PDA

View Full Version : Julian Bond Calls Repub. Long A 'Raving Homophobe'

Gayle in MD
09-30-2010, 07:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Julian Bond Calls Bishop Eddie Long a 'Raving Homophobe'
By Boyce Watkins, PhD on Sep 28th 2010 6:07PM
Filed under: News, Politics, Race and Civil Rights

I have to start this article with an apology. Earlier today, I mentioned that many black public figures were hesitant to speak out for or against Bishop Eddie Long in his most recent sex scandal. Well, I was wrong.

One leader who hasn't held his tongue is civil rights leader Julian Bond. CNN is reporting that Bond called Eddie Long "a raving homophobe." Bond's remarks came years ago, when the family of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. chose New Birth Missionary Baptist Church as the location for the funeral of the late Coretta Scott King. Bond said that King's widow supported gay rights and would never have chosen a pastor like Long to speak at her funeral.

Bond had more to say recently about the charges against Long:

"You hope these charges are not true because it's bad news for his family, bad news for his church. However, if they are true, it's typical of people who are raving homophobes who are secretly homosexual. They have this self-loathing, self-hate, and they have to let it come out some way."

So, there you have it, black leaders are beginning to speak out about Long, and the message is not a favorable one.<span style='font-size: 20pt'> Long has been attacked for his close affiliations with George W. Bush and the work he has done to alienate the gay community through the years. The possibility that he might be secretly gay is nothing short of explosive.</span>
One can only imagine the degree of personal anguish Long may have been experiencing through the years, hoping that his secret would never get out. If it is the case that Long happens to be gay, this could turn out to be the most liberating experience of his life. It might also be liberating for the black church, which continues to grapple with how our spiritual beliefs mesh with the realities of the world.

</div></div>

http://www.bvblackspin.com/2010/09/28/julian-bond-calls-eddie-long-a-raving-homophobe/

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Gross Hypocracy! The Black community, obviously, has been critical for a very long time, of Long's CLOSE affiliations with George Bush! He's also close with the daughter of Martin Luther King, who is on board with Glen Beck, and the Tea Party. She spoke st their recent Beck Rally, in Washington D.C., and the MLK family are against herr, particularly because of her support of Republicans, like LONG. </span>

jimmyg
09-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Really, who the he** cares which party this POS is a member of?

Give it up already. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

J

Deeman3
09-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Galy does. I fhe is Republican and gay, he is evil. if he is Democrat and gay he is o.k.

Listen, if he is gay he should go, no matter which party he belongs to.

Gayle in MD
09-30-2010, 09:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Galy does. I fhe is Republican and gay, he is evil. if he is Democrat and gay he is o.k.

Listen, if he is gay he should go, no matter which party he belongs to. </div></div>

Dee,
Please don't speak for me. I can do so on my own with those people, whith whom I care to communicate.

My gripe is not about Democratic Gays, religious gay leaders, nor Republican Gay Leaders, it is about hypocracy, and if they are Republicans, or Democratics, who are out and honest about their sexuality, I have no problem with that.

You are missing the point, which is the hypocracy involved in political or religious leaders who represent, or are supposesd to represent, all Americans, bashing a certain group of Americans, for being exactly what they, while pretending to be other than they, themselves, actually are.

I don't appreciate this post, of yours.

I also don't appreciate constant homophobic bashing of gay people

Now if you wish to debate whether or not such behavior is more prominent in the Republican Party, or the Democratic Party, or the religious, VS. the non religious, I'd be happy to do so.

I would be likely to point it out if it were a Democratic, who had consistantly presented himself as being against Gays, and their rights, take a consistant stand against homosexuality, using the "Family Values" "Christian" BS, and then it comes out tthat he, himself, is gay, Regardless of the Party Affiliation.

I have been both critical of, and supportive of, both Republicans, and Democratics, on her over the years, and far more so than anny of the right on this forum.

I think this post of yours is beneath you.

