PDA

View Full Version : IT'S OFFICIAL ...

LWW
09-26-2010, 04:57 AM
The dems campaign strategy is slime, lies, and the politics of personal destruction ... just as it has been since the 1970's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 26pt'>Democrats' strategy: Start slinging</span>

Negative advertisements have hit the airwaves early as Democratic candidates fight to preserve the party's congressional majority.

By JEFF ZELENY, New York Times

WASHINGTON -- Democratic candidates across the country are opening a fierce offensive of negative advertisements against Republicans, using lawsuits, tax filings, reports from the Better Business Bureau and even divorce proceedings to try to discredit their opponents and save their congressional majority.

Opposition research and attack advertising are deployed in almost every election, but these biting ads are coming far earlier than ever before, according to party strategists. The campaign has intensified in the past two weeks as early voting begins in several states and as vulnerable incumbents try to fight off an onslaught of influences by outside groups.

As they struggle to break through with economic messages, many Democrats are deploying the fruits of a yearlong investigation into the business and personal histories of Republican candidates in an effort to plant doubts about them and avoid having races become a national referendum on the performance of President Obama and his party. ...

"Our strongest piece of opposition research on Democrats is their voting records," said Rep. Pete Sessions of Texas, chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee. " ...

A debate has broken out among some Democratic officials about the effectiveness -- or wisdom -- of running such pointedly negative advertisements with five weeks remaining in the campaign.

But party strategists said candidates did not have the luxury of waiting until the final stretch to go negative, particularly if the goal is to localize the races. ...

So far, many Republican candidates are defending themselves but not taking the bait by starting their own offensives.<span style='font-size: 14pt'> A review of television advertisements presented since Labor Day showed that the Republicans were basing theirs almost entirely on the records of Democrats on health care, the economic stimulus package and the first vote the Democrats cast when Congress convened in 2009: for making Nancy Pelosi speaker of the House.</span> ...</div></div>

IMAGINE THAT! (http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/103795059.html?page=1&c=y)

Sadly, there is absolutely nothing surprising here.

H/G/S ... this is where you declare the New York Times to be a right wing nut blog.

LWW

llotter
09-26-2010, 08:23 AM
No need to sling mud when you have such a great record to run on. It is all to obvious that the voters have not been paying attention and need only to be enlighten. There is no reason for a Democrat to run away from his voting record when he should take pride in all that they have accomplished.

Sen. Kerry nailed it when he said, “We have an electorate that doesn’t always pay that much attention to what’s going on so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or the truth or what’s happening,” Yes, the Left need only to shed the nuance and lower their rhetoric to a lever the common voters can understand and they will see all the good we have done to them...and be so grateful.

Stretch
09-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Usualy i don't respond to your worthless drivel but today is your lucky day. When it comes to mud slinging the Republicans take a back seat to knowone. Here is a hanky, when you stop crying about the negative advertizing dry your crocodile eyes and suck it up. It will get worse before it gets better. That's the election way. St

LWW
09-26-2010, 08:48 AM
You mean like accusing Eddie Long of being a republican?

LWW

hondo
09-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Stretch, please do not feed the trolls.
Nothing infuriates a troll more than those they
attack refusing to directly respond to them.

It is amusing how they continue to respond to my every
post even though I have not responded to them in 2 weeks.

And the insults get more and more intense.
Steve's latest rant in which he calls me everything from stupid to a girly boy to a 13 year old would have gotten me tossed in a heartbeat if I had posted that.

The fact that I refuse to grovel in the mud with them is driving them mad with bloodlust.

Okay, clan, time to dig up my old posts. Right? Is that not your next predictable move? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
09-26-2010, 11:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stretch, please do not feed the trolls.

Steve's latest rant in which he calls me everything from stupid to a girly boy to a 13 year old would have gotten me tossed in a heartbeat if I had posted that.

The fact that I refuse to grovel in the mud with them is driving them mad with bloodlust.

Okay, clan, time to dig up my old posts. Right? Is that not your next predictable move? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

speaking of trolls.....how ya doin', honduh??????

Steve

Stretch
09-26-2010, 03:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stretch, please do not feed the trolls.

Okay, clan, time to dig up my old posts. Right? Is that not your next predictable move? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Too true Hondo. Since the Right wing hate mongers have total immunity here it's pointless to stoop to their level even if it's the only thing they understand. St.

Sev
09-26-2010, 06:49 PM
I find a good back rub relaxing.