PDA

View Full Version : My wife's students

hondo
10-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Yesterday 8 students in her English class showed up with tee shirts saying, " Proud to be an Obama hater."

My wife said fine but she would like to hear why they hated Obama so much.

Silence. They looked around at each other with sneers and
looked at her with sheer contempt on their faces.

She asked if anybody could give her at least one answer.

Finally, one said, " Because he's a GDN!"
The others laughed and applauded.

eg8r
10-05-2010, 07:23 AM
How old are they?

eg8r

Sev
10-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Apparently racism is alive and well in WV as well as other places.
So much for a post racism presidency.

Gayle in MD
10-05-2010, 11:23 AM
[quote=hondo]Yesterday 8 students in her English class showed up with tee shirts saying, " Proud to be an Obama hater."

No doubt the children of White Supremacist, racist parents. The Republican Party, and the TPers, have displayd a very ugly and damaging picture for our children, but it doesn't take away from the pride that the left has celebrated since the last election, pride in voting in our first African Amerian President, who, along with the Democratic Majority, have accomplished so many Hitoric successes, and proof of America's valuable results of having worked for equality, working together as Liberals, to promote equality, equal opportunity, and respect for te rights of ALL Americans, and to celebrate living in a country which provides the opportunity of a public education, for all.

G.

pooltchr
10-05-2010, 11:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

No doubt the children of White Supremacist, racist parents.
G.

</div></div>

Hard to believe you would find anything like that in West Virginai.

Steve

Sev
10-05-2010, 12:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=hondo]Yesterday 8 students in her English class showed up with tee shirts saying, " Proud to be an Obama hater."

No doubt the children of White Supremacist, racist parents. The Republican Party, and the TPers, have displayd a very ugly and damaging picture for our children, but it doesn't take away from the pride that the left has celebrated since the last election, pride in voting in our first African Amerian President, who, along with the Democratic Majority, have accomplished so many Hitoric successes, and proof of America's valuable results of having worked for equality, working together as Liberals, to promote equality, equal opportunity, and respect for te rights of ALL Americans, and to celebrate living in a country which provides the opportunity of a public education, for all.

G.

</div></div>

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/Emoticons/emot11.gif

hondo
10-05-2010, 07:56 PM
17-18

hondo
10-05-2010, 07:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently racism is alive and well in WV as well as other places.
So much for a post racism presidency. </div></div>

Folks have been trying to convince the neo-cons on AZ of that for some time.

Nice of you to finally recognize it.

hondo
10-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Small town country kids. Mainly of Democratic parents. Many are lower middle class.

She has some black students and there are many mulatto students in her county but these kids were all white.Mainly rural, vocational students.

LWW
10-06-2010, 02:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Small town country kids. Mainly of Democratic parents.</div></div>

Thanks for telling the truth.

LWW

hondo
10-06-2010, 06:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Small town country kids. Mainly of Democratic parents. Many are lower middle class.

She has some black students and there are many mulatto students in her county but these kids were all white.Mainly rural, vocational students. </div></div>

As much as I like vocational programs and think that's the way many of these kids should go,I will give you one observation.

In my 30 years of teaching, the most bigoted, narrow minded, lyingest, cheating kids I had were good ole boys from the country who belonged to FFA.
Of course I'm generalizing. I had some very fine FFA kids, especially girls, but, sadly, many of the boys had a lot of hate in them towards minorities, even though they had encountered few themselves.

These ole boys would swear to God they didn't cheat on a test when you know they did.
They'd say about the Middle East, " Nuke em all and let God sort em out."
Most never went to church and yet claimed to be Christian.
They were the ones you had to chase after to pay their bills.
They'd get crude with girls and kiss and tell.
They were homophobic.
At my wife's school they bullied hippies and goths.

Hmmm. Come to think of it, they remind me of a lot of these characters on the forums.

Gayle in MD
10-06-2010, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Small town country kids. Mainly of Democratic parents. Many are lower middle class.

She has some black students and there are many mulatto students in her county but these kids were all white.Mainly rural, vocational students. </div></div>

As much as I like vocational programs and think that's the way many of these kids should go,I will give you one observation.

In my 30 years of teaching, the most bigoted, narrow minded, lyingest, cheating kids I had were good ole boys from the country who belonged to FFA.
Of course I'm generalizing. I had some very fine FFA kids, especially girls, but, sadly, many of the boys had a lot of hate in them towards minorities, even though they had encountered few themselves.

These ole boys would swear to God they didn't cheat on a test when you know they did.
They were homophobic.

