PDA

View Full Version : Christie and testing

hondo
09-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Christie Ready To Test Teachers In Reading And Math
CBS ^

Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:20:01 PM by hecht

Christie Announces Sweeping N.J. Education Reform Governor Ready To Test Teachers In Reading And Math September 28, 2010 5:30 PM

OLD BRIDGE, N.J. (CBS 2) — Determined to turn New Jersey’s education system on its head, Gov. Chris Christie on Tuesday unveiled a tough-love reform package that will make classroom achievement — not seniority or tenure — the basis for pay hikes and career advancement in Garden State public schools. Christie is turning his take-no-prisoner’s style to the classroom, demanding a top to bottom overhaul of how New Jersey students learn and teachers teach. And that means undoing tenure, seniority and other union work rules. “We cannot wait. Your children are sitting in these classrooms today. We cannot wait to make it better,” Christie told CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer. Unqualified teachers will feel the lash. The governor is demanding that teachers in kindergarten through fifth grade actually pass tests in reading and math in order to be certified. “It might lead to the firing of teachers and principals who hurt our children,” Christie said. The governor wants to turn the old seniority system inside out and put quality teaching ahead of lack-luster performance. He will: * Prohibit salary scales based on seniority * Grant raises based on classroom performance * Give tenure based on classroom performance “We are paying a fortune for something that is not giving our children the hope and the feeling that their tomorrow can be better than their future,” Christie said. The governor said he would appoint a task force to come up with standards to measure teacher achievement. Educational experts applauded the governor’s actions. “He is with excellence in education for everyone by prioritizing teachers — their brilliance, their art and their skills. We will dramatically improve the quality of education of our kids in New Jersey, particularly those most in need,” said Derrell Bradford, director of Excellent Education for Everyone. The governor needs the state Legislature to approve the changes to seniority and tenure. The rest of the things he did by signing executive orders. A spokesman for the New Jersey Education Association attacked the governor’s plan saying that once again he was “trying to implement education reform without any input from educators.

hondo
09-30-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm curious about the math testing.

I had my last algebra and geometry classes in 1964.

Around 1977 I was trying to help a neighbor with her advanced math assignment. It was all Greek to me.
Now it might as well be in Venusian.

But, I taught English Lit, American Lit, World Lit, composition ,
grammar, theater, drama, speech, classics, for 30 years.

In general math, I am excellent.
Would the fact that I haven't had an advanced math class in 44 years get me fired?

Just wondering?

hondo
09-30-2010, 10:21 AM
I agree. Bad teachers should go.
But what if 70% of the phys ed teachers, tech ed teachers,
music and art teachers, greenhouse teachers fail the English?
70% of the English, history, psychology teachers fail the math?

Fire em all? Are all you Christie lovers going to quit your
$300,000 a year job, take 2 years of education classes, take
150 students a day for $40,000 a year to save our kids?

Just asking.

hondo
09-30-2010, 10:26 AM
A question for those of you who actually work.

Reward the excellent teachers? Merit pay?

Those of you who have been around know how that works.
In teaching it translates this way.
Kiss the principal's ass.
Be in with the clique.
Work ball games.
Give up your plannng period for lunch duty.
Sponsor fund raising, build floats.
Chaperone dances.

Talk to any veteran teacher and they'll explain to you what
"rewarding excellent teachers" actually means.

hondo
09-30-2010, 10:31 AM
One last word. I will happy to participate in this thread until the killer b's launch their personal attacks and then I will slip softly into that good night.

Fair enough?

eg8r
09-30-2010, 10:56 AM
I definitely wish him some luck. It always takes bold moves to turn a mess like this around. Fighting the old union ways is definitely a great place to start. Performance based reviews are always the best way as long as the goals are measureable and fair. Ambiguity in this process leads to the most strife.

eg8r

eg8r
09-30-2010, 10:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reward the excellent teachers? Merit pay?

