PDA

View Full Version : Angle Says "GOPers Have Lost Their Principles"

Gayle in MD
10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/ralston...goper/#comments (http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/ralstons-flash/2010/oct/03/angle-im-not-sure-i-can-win-if-ashjians-natl-goper/#comments)

Angle: “I’m not sure I can win” if Ashjian’s in, nat’l GOPers “have lost their principles,” need to “leave me alone”
By Jon Ralston · October 3, 2010 · 1:03 PM

Listen to audio of Angle-Ashjian sit-down
Listen to MP3 version
Team Reid: 'supreme hypocrisy' by trying to make deal

That’s just some of what GOP Senate nominee Sharron Angle said during a meeting Wednesday evening with Tea Party of Nevada candidate Scott Ashjian and Tea Party of Nevada Chairman Sid James at the home of Richard Ziser, who lost to Harry Reid in 1994 and now is an adviser to the Angle campaign and also participated in the conversation.

A tape of the 38-minute meeting that I have obtained provides a rare window into the kinds of discussions that take place during campaigns behind closed doors, redolent of the authenticity that disappears in public or in TV ads.

The conversation reveals Angle almost desperate to show Ashjian they are like-minded, that they both disdain the major parties, but insistent that the Tea Party of Nevada contender could help Reid win if he doesn’t embrace her candidacy. Ashjian emphasizes he believes a third party is the only way and that he believes he can garner a fifth of the vote, which seems fantastically optimistic, to put it mildly.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Angle expresses disdain for the national GOP, which she says she now has “in a box” because she won the primary, which caused the DC types after her June 8 victory to still be “moaning and groaning and weeping and gnashing teeth over Sue Lowden.” Later, she tries to persuade Ashjian to endorse her because she will have “juice” he can tap into to get access to Sens. Jim DeMint, Tom Coburn and Mitch McConnell.</span>I can just hear it now: The woman who calls the majority leader “Let’s Make a Deal Harry Reid” becomes “Let’s Make a Deal Sharron Angle”

At the meeting’s outset, Ashjian seems open to a deal, suggesting if he can get an apology from the Tea Party Express, “we can get on board.” He claims he does not want money, wants the lawsuits about his candidacy to go away – remember those voicemails from GOP lawyer Cleta Mitchell posted elsewhere on my blog suggest she was trying to “settle” something with him. By the end of the meeting, it’s clear this attempted backroom bargain is going nowhere – and I’m not sure Ashjian ever wanted it to.

There’s a lot more, too, including:

----Angle’s open disgust with her own party’s leaders and principles (or lack thereof)

----James’ obvious abandonment of Ashjian’s candidacy and insistence that Angle will lose unless he withdraws and that there is still time to get his name off the ballot

----Some brief trashing of Sen. John Ensign by Ziser and Ashjian

----Ashjian’s claims of physical threats and of being followed

----Angle’s agreement with him that both major parties are “corrupt”

----Angle’s claim to have taken over the Washoe County Republican Party and having her “guys” in the Clark County GOP

----Her promise to deliver to Ashjian “anything I can personally,” including an apology from the Tea Party Express after the election.

It is a unique and quite entertaining fly-on-the-wall look inside a campaign.

I have posted an audio file of the meeting at right and below are some snippets of the conversation. As you will hear if you listen to the audio, some of what Angle says is muffled, but I have listened to the tape four times and extracted as much as I could. (Ashjian is slated to be on “Face to Face” on Monday to discuss the taping and the conversation.)

Considering this tape is now out, you have to ask the question: What in the world was Angle thinking taking this meeting? That, by the way, is the question Cleta Mitchell asked herself after she heard about her candidate taking it.)

----------------------

Angle

pooltchr
10-04-2010, 10:50 AM
You have spent years bashing the GOP leadership relentlessly. Now Angle is stating that they have problems.
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>You and Angle AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

How does that make you feel?

Steve

LWW
10-04-2010, 04:15 PM
That was another example of doublethink.

LWW

Qtec
10-05-2010, 04:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have spent years bashing the GOP leadership relentlessly. Now Angle is stating that they have problems.

Steve </div></div>

You have spent years defending this party that has it all wrong!

How do you feel? Pretty stupid I think.

Q

LWW
10-05-2010, 04:22 AM
Why do you cling so desperately to the lie?

What has fueled the TPM is that the GOP became democrook lite ... and the democrooks have been taken over by wild eyed bearded Marxists.

LWW

pooltchr
10-05-2010, 07:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q </div></div>

No, I haven't. That is a lie.
I feel fine, and will feel better when we get rid of the crooks and idiots on both sides who are in DC right now.
More name calling? You're losing it, Q.

Steve

Gayle in MD
10-05-2010, 11:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have spent years bashing the GOP leadership relentlessly. Now Angle is stating that they have problems.

Steve </div></div>

Q </div></div>

As usual, unable to discuss the subject of the post, Steve continues to stalk every one of my posts in his quest to attack, insult, and harrass me on this forum, as well as on AZ, where I don't even post.

Then he tries to claim that he isn't the problem here.

Incredible, and out of touch with reality, as usual.

G.

pooltchr
10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have spent years bashing the GOP leadership relentlessly. Now Angle is stating that they have problems.

Steve </div></div>

Q </div></div>

As usual, unable to discuss the subject of the post, Steve continues to stalk every one of my posts in his quest to attack, insult, and harrass me on this forum, as well as on AZ, where I don't even post.

Then he tries to claim that he isn't the problem here.

Incredible, and out of touch with reality, as usual.

G.

</div></div>

There was no attack and no insult in my post. I simply pointed out that you and Angle are on the same side of the topic, and asked you how you felt about being in agreement with one of the hated TP members.

