Fall will usher in.

As far as this weekend is concerned, it will be a mixed bag of a local "Open" 9 Ball Tournament, a picnic with my folks on Sunday and, hoepfully, lots of R&R on Monday.

/ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

Oh how time flies when you are burried in work and having fun at the Billiard Room...

/ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

Dr. D.

Karatemom
08-30-2002, 05:38 AM
Hello Dr. D. I've been so busy with work and volunteer work that I almost forgot about it being a 3 day weekend. I will probably watch the tournament in East Moline this weekend and practice a little both days. Do some housework and yardwork while the weather is still nice. Then probably spend some time with my dad on Monday. No major plans, just simple.

Heide

08-30-2002, 06:08 AM
Finally, some time off work. I haven't had a day off since the 4th of July, and Memorial Day before that. I've got to get the insulation installed on my garage/pool room door and do some yard work. After that it's R&R for me. Having no plans sounds like a great plan to me.

Enjoy your weekend!

rackmup
08-30-2002, 06:55 AM
I have the good fortune of turning a three day weekend into a four day mini-vacation. My plans?

<ul type="square"> Move
Unpack
Organize
Relax
Relax again
Play a little 9-ball
Relax, yet again
Sleep in a bed
Buy MY own groceries
BBQ some venison
Go to church
Hook up the new computer and chat with y'all
Relax
[/list]

Regards,

Ken (mere hours from the beginning of something new)

phil in sofla
08-30-2002, 07:27 AM
Status quo ante, except staying out later on Sunday, sleeping in on Monday, and probably starting the Monday evening pool time in the afternoon. Maybe a little light shopping would be in order.

08-30-2002, 08:35 AM
See as much of the Texas 9-ball open as possible. Then dove hunt. Sunday is opening day of our season. I also turned this into a four day weekend.

Jerry S.

Doctor_D
08-30-2002, 08:36 AM
Good morning;

Wing Shooting, I have not done that in centuries !!!!

Dr. D.

08-30-2002, 08:42 AM
Where is the open being held?
FatSam

Sid_Vicious
08-30-2002, 08:55 AM
"Oh how time flies when you are burried in work and having fun at the Billiard Room... "

The trick is keeping one out of the other...that's my plan for this weekend...sid

SPetty
08-30-2002, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: fatsam:</font><hr> Where is the open being held?<hr></blockquote>You're in luck, fatsam. It's in Round Rock. Check out this post with all the info, courtesy of Shayla:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=31393&amp; page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=

Kato
08-30-2002, 11:00 AM
I plan to buy my neice a baseball glove, she loves playing catch with her Dad and her Favorite Uncle Kato. She even has her own softball uniform. I also plan on passing a couple of kidney stones. I think pool is out of the question.

Kato~~~ouch

Karatemom
08-30-2002, 11:46 AM
Enjoy yourself Ken. You deserve it.

08-30-2002, 05:37 PM
Thanks, I only live one exit form G-Que. I should have known where it was being held, I was there last year for the first time and met quite a few nice people in the stands.I spend my little time out at Fast Eddie's up I -35. I now work second shift(layed off and only been working again for a month)and probably can't get off but I will be at the finals on Sunday.
FatSam

Voodoo Daddy
08-30-2002, 06:13 PM
Work, sleep, eat, run out, sleep, eat, run out and sleep, eat, run out until Wednesday night when I go back to the grind...just like all my days off, HAHAHAHAHA!!

Rod
08-30-2002, 06:25 PM
Well I was going to defensive driving school, exciting huh?
It seems the cop and I did not agree on the speed, however he had the gun, radar gun that is. I found out today the class is booked, oh well I'll do something. BTW it is still well over 100 here.

bluewolf
08-31-2002, 07:18 AM
unpacking boxes
setting up our pool table
practicing what scott lee taught us
playing with our dogs
doing something fun with rays daughter who at 9 is a natural for pool.

bluewolf

Barbara
08-31-2002, 07:32 AM
The weather has cleared and the sky is totally devoid of clouds and a beautiful blue.

The "Out-Laws" are coming in for the weekend next week so I have to clean up the house a bit and help finish up the back bedroom.

Then we're going sailing!!!

Oh, and I'm checking the web cam at D&amp;D Family Billiards to see how my fave player is doing in the PA State 14.1 Championships! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif!

Barbara~~~Spetty should just mail the 20 bucks now, she has no chance... heh heh heh....

08-31-2002, 08:45 AM
Diana, when one's life is owning / running a pool room and grill there are no weekends's. All the days blend together - the same routine day after day, 14 hours a day. No, it's really not that bad if you love the game, and I'm sure there may be some posters out there who wouldn't mind trading places. Occasionally I get an opportunity to play some with a customer or a roadie.

The next thing I'm looking forward to on my agenda is a possible practice session with a good player early next week. The following week Randy G is coming up early to spend a few days playing golf before his Cue-tech pool school here which starts on the 13th. Hopefully we'll get in some good 9-ball sessions before the students arrive, as he can't play golf after dark! I think I'll be smart enough to stay away from his game of 8-ball.

Also looking forward to getting in our new Gabriel's tables sometime in late September - although depending on the timing of when they arrive (on a slow boat from Europe) it may possibly interfere or even cancel Drayton's and my plans to attend the men's U.S. Open. - Chris in NC

rackmup
08-31-2002, 08:55 AM
The move has been delayed by one day...I will begin loading boxes and begin moving Sunday and will continue until the wee hours of Monday morning if I have to!

Ahh...the joy of uninterrupted ESPN...
My own bed...
Home-cooked food...

Regards,

Ken

bluewolf
08-31-2002, 02:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> The move has been delayed by one day...I will begin loading boxes and begin moving Sunday and will continue until the wee hours of Monday morning if I have to!

Ahh...the joy of uninterrupted ESPN...
My own bed...
Home-cooked food...

Regards,

Ken <hr></blockquote>

and dogs...

bluewolf

preacherman
08-31-2002, 11:47 PM
Sounds like a great weekend to me.
Hope it goes smoothly with setting up
the pool table. Isn't it great to have
a table at home :-)

Have fun with the family and be blessed of the LORD!

Jim

bluewolf
09-01-2002, 09:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: preacherman:</font><hr> Sounds like a great weekend to me.
Hope it goes smoothly with setting up
the pool table. Isn't it great to have
a table at home :-)

Absolutely!!! Then I can practice the stuff scott taught me and work on drills and invite people to my house for pool and fellowship

bluewolf

Have fun with the family and be blessed of the LORD!

Jim <hr></blockquote>

PoolFool
09-01-2002, 11:55 AM
Ken, I would help you move except: My 28 year old son, Danny, was doing a wheelie on his Ducatti Fri. about 7 p.m.
on Geo. Bush Toll Rd. and the swing arm broke. He hit the concrete at about 80 mph. He's ok. Nothing broken. Just sore and missing a little skin. But, I've got to get him home from the hospitle and and do some nursing for a few days. I want to play you again soon. Once you get settled
maybe we can hook up.

PoolFool

09-03-2002, 11:01 AM
My plans were: Go to Spokane for a big regional 9-ball tournament.

My plans became: Stay in bed sick for 4 days. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif