PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Contributed 1 million to Republican's

Gayle in MD
09-29-2010, 05:14 AM
So Fox has contributed a million dollars to the Republican Governor's Association!

Guess this should end the questions and arguments about whether or not Fox is actually a Republican Propaganda organization.

Some of us already knew that, but perhaps, Fox has finally decided to admit it publically.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Four of the likely 2012 Republican Presidential contenders, are already paid Fox contributors.

Gee, why don't they just move the whole channel into the Capital, the White House, and all other government agencies? Take over the Pentagon, the Senate Office Building, etc., make the whole thing official, Rupert Murdoch, runs the country.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

G.

LWW
09-29-2010, 05:18 AM
So does this also prove that MSNBC is a tool of the demo<span style='font-size: 11pt'>crook</span> ... in deference to your request that I no longer use the term "DEMOKOOK" ... party?

Can you for once set aside your hyperpartisan hate?

I'm giving you many, many chances.

LWW

sack316
09-29-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm sure some more will be donated to democrats, as over the course of the year 57% of FOX's contributions have been to... Democrats!

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.php?strID=C00330019

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pacgot.php?cmte=C00330019&cycle=2010

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thus far in 2010, News Corp's PAC has given out $144,700, with 57% going to Democrats.

In 2008, they gave out $242,850, with 53% going to Democrats.

In 2006 they gave out $256,000, with just 40% going to Democrats. </div></div>

Obviously the above was PRIOR to the eye popping $1 million take... but history shows the money goes to whoever is in power. The last 2 cycles, FOX has given more to Democrats. The cycle previous, more to republicans.

Sack

Deeman3
09-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Kinda puts the brakes on this revelation, does it not?

As the fly-by posts continue and the stepped up critique by Obama of Fox, their ratings keep improving and the poll numbers keep dropping for Obama.

I guess we should all hope the blame Bush strategy is maintained through the 2012 election cycle.

Wonder how much balance of donations was done by MSNBC, CBS and ABC? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

llotter
09-29-2010, 08:50 AM
There are those who want to compete in the marketplace and they contribute to Republicans and then there are those who want to make their fortunes through manipulating government and avoiding competition like the plague and they contribute to Democrats. As more and more of the 'marketplace' is dominated by government, the Democrats have been doing better and better until the people finally got fed up.

Gayle in MD
09-29-2010, 10:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure some more will be donated to democrats, as over the course of the year 57% of FOX's contributions have been to... Democrats!

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.php?strID=C00330019

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pacgot.php?cmte=C00330019&cycle=2010

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thus far in 2010, News Corp's PAC has given out $144,700, with 57% going to Democrats.

In 2008, they gave out $242,850, with 53% going to Democrats.

In 2006 they gave out $256,000, with just 40% going to Democrats. </div></div>

Obviously the above was PRIOR to the eye popping $1 million take... but history shows the money goes to whoever is in power. The last 2 cycles, FOX has given more to Democrats. The cycle previous, more to republicans.

Sack
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure some more will be donated to democrats, as over the course of the year 57% of FOX's contributions have been to... Democrats!

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Now that will be very interesting to follow. They surely seem uneven in their paid Punditry, do they not???

And do these figures above, include the free campaigning time, they have given to Republicans, on the air?

I'm sure you've read about that, right?

And how about conributions to the Tea party, are those all included, as well?
G. </span>

bobroberts
09-29-2010, 10:43 AM
What about having NBC and MSNBC in Obama's pocket. How much did he receive from them? Look at all the Govnt. contracts they are getting now.

Gayle in MD
09-29-2010, 11:00 AM
<span style="color: #FF0000"> From your site, did you see this one, Sack? Interesting, don't you think, the organizations for the average joe, are giving much more to Dems, but look where the bankers are giving, lol. </span>

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/toppacs.php

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Updated 3:41 p.m. Eastern Time

Fox News parent company News Corp. has given $1 million to the Republican Governors Association.

A spokesman for News Corp., which also owns the New York Post and other media properties around the world, said in an email to Politico's Ben Smith that the company <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"believes in the power of free markets, and the RGA's pro-business agenda supports our priorities at this most critical time for our economy."

The Republican Governors Association's most recent disclosure filing is here. The News Corp. donation is listed under "News America Inc." The news was first reported by Bloomberg Businessweek. </span>

Despite widespread perceptions that Fox News is a conservative media outlet, the network maintains that its news coverage (as opposed to its opinion programming, such as "The Glenn Beck Program") is non-partisan.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ha ha ha...what a crock! </span>

According to Smith, FOX's political action committee has also donated to Sens. Harry Reid and Chuck Schumer, though the donations were in the much smaller four-figure range.

