PDA

View Full Version : Republican's Invited Elmo To Testify In 02

Gayle in MD
09-27-2010, 10:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">April 23, 2002

In what may be the first appearance of a Muppet before a congressional committee, "Sesame Street" favorite Elmo donned his best suit and tie and took his cause to Capitol Hill.The red furry friend to toddlers everywhere gave evidence before the Education Appropriations Subcommittee to urge more spending on music research and musical instruments for school programs.But why was this issue so close to the red-furry heart of the oft-tickled one, who's only 3?

His mission was to ensure that "when Elmo goes to school, there will be the instruments to play," he explained before joining Joe Lamond, head of an international trade association of musical instrument makers, in the committee room.
</div></div>

LMAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

sack316
09-27-2010, 11:12 AM
I'd give Elmo and Colbert (in or out of character) a shot before I vote back in 99% of these jokers that do this work daily! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

pooltchr
09-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Well, since the OP provided no link to the source of this article, we are left to guess where it came from. And, contrary to the thread title, there is no mention as to who, or which party, actually extended the invitation.

Of course, Matt Laur on the Today show invited a clown to talk about education for 30 uninterrupted minutes.

Oh, wait! That was Obama!

Steve

LWW
09-27-2010, 05:18 PM
He was invited by Duke Cunningham to speak on a budgetary issue and not on a social issue.

Elmo was also polite and to the point, versus the latest rude moonbat on display.

LWW

eg8r
09-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Is this your way of saying you agree the Dems wasted their time and our taxpayers money by inviting Colbert to speak?

eg8r

LWW
09-28-2010, 02:31 AM
It is her way of attempting another quite lame moral equivalence argument.

A (D) invites Colbert to testify who then tries to enter his colonoscopy as evidence and ramble foolishly... a (R) invites Elmo to make a short and to the point statement on funding for education.

It's the same thing ... <span style='font-size: 11pt'>why can't you see that?</span>

What's that?

You haven't had your Kool Ade?

LWW

Qtec
09-28-2010, 04:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, since the OP provided no link to the source of this article, we are left to guess where it came from. </div></div>

Only if you are brain dead.

Took me 1.3 secs to link to this page.

LINK (http://www.google.nl/search?q=%22Sesame+Street%22+favorite+Elmo+donned+ his+best+suit+and+tie+and+took+his+cause+to+Capito l+Hill.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&client=firefox-a)

LINK (http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/042302.shtml)

Its really not that difficult to find.

Q ....don't you feel a bit silly now?

LWW
09-28-2010, 05:17 AM
A scant 11+ hours after I informed you.

BRAVO Q!

LWW

Qtec
09-28-2010, 05:36 AM
Are you so delusional that you think we all hang on your every word=

Q....... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

LWW
09-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Actually you hang by your own words ... that's why I find you so entertaining.

LWW

Chopstick
09-28-2010, 06:12 AM
Well, I think this gives us all insight into what kind of people we have in congress.

Who's next, Elvira?

Gayle in MD
09-28-2010, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I think this gives us all insight into what kind of people we have in congress.

Who's next, Elvira? </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Is she one of the Tea Party Candidates? Wow, how did I miss that! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

pooltchr
09-28-2010, 07:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, since the OP provided no link to the source of this article, we are left to guess where it came from. </div></div>

Only if you are brain dead.

Took me 1.3 secs to link to this page.

LINK (http://www.google.nl/search?q=%22Sesame+Street%22+favorite+Elmo+donned+ his+best+suit+and+tie+and+took+his+cause+to+Capito l+Hill.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&client=firefox-a)

LINK (http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/042302.shtml)

Its really not that difficult to find.

Q ....don't you feel a bit silly now? </div></div>

Not at all. I figured that was 1.3 seconds of my life that I shouldn't waste researching her posts. History shows that what she posts is usually insignificant anyway.

Steve

Qtec
09-28-2010, 07:10 AM
You donīt take 1.3 secs to check any of LWWīs posts either! His you believe, Gayleīs you donīt.
So much for open mindedness.

Why should anyone listen to a single word you say when you admit all you do is regurgitate RW lies and gossip and you NEVER check anything out.

Personally, I check out a story before I post it just to make sure I donīt look like a dork like you and LWW.

.....but thatīs just me.

Q

Sev
09-28-2010, 07:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I think this gives us all insight into what kind of people we have in congress.

Elivira is still hot.

http://www.elvira.com/about/cassandra.html

Hmmmm. Wonder if she is on facebook??

Sev
09-28-2010, 07:29 AM
She is.

http://www.facebook.com/ElviraMistressofthedarkofficial?v=wall

Gayle in MD
09-28-2010, 08:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You donīt take 1.3 secs to check any of LWWīs posts either! His you believe, Gayleīs you donīt.

Why should anyone listen to a single word you say when you admit all you do is regurgitate RW lies and gossip and you NEVER check anything out.

Personally, I check out a story before I post it just to make sure I donīt look like a dork like you and LWW.

.....but thatīs just me.

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Q, this might be the best summary you've ever written!!!!</span>
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

.....but thatīs just me.

Q </div></div>

You may need to reconsider your methods. Obviously, what you are doing hasn't accomplished your stated goal.

Steve

sack316
09-28-2010, 10:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I think this gives us all insight into what kind of people we have in congress.

Elivira is still hot.

http://www.elvira.com/about/cassandra.html

Hmmmm. Wonder if she is on facebook?? </div></div>

My Dad used to be head of maintenance for Spectrum/7-11 service stations around here. When I was younger, he brought me home the life size display of her for when she was doing commercials for one of the beer companies. Best gift ever!

Sack

LWW
09-28-2010, 11:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You donīt take 1.3 secs to check any of LWWīs posts either! His you believe, Gayleīs you donīt.

.....but thatīs just me.

Q </div></div>

It usually takes me about 1.3 seconds to prove you wrong ... just by reading your own links.

But, that's just me ... I read things instead of looking like Q.

LWW