PDA

View Full Version : The Tea Party candidates

hondo
10-03-2010, 06:24 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2010_Elec...ory?id=11718607 (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2010_Elections/tea-party-candidates-guidebook-2010-elections/story?id=11718607)

hondo
10-03-2010, 06:31 AM
What are they for:

gun rights- nothing new here. Me too
expanded veterans' rights-sounds good
tighter border security- right on
cuts to government spending- uh, specifics?
keep protecting tax cuts for the rich- I can't see it and I've
heard all the arguments
elimination of estate tax- more protecting the rich.
flat tax rate- maybe? I'm still undecided.
term limits- sure. why not?

hondo
10-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Against:

health care- so, we forget about health care for the working poor? Nobody's conviced me that that is a good thing.
And if we repeal the health are bill we'll never see another one.
the gap between the haves and have nots gets wider.

legal abortion- back to the back street butchers? And this is good how?
Dept of Education- maybe. curious as to how special ed and free lunch would be funded. More gaps between the haves and have nots?

Social Security- as folks who have no clue how to invest their money in the shady stock market lose everything, and have nowhere to turn, we have a nation of bitter, impoverished, angry people. and this is good how?

Recovery Act- What's done is done. I assume they mean no more.
Let's see how this goes. Maybe.

Same sex marriage- IOW, encourage promiscuity among gays. And this is good how?

Environmental cap and trade- I agree. Piss on the environment. ( cough, cough)

Gayle in MD
10-03-2010, 06:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2010_Elections/tea-party-candidates-guidebook-2010-elections/story?id=11718607 </div></div>

LMAO! They might just as well be one person.

Summary....

They all hate immigrants, and are against solving our illegal alien issues.

They all hate sick people.

They do not support the Constitution.

They want to dictate to women what they can do with their own bodies, against Womens rights.

They all hate gay's, against Gay Rights.

They say they're for expandning Veterans services, but we know, they always vote in a block, and they have voted against expanding Veterans aid consistantly.

They are opposed to spending money on education, or want to eliminate public educaton completely, which means for the poor, altogether.

They are all for continuing to socialize our economy, by taking money from the middle, and the poor, and giving it to the wealthy, IOW, they're only support the rich.

Same ol same ol....a bunch of liars, who say they support smaller government, and a balanced budget, but not one logical or workable idea of how to do it.

Given all economists of note, Left annd right, say that balancing the budget cannot happen without raising taxes on the wealthy top two percent.

Easy to prove, they are only for the rich, against the M.C. and the poor, against equal rights, against the Constitution, against women's rights, against Gay rights, against Social Security, Against ending discrimination, against solving the illegal problem, against protecting the environment, against PROGRESS!

They should be very thankful that this country has so many ignorant people, who have been thoroughly brain washed by their friendly propaganda channel, their mentally ill pundits, and the failed Republican policies, and they're still thoroughly Neo-conned!

Still promoting the very same BS that put this country into a debt hole! They still didn't notice, and still don't care...NOTHING TRICKLED DOWN! It all gushed up!

G.

Gayle in MD
10-03-2010, 09:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This review is from: Conservatives Without Conscience (Hardcover)
In "Conservatives Without Conscience," author John Dean makes the observation that seemingly good people will do unconscionable even criminal acts, and put their consciences aside without guilt. Dean wants to know why, and he provides a hypothesis to explain why some will lead people in this direction, and explain why others are willing to follow them.