The point is about the hypocracy of the Republican Party, to make anti-Gay issues one of their party platforms, bash and degrade gays and their lifestyle, consistantly vote against Gay rights, while all the while being a closeted Gay person, themselves. I know of no Democratic who has done this.

Now if you know of a Democratic currently practicing such hypocracy, please tell us about it, because I will call his, or her office, and voice my disgust with that sort of hypocritical behavior, just as I do regularly with the Republians, who do that, and IMO opinion, Republicans, and Religious Leaders, seem to be far more often guilty of that, than Democratics, since Democratics, are FOR Gay Rights, by and large.

We can debate that point, if you like, but you will surely lose that argument.

I have never called closeted gays, Evil, either, and I dont appreciate your misrepresenting me like this, basically calling me a hypocrite.

I had held you in higher esteem, than that.

Gayle

Deeman3
09-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Gayle,

I was just tyring to get a rise out of you. I know I often bash gays but will do so for those in both parties, I assure you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I don't really care about how many Republicans vs. Democrats are gay. I also, however, see the hypocracy in a preacher bashing them and then partaking of the same sins. It is also much worse that these were young impressionable boys at the time.

It may be true that there are more hypocritical gays in the republican ranks as it is more counter to the normal values they say they hold.

I don't hate gays and am not in favor of, for instance, Iran's policy of having no gays and shooting the ones they don not have.

My main oposition is the push beyond normal rights, to include those of marriage. I have no issues with the legal equilivent of it but marriage is just a bit too far for me to leap. Now, I fully understand as my generation gets older and dies away, marriage will quite naturally be the norm and they won't even be talking about it in 100 years. So, I am not out marching against it or even joining tea p[arty rallies or church sponsored event to oppose it. It will become normal as many perversions will over time. I don't like it but I won't decide in the end.

I will voice my opinion and be called homophobic, when all I am is in opposition to adding another version of married to the table. I am equally opposed to having a dozen wives so I guess I am phobic about that but, of course, they don't have a lobby yet. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Hypocracy of the Republican Party? Yes, they would be the leading and first in that role, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
09-30-2010, 10:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle,

I was just tyring to get a rise out of you. I know I often bash gays but will do so for those in both parties, I assure you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I don't really care about how many Republicans vs. Democrats are gay. I also, however, see the hypocracy in a preacher bashing them and then partaking of the same sins. It is also much worse that these were young impressionable boys at the time.

It may be true that there are more hypocritical gays in the republican ranks as it is more counter to the normal values they say they hold.

I don't hate gays and am not in favor of, for instance, Iran's policy of having no gays and shooting the ones they don not have.

My main oposition is the push beyond normal rights, to include those of marriage. I have no issues with the legal equilivent of it but marriage is just a bit too far for me to leap. Now, I fully understand as my generation gets older and dies away, marriage will quite naturally be the norm and they won't even be talking about it in 100 years. So, I am not out marching against it or even joining tea p[arty rallies or church sponsored event to oppose it. It will become normal as many perversions will over time. I don't like it but I won't decide in the end.

I will voice my opinion and be called homophobic, when all I am is in opposition to adding another version of married to the table. I am equally opposed to having a dozen wives so I guess I am phobic about that but, of course, they don't have a lobby yet. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Hypocracy of the Republican Party? Yes, they would be the leading and first in that role, right? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

The Republicans lead as regards having a platform against Gays, and their rights, and calling them perverts, which is, in and of itself, homophobic, and also biggotry.

I think that the Religious Right, and I suppose you would agree, are, by and large, Republicans, should be very proud that they have fomented so much hatred in our society, against Gays, Against Muslims, Calling women who choose to have an abortion, which is a personal, private decision and a LEGAL RIGHT, in our country, MURDERERS, and calling abortion Doctors, Murderers, and then given all of that, I am supposed to have hate in MY heart, because that sort of vicious behavior, by the Republican Party, repulses me?

What kind of bastardized thinking leads to that accusation?

