PDA

View Full Version : Enthusiasm Gap? BWA HA HA HA, Not So Much

Gayle in MD
10-03-2010, 08:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">October 02, 2010 02:00 PM
Here's Your Enthusiasm Gap: One Nation Rally Draws More Attendees Than Beck's "Whitestock"
144 commentsBy Nicole Belle

Enthusiasm gap, schmenthusiasm gap. Without the benefit of months and months of advertising and promotion on Fox News Channel (in fact, I'm only aware of Ed Schultz on MSNBC doing any kind of TV promotion), the One Nation Working Together rally in Washington DC has gathered more supporters than Glenn Beck's much ballyhooed rally, which I will lovingly refer to as "Whitestock".

Preliminary satellite estimates put the crowd size at 175,000 to 200,000 at about noon EST. By the calculations of Bachman/Beck, et al., that would mean at least 1,000,000, non?

The question is whether the corporate media will keep pimping the "importance" and influence of the tea baggers and ignore the bigger numbers on the Democratic side of the aisle. Of the cable outlets, only C-Span is airing the event, so clearly this doesn't fit the narrative that MSNBC/CNN/Fox want to push.

FreeSpeechTV is livestreaming the event (although they have had technical problems off and on that periodically take down the site)
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>
Dave N., reporting live: Amazing. The crowd size was clearly larger than the one at Beckapalooza, and the energy was outstanding. You can see the video I shot above. </span>
Also amazing: The kind of camera work I saw from C-SPAN. It looked to me as if they were deliberately shooting the few empty seats that were close to the podium. These empty spaces were largely the result of the way the crowd was fenced at the Mall. But as you can see, it was a massive event.

And yes, I was reminded once again that, for whatever disappointment we may feel with the way the progressive agenda has been stymied and diluted the past couple of years, every progressive voter needs to ask him/herself: Do I want to spend the next two years playing offense or defense?

Then get out in November and do the right thing.

</div></div>

http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/heres-your-enthusiasm-gap-one-nation-

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Pretty obvious, as I have been saying, both C-Span, and MSNBC/NBC, rightwing. Here we have MSNBC with one of their own program moderators, at the forefront, and they don't even carry it.

Quite an invigorating experience, to see every race, and every gender, gays, straights, veterans, all levels of economic wealth, repreented, and not one hate sign.

I'd say the REAL AMerica, is alive and well, and leans markedly left-center, even if the media, doesn't.

G.

LWW
10-03-2010, 08:43 AM
That is the only source saying that the crowd was even close in size.

But, as I knew you would, I see you are celebrating a meeting of CPUSA and Marx

hondo
10-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Most estimates are 100,000 for Beck and 175,000-200,000 for OneNation.

jimmyg
10-04-2010, 07:43 PM
“The ingenuity of self-deception is inexhaustible”

Hannah Moore

Gayle in MD
10-04-2010, 08:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most estimates are 100,000 for Beck and 175,000-200,000 for OneNation. </div></div>

This rally was far more successful than Becks, in every way. Not one Hate sign, not one racist sign, and if America is a melting pot, this rally was by far, the picture of The Real America.
G.

Sev
10-04-2010, 08:18 PM
One huge difference between the two. The place was spotless when Becks rally ended.

It was a pigsty when those people left.

And no it was not larger than Becks rally.

LWW
10-05-2010, 02:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most estimates are 100,000 for Beck and 175,000-200,000 for OneNation. </div></div>

This rally was far more successful than Becks, in every way. Not one Hate sign, not one racist sign, and if America is a melting pot, this rally was by far, the picture of The Real America.
G.

</div></div>

Don't you ever fact check ANYTHING?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iosqTaPsuOQ/TKjN1lEzKzI/AAAAAAAACKs/ODf7UCyvQs8/s320/one+nation+rally+025.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iosqTaPsuOQ/TKfRonNXZZI/AAAAAAAACKQ/TXgpcADHo9Q/s320/one+nation+rally+036.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iosqTaPsuOQ/TKfRvL11qaI/AAAAAAAACKU/0o4E8VA6wqg/s320/one+nation+rally+005.jpg http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iosqTaPsuOQ/TKfQ7FlaMyI/AAAAAAAACJw/tVzWWk1jaOY/s320/one+nation+rally+040.jpg
OH DEAR! (http://912member.blogspot.com/2010/10/signs-of-one-nation-rally.html)

LWW

LWW
10-05-2010, 02:15 AM
From the photos, it was maybe 25% the size of Beck's rally.

LWW

eg8r
10-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Who is providing these estimates? I don't care one way or the other but it is safe to say it is easy to tell which way the estimates will swing when you look at the person or group providing the estimates.

eg8r

eg8r
10-05-2010, 07:00 AM
So you and lww say Beck's rally was larger and honduh and gayle say the other rally was bigger. It is a tie.

eg8r

hondo
10-05-2010, 07:00 AM
All I did was google it and that's what came up.

Who cares? It wouldn't surprise me if Beck drew more people.

He's a snake oil salesman and the American people will swallow
anything.