The author may be well-suited for such a task. As White House Counsel to President Richard M. Nixon, and an admitted Barry Goldwater conservative, he was surrounded by the Watergate Investigation, in which White House staffers conducted burglary, perjury, obstruction of justice, and other crimes, or knew of them, or concealed them, all in the name of their leader, Richard Nixon.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>John Dean relies heavily on the work of a social psychologist, Dr. Altemeyer of the University of Manitoba, who has done much work on the theory of authoritarianism. According to Dean, Altemeyer's work in this area has been officially recognized, and he is considered an expert in the field. </span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Dr Altemeyer categorizes authoritarians as followers and leaders to varying degrees. What he also found was that authoritarians are likely to maintain certain beliefs about themselves which include a deep belief in God, patriotic, conservative, and see themselves as being more moral, ethical, honest, and better people than others in general. Their behavior however, is likely to be less honest, loyal or ethical than others. </span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Dean attempts to apply this to our modern day politicians of whom he is very selective. He finds a match between Altemeyer's theories and list of traits in people like Dick Cheney whom he contends is the real president, George W. Bush, Newt Gingrich, Bill Frist, Tom Delay and others. </span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The author provides plenty of anecdotal evidence to support his hypothesis: the president's signing statements, the secret meetings that are withheld from the public because of national security, George Bush's comments: "A dictatorship wouldn't be bad, just so long as I'm the dictator," or "I'm the decider." Newt Gingrich's ability to discard friends once he no longer finds them useful, and of course, Tom Delay who changed the rules of congress, where subterfuge and heavy-handed tactics have replaced debate, discussion, and compromise. </span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>
Because of the abiding belief in their leaders, authoritarian followers will put their scruples aside, for the greater good. Examples of these followers were: Attorney General, John Mitchell, G. Gordon Liddy, Paul Ehrichman, H.R. Haldeman, and Charles Colson during the Nixon administration. According to Dean, their modern day counterparts are members of Congress, cabinet secretaries who serve at the pleasure of the president, and millions of others who believe that patriotic Americans are leading them. </span>

The one part of this book that is unquestionable is Dean's assertion that Americans must participate in their democratic form of government if it is to succeed. It cannot be simply observed or ignored. If it is, authoritarians will pick it up and take it away. Dean warns that we haven't lost it yet, but we are losing it day by day.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>
I recommend this book (after the first chapter) because it provided another way for me to look at family members and acquaintances whose rabid or knee-jerk loyalty for anything conservative I could not explain. </span>
</div></div>

Nutjobs, just like the one's who followed Hitlers lead, and suspended critical thinking skills. Now they've had years of practice, and the latest Republican conenders, proves the results. The nuttier they are, the nastier they are, the more ignorant and angry they are, the more the right loves them.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
10-03-2010, 11:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The nuttier they are, the nastier they are, the more ignorant and angry they are, the more the right loves them.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Yes, Gayle, we love you a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

hondo
10-03-2010, 01:12 PM
And here we have the tea parties' entire contribution to the discussion:

"Yes, Gayle, we love you a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Steve

Anybody surprised? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

LWW
10-03-2010, 04:05 PM
What is astounding is that either of them actually believe they can make a qualified statement on a topic they know less than zero about.

They pontificate about the TPM ... about Beck ... about Limbaugh ... yet with repeated opportunities to listen to them or read their works they instead choose to cower in fear of actually being exposed to any data not delivered via the party spoon.

Any of you ... yes I'll offer you the chance yet again ... choose two books that support your POV and I will choose two. We can ship them to each other and then discuss one chapter each week of each person's chosen ideological choice.

I know that not, not <span style='font-size: 26pt'>ONE</span>, of the leftists here have the testicular/ovarian fortitude to take the challenge ... and that saddens me.

http://starvingwritersbooks.com/bookstore/images/LIBERTYANDTYRANNY.jpg

Choice #1 if any of our resident Alinskyites has the courage to step
outside the echo chamber..

LWW

hondo
10-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Ok. I'll go first. PM me your correct name and address and I'll send a book out.

LWW
10-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Done.

Now send me yours.

LWW

LWW
10-04-2010, 02:32 AM
Nobody thought you would actually follow through.

LWW

hondo
10-04-2010, 05:33 AM
No name, no game. I've been conned by you before.
I remember you claiming to have met Sam t the Midtown Lounge when
all you did was google it.
I would have believed you if you hadn't talked about their food.

Let's face, lww, you're the dirtiest player on here.

Give me a name. You play fair and you know I'm an honest man.

The only trouble between thee and me is thee.