We are seeing more young Gay people committing sucide, more and more often. do you really think the religious, and Republican, attacks, have no impact on how they end up being treated by their peers?

I just wish that people who take part in Gay Bashing, would realize that to do such a thing, contributes to spreading hate around in our society, and contributes as well, to building that kind of misery, for young homosexuals, that breeds a general ideology, and mood, in our society, which also makes their lilves even more miserable than they already are.

Would you try to prevent crippled people from getting married? Blacks? Italians? How about ugly people, should we prevent them from getting married? That's about as much sense as it makes to be against Gay People being married.

There is no reason why Gay People should not have every legal right, that any of the rest of us have. People really need to understand that they do not choose to be Gay. They are born that way, and to call it perversion, only shows ignorance.

Gay marriage has absolutely NO effect on heterosexual Marriage. How does Gay Marriage take anything away from you, personally?

I'd be willing to bet this Attorney General who is cyberstalking that young Gay fellow, is himself, a homosexual.

Now, don't misunderstand me, I am surely not suggesting any such thing about you, but I do think you should read up on the subject, and perhaps, you would adopt a very different outlook, about Gay and Lesbian people, and whether or not they should have the same legal rights, as anyone else in our society has.

This young man who jumped off a bridge, when he knew he was about to be outed to his parents? I can just imagine what wonderful "Christian" people they are. They surely never got it across to that young man, that they had unconditional love for him, obviously, and I would seriously doubt that they set an example of accepting otherrs, as they are, and just as they are not.

G.

pooltchr
09-30-2010, 11:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How about ugly people, should we prevent them from getting married?
G. </div></div>

Allowing ugly people to get married is a great idea. If they marry each other, it takes two more ugly people off the open market. I do think they should be prevented from having children, as passing along the ugly gene to an innocent child is certainly a form of child abuse!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

Deeman3
09-30-2010, 01:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif [/quote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The Republicans lead as regards having a platform against Gays, and their rights, and calling them perverts, which is, in and of itself, homophobic, and also biggotry.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I have never seem a Republican platform that says it is against gays. There are many gay republicans, even those not in the closet. Of course, the word pervert was not coined in some republican party room, it describes perversion which many believe it is. That is not homophoblic. Perhaps cutting their genitiles off, which some Muslim countries do, is what would be homophobic. Perversion is an apt description of the acts they perform, not a remark to persecute them. </span>

I think that the Religious Right, and I suppose you would agree, are, by and large, Republicans, should be very proud that they have fomented so much hatred in our society, against Gays, Against Muslims, Calling women who choose to have an abortion, which is a personal, private decision and a LEGAL RIGHT, in our country, MURDERERS, and calling abortion Doctors, Murderers, and then given all of that, I am supposed to have hate in MY heart, because that sort of vicious behavior, by the Republican Party, repulses me?

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Many are but not all are Republicans. Most don't call for nor support the killing of doctors performing abortions just like all lefties don't bomb federal buildings. It is a thin accusation at best. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">That of a small majority of Americans. </span>

We are seeing more young Gay people committing sucide, more and more often. do you really think the religious, and Republican, attacks, have no impact on how they end up being treated by their peers?

<span style="color: #FF0000"> This is, by far, the easiest time to be gay in this country. If they are killing themselves at a greater rate it certainly is caused by other factors, think now!</span>

I just wish that people who take part in Gay Bashing, would realize that to do such a thing, contributes to spreading hate around in our society, and contributes as well, to building that kind of misery, for young homosexuals, that breeds a general ideology, and mood, in our society, which also makes their lilves even more miserable than they already are.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Perhaps in those Muslim countries that are not as tolerate as we are it is a growing problem. You must get a better definition of Gay Bashing than you have provided. They have been persecuted in this country at times and on some occasions now but you have to, for the most part, look at other places to see much real gay bashing. Opposition to their change of traditional marriage is not gay bashing in other than the most strange of left definitions. </span>

