PDA

View Full Version : Insanity- Absurdity- UnAmericanism Of BubbaThink

Gayle in MD
10-05-2010, 12:02 PM
<span style="color: #FF0000">Christian values of the Bible Belt? A national disgrace!</span>

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/Firefighters-watch-as-home-burns-to-the-ground-104052668.html

Sev
10-05-2010, 12:32 PM
In 1969 our hotel burned to the ground because fire companies could not cross town lines. Multiple companies sat across the railroad tracks and watch a building of which part was constructed in 1644 burn to the ground.

That rule was changed shortly there after. Today our volunteer fire departments in the area are very well equipped and do an outstanding job.

While I dont agree with what occurred if you are supposed to pay for the service this gentleman got exactly what he didnt pay for.
You also do not need car insurance in TN unless there is a lean on it.

I am very curious if this guy had house insurance. My bet is that he did not.

Who should pay to rebuild his house because he lacked personal responsibility??

sack316
10-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Very sad indeed, and part of me wished they had helped.

But if they had, who would actually pay the $75 anymore? And if nobody pays, then there is no fire department there. It's a sad, sad catch-22 there.

Besides, if you skimp out on property taxes, there's a good chance your home will get auctioned off. That would be very unfortunate for a family to become displaced from their home for such a reason, but that's how it is and nobody would be crying over that situation. And in the end, it's not so different.

Sack

Gayle in MD
10-05-2010, 01:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very sad indeed, and part of me wished they had helped.

But if they had, who would actually pay the $75 anymore? And if nobody pays, then there is no fire department there. It's a sad, sad catch-22 there.

Besides, if you skimp out on property taxes, there's a good chance your home will get auctioned off. That would be very unfortunate for a family to become displaced from their home for such a reason, but that's how it is and nobody would be crying over that situation. And in the end, it's not so different.

Sack </div></div>

Sack,
I can't believe you think that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Cranicks told 9-1-1 they would pay firefighters, whatever the cost, to stop the fire before it spread to their house.

"When I called I told them that. My grandson had already called there and he thought that when I got here I could get something done, I couldn't," Paulette Cranick.

</div></div>If this is what our country is coming to, we might just as well all throw in the towel. I've seen firemen spend hours getting a cat down from a tree. IMO, There is absolutely NO EXCUSE, for such blatant inhumanity!

My God, are we a nation who has but one value, the damn dollar bill, regardless of what is at risk? I knew Republicans don't give a damn about poisoning all of us, making all of us ill with toxins, to benefit the corporations that trash our environment, but three animals died in the fire, and a family lost everything, over $75.00, after pleading and promising they would cover the costs.

Is this isn't blatant inhumanity, I don't know what is!

Compeltely repulsive behvior, IMO.

G.

Sev
10-05-2010, 02:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very sad indeed, and part of me wished they had helped.

Sack </div></div>

Sack,
I can't believe you think that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Cranicks told 9-1-1 they would pay firefighters, whatever the cost, to stop the fire before it spread to their house.

"When I called I told them that. My grandson had already called there and he thought that when I got here I could get something done, I couldn't," Paulette Cranick.

</div></div>If this is what our country is coming to, we might just as well all throw in the towel. I've seen firemen spend hours getting a cat down from a tree. IMO, There is absolutely NO EXCUSE, for such blatant inhumanity!

My God, are we a nation who has but one value, the damn dollar bill, regardless of what is at risk? I knew Republicans don't give a damn about poisoning all of us, making all of us ill with toxins, to benefit the corporations that trash our environment, but three animals died in the fire, and a family lost everything, over $75.00, after pleading and promising they would cover the costs.

Is this isn't blatant inhumanity, I don't know what is!

Compeltely epulsive behvior, IMO.

G. </div></div>

Yes they did Gayle. Because the owner did not exercise personal responsibility.

It would seem your more upset about animals than the actual humans involved in the unfortunate incident.

sack316
10-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Hey, I'm not saying I necessarily think that it's right, but that I understand the other side of it to. Please don't mistake me, the thought of the whole ordeal makes me sick (and I did not read in the article where any animals died, your last post was the first I heard of that).

But in this situation, what is your solution? Say they did take care of the fire. How many people in that town will then say "well I'll save my $75 because they'll take care of me anyway"? I'd wager the majority would. Then there is no money to have a fire department, and nobody gets protection. Would that be better?

Stop paying your premiums on your car insurance and wreck your car. Could ya say to them "ok, if ya fix it this one time I promise I'll pay up on them from now on... but I REALLY need my car right now!"

"I'll gladly pay your Tuesday for a hamburger today"

Sack

Sev
10-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Lets make an analogy concerning morality

Gayle is a very strong supporter of Pro choice. A woman's body is her temple and anything in it is fair game.
People that are pro choice have no problem terminating what will become a human being at their discretion.
Fair enough.

However when an individual or individual decide not to help other individuals it is construed as being morally wrong.

Sorry. I dont see it that way. I see no moral difference in deciding not to aid a fellow human in need vs prematurely terminating a human life for your own convenience.