Hmmm. Come to think of it, they remind me of a lot of these characters on the forums. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These ole boys would swear to God they didn't cheat on a test when you know they did.
They were homophobic.
</div></div>
Sounds like Gingrich, De Mint, McConnell, Vitter, Limpballs, Palin, O'Donnell, Ensign, Sanford, Craig, Boehner, Backman, Paladino, and a slew of the Tea Party candidates.

G.

LWW
10-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Really?

Since you slander them, perhaps you can link us to similar quotes they have made?

What's that?

You can't?

Nobody thought you could.

LWW

Sev
10-06-2010, 07:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently racism is alive and well in WV as well as other places.
So much for a post racism presidency. </div></div>

Folks have been trying to convince the neo-cons on AZ of that for some time.

Nice of you to finally recognize it. </div></div>

Never ever said racism doesn't exist. Jew. Remember?
Antisemites abound everywhere.

hondo
10-06-2010, 07:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Small town country kids. Mainly of Democratic parents. Many are lower middle class.

They were homophobic.

Hmmm. Come to think of it, they remind me of a lot of these characters on the forums. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These ole boys would swear to God they didn't cheat on a test when you know they did.
They were homophobic.
</div></div>
Sounds like Gingrich, De Mint, McConnell, Vitter, Limpballs, Palin, O'Donnell, Ensign, Sanford, Craig, Boehner, Backman, Paladino, and a slew of the Tea Party candidates.

G. </div></div>

Of course my wife's students that I was talking about love the Tea Party. No surprise there.

As Sev pointed out, West Virginia is rapidly going Republican.
For years West Virginians understood that of the two parties,
Republicans protected the wealthy and could care less about the
working poor. The Dems were crooks also but were the better option.

But, let's face it, as much as I hate to admit it there are a lot of ignorant hillbillies in my state who are easily conned.

Tell em Dems are going to take away their guns or their Medicare
and their heads are turned. Bombard them with ads attacking the other side and they think, "Well, jeepers, Vern, I didn't know that!"

I am getting more and more disappointed in my state.

Gayle in MD
10-06-2010, 07:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Small town country kids. Mainly of Democratic parents. Many are lower middle class.

They were homophobic.

They were homophobic.
</div></div>

G. </div></div>

Of course my wife's students that I was talking about love the Tea Party. No surprise there.

But, let's face it, as much as I hate to admit it there are a lot of ignorant hillbillies in my state who are easily conned.

and their heads are turned. Bombard them with ads attacking the other side and they think, "Well, jeepers, Vern, I didn't know that!"

I am getting more and more disappointed in my state. </div></div>

I can dig it, friend, and that's the entire Republican strategy, dupe the more ignorant, faith based, non thinkers. They're an easy mark.

That doesn't mean that I think all believers ae stupid, but as I'm sure you have noticed, the radical RW ones, in the rural areas, are short on critical thinking skills. they've been voting against their own best interests, seen the results, and STILL haven't understood the results.

Hence, we see a slew of candidates as stupid as O'Donnell, who like Palin, with their BS about God told them to run, hey, an insult to God if he's up there.

Remember the Republicans giving Vitter a standing ovation when he came back after it was exposed that he had been involved in buying prostitutes!

That was the true picture of the Republican Party, complete hypocrites.

G.

Sev
10-06-2010, 07:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Small town country kids. Mainly of Democratic parents. Many are lower middle class.

They were homophobic.

They were homophobic.
</div></div>

G. </div></div>

I am getting more and more disappointed in my state. </div></div>

What WV needs is industry and manufacturing to get back on its feet. Unfortunately it is near impossible to achieve due to federal legislation and ecological wacko's.

LWW
10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
What's amazing is that one of the regime's stated goals is to cripple the West Virginia economy by crippling the coal industry ... yet the self proclaimed "educated" West Virginians seem to cheer for the impoverishment of their homeland.

That would be like an Ethiopian clamoring for it's government to bring more drought, disease, and famine upon them.

LWW

pooltchr
10-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Education does not always equate to intelligence.

Steve

LWW
10-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Past a certain level it actually seems to mean less intelligence.

Look at the number of college professors who are devout Marxist true believers who truly believe that an ideology which has led to well over 100,000,000 deaths of innocents within the last century will somehow work out if it's tried just one more time.

LWW

pooltchr
10-07-2010, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Nice attitude for a teacher to have toward his students!

Were you a failure as a teacher for not convincing them to see life the way you see it? Or did they see your example and decide they wanted to be nothing like you?

The fact that you think your fellow West Virginians are ignorant doesn't say much for the educational system in your state.

Steve

LWW
10-07-2010, 09:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there are a lot of ignorant hillbillies in my state who are easily conned.</div></div>

The regime is counting heavily on that.

LWW