PDA

View Full Version : Good News From NY and The Stock Market

Gayle in MD
09-30-2010, 06:57 AM
Jobless claims, about in line with expectations, but did drop a little, that's good, still above 450,000, above where we need to be, to have sustained jobs growth.

Final read on how the economy grew in the second quarter, 1.7%, not great, but a little bit better than people thought, and still a positive, even though you need about 2.9% growth in GDP, to get job creation up to 200,000 a month.

Other good news, Business in the NY region was up this month, for the first time in four months, a very good sign, showing more confidence.

September has been a stellar month for stocks, best September for the Dow since 1939, and across the board, all ten groups of the market are higher, significantly so, with just a bit of inflation on consumer goods...

All in all, good signs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

G.

cushioncrawler
09-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Gayle -- I woz hearing that the old equations and guides and pointers karnt be relyd upon today.
mac.

LWW
10-01-2010, 03:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jobless claims, about in line with expectations, but did drop a little, that's good, still above 450,000, above where we need to be, to have sustained jobs growth.

G.</div></div>

And here we have doublethink in a nutshell.

1 - The statement that Americans losing their jobs at a rate of over 65,000 per day is good.

2 - The Federal Reserve buying stocks to create a pre election bubble is a sign of the economy returning.

Stalin and Goebbels are being made to look like amateur hour in the way this regime hypnotizes their cult members.

LWW

Qtec
10-01-2010, 03:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 - The statement that Americans losing their jobs at a rate of over 65,000 per day is good. </div></div>

You are so partisan you don't even realise what you are saying any more. You my friend have LOST IT and should seek help.

65,000 x 365 = 23,725,000...per year!

Q

LWW
10-01-2010, 03:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 - The statement that Americans losing their jobs at a rate of over 65,000 per day is good. </div></div>

You are so partisan you don't even realise what you are saying any more. You my friend have LOST IT and should seek help.

Q </div></div>

65,000 X 7 equals 455,000.

The regime's number was 460,000.

Look up Q ... it went right over your head again.

LWW

Chopstick
10-01-2010, 07:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

2 - The Federal Reserve buying stocks to create a pre election bubble is a sign of the economy returning.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">Sir, the Federal Reserve does not participate in the stock market.</span>

http://gadgetophilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/t10neuralizer.jpg

eg8r
10-01-2010, 07:56 AM
As qtip pointed out we are not losing 65k jobs per day which is what your 7 would imply. If that were true then your numbers along with Pelosi's would definitely be pushing us higher than 10% unemployment rates we have been looking at for months.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-01-2010, 08:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 - The statement that Americans losing their jobs at a rate of over 65,000 per day is good. </div></div>

Q </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

jimmyg
10-01-2010, 09:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">Sir, the Federal Reserve does not participate in the stock market.</span>

http://gadgetophilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/t10neuralizer.jpg </div></div>

Sorry Chopstick, but they have and are propping up the equity markets by pruchasing S&P, DOW, & Nasdaq futures with the proceeds of their treasury sales, through their primary dealers.

Fairly common knowledge, although denies by the FED, Treasury, and the sell side brokerage houses.

J

eg8r
10-01-2010, 11:31 AM
If the FED is denying it then what examples of proof do you have that it is happening? My guess at this point is that this is only "fairly common speculation".

eg8r

Chopstick
10-01-2010, 12:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

http://gadgetophilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/t10neuralizer.jpg </div></div>

Sorry Chopstick, but they have and are propping up the equity markets by pruchasing S&P, DOW, & Nasdaq futures with the proceeds of their treasury sales, through their primary dealers.

Fairly common knowledge, although denies by the FED, Treasury, and the sell side brokerage houses.

J </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">I guess you did not see the humor in my post.</span>

jimmyg
10-01-2010, 01:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

J </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">I guess you did not see the humor in my post.</span> </div></div>

Sorry Chop, I wasn't paying attention. Coming from you, I should have known better...even without the smilies. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

J

jimmyg
10-01-2010, 04:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the FED is denying it then what examples of proof do you have that it is happening? My guess at this point is that this is only "fairly common speculation". eg8r </div></div>

Fair enough. No, I cannot produce absolute, irrefutable, beyond a shadow of a doubt, criminal threshold, legal, "proof", of my claim. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

That said, the claim is so widely and strongly supported by the most knowledgeable and experienced professionals in the industry that it's accepted well beyond the "fairly common speculation" level.

J

LWW
10-02-2010, 03:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Sir, yes we are ... and have been able to since an executive order (http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/codification/executive-order/12631.html) was signed by then POTUS Ronald Reagan.

This EO was intended to stop panics and not to prop up the regime in power.

LWW

LWW
10-02-2010, 03:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As qtip pointed out we are not losing 65k jobs per day which is what your 7 would imply. If that were true then your numbers along with Pelosi's would definitely be pushing us higher than 10% unemployment rates we have been looking at for months.

eg8r </div></div>

Then you have just proven that you know as little about the stats as Q and G do ... or I should say, don't.

Of course the numbers don't say that there was a net job loss of 465,000. What it does say is that 465,000 people lost their jobs. Period.

Unless 465,000 replacement hires and new jobs created came into existence, then a net job loss still existed.

LWW

Chopstick
10-02-2010, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Sir, yes we are ... and have been able to since an executive order (http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/codification/executive-order/12631.html) was signed by then POTUS Ronald Reagan.

This EO was intended to stop panics and not to prop up the regime in power.

LWW </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">Geez, you didn't get it either? I thought it was funny and yes, I am well aware of the various speculations regarding the actions of the Plunge Protection Team.</span>