Be in with the clique.
Work ball games.
Chaperone dances.
</div></div>I am against the butt kissing and clique's but all the rest should be a requirement and all teachers should be rotating through each of those jobs to make sure everyone participates equally. As you know there is more to being a teacher than just handing out homework and grading tests.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
09-30-2010, 11:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Christie Ready To Test Teachers In Reading And Math
CBS ^

Christie Announces Sweeping N.J. Education Reform Governor Ready To Test Teachers In Reading And Math September 28, 2010 5:30 PM

OLD BRIDGE, N.J. (CBS 2) — Determined to turn New Jersey’s education system on its head, Gov. Chris Christie on Tuesday unveiled a tough-love reform package that will make classroom achievement — not seniority or tenure — the basis for pay hikes and career advancement in Garden State public schools. Christie is turning his take-no-prisoner’s style to the classroom, demanding a top to bottom overhaul of how New Jersey students learn and teachers teach. And that means undoing tenure, seniority and other union work rules. “We cannot wait. Your children are sitting in these classrooms today. We cannot wait to make it better,” Christie told CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer. Unqualified teachers will feel the lash. The governor is demanding that teachers in kindergarten through fifth grade actually pass tests in reading and math in order to be certified. “It might lead to the firing of teachers and principals who hurt our children,” Christie said. The governor wants to turn the old seniority system inside out and put quality teaching ahead of lack-luster performance. He will: * Prohibit salary scales based on seniority * Grant raises based on classroom performance * Give tenure based on classroom performance “We are paying a fortune for something that is not giving our children the hope and the feeling that their tomorrow can be better than their future,” Christie said. The governor said he would appoint a task force to come up with standards to measure teacher achievement. Educational experts applauded the governor’s actions. “He is with excellence in education for everyone by prioritizing teachers — their brilliance, their art and their skills. We will dramatically improve the quality of education of our kids in New Jersey, particularly those most in need,” said Derrell Bradford, director of Excellent Education for Everyone. The governor needs the state Legislature to approve the changes to seniority and tenure. The rest of the things he did by signing executive orders. A spokesman for the New Jersey Education Association attacked the governor’s plan saying that once again he was “trying to implement education reform without any input from educators.
</div></div>

Another overbearing Republican fake! He's nothing but a big fat bully, who is going to take money away from the school system, devalue teachers, bash their union, and give as much money as he can to the wealthy, so that they'll shower him with money.

If this isn't government interfering where it doesn't belong, I don't know what is.

What does he know about teaching?

A real PIG! Big time! The man is obese! Did you see how he treated that really nice, decent, well to do, man at Angle's campaign?

He really showed what an ass and a bully he is, by trying to intimidate that older man, with his big fat body, getting up in his face, leacturing a grown m,an, yapping at him for a photo op, saying he wasn't going to put up with yelling, but he was the one yelling, WITH a michrophone, and all because the guy had come over there to here what She had to say, and had to talk over this verbose, big blubber ass fromJ, who was taking over the whole discussion, and protecting Angle from having to answer to anything, so no one would have another opportunity to see what a colossal nutjob she is.

I find Christie as repulsive as Angle. The only way you get that obese is by stuffing your face, non stop!

He's a pig in every sense of the word.

G.

pooltchr
09-30-2010, 11:44 AM
I think he is absolutely right on track. For years, we have thrown money and government programs at the schools, in hopes of raising the standards. And for years, our public schools have been in a state of decline.

Here comes a guy with a different idea. Let's make sure that the teachers we put in front of our kids are competent to actually teach! How Radical!!!!

If an English teacher feels they couldn't pass the math test, maybe they should take a refresher course. Businesses often require training for their employees to keep them up to speed, and make sure they know what they are supposed to do.

It seems as if once a teacher has been around for a few years, they are protected by the union, so there is no incentive for them to continue to study and learn. The knowledge one had 30 years ago is not enough to teach today's students. Teachers must continue to work at advancing their own education. The best teachers are also students.

Sorry, but the teachers need to accept a little responsibility for their own livelihood. If you are standing still, you are moving backward.

I think I like Christie even more now than I did when I saw the video of him handle the loud mouth heckler at the campaign stop.