And following your usual pattern, you ignore the question, and try diversion as your last ditch effort.

Try answering the question. How can Angle be wrong for saying the same thing about the party that you have been saying for years????

Sev
10-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Perhaps you should start dear.
After all you do have an account there. Why waste it?

pooltchr
10-05-2010, 03:06 PM
They would chew her up and spit her out over there!

Steve

Qtec
10-06-2010, 01:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q </div></div>

I feel fine, and will feel better when we get rid of the crooks and idiots on both sides who are in DC right now.

Steve
</div></div>

What name did I call you?

Q

Gayle in MD
10-06-2010, 06:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q </div></div>

Steve
</div></div>

What name did I call you?

Q </div></div>

Some people are so ignorant and quick to turn every post ibto a personal battle, they don't even understand the connection. Angle has been bashing back room deals, all along, now here she is recorded in her own quest for a back room deal.

Oh, and Q, you know this little thing about the righties on here attacking and slandering us for being critical of Bush and the spendoholic Republicans, well, that was all just an illusion.

They were in agreement with us all along, BWA HA HA HA! It was all just ouor imagination.

Hard to read their BS, "Take responsibility for what you do" when they continue to deny what we all know they did, for eight years. I don't read their BS, except when someone else quotes them. You're the best one on here for blowing their BS away.

Bravo!

G.

Sev
10-06-2010, 06:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They would chew her up and spit her out over there!

Steve </div></div>

Maybe. But we do have Sheldon, GBRU, Gromulan, sjb and Q over there that would take her side. I would not be a 1 sided debate.

hondo
10-06-2010, 06:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They would chew her up and spit her out over there!

Steve </div></div>

Maybe. But we do have Sheldon, GBRU, Gromulan, sjb and Q over there that would take her side. I would not be a 1 sided debate. </div></div>

No, jennings is absolutely right.
It's like a pack of rabid dogs over there.
I'm amazed that Sheldon, GRBU, and SJB can stand it.

As I've stated over and over again, IF I get back on, it's strictly pool for me.

Just opening a thread over there and watching them crawl all over someone with another opinion creeps me out.

It's far worse than it was a year ago.

Gayle in MD
10-06-2010, 07:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They would chew her up and spit her out over there!

Steve </div></div>

Maybe. But we do have Sheldon, GBRU, Gromulan, sjb and Q over there that would take her side. I would not be a 1 sided debate. </div></div>

As I've stated over and over again, IF I get back on, it's strictly pool for me.

Just opening a thread over there and watching them crawl all over someone with another opinion creeps me out.

It's far worse than it was a year ago. </div></div>

Doesn't sound very different from right here.

I think they should take up a collection to help their brothers, Steve, Sev, LWW, so they can get some counseling, to break their uncontrollable addiction to me.

Here's a funny story for you friend, I saw a clip last night of the Presidential Seal, falling off a Lecturne, while President Obama was speaking. The minute it happened I knew one of these nutjobs on here would say it was a Omen.

Then I sign on here today, and there it is, "Was it an Omen?" by the chief nutjob, of course.

I haven't read his thread, because I NEVER read anything he writes, but it's a good example of what I've been talking about. One doesn't even have to read what they write in their posts. The titles say it all, and anyway, It's
always just more of the same stupid Bubbathink, they always post.

No value, no pertinence, and no logic, IOW, a total waste of time for anny intelligent person.

G.

hondo
10-06-2010, 09:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They would chew her up and spit her out over there!

Steve </div></div>

G. </div></div>

The difference, Gayle, is that there are are 40 lwws on
AZ and 40 more jennings, most of which are much ruder than lww.
We've got a table full of haters on here.
They have an auditorium of haters on there.
Actually, lww and jennings are minor players on AZ, and , honestly, at least on that forum, more civil than many of the regulars.

The pool section is pretty interesting, however. I find that that's what I miss.
Plus, the cue section. I have a nice collection of cues.

Also, I have made a number of friends at DCC.

Gayle in MD
10-06-2010, 10:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They would chew her up and spit her out over there!

Steve </div></div>

G. </div></div>

The difference, Gayle, is that there are are 40 lwws on
AZ and 40 more jennings, most of which are much ruder than lww.
We've got a table full of haters on here.
They have an auditorium of haters on there.
Actually, lww and jennings are minor players on AZ, and , honestly, at least on that forum, more civil than many of the regulars.

The pool section is pretty interesting, however. I find that that's what I miss.
Plus, the cue section. I have a nice collection of cues.

Also, I have made a number of friends at DCC. </div></div>

I joined AZ many, many years ago, back when I first signed up on here, but never posted over there.

Since having a sample of the AZers here, and noticing the kind of BDers who join right in with them, I have no interest in that site, at all. We have enough AZ types on here already.

I couldn't even recall my password, so had to re-sign, some months ago, for a reason, but I had printed up what I needed to document, even before that, and haven't been back there since.

My Attorney has the pictures that Wolf referred to. It was an open link, anyone could access.

All of the lies regarding what was there, were expected, and continue.

Par, considering the source.

G.

pooltchr
10-06-2010, 11:14 AM
I suppose all this talk about your attorneys shouldn't be construed as a threat toward anyone on this forum.

I suspect that someone has probably documented many of your posts as well.

Also, you claim that someone posted your name on this forum. Yet it doesn't seem to bother you to see one of your buds doing it to someone on your hate list. The thing is, it doesn't bother me, as I am not afraid of anyone knowing who I am. I don't hide behind a keyboard. Can you or your cronies say the same thing?

You are so hypocritical it's almost laughable.