PDA

View Full Version : No Strike!!!

Cueless Joey
08-30-2002, 10:13 AM
I know some of you hate baseball players but I love baseball and am so happy this year will have a World Series.

PQQLK9
08-30-2002, 10:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> I know some of you hate baseball players but I love baseball and am so happy this year will have a World Series. <hr></blockquote>

ZZZZZZzzzzzz...ZZZZZzzzzzzzz...ZZZZZzzzzzzzz (yawn) /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato
08-30-2002, 10:31 AM
I'm pleased to. I'm upset the luxury tax won't kick in until upwards of 115 mil. The Yanks are the only team that have that type of bread. However, with drug testing, the home run may slow down just a tad and the stolen base may make a bit of a comeback.

Kato~~~Red Sox are dead, Marlin's are dead. Gotta get on a bandwagon. I chose the A's.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-30-2002, 10:34 AM
I don't hate baseball..just the owners and players.

I enjoyed the Little League World Series more this year than watching MLB..

The game is what I love.. its the greedy owners and players that make it unbearable for me to continue to watch or attend at the that level.

Brian in VA
08-30-2002, 12:31 PM
I'm happy, too, because I love the game. But I was worried sick that those guys would be unable to decide who was going to get that last hundred million or so!

They could have given to us to form a nice pool tour!
Brian

nAz
08-30-2002, 12:35 PM
So i guess next yeara ticket,beer and hotdog prices will now double... Go Brooklyn Cyclone/Staten Island Yankees 1/3 the price of a MLB Yankee game.

MikeM
08-30-2002, 12:39 PM
Enjoy, you lucky few with a home team.

MM

08-30-2002, 01:15 PM
that's too bad! I was hoping Major League Baseball was doomed. Then would come Football &amp; then Basketball would follow. Those PRIMADONA Pricks would be OK, they've already got enough dough &amp; the owners have got plenty too.
Major league sports has become a money pit, IT'S TOO BAD THERE SO MANY FOOLS THAT WILL PLUNK DOWN MONEY &amp; SIT ON THEIR ASS TO BE ENTERTAINED. Duh, I mean dumbed down!

08-30-2002, 01:27 PM

nAz
08-30-2002, 02:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> that's too bad! I was hoping Major League Baseball was doomed. Then would come Football &amp; then Basketball would follow. Those PRIMADONA Pricks would be OK, they've already got enough dough &amp; the owners have got plenty too.
Major league sports has become a money pit, IT'S TOO BAD
THERE SO MANY FOOLS THAT WILL PLUNK DOWN MONEY &amp; SIT ON THEIR ASS TO BE ENTERTAINED. Duh, I mean dumbed down! <hr></blockquote>
i agree with you about the permedona thing, but u oviously have never play baseball or any other sport if you did you would understand Americas love affare with it. And if you think plunking $ down to watch a game is Dumbing down then i guess you can say that about all sports including POOL the U.S. is like $75 a seat no?

Naz~~ sports fool with a BC /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Voodoo Daddy
08-30-2002, 11:01 PM
Mike, I'd gladly send you the Marlins and their 11 fans...after I watched my YANKEES take Pedro to the bench Wednesday night, I'm happy there will be no strike either. The Pinstripes could redeem themselves this year. Oh BTW, hate to say told ya so Kato but the cursed are living up to their history...RED-SOX are weakening by the day...HAHAHAHA!!

NH_Steve
08-31-2002, 06:16 AM
From a Red Sox fan POV, maybe they shoulda struck /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

MikeM
08-31-2002, 07:05 AM
As much as I want a team in DC, you can keep the Marlins. Give us the Expos and their 8 fans. Viva Vladimir!

MM

Cueless Joey
08-31-2002, 09:24 AM
&lt;i&gt;I agree. I think the fans should all go on strike and take up billiards. Spread the word. &lt;/i&gt;
Actually, we need to talk golfers out of golf. :-)