Its a decision. What the basis is for the decision is not relevant.

eg8r
10-05-2010, 07:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If this is what our country is coming to, we might just as well all throw in the towel. I've seen firemen spend hours getting a cat down from a tree.</div></div>I sure hope you were there protesting that the owner of the cat pay the salary of all those firefighters spending hours on one cat.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-05-2010, 10:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, I'm not saying I necessarily think that it's right, but that I understand the other side of it to. Please don't mistake me, the thought of the whole ordeal makes me sick (and I did not read in the article where any animals died, your last post was the first I heard of that).

But in this situation, what is your solution? Say they did take care of the fire. How many people in that town will then say "well I'll save my $75 because they'll take care of me anyway"? I'd wager the majority would. Then there is no money to have a fire department, and nobody gets protection. Would that be better?

Stop paying your premiums on your car insurance and wreck your car. Could ya say to them "ok, if ya fix it this one time I promise I'll pay up on them from now on... but I REALLY need my car right now!"

"I'll gladly pay your Tuesday for a hamburger today"

Sack </div></div>

I think that when someone's house on fire, it is absolutely criminal for the state or county politicians to tell firemen to let it burn to the ground, if the town is missing a seventy-five dollar add on tax, from the owners...

If this is an example of southern style hospitality, Libertarian style independence, Christianity's "Love they neighbor" and the coming Republican powered "You're on your own" world, all I can say is it sucks.

People aren't perfect, they forget things, they go through periods of strife, someone is ill, or someone has died, and they didn't get around to sending in seventy-five bucks, so the town directs the firemen to let the man's whole house burn down?

OMG, what is this country coming to....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But in this situation, what is your solution? Say they did take care of the fire. How many people in that town will then say "well I'll save my $75 because they'll take care of me anyway"? I'd wager the majority would. Then there is no money to have a fire department, and nobody gets protection. Would that be better?
</div></div>

Sack, if that's what you're learning in college, or in church, all I can say is I find it tragic.

G.

sack316
10-06-2010, 04:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
People aren't perfect, they forget things, they go through periods of strife, someone is ill, or someone has died, and they didn't get around to sending in seventy-five bucks, so the town directs the firemen to let the man's whole house burn down?</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I thought they'd come out and put it out, even if you hadn't paid your $75, but I was wrong," said Gene Cranick. </div></div>

This was not a case of forgetting, period of strife, illness, death, or plain old forgetting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But in this situation, what is your solution? Say they did take care of the fire. How many people in that town will then say "well I'll save my $75 because they'll take care of me anyway"? I'd wager the majority would. Then there is no money to have a fire department, and nobody gets protection. Would that be better?
</div></div>

Sack, if that's what you're learning in college, or in church, all I can say is I find it tragic.

G.
</div></div>

It doesn't take college (and I don't go to church) to learn about reality. It's not complicated: No $$$ for fire department=no fire department... for anybody. If they showed they'll take care of a fire for someone who didn't pay their part, do you not think others would stop paying?

And of course it's tragic, and I'm not saying it's right or that I agree with it.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"They're doing their job," Paulette Cranick said of the firefighters. "They're doing what they are told to do. It's not their fault." </div></div>

Actually, in this situation, I'd agree with the service being a taxed imperative rather than an optional service. Then we don't have to worry about situations like this (yes, a righty just said he would agree with a tax). But in THIS case, as it was and as unfortunate as it may be, it's simply not the case.

Sack

LWW
10-06-2010, 04:50 AM
Let's review ... Gayle supports tax evaders such as the majority of the Obama regime and the Clinton family.

She supports people being able to not pay for protection they know they should have and then allow them to buy the coverage once their home is on fire.

She supports taking from those who act responsibly and giving it to those who don't.

The reality is that these folks CHOSE to live outside city limits with the full knowledge that fire protection is sparse if available at all as it is in all unincorporated areas.

They were graciously offered the chance to "OPT IN" to the nearest municipalities fire system.

They CHOSE not to.

What really is the problem?

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-06-2010, 05:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
People aren't perfect, they forget things, they go through periods of strife, someone is ill, or someone has died, and they didn't get around to sending in seventy-five bucks, so the town directs the firemen to let the man's whole house burn down?</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I thought they'd come out and put it out, even if you hadn't paid your $75, but I was wrong," said Gene Cranick. </div></div>

This was not a case of forgetting, period of strife, illness, death, or plain old forgetting

</div></div>

G.
</div></div>

It doesn't take college (and I don't go to church) to learn about reality. It's not complicated: No $$$ for fire department=no fire department... for anybody. If they showed they'll take care of a fire for someone who didn't pay their part, do you not think others would stop paying?

And of course it's tragic, and I'm not saying it's right or that I agree with it.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"They're doing their job," Paulette Cranick said of the firefighters. "They're doing what they are told to do. It's not their fault." </div></div>

Actually, in this situation, I'd agree with the service being a taxed imperative rather than an optional service. Then we don't have to worry about situations like this (yes, a righty just said he would agree with a tax). But in THIS case, as it was and as unfortunate as it may be, it's simply not the case.