Would you try to prevent crippled people from getting married? Blacks? Italians? How about ugly people, should we prevent them from getting married? That's about as much sense as it makes to be against Gay People being married.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Maybe really ugly people but would you prevent a man marrying 24 women? I would. Does that mean i am bashing them? Not quite. </span>

There is no reason why Gay People should not have every legal right, that any of the rest of us have. People really need to understand that they do not choose to be Gay. They are born that way, and to call it perversion, only shows ignorance.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Perversion is a normal term in a description of ones actions. It is considered to be a perversion when rectal intercourse is done between men and women, just not when done by men? </span>

Gay marriage has absolutely NO effect on heterosexual Marriage. How does Gay Marriage take anything away from you, personally?

<span style="color: #FF0000"> It takes nothing away from my personally. It takes away from society as many other features of society do. </span>

I'd be willing to bet this Attorney General who is cyberstalking that young Gay fellow, is himself, a homosexual.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Perhaps. If so he sould be punished, severly. </span>

Now, don't misunderstand me, I am surely not suggesting any such thing about you, but I do think you should read up on the subject, and perhaps, you would adopt a very different outlook, about Gay and Lesbian people, and whether or not they should have the same legal rights, as anyone else in our society has.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I think I understand the subject. I am very close with several people who are gay and lesbian, I agree with some and disagree with others, whom all don't like gay marriage by the way. I am not afraid of them readin any of my posts. We will still be friends. </span>

This young man who jumped off a bridge, when he knew he was about to be outed to his parents? I can just imagine what wonderful "Christian" people they are. They surely never got it across to that young man, that they had unconditional love for him, obviously, and I would seriously doubt that they set an example of accepting otherrs, as they are, and just as they are not.

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Sad when anyone takes their own life but as I say, it has never been easier to be gay, even openly gay. </span>

LWW
09-30-2010, 05:06 PM
My how a little dose of truth has adjusted your attitude.

Now, step out of denial and be healed.

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-01-2010, 12:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I have never seem a Republican platform that says it is against gays.

<span style="color: #FF0000">
<span style='font-size: 11pt'> Deeman, Republicans consistantly vote against gay rights. Are you really unaware of that fact? </span> </span>

There are many gay republicans, even those not in the closet.

<span style="color: #FF6666"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>I am speaking about Republican Representatives, not about all Republican Americans. Republican Representatives consistantly vote against Gay rights, and make statements publically that being Gay, is a perversion. both white and black relilgious leaders, do the same, only often, their rhetoric about homosexuality, is even worse. </span> </span>

Of course, the word pervert was not coined in some republican party room, it describes perversion which many believe it is.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'> Why do you always make analogies that have nothing to do with anything that I hahve said. I never said homophobia was born in a Republican party room. these kinds of statements only take the discussion away from the core of what I am talking about, which is gay Republicans, who hide in the closet, while voting against gay rights. I don't know how many more times I have to say that, in order for you to get it.

Also, to call homosexuality a perversion is both medically, and psychhologically, incorrect, and when people describe it in that way, that is, in and of itself, an act of homophobia. </span> </span>

That is not homophoblic.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'> It absolutely is! As I have said before, and I do not mean this to sosund condescending, at all, but I think you should do some research, about homosexuality. Your satements about it indicate that you have not studied what medical science has learn about homosexuality. </span> </span>

Perhaps cutting their genitiles off, which some Muslim countries do, is what would be homophobic.
<span style='font-size: 11pt'> Here we go again, with the Muslim bashing. Not ALL Muslims do such things. You should try to put the word, "Radical" in front of the word, "Muslim" as a rule, because you seem to always paint all Muslims, with the offensive and oten insane behavior of their radicals, like al Qaeda. Doing that, of course, is another form of discrimination. </span> </span>