Gayle in MD
10-05-2010, 11:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I did was google it and that's what came up.

Who cares? It wouldn't surprise me if Beck drew more people.

He's a snake oil salesman and the American people will swallow
anything. </div></div>

I'd say I'm probably the only one here who saw both rallies, and also, the DC and Capital Policemen I know, agree, this rally was much larger than Becks, and behave like adults, witout racist, gaybashing, childish divisive hate signs.

It was not a crowd of angry idiotic ignorant Bubbas, like Beck's "Whitestock" gathering, is was a group of Americans, of all age, ethnic, gender and political persuasions, who marched in support of America's principles, not out of juvenile anger tantrums, of sexist, racist, slanderous thoughts and actions, growing out of hate and ignorance...

A very uplifting, annd patriotic display, of love for country, and inclusion of all of it's citizens.

The right must feel pretty stupid, hence, they must attack, twist and lie about the superiority of the tone last weekend, compared to these last ttwo years of RW hate, sexism, racism and ignorance, on display.

Ed's rally really showed the TPers up for their slimey Bubba approach of hate, racism and slander, for which they are known.

G.

Deeman3
10-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Msnbc, CBS and ABC all identified the rally as much smaller then Beck's. Does misrepresenting the facts really count for anything anymore?

Yes, you may have seen both rallys but the photos show the story.

I imagine you just can't see the signs on your side or the true count of the person's attending.

We will have to see what the real count is in November.

Gayle in MD
10-05-2010, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Msnbc, CBS and ABC all identified the rally as much smaller then Beck's. Does misrepresenting the facts really count for anything anymore?

Yes, you may have seen both rallys but the photos show the story.

I imagine you just can't see the signs on your side or the true count of the person's attending.
Then you imaine wrong. [/color]

We will have to see what the real count is in November. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes we will, and as I have stated all along, Democratics will likely lose some seats, it would be an historical first if they didn't, but IMO, they will not win majority of both houses.

Even if they do, thank heaven, the President still holds the Veto Pen!

I'm sure the right cannot wait for the Republicans to get back in there and finish the destruction of America, which so far, this President, and the Democratic majority, have managed to divert, Bush's Great Depression. Our economy is improving, and our President, and the Democratic majority, performed brilliantly, accomplishing things which previous presidents, and majorities had tried and failed to accomplish, far and beyond the accomplishments of any other majority or president.

I have posted a number of reputable fact check sites, along with CBO estimates, and studies on what caused the crash, and the deficits, and FYI, most Americans, as I do, blame Bush and the Republicans, for the disastrous circumstances we were facing when President Obama took office, and also, proof that the majority of the deficit we face now, is still a result of Bush, and his blank check majority, as well as proof that the stimulus saved and created many jobs. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">
As for crowd sized, I will take the word of my long time friends and asociates who have measured crowd numbers in D.C. for decades, before I would rely on any media estimates, Deeman.

C-Span was caught setting up cameras in order to skew the appearance of how many were there. There were people right there, who approached them about it, and asked them why they were doing so.

MSNBC did not say Beck's rally was larger, that I know of, and further, you do not provide any links to prove your assertions. Aside from that, my post is mostly about the huge difference in behavior, mood, and the dignity, honorable intentions, and general overall flavor of the message from the rally, including the lack of UnAmerican and offensive Signage and hatred, which we have seen over and over again from the right, and from the Tea Party. My post is about the ingivorating enthusiasm of a huge crowd of Americans, who believe in their country, support one another, all ages, all colors, all ethnic, gender and sexual persuasions, which included all Americans, as inheritors of the Bill Of Rights, and the Constitution of the United States of America, not just the top two percent, not just the corporate pigs who have trashed the environment of the globe, but for all Americans, Equal Rights, Under The Law.

It was a day of Patriotic celebration, which was the main subject of my post. Also, as a former graphic artist, pictures don't mean much to me, I am well aware of how they can be tampered with, and to what degree.

At the very least, the crowd sizes were comprable. I was there, were you?

G.</span>

Sev
10-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Leaving trash strewn all over the place is very patriotic.
A real example of personal responsibility.

Deeman3
10-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Gayle,

As long as they get enough to crash this spending to a halt, most will be safisfied for now.

No, I was not there. I would have told you if I was. You are the only source I have heard that claims they were anywhere near comparible including the left news outlets I stated above.

Gayle in MD
10-05-2010, 10:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle,

As long as they get enough to crash this spending to a halt, most will be safisfied for now.

No, I was not there. I would have told you if I was. You are the only source I have heard that claims they were anywhere near comparible including the left news outlets I stated above. </div></div>

Links? You seem to forget there were two rally's on the day Beck launched his political action church of Beckistan....

I think the numbers were pretty close....

It's a little late to worry about spending, Deeman. A shame, it wasn't a concern to the right, while Bush was diging the debt hole, annd the Republicans were breaking the earmark record.

G.

LWW
10-06-2010, 02:08 AM
The cameras were there, you weren't.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/ONLINE%20ARGUMENTS/x2_2e4d29e.jpg

LWW