PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Opinionated Advice By Others

Sid_Vicious
08-30-2002, 10:38 AM
After watching the match on TV with Reyes using his left hand on many shots and getting "oohs & ahhs" about his dexterity, then Hopkins adding in after Efren(not Efrem Allen!) missed position when going lefty saying "You can't get the same accuracy off hand, I don't care what anybody says, you just can't!" All the other times Efren(not Efrem Allen!) was a magician going left handed. It is amazing to me that some people can take a negative occurrence involving an unorthodox(to their way) method, automatically becomes opinionated. I've had friends go automatic when one of my rare miscues happens, "See, that's why I don't like those hard tips" they say. Well what about your last miscue, I want to ask. "Is your soft tip needing to be even softer?"

As I said, it just amazes me how some people accent one negative thing happening surrounding something that they personally against, probably because they are not proficient at it(IMO.) Like that positional miss by Efren(not Efrem Allen!) sid

SPetty
08-31-2002, 05:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I've had friends go automatic when one of my rare miscues happens, "See, that's why I don't like those hard tips" they say. Well what about your last miscue, I want to ask. "Is your soft tip needing to be even softer?"<hr></blockquote>Oh c'mon, Sid. You gotta admit that you were just *lucky* all those other times you didn't miscue! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
08-31-2002, 08:48 AM
Lucky is my middle name ;-) sid