Perversion is an apt description of the acts they perform, not a remark to persecute them. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'> Some people think oral sex, is a perversion. Some people think having only one wife, is perversion. Who has the last say, about what is perversion. Again, such discrimination against people who are different from yourself, is discrimination. What preversion is, is very subjective! I know some women who think that having a light burning during sex, is preversion. Calling a homosexual, a pervert, as about as discriminatory, and I really hate to say this, but also extremely ignorant. Just because what they do if repulsive to us, as heterosexuals, we need to understand that they are not us. They are diferent, yes, but to look upon others who are different, is the essence of discrimination. </span></span>I think that the Religious Right, and I suppose you would agree, are, by and large, Republicans, should be very proud that they have fomented so much hatred in our society, against Gays, Against Muslims, Calling women who choose to have an abortion, which is a personal, private decision and a LEGAL RIGHT, in our country, MURDERERS, and calling abortion Doctors, Murderers, and then given all of that, I am supposed to have hate in MY heart, because that sort of vicious behavior, by the Republican Party, repulses me?

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Many are but not all are Republicans. Most don't call for nor support the killing of doctors performing abortions just like all lefties don't bomb federal buildings. It is a thin accusation at best. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'> AGain, my part of this discussion, is about REPUBLICAN REPRESENTATIVES, who pretend to be heterosexual, wear the mantle of "Family Values" and "Christian pomposity" voting consistantly against, and speaking against Gay Rights, while hiding in the closet. We need to stick to the actuality of the discussion, without dragging in the Muslims, and ancient history, from decades ago. </span> </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">That of a small majority of Americans. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'> A small majority? Please, if we're going to have a serious discussion about this, let's leave the jokes out of it. A small majority? I have no idea what that's supposed to mean, but I can tell you this much, most people think that Gays should have the right to marry. </span> </span>
We are seeing more young Gay people committing sucide, more and more often. Do you really think the religious anti-gay, Bible thumping, "Born Again" pundits, and Republican, attacks, have no impact on how they end up being treated by their peers, and in ouor society?

<span style="color: #FF0000"> This is, by far, the easiest time to be gay in this country. If they are killing themselves at a greater rate it certainly is caused by other factors, think now!</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'> Well, I do not agree with that assumption, at all. I think that with the internet, and with all of the televised homnophobia, fomented by the religious right, and all of the efforts, by and large, of Republicans, to deny Gay and Lesbians, equal rights, under the law, that it is just as difficult, if not more difficult, than ever, for homosexual people, in our society. </span> </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Perhaps in those Muslim countries that are not as tolerate as we are it is a growing problem.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'> Here we go again, with the Muslims? What is your point? We are discusing our own country, and our own politicians. Do you have any awareness of what people in Europe think about the nutjobs in the religious right, who slander and demonstrate at the burial services of our Gay soldiers? I suppose you think that is a sign of the great American embrace and acceptance of homosexuality? I assure you, we have made little progress in this country, compared to many other countries, in accepting homoexuals, and are regards Gay Rights, we are way behind Europe, and tring to compare us, to the Middle East, is absolutly ridiculous, in a discussion about Gay rights. </span> </span>
You must get a better definition of Gay Bashing than you have provided. They have been persecuted in this country at times and on some occasions now but you have to, for the most part, look at other places to see much real gay bashing. Opposition to their change of traditional marriage is not gay bashing in other than the most strange of left definitions. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'> I really don't need a better definition, Deeman, you need to look inside yourself, and try to understand why you claim to be accepting of Gays, yet you do not think that they deserve the same rights, as you have as a heteroseual man. You need to understand why you write thread titles, such as, "Don't Ass Don't Tell" I don't need new definitions, I am quite aware of what is, and isn't homophobic thinking. </span> </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Maybe really ugly people but would you prevent a man marrying 24 women? I would. Does that mean i am bashing them? Not quite. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'> Another totally inapporpriate analogy! We have laws against polygamy, Deeman, and yes, you do bash Gay people regularly on this forum, but mostly it's the Democrat, Barney. You bash Gay's and Muslims, as in the whole groups, regularly.