In a statement, Democratic National Committee National Press Secretary Hari Sevugan said Fox News' "Fair and Balanced" slogan "has been rendered utterly meaningless" by the donation.

"Any pretense that may have existed about the ties between Fox News and the Republican Party has been ripped violently away," he said. "No Republican who appears on Fox can be seen as answering to an independent press and all should appear with a disclaimer for who they truly are - the favored candidate of the corporate-friendly network. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>No Fox News political coverage can be seen as impartial and all of it should have a disclaimer for what it truly is - partisan propaganda."</span> </div></div>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20013876-503544.html

<span style="color: #FF0000">This is a subject about which I have a good deal of inside information, since my daughter worked right in Fox's Newsroom, here in Washington D.C., for YEARS!

There has never been a more slanted partisan organization, than Fox, and everybody in Washington D. C., knows it, including everybody who works there.

I can assure you, without waiting, by the end of the election, Fox will have given far more to Republicans, than to Democratics, regardless that Democratics are in power.

G.</span>

hippiepool
09-29-2010, 12:51 PM
I'll my boy Krs-one explain it .....

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 DHRTMMsbFhXw&h=686a3

Deeman3
09-29-2010, 01:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD
And do these figures above, include the free campaigning time, they have given to Republicans, on the air?

b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
G. [/color] </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Gayle, Gayle, Gayle. I can assure you as I have watched a considerable amount of Fox in the past 18 months and Obama is getting far more coverage than anyone else, there as in all news outlets. In fact, he was on camera at least a dozen times on O'reilly last night alone. I don't watch Hannity but I sure bet he gets more sound bites than all other politicians in both parties on there as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

eg8r
09-29-2010, 01:22 PM
How much did they donate to Democrats?

eg8r

hondo
09-29-2010, 01:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much did they donate to Democrats?

eg8r </div></div>

I heard a buck, two, ninety-eight.

Gayle in MD
09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD

b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
G. [/color] </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Gayle, Gayle, Gayle. I can assure you as I have watched a considerable amount of Fox in the past 18 months and Obama is getting far more coverage than anyone else, there as in all news outlets. In fact, he was on camera at least a dozen times on O'reilly last night alone. I don't watch Hannity but I sure bet he gets more sound bites than all other politicians in both parties on there as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #000000"> Cute, friend, but need I say, it's the kind of coverage that proves their right leaning partisanship. Propaganda isn't what I call News Coverage. <span style='font-size: 14pt'> </span> </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

hippiepool
09-29-2010, 02:17 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/27/fox-news-has-nearly-all-p_n_740070.html

Gayle in MD
09-29-2010, 02:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hippiepool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/27/fox-news-has-nearly-all-p_n_740070.html </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yep, and wouldn't you like to see the dollar value of all of the free campaigning time, Fox doles out to the Republians? I know I would!

Multi, Multi millions! </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Politico reports on a new, complicated development for Fox News: nearly all of the major potential Republican candidates for the presidency are on the channel's payroll as commentators, raising questions about how Fox News can cover them as the 2012 campaign approaches.

The website notes that Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich and, of course, Sarah Palin have all expressed interest in a potential run for president. All four are paid political commentators for Fox News.

"With the exception of Mitt Romney, Fox now has deals with every major potential Republican presidential candidate not currently in elected office," Politico's Jonathan Martin and Keach Hagey write.

The situation is reportedly causing consternation both within and without Fox News. Sources inside the network told Politico they are growing increasingly agitated about having so many people who are still active in politics on their payroll:

"Fox insiders, speaking anonymously about what is a sensitive topic for a network worried about outside perception, said no word has been conveyed from the corporate brass to reporters about how to treat what are, for now at least, their colleagues."
</div></div>

LWW
09-29-2010, 04:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">And do these figures above, include the free campaigning time, they have given to Republicans, on the air?
G. </span></div></div>

You are so easy to beat with the facts.

And, not that you have the intellectual integrity to see it, your hypocrisy is showing again ... if you want to deny it then let's you see condemn this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris Matthews on MSNBS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"MY ‘JOB’ IS TO MAKE OBAMA PRESIDENCY A SUCCESS"</div></div>

OW! (http://www.breitbart.tv/matthews-my-job-is-to-make-obama-presidency-a-success/)

LWW