Steve

jimmyg
09-30-2010, 12:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Another overbearing Republican fake! He's nothing but a big fat bully, who is going to take money away from the school system, devalue teachers, bash their union, and give as much money as he can to the wealthy, so that they'll shower him with money.

If this isn't government interfering where it doesn't belong, I don't know what is.

A real PIG! Big time! The man is obese! Did you see how he treated that really nice, decent, well to do, man at Angle's campaign?

He really showed what an ass and a bully he is, by trying to intimidate that older man, with his big fat body, getting up in his face, leacturing a grown m,an, yapping at him for a photo op, saying he wasn't going to put up with yelling, but he was the one yelling, WITH a michrophone, and all because the guy had come over there to here what She had to say, and had to talk over this verbose, big blubber ass fromJ, who was taking over the whole discussion, and protecting Angle from having to answer to anything, so no one would have another opportunity to see what a colossal nutjob she is.

I find Christie as repulsive as Angle. The only way you get that obese is by stuffing your face, non stop!

He's a pig in every sense of the word. G. </div></div>

Another hateful post filled with venomous words; pig, nutjob, repulsive, blubberass, big fat body, ass, obese, and, of course, the political party affilation being Republican.

Someone needs lots of help. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

J

pooltchr
09-30-2010, 01:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Another hateful post filled with venomous words; pig, nutjob, repulsive, blubberass, big fat body, ass, obese, and, of course, the political party affilation being Republican.

Someone needs lots of help. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

J

</div></div>

She does it so often, she probably doesn't even think about it any more. But she will be the first to tell you there is no hate in her.

Steve

Deeman3
09-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Sounds like he is trying to get at least a start on rooting out the techers who can't or don't perform. Certainly there have to be guidelines to make cartain they are tested on their core teaching subjects but the union is trying to protect jobs and not trying to improve the plight of the students as it has been for decades.

With all this discussion and new money being spent, I hope we can help the systems. Sadely, in the end the voting blocks of teachers to protect the bad techers along with the good may end up winning.

At least Christy along with Corey Booker are working together to try and nust up this mafia of a system that has bred millions of employed teachers and very few educators. More power to them.

hondo
09-30-2010, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I definitely wish him some luck. It always takes bold moves to turn a mess like this around. Fighting the old union ways is definitely a great place to start. Performance based reviews are always the best way as long as the goals are measureable and fair. Ambiguity in this process leads to the most strife.

eg8r </div></div>

In the state of West Virginia we have performance-based evaluations that are set up by the county board office and approved by the board of education.
Our union is mainly concerned with guarding against wrongful accusations and practices and trying to get us much needed
raises.
Not with protecting bad teachers.
It may be different in Jersey.

hondo
09-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Fair enough but you are talking about what SHOULD be from an outsider.
What I was discussing was reality from the perspective of a 30 year teacher.

And, believe me, Eg, I have worked plenty of ball games, sponsored sales, covered lunch rooms, etc.

I was simply explaining to you the truth about merit pay.
You may feel free to disagree, but I would suggest talking to some veteran teachers.

hondo
09-30-2010, 02:04 PM
BBBBBUTTTT , only Democrats believe in government interference!!!

It must be something else. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
09-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Here we go with the personal crap! That didn't take long.

hondo
09-30-2010, 02:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

J

</div></div>

She does it so often, she probably doesn't even think about it any more. But she will be the first to tell you there is no hate in her.

Steve </div></div>

"One last word. I will happy to participate in this thread until the killer b's launch their personal attacks and then I will slip softly into that good night.

Fair enough."

Well, I had my hopes. I'll leave the rest of the thread to your discussion of Gayle's character. Bye.

pooltchr
09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here we go with the personal crap! That didn't take long. </div></div>

Might not have been a problem, had she resisted the urge to go into personal attack mode herself, rather than trying to discuss the issue in a civil way.

She will jump on Dee for his stand on gays, but has no problem attacking someone for being overweight. Seems she would have a little more sympathy for someone with a weight problem, rather than launch into an attack on a person's size.

I'm sure your momma taught you that sometimes it's not what you say, but the way you say it.