I bash Republicans, because I find their policies, Deciet, corruption, and social platforms and attitudes, destructive to the best interests of my country. But, I have never pretended that I am not partial to the Democratic Party.

</span> </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Perversion is a normal term in a description of ones actions.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'> LOL, huh? </span> </span>

It is considered to be a perversion when rectal intercourse is done between men and women, just not when done by men? </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'> Hey, to me, it's a disgusting thought. That doesn't mean that I'm going to call others who do not find anyhing wrong with it, perverts!

But then, I live by an attitude of To Each His Own, it's none of my business what other people do in the privacy of their bedrooms, regardless of whether they are Homosexual, or Heterosexual. I am far more concerned with the rape and child abuse statistics in this country, than I am about what consenting adults do in their private sexual encounters.

</span> </span>
<span style="color: #FF0000"> It takes nothing away from my personally. It takes away from society as many other features of society do. </span> </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'> How does homosexuality take away from society, any more than inappropriate actions, by heterosexuals? Do you think that Homosexuals operate the child sex trade in this country? Do you think that Homosexuals are more promiscuous than Heterosexuals? Do you think that the ability and desire to love and nourish and raise a child, is exclusively to Heterosexuals? Heterosexual men are MORE likely to abuse not only children, but women, in general, than Homosexual Men.

Again, you attitudes are not supported by statistics, at all. </span> </span>I'd be willing to bet this Attorney General who is cyberstalking that young Gay fellow, is himself, a homosexual.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Perhaps. If so he sould be punished, severly. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I think I understand the subject. I am very close with several people who are gay and lesbian, I agree with some and disagree with others, whom all don't like gay marriage by the way. I am not afraid of them readin any of my posts. We will still be friends. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'> Knowing homosexuals, is an entirely different matter than being aware of and educated on the subject of Homosexuality. You, for example, were lumping homosexuality and pedophilia, together, several weeks ago, and wrote that Gays were responsible for the most pedophilia, and I posted the scientific facts for you, which are compltely opposite from your beliefs. did you read it? </span> </span>

G. [/quote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Sad when anyone takes their own life but as I say, it has never been easier to be gay, even openly gay. </span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'> Perhaps, you are not in a position to know that. I am sure, there are many Gays, particularly in the service of their country, and in the work environment, who would not agree with that point of view, at all.

G. </span> </span>

Chopstick
10-01-2010, 08:13 AM
If Eddie Long is a Republican then what is he doing on the finance committee of the Democratic candidate for governor?

Long is a Democrat. (http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/barnes-maintains-ties-to-643174.html)

Gayle in MD
10-01-2010, 08:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Eddie Long is a Republican then what is he doing on the finance committee of the Democratic candidate for governor?

Long is a Democrat. (http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/barnes-maintains-ties-to-643174.html) </div></div>

Chop,
Long has a history of both Republican and Democratic support. I've read that his history was dependant upon where he thought he would get the most cash.

He is on record as a supporter of the Project For the New American Century, definitely a neocon policy, and he supported George Bush in both of his elections.

It is well known that he makes an effort to straddle both parties, in order to avoid losing any possible opportunities for cash, which he got plenty of from Bush's Faith Based initiatives...

He is tight with the Republican daughter of MLK, who spoke at Becks Rally.

He has a history of subscribing to Republican policies, anti Gay Rights, Pro war, anti-abortion rights, and it's pretty easy to figure out that he goes where his palms will be filled with gold, but there is no question, that his social policies are Republican all the way, even to the point that every prominent African American leader, including Julian Bond, has spoken against this man for years, other than the rogue sibling in the King Family, who definitely IS a Republican, and who has practically been excommunicated from the King Family, for her pro Republican stance.

I have heard him refered to as a Republican Religious Leader, on at least two cable networks, and nearly every African American Journal, and orgainzation, hs spoken out against him, including the NAACP.

Overall, one can pick out occasions where he has supported contenders in both parties, but there is no denying, that overall, his history show far more support for Republican policies, than Democratic policies.

