PDA

View Full Version : Colbert in front of Congress....

eg8r
09-27-2010, 07:28 AM
So what was everyone's opinion?

My opinion is that Dems made a giant waste of time bringing him in front of the committee, but I did think he was funny.

eg8r

Chopstick
09-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Then they all went on TV saying how his answers were inappropriate. They asked him to appear "in character" and he did. He didn't put on the show they wanted so now are dissing him.

Deeman3
09-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Well, I would jump on the banwagon to slam the Dems for this but he is probably the most intellegent guy they have hjad there in a while.

At least they were not passing other legislation while doing this. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
09-27-2010, 02:33 PM
I agree, at least he kept them from spending any more money. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I love watching Colbert and Jon Stewart. I never agree with their politics but I do find them funny. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
09-27-2010, 02:40 PM
His line about the dems joining the ranks of the unemployed after November was worth the price of the ticket as far as I am concerned.

And yes, anytime congress isn't sticking it to us with new legislation should be considered a good thing.

Steve

Qtec
09-28-2010, 03:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I would jump on the banwagon to slam the Dems for this but <span style='font-size: 14pt'>he is probably the most intellegent guy they have hjad there in a while.</span>

At least they were not passing other legislation while doing this. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I also agree.
I thought he made his point well. The reason why Fox , GOPers, fake Dems etc attack him and not his testimony, is because his satire exposed their hypocrisy and they didn't like it.

The simple fact is Americans are not willing to do this kind of labour for the money they pay. As Colbert points out this is hard physical labour often under extreme conditions.

Surely Capitalism dictates that they raise the wages to attract workers.

Eh..........No.

They import cheap labour from Mexico.

I loved it. Could you see anyone on that panel working a week on one of these farms?

Q

LWW
09-28-2010, 03:47 AM
Tell us, in your own words, what it was about his testimony that you liked?

LWW

Qtec
09-28-2010, 03:55 AM
If you kicked out all the illegal immigrants tomorrow,<span style='font-size: 20pt'> the USA would grind to a halt.</span>

Is that clear enough for you?
Do I have to keep explaining things to you? The IQ KING?

Q

LWW
09-28-2010, 04:10 AM
I googled that quote and couldn't find where Colbert ever stated that before congress?

Have a link with a direct quote?

Then, do you actually believe that ... even if he did say it?

LWW

Qtec
09-28-2010, 04:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I googled that quote and couldn't find where Colbert ever stated that before congress?

Have a link with a direct quote?

Then, do you actually believe that ... even if he did say it?

LWW </div></div>

Ok, I am now finished with you because you have the brain of an ant. You are so dumb you can contradict yourself in the space of minutes and set it on record for all to see.

Let me explain, call your Mom.

Is she there?

Ok, I will continue.

YOU said this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell us, <span style='font-size: 26pt'>in your own words,</span> what it was about his testimony that you liked?

LWW </div></div>

I replied, <span style='font-size: 26pt'>in my own words,</span> ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you kicked out all the illegal immigrants tomorrow, the USA would grind to a halt.<span style="color: #CC0000"> Its called a summary, </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #3333FF">sum·ma·ry
a comprehensive and usually brief abstract, recapitulation, or compendium of previously stated facts or statements.</span>
</div></div>

</div></div>

Is that clear enough for you? Obviously not because you came back with this BS,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>I googled that quote and couldn't find where Colbert ever stated that before congress?

Have a link with a direct quote?</span>
</div></div>

Moron.

Q

LWW
09-28-2010, 05:16 AM
IOW it seems that you can't find a quote, that he didn't say that, and that you never actually watched it ... yet you will with rudeness and arrogance regurgitate party line spoon fed pap.

LWW &lt;---Unsurprised.

Stretch
09-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Q, well done. LWW is staggering around the ring in a daze wondering what the hell hit him! LMFAO. TKO! St.

Qtec
09-28-2010, 08:13 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Thanks Stretch /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif.

Q...........

Deeman3
09-28-2010, 08:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I would jump on the banwagon to slam the Dems for this but <span style='font-size: 14pt'>he is probably the most intellegent guy they have hjad there in a while.</span>

At least they were not passing other legislation while doing this. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I also agree.
I thought he made his point well. The reason why Fox , GOPers, fake Dems etc attack him and not his testimony, is because his satire exposed their hypocrisy and they didn't like it.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I think his satire exposed all of the hypocracy on both sides in this debate. The point is we need the cheap labor as many will not do this type work at almost any price. We all have become soft, relative to the rest of the working world. </span>

The simple fact is Americans are not willing to do this kind of labour for the money they pay. As Colbert points out this is hard physical labour often under extreme conditions.

Surely Capitalism dictates that they raise the wages to attract workers.

Eh..........No.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes, but like automotive in the North, the economics won't support common labor at inflated costs, again relative the rest of the planet. You can pay $55 an hour to pick beans but still Mexicans will be picking most of them. We need a fairer system for these workers that rewards them with decent wages, some path to becoming citizens as well. It is probably not politicaly possible and not just because of the right. </span>

They import cheap labour from Mexico.

I loved it. Could you see anyone on that panel working a week on one of these farms?

Q

<span style="color: #FF0000"> No, and how many of them have underpaid Mexican housekeepers at home? Most. </span>

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">It is a very difficult issue that is much easier to squabble over for the politicians than to fix. </span>

Gayle in MD
09-28-2010, 09:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q, well done. LWW is staggering around the ring in a daze wondering what the hell hit him! LMFAO. TKO! St. </div></div>

LWW is a joke!

Bishop" T.D. Jakes, whose mega church in Dallas has a reputed congregation of 30, 000 members, and who sells "blessings" for $50, $500 or whatever larger sum he can persuade, was also a speaker at Mrs. King's funeral, though his brief words were hollow, unlike the bombastic oratory for which he is well known. Like Bishop Long, Bishop Jakes is a friend and supporter of President Bush and the Republican government's Project for a New American Century. Simply stated, PNAC is a plan conceived by powerful white Republicans in the early 1990s for the United States to control the world. PNAC's creators included Richard Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Jeb Bush.

He never knows what he's talking about!