Steve

Deeman3
09-30-2010, 03:13 PM
So is this fat Bashing? If a perons with a 50 inch waste line jumped off the bridge because he was called names by a person who was kilophobic would it not be just as tragic as a gay guy who jumped for being "outed" by his roommate?

You know, the gayest guy around, last name of Hilton but not sure he's Paris's kin, is famous for outing anyone he finds out is gay. If they were to commit suicide becuase thier family found out, it would not be so tragic to them.

This is even a bigger hypocracy than they are trying to put out.

Save us all the labels of racism, homophobia and gender bashing as it is perfectly o.k. and acceptable if it is a Palin or other Republican.

What assinine hogwash!

Circle the wagons teachers and polticians, the unions will protect everyone that pays dues, the hell with the students.

Saying anything about deadbeat parents is looking down on the poor, asking for results for money spent is evil capitolism and grading students is now unfair and inducing pressure into their already meager existence.

Democrats say, "Give us more money and we'll fix it all this time!"

Finland has three qualified teachers per class, spends 1/2 what we do and is number one in several areas. Give us just a little more and we can do it now? Are they serious? Good luck in november!

llotter
09-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Public education is and always will be a poor substitute for a real education. It is too important to be left in the hands of politicians and bureaucrats while cutting the parents out of the picture.

LWW
09-30-2010, 05:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A question for those of you who actually work.

Reward the excellent teachers? Merit pay?

Be in with the clique.
Work ball games.
Chaperone dances.

Talk to any veteran teacher and they'll explain to you what
"rewarding excellent teachers" actually means. </div></div>

This post proves that you either:

- Didn't read the article you posted.

- Lack the English and cognitive skills to understand what it told you.

LWW

LWW
09-30-2010, 05:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>Another overbearing Republican fake!He's nothing but a big fat bully, who is going to take money away from the school system, devalue teachers, bash their union, and give as much money as he can to the wealthy, so that they'll shower him with money.</span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>A real PIG! Big time! The man is obese!</span> Did you see how he treated that really nice, decent, well to do, man at Angle's campaign?

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>He really showed what an ass and a bully he is</span>, by trying to intimidate that older man, with his big fat body, getting up in his face, leacturing a grown m,an, yapping at him for a photo op, saying he wasn't going to put up with yelling, but he was the one yelling, WITH a michrophone, and all because the guy had come over there to here what She had to say, and had to talk over this verbose, big blubber ass fromJ, who was taking over the whole discussion, and protecting Angle from having to answer to anything, so no one would have another opportunity to see what a colossal nutjob she is.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>I find Christie as repulsive as Angle. The only way you get that obese is by stuffing your face, non stop!

He's a pig in every sense of the word.</span>

G.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here we go with the personal crap! That didn't take long. </div></div>

I put your post into the proper context.

LWW

Stretch
09-30-2010, 06:12 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>I put your post into the proper context.

LWW [/quote] <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

And i put your reply in the proper context. &lt;&lt; FLUSHHHHHH &gt;&gt; St.

hondo
09-30-2010, 08:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>I put your post into the proper context.

LWW </div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

And i put your reply in the proper context. &lt;&lt; FLUSHHHHHH &gt;&gt; St. [/quote]

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Sev
09-30-2010, 09:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Christie Ready To Test Teachers In Reading And Math
CBS ^

</div></div>

He's a pig in every sense of the word.

G.

</div></div>

He could have a thyroid problem. Where is your compassion?

Qtec
10-01-2010, 02:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but the union is trying to protect jobs and not trying to improve the plight of the students as it has been for decades. </div></div>

Its hard to swallow when you have been teaching for 30 yrs, doing a good job and now having to take cuts in benefits and wages to bail out Wall St, because that is what it comes down to. Especially when on Wall St its still huge bonus's and profits ,ie its business as usual.

Those GM workers had a deal. Work your whole life for the company and we will take care of you. GM didn't fail because of their own actions- although you could say the company was in dire straits- but they failed because the banks wouldn't loan them any more money.......but who is paying for the wreckless actions of Wall St? Not Wall St!