This will be my last direct correspondence between us unless I get a name.
I broke my vow this once to test your sincerity.
So far, nothing new.

LWW
10-04-2010, 05:54 AM
You know my first name and a last name isn't needed to mail something.

Nobody thought you had the courage to step outside the echo chamber, and nobody does now.

To make it easy for you ... send me the name of the book you chose and I'll either buy it or check it out of the library if I don't already own it and you can do the same with my book of choice.

In fact, mail me a receipt for my ook of choice if you have to buy it and I'll reimburse you and not ask that you reimburse me for getting your book of choice.

And, we both know that the odds of you doing this are approaching zero while the odds of you blathering some ridiculous excuse are nearly 100%.

LWW

LWW
10-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Not a single taker?

Imagine that.

LWW

Qtec
10-05-2010, 03:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2010_Elections/tea-party-candidates-guidebook-2010-elections/story?id=11718607 </div></div>

...........are a joke. The frightening thing is that one day they could hold positions of power.

Q

LWW
10-05-2010, 03:54 AM
In your own words, please explain what frightens you?

LWW

LWW
10-05-2010, 03:55 AM
So H ... are you going to take the challenge, or expose your hyper-partisan true self? Again.

LWW

hondo
10-05-2010, 06:38 AM
I very clearly stated what I agreed with and what scared me about their beliefs in my 2nd and 3rd posts.

The dumbing down of America continues.
Orwell's vision of the future draws closer and closer.

If I thought the tea baggers represented a challenge to the
Tri-Lateral Commission/ military/industrial/ Big Oil/ Big Drug/
Big Brother hold on the Western world, I'd be all for them.
But I don't see it.
In fact, it appears that these are the very entities financially supporting the tea baggers.

eg8r
10-05-2010, 07:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The dumbing down of America continues.
</div></div>When did it start?

eg8r

Sev
10-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Right after the Boomer generation graduated high school.

Gayle in MD
10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2010_Elections/tea-party-candidates-guidebook-2010-elections/story?id=11718607 </div></div>

...........are a joke. The frightening thing is that one day they could hold positions of power.

Q </div></div>

A result of the dumbing down of America, which FUX Noise, and the mentally challenged RW pundits of hypocracy have managed to pull off with the weak minded right, who only believe what their mutually ill and corrupt RW press feeds them.

It's been going one and growing since Reagan set iin motion the bones of the destruction of the Middle Class, and proved that an Ameican President, CAN AND DID commit treason, and get away with it.

That was the beginning of the end of our Democracy, and the power of the law.

The Roberts, RW activist Supreme Court, legislated to destroy of the one person, one vvote, basic principle of our Democracy.

It was in and of itself, an act of treasonist Anti-Americanism.

Just another Supreme Court deecision which puts only the wealthy, in charge of everrything, including our elections.

A treu American tradegy.

G

Sev
10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Your such a yenta.

pooltchr
10-05-2010, 03:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
A result of the dumbing down of America, which FUX Noise, and the mentally challenged RW pundits of hypocracy

the weak minded right,

their mutually ill and corrupt RW press

an Ameican President, CAN AND DID commit treason, and get away with it.

G </div></div>

Is it possible for you to post anything that doesn't include your vicious partisan attacks and name calling?

Steve

LWW
10-05-2010, 04:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2010_Elections/tea-party-candidates-guidebook-2010-elections/story?id=11718607 </div></div>

Q </div></div>

A result of the dumbing down of America ...

Just another Supreme Court <span style='font-size: 11pt'>deecision</span> which puts only the wealthy, in charge of <span style='font-size: 11pt'>everrything</span>, including our elections.

A <span style='font-size: 11pt'>treu</span> American <span style='font-size: 11pt'>tradegy</span>.

G </div></div>

How precious is that post?

hondo
10-05-2010, 07:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The dumbing down of America continues.
</div></div>When did it start?

eg8r </div></div>

Intensified with Karl Rove who was simply too devious and conniving for illiterate America.

hondo
10-05-2010, 08:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your such a yenta. </div></div>

"You're"