I have read lots of things which support that view, but as I said, I recall reading, I think on wikipedia, that his M.O. has been to try to straddle the two parties, officially.

Of all of the politicians that he has affiliated himseslf with, however, he is most thought of as a strident supporter of George W. Bush.

IMO, he is a Republican, perhaps some might call him a RINO, but he's social, and foreign policy views, are right in lilne with Republican policies.

G.

Deeman3
10-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Gayle,

My assumption is there are many "closet" gays, in both parties. Any them who hide their sexual preference, for whatever reason, are probably hypocritical. I will cede the point that the ones who rail against gays and are themselves gay, are the most hypocritical. It may be that there are more like this in the Republican Party as their platforms generally are more family based.

So, Long seems to show both Republican and Democratic tendencies, as well as his homosexual lean. So, the Republican in him is evil and Hypocritical and the Democratic part of his is a sympathatic character? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

As you have brought up the Priests who are serial abusers of children on may occasions. Does their abuse of boys not have any base in their homosexuality? not at all? It is all attraction to young boys? They would be just as likely to abuse girls if they have access and are heterosexual?

Are these people perverts? The homosexual side of them or the part of them that takes advantage of young boys? At what age, for the victim, does it migrate from perversion to your posture of "to each his own?"

Gayle in MD
10-01-2010, 10:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle,

My assumption is there are many "closet" gays, in both parties. Any them who hide their sexual preference, for whatever reason, are probably hypocritical. I will cede the point that the ones who rail against gays and are themselves gay, are the most hypocritical. It may be that there are more like this in the Republican Party as their platforms generally are more family based.

So, Long seems to show both Republican and Democratic tendencies, as well as his homosexual lean. So, the Republican in him is evil and Hypocritical and the Democratic part of his is a sympathatic character? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

As you have brought up the Priests who are serial abusers of children on may occasions. Does their abuse of boys not have any base in their homosexuality? not at all? It is all attraction to young boys? They would be just as likely to abuse girls if they have access and are heterosexual?

Are these people perverts? The homosexual side of them or the part of them that takes advantage of young boys? At what age, for the victim, does it migrate from perversion to your posture of "to each his own?" </div></div>

First of all, one would have to suspend critical judgement, to deny the connection between the RW Religious Leaders, and their pedofilia, their adultrous bahavior, their penchant for Prostitutes, and all round hypocracy.

Just for Review, as you can see, in the first video, Long is reportedly a Rightwing, anti gay, Bishop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqgENquJF_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvxY-1JOIPs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc76O7Hf370&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZoDmgGGIw4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X578mGvlIjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxtNWZgR39c&feature=related

As you can see, Eddie Long is known as a RIGHTWING Religious Bishop, which, IMO, means, Republican. Are you going to suggest there is no connection between the political title of Right wing, annd Republicanism?

Now, to answer your question, I posted for you several lengthly studies regarding pedofilia while back. Did you bother reading them?

Just to give you a brief summary, pedofelia is not connected to homosexuality. It is a perversion which mostly men, are drawn to, and is entirely seperate from Homosexuality, and in fact, far more commonly committed by heterosexuals.

Surely, if Gay Priests were simply Gay, they could find plenty of action between themselves. They wouldn't have to use children, to fulfill homosexual needs.

As for my views on both subjects, and I'm surprised you even have to ask me, I think that any adult, male or female, who exploits any child through pedofelia, should be executed, period.

Homosexuality, is a totally different subject, and even though you seem determined to mix up two totally different phenomenas, that does not change the science behind loads of studies on sexuality, perversion, homosexualilty and pedophilia, all of which prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that heterosexual men, are far more likely to commit pedofelia, than homosexual men, men in general, are far more likely than wommen, and that actually, there have been tests performed which prove that the more homophobic the views of heterosexual men, are, the more aroused they become when viewing homosexual acts between men.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, the Republican in him is evil and Hypocritical and the Democratic part of his is a sympathatic character?
</div></div>

You know something Deeman, I am really tired of your having to divert our discussions about serious matters, into just more efforts on your part, to paint me as a hypocritical blind partisan. I don't care whether you think it is funny, or not, it offends me, and interferes with reasonable debates.