When it came to GM, the Govt bought the company for a snip. When it came to bailing out AIG the Govt paid 100% on debts that were worthless.
[ There should be a real investigation into that. That was just daylight robbery.]

The Auto Unions did deals and took cuts to help the company survive.
How many on Wall St have done the same for the good of the country?

Q

LWW
10-01-2010, 03:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but the union is trying to protect jobs and not trying to improve the plight of the students as it has been for decades. </div></div>

Its hard to swallow when you have been teaching for 30 yrs, doing a good job and now having to take cuts in benefits and wages to bail out Wall St, because that is what it comes down to. Especially when on Wall St its still huge bonus's and profits ,ie its business as usual.

Those GM workers had a deal. Work your whole life for the company and we will take care of you. GM didn't fail because of their own actions- although you could say the company was in dire straits- but they failed because the banks wouldn't loan them any more money.......but who is paying for the wreckless actions of Wall St? Not Wall St!

When it came to GM, the Govt bought the company for a snip. When it came to bailing out AIG the Govt paid 100% on debts that were worthless.
[ There should be a real investigation into that. That was just daylight robbery.]

The Auto Unions did deals and took cuts to help the company survive.
How many on Wall St have done the same for the good of the country?

Q

</div></div>

Do you ever pay attention to reality?

LWW

Qtec
10-01-2010, 03:57 AM
I bow down to you. Nobody but you could ignore my whole post, claim to disagree with it but offer no REPOST. ONCE AGAIN, your stupid opinions based on Glenn Beck and Fox is not a RATIONAL argument.

IS that REALLY the best you can do?

Only one word.

PATHETIC.
My 2 yr old neighbour who is just beginning to string a sentence together [ 5 words] could do better than you.

LWW...[ Limp...With .WND..]....the Dragon .........slayer...........attacking windmills.

Slayer.........LLLLLMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAOOOOOOO.

Q

LWW
10-01-2010, 04:02 AM
Obviously you don't.

LWW

pooltchr
10-01-2010, 07:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Where is your compassion? </div></div>

Her compassion is reserved for Democrats only.

Protect the liberal gays
Attack the obese Republicans
Claim you favor women's rights.
Viciously attack any successful conservative female.
Protect the religious rights of muslims
Attack the religious right.

And she doesn't even see any hypocracy in all of that.

Steve

Steve

eg8r
10-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Why don't you have anything to say about what Gayle posted? Is it perfectly ok in your mind for her to bash and jump subject when it is not about someone on the board? Is it ok for her to act that way when the people are not here on the board to defend themselves? She is a little person that attacks people behind their back and then gets pissed off when someone does it to her face.

eg8r

hondo
10-01-2010, 12:58 PM
If you don't see any difference between fellow posters
and figures in the news, I can't help you.

Gayle in MD
10-01-2010, 01:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So is this fat Bashing? If a perons with a 50 inch waste line jumped off the bridge because he was called names by a person who was kilophobic would it not be just as tragic as a gay guy who jumped for being "outed" by his roommate?

You know, the gayest guy around, last name of Hilton but not sure he's Paris's kin, is famous for outing anyone he finds out is gay. If they were to commit suicide becuase thier family found out, it would not be so tragic to them.

This is even a bigger hypocracy than they are trying to put out.

Save us all the labels of racism, homophobia and gender bashing as it is perfectly o.k. and acceptable if it is a Palin or other Republican.

What assinine hogwash!

Circle the wagons teachers and polticians, the unions will protect everyone that pays dues, the hell with the students.

Saying anything about deadbeat parents is looking down on the poor, asking for results for money spent is evil capitolism and grading students is now unfair and inducing pressure into their already meager existence.

Democrats say, "Give us more money and we'll fix it all this time!"

Finland has three qualified teachers per class, spends 1/2 what we do and is number one in several areas. Give us just a little more and we can do it now? Are they serious? Good luck in november! </div></div>

Actually Obesity is hardly ever caused by anything but stuffing one's face. It's an addiction, and it happens to be an addiction that actually causes serious brain dysfunction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Health
Obese People Have 'Severe Brain Degeneration'

</div></div>

http://www.livescience.com/health/090825-obese-brain.html

I'm calling the man a big fat bully, which is exactly how he acted, and exactly what he is.

Also, we'd all like to think that we're voting for people who are well adjusted. It's a fact, people who are well adjusted, and have a healthy sense of self-esteem, do not stuff their faces to the point that they become morbidly obese.

IOW, it's a sure sign of mental and emotional problems, not to mention the brain shrinkage.

If you watched the video of how he acted, and then saw the interview of the man he abused, maybe you'd see what I'm talking about.

G..

pooltchr
10-01-2010, 01:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't see any difference between fellow posters
and figures in the news, I can't help you. </div></div>

she has made similar offensive comments about Ed's weight.
She obviously has a prejudice against large people.
And she is the biggest hypocrite on the board.

If you can't see that, I can't help you.

Steve

pooltchr
10-01-2010, 01:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't see any difference between fellow posters
and figures in the news, I can't help you. </div></div>

So attacking those who are not members of the forum is ok, but attacking fellow posters is wrong.

I think I got it.

So anyone who would post something like

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Steve Jennings comes across as a mean-spirited , bitter little ole guy who's of very limited intelligence. </div></div>

Deserves to be banned?????

The two of you are two of the biggest hypocrites I have ever encountered.

Steve

Deeman3
10-01-2010, 02:36 PM
So all those fat chicks outside the bread lines are mentally ilas well. Glad you straightened us out on that one before we accused of hating them for their slovenly lifestyle.

Qtec
10-01-2010, 11:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you ever pay attention to reality?

LWW </div></div>

Do you?

You have been squawking for a long time now about how Obama is slipping in the polls. You seem to put this down to Obama's policies, this so-called socialist agenda, this Govt takeover.
In short, you are claiming that his loss in popularity is because of what he has done, but this is just not true. Poll after poll has shown that those who voted for him think he hasn't done enough! That's the reality.

Q

Qtec
10-01-2010, 11:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is it perfectly ok in your mind for her to bash and jump subject when it is not about someone on the board? </div></div>

Of course it is! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

These are public figures, they are fair game.

Maybe G was a bit over the top but hey, we all lose it now and again. No big deal.

Personally I think when somebody is making a speech you should STFU and listen.
I didn't think he was rude to the teacher and he made his point well and explained why he thought he was right. Something most Rep politicians are incapable of.
I disagree with him but he is an intelligent guy and we shall hear more of him I think, unless he gets caught with a transvestite in the park. LOL Or should I say, until! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q

hondo
10-02-2010, 05:38 AM
All this talk about fat people is making me hungry.

LWW
10-02-2010, 05:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In short, you are claiming that his loss in popularity is because of what he has done, but this is just not true. Poll after poll has shown that those who voted for him think he hasn't done enough! That's the reality.

Q </div></div>

OMG ... now THAT is funny.

So, how do you explain that he has fallen from a high of 44% strongly approve/16% strongly disapprove (That's +28% for victims of the NEA.) to a low of 23% strongly approve/47% strongly disapprove (That's -24% for victims of the NEA.)?

And, for the mathematically challenged, that's a swing of 52%.

Let me guess ... the people who voted for Obama were actually racists? Or were they actually republicans?

The bottom line is that to the O-cult it doesn't matter ... however the party explains it, that "TRUTH" will be accepted without question. That is until they come around with the next spoon to explain why the last spoon of "TRUTH" wasn't a "TRUE" as the next spoon.

You are one amazing critter bro.

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-02-2010, 09:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is it perfectly ok in your mind for her to bash and jump subject when it is not about someone on the board? </div></div>

Maybe G was a bit over the top but hey, we all lose it now and again. No big deal.

I didn't think he was rude to the teacher and he made his point well and explained why he thought he was right. Something most Rep politicians are incapable of.
I disagree with him but he is an intelligent guy and we shall hear more of him I think, unless he gets caught with a transvestite in the park. LOL Or should I say, until! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q </div></div>

Q,
I wasn't talking about how he treated the school teacher, although didn't like the way he acted then, either.