The fact is, that there ARE more closeted gay men in the Republican party, and among their staffs, period. It has been that way since I worked on the Hill decades ago, all the way back to when I was in High School!

It is still that way to this day. There is a documentary which proves it, without a doubt. I posted a thread about it not too long ago, it's called "Outrage" have you ever watched it? Why do you think that gay journalists have made it their goal to out all of the Republicans who pretend to be anti-gay, yet vote against Gay Rights, since their goal is support for the gay community, and gaining equal rights for them? Do you actually think that given their goal, they would leave out what closeted Democratics were on The Hill, just because they were Democratic.

No, they don't leave them out, there simply are not any known closeted Homosexuals in the Democratic Party. Those who are Gay, among the Democratics, say so, and as you, yourself, would agree, the fact that the Republican Party is the one which wears the BS "Christian, Family Values" crown, probably they have more reason to deny the truth about who they are, which, IMO, has totally backfired right in their faces, because you can deny it all you wish, but these last several decades, we have seen a barage of outed, anti gay, RW Republicans, both in front and behind the alter of the church, AND in the halls of Congress. Is it difficult for you to accept the fact that you vote for the Party, known for being the party of closeted Gay men? Sorry, it's a fact.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are these people perverts? The homosexual side of them or the part of them that takes advantage of young boys? At what age, for the victim, does it migrate from perversion to your posture of "to each his own?"
</div></div>

Again, you conflate Homosexuality, with pedofelia. Again, and for the lat time, you need to research the subject for yourself, as I have, and you will FINALLY realize that homosexualilty, and pedofelia, are two entirely different things. Until you can understand that fact, I'm afraid it is pointless for me to try to discuss the subject with you.

With all due respect, calling Homosexuallity, a perversion, is in and of itself, a homophobic statement to make.

I have watched, and read, loads of stories, written by homosexual men, who have told their true stories about how devastated they felt, as teenagerrs, to realize that they were gay.

Further, for you to suggest that these Gay people, whom you claim are friends of yours, would feel no pain, hurt or disappointment if you told them that you consider them perverts, is either wishful thinking on your part, or completely unrealistic, and without conscience. I can assure you, they would not appreciate your labeling of them as perverts.

G.

pooltchr
10-01-2010, 10:36 AM
If you saw a picture of Bill Clinton reaching for Geo Bush's hand, would that prove that Clinton is a RW Republican supporter?

http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/0aa...on-and-Bush.jpg (http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/0aa5367ed0a59307882a5f7ebd51d120/President-Obama-and-former-Presidents-Clinton-and-Bush.jpg)

Steve

LWW
10-01-2010, 04:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you saw a picture of Bill Clinton reaching for Geo Bush's hand, would that prove that Clinton is a RW Republican supporter?

http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/0aa...on-and-Bush.jpg (http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/0aa5367ed0a59307882a5f7ebd51d120/President-Obama-and-former-Presidents-Clinton-and-Bush.jpg)

Steve </div></div>

Only if the party told that it proved this.

LWW

LWW
10-01-2010, 04:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long has a history of both Republican and Democratic support. I've read that his history was dependant upon where he thought he would get the most cash.

G.

</div></div>

Enough of the word parsing. His "LINK" to Bush was merely to get free money ... which an R senator has launched an investigation on.

The undeniable facts are:

- Eddie Long gave 550% as much money to the democrooks as he did to the R's.

- His wife gave the democrooks money as well.

- Eddie Long gave use of his personal jet, not counted as a campaign donation BTW, to Barack Hussein Obama Junior during the early part of his campaign.

- Eddie Long is an abuser of the poor.

- Eddie Long is a buggerer of underage males.

- You simply are seeking an excuse for the democrooks.

LWW