I was talking about Christie, out in California, stumping for Meg Whitman, blocking the questions the audience was trying to get her to answer, and Christie, coming off the platform, in what was an obvious offensive, act of bullying and intimidation of one retired millionaire, Mr. Buck, a California resident, in the audience, who was trying politely to get HER to answer his questions, instead of her hiding behind big fat Christie, who for two hours was jumping in to answer questions from the audience. He took over the entire event, covering up for Whitmann, and ater two hours of it, a California resident got tired of it and wanted to ask his questions of the candidate, whitmann, not congtinue to be stonewalled by Christie, using his obese size and blubber to bash the questioner, he merely wanted his questions answered by the candidate that he had driven miles to hear from....

Watch both incidents for yourself here. christie is disgusting:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/39350640#39350640

Gayle in MD
10-02-2010, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is it perfectly ok in your mind for her to bash and jump subject when it is not about someone on the board? </div></div>

Q </div></div>

Ed thinks only Democratics are fair game, and anyone who bashes Republicans is a hypocrite and a Liar.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I'm talking behind their backs, LMAO!

Unbelievable!

G.

LWW
10-03-2010, 03:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And she doesn't even see any hypocracy in all of that.

Steve

Steve </div></div>

Doublethinkers never do.

To do so would constitute "THOUGHTCRIME" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimethink) which is the unforgivable sin against the party.

LWW

pooltchr
10-03-2010, 07:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Poll after poll has shown that those who voted for him think he hasn't done enough! That's the reality.

Q </div></div>

Would those be the same people who thought that when Obama was elected, they wouldn't have to pay for their homes, cars, and gasoline???

That would make sense, I suppose.

Steve

Gayle in MD
10-03-2010, 08:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BBBBBUTTTT , only Democrats believe in government interference!!!

It must be something else. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000">
George Bush didn't leave his vacation when he got a memo, "bin Laden determined to attack inside the United States" but he flew to Washington D.C. to interfere in a private family matter, by the correct person to make the decision, to follow the wishes of his brain dead wife, and pull the plug.

The right are all for big money for the corporate polluters, the corrupt CEo's who killed our troops through sheer greed and negligence, the Ponzi Scheme Wall Street Crooks, who walked away with America's economy stuffed in their pockets, but they expect top preformance from teachers, without paying them a decent wage, and then blame it all on the Teahers Unions.

What happens to a lot of our best teachers who live in areas which are expensive to live in, is that they have to leave teaching, because they don't make enough money to get by, and go to other professions, where they can get a decent wage.

I can't see punishing our teachers, because our students, have been dumbed down, party because they have had a huge increase in learning disabilities, due to the corporate filth that is being spread all over the world.

We live in a world where the filthy rich corporate CEO's are destroying the very health and safety of the planet, making people ill, causing all sort of learning disabilities, and then the right, who protects that kind of gross damage to all of us, cares only about protecting the Earth Killers.

Unbelievable.

Did you see the study on the children who live in NY, and the autism and ADD rates linked to all of the carbon?

Add to that, no more arts programs, Bush did away with all of that, our educational system got F-ed by Bush, with all of his feel good rheotric about NCLB, and then he turned right around and defunded the whole program....and teachers who loved to teach, had to turn their backs on actual teaching, in order to focus on test taking, to keep their jobs, insead of educating our students, in the traditional way, which is far harder to do given the poor parenting resuolts they have to contend with in today's world.

It's the only profession where people expect to get the best by paying the least.

Pure Stupidity!

As usual, rightwing BS that doesn't work. The world is eating itself alive, from overpopulation, and these idiots want to stop sex eduation, outlaw abortion, and even deny birth control!!!!

On every subject and on every issue we must solve, the right, and particularly the religious right, stands in the way of actual progress. As I always say, idealism devoid of practical critical thinking, is folly.

The right want it all, but with no scientific understanding of what must be addressed.

G..</span>

pooltchr
10-03-2010, 11:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I can't see punishing our teachers, because our students, have been dumbed down, party because they have had a huge increase in learning disabilities, due to the corporate filth that is being spread all over the world.

</div></div>

What a boatload of crap! Our students have been dumbed down at the hands of the so-called progressives who have given our schools the crazy idea that marking off for spelling errors is a bad idea, that any answer is student gives is correct, because it's that student's opinion, that telling kids they are wrong is bad for their self esteem, that everyone is entitled to the same education, regardless of whether they apply themselves or not.

When I was in school, the kids who didn't apply themselves FAILED. The had to repeat the grade until they got it.

If student test scores are down, it's because they have learned that whether they work or not, they will advance through social promotions.

To even attempt to blame poor student achievement on big corporations is beyond crazy. Only the most radical leftwing nutjobs are going to buy that theory.

Steve

pooltchr
10-03-2010, 11:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> our educational system got F-ed by Bush,
G.
</div></div>

Our educational system has been in a steady decline since the '70s. I know that you think Bush is the cause of all evil in the country, but if you think our educational system problems are his fault, you are farther gone than I ever imagined.

Steve

Qtec
10-03-2010, 08:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Poll after poll has shown that those who voted for him think he hasn't done enough! That's the reality.

Q </div></div>

Would those be the same people who thought that when Obama was elected, they wouldn't have to pay for their homes, cars, and gasoline???

Steve </div></div>

When you say something so utterly stupid its hard to take you serious. Do you realise that?

Are you really claiming that all those who voted for Obama thought that ,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> they wouldn't have to pay for their homes, cars, and gasoline???</div></div>

Show me where Obama said during his campaign that people who voted for him,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they wouldn't have to pay for their homes, cars, and gasoline??? </div></div>

Q

LWW
10-04-2010, 02:53 AM
It is obvious that many believed that.

Part of the Obama "MAGIC" was that he worded things in sych obtuse ways that people were able toi hear whatever they wanted to hear while he actually said nothing of substance.

This was pointed out many times during the campaign ... "HOPE" and "CHANGE" are not plans. They are catch phrase politics ... and leftists love such innocuous mind candy.

A brave few of us actually read his books and studied his history and knew the real Obama. Our resident leftists denied all of it and today insist that he isn't doing what is happening before their very eyes.

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-04-2010, 06:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Poll after poll has shown that those who voted for him think he hasn't done enough! That's the reality.

Q </div></div>

Steve </div></div>

When you say something so utterly stupid its hard to take you serious. Do you realise that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> they wouldn't have to pay for their homes, cars, and gasoline???</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they wouldn't have to pay for their homes, cars, and gasoline??? </div></div>

Q </div></div>

Ignorance plus racism, equals Bubbathink. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Iraq is doing GREAT, BTW....Trillions upon trillions of dollars in oil, even more than Iran, and Bush and Cheye's cronies, are racking up profits, while they gouge us at the tanks.

Thanks Republicans, for nothing!

"The deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney, said, and then some Bubba on here parroted those words. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

pooltchr
10-04-2010, 07:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Did I suggest that all of them thought that? Of course not. But we did hear from people who did believe it. </span>

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I don't believe Obama ever said it, and I didn't suggest that he did. Where did you get that crazy idea???
I said that some who voted for him believed that was going to happen if he got elected.

Are you really that dense, or did you learn reading comprehension from some hillbilly english teacher?

Steve </span>

jimmyg
10-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Just saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc

J

pooltchr
10-04-2010, 08:00 AM
This is a perfect example of the level of intelligence it took to deliver Obama to the White House!

The ignorant and stupid will support ignorance and stupidity.

Steve

hondo
10-04-2010, 03:06 PM
You want class, Q? I give you class.

Are you really that dense, or did you learn reading comprehension from some hillbilly english teacher?

Steve

Jennings puts the capital SL in sleaze, doesn't he?

I imagine his next post will say, " What makes you think I was referring to you, houndo?"

Yeah, man, these tea baggers are really honorable and honest folks, aren't they, Q?

pooltchr
10-04-2010, 03:54 PM
One would have to have class before they would be able to offer it to someone else.

Steve