Sack
</div></div>

Sack,
The man said in an interview that I watched on MSNBC, that he had simply forgotten to send in the money. He offered to pay them on the spot, to put that fire out. His neighbor offered them over a thousand dollars, They STILL refused. You're saying the man and his family deserved that their home burn to the ground, and his two dogs and a cat, deserved to burn to death, all because he forgot to send the money in.

While that smacks of the same sort of Republican/Libertarian cold hearted thinking that we see everyday coming from the right, that doesn't make it any less repulsiave to me.

There is no excuse whatsoever, to justify what they did. Even the neighbor offered to pay them. They refused to accept the money. Some of the firemen actually cried over it, they felt it was so unfair.

Standing right there, letting the man's house burn to the ground, was unconscionable! This is probably pretty much how the whole country will end up if Republicans are controlling things....

I find it disgusting and heartless. Apparently the Mayor who imposed the law, was called, and was just up the road, playing golf, and said let it burn.

Are you suggesting that you think the homeowner whose home was left to burn, lives in that area and pays nothing in taxes?

This is a disgrace. IMO, no person with any sense of compassion, or dignity, could possibly read this story, and think, yeah, right on, let the SOB's house burn to the ground.

The mayor, who imposed that regulation, to let homes outside the city limits burn to the ground, if they aren't on his list of people who pay a fee of seventy-five dollars for their safety and the safety of their home, children and pets, probably thinks God has a special place for him in heaven.

I'd bet you anything, he's a republican.

It's disgusting.

G.

Sev
10-06-2010, 05:37 AM
Gee Sack. I must be on total ignore.

If you gave a mortgage and fail to pay it your house gets foreclosed on.
If you dont pay your taxes your house gets foreclosed on.
If you dont have home owners insurance and you are robbed you do not get reimbursed for you missing possessions.
If you dont have insurance that covers fire you do cannot file a claim for funds to rebuild.
If you are not concerned about having a paid service and decide you dont need it then you should not expect it to be given to you after the fact.

The bottom line is if you do not take personal responsibility for your life and actions you are solely responsible for what befalls you.

The fool in the article made a conscious decision and now is paying the price for it.

As Forest Gump said. Stupid is as stupid does.

Qtec
10-06-2010, 05:54 AM
My 2ct. What should have happened was they should have put the fire out- saved the house- and billed him for it. There should be a fixed price for putting out fires in houses that are not covered.
What's crazy is they let the house burn and the fire spread to other houses! Only then did they step in.
Can you imagine being the neighbour who is watching the flames get higher and higher eventually spreading to your own house while they do nothing?

Q

Sev
10-06-2010, 06:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 2ct. What should have happened was they should have put the fire out- saved the house- and billed him for it. There should be a fixed price for putting out fires in houses that are not covered.
What's crazy is they let the house burn and the fire spread to other houses! Only then did they step in.
Can you imagine being the neighbour who is watching the flames get higher and higher eventually spreading to your own house while they do nothing?

Q </div></div>

I bet everybody in the area is running out and paying for firefighter coverage right now.

This could be a blessing in disguise.

Gayle in MD
10-06-2010, 06:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 2ct. What should have happened was they should have put the fire out- saved the house- and billed him for it. There should be a fixed price for putting out fires in houses that are not covered.

Q </div></div>

Exactly, and no doubt, the reason why the neighbors were right there offering far more money to the Firemen, but they wouldn't take the money because they knew the Mayor would fire them if they put the fire out.

That mayor should be in jail! The people in, and outside of that townshhip are outraged over this, and you can bet that Mayor won't be re-elected.

One of the people in the area drove to the firehouse and beat up one of the firemen, too bad, because he should have beaten up the Mayor, instead.

He should be jailed for reckless endangerment.

I don't even have to research this one, I know damn well that Mayor is a Republican.

G.

Sev
10-06-2010, 06:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 2ct. What should have happened was they should have put the fire out- saved the house- and billed him for it. There should be a fixed price for putting out fires in houses that are not covered.

Q </div></div>

Exactly, and no doubt, the reason why the neighbors were right there offering far more money to the Firemen, but they wouldn't take the money because they knew the Mayor would fire them if they put the fire out.

That mayor should be in jail! The people in, and outside of that townshhip are outraged over this, and you can bet that Mayor won't be re-elected.

One of the people in the area drove to the firehouse and beat up one of the firemen, too bad, because he should have beaten up the Mayor, instead.

He should be jailed for reckless endangerment.

I don't even have to research this one, I know damn well that Mayor is a Republican.

G. </div></div>

Gayle it is an extension from the city of South Fulton. Not county protection. The city is not obligated to cover that area and offers an extension for a fee.

Perhaps the city should not offer to cover the area at all. That would solve the current situation.

sack316
10-06-2010, 09:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Cranick even said she understands why firemen obeyed their chief's orders not to save the property. "I understand they have families and need to protect their own jobs," she said.
</div></div>

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/southeast/2010/10/05/113824.htm

Even the victims understand.

Gayle, I'm actually in total agreement with you from a morality standpoint. I'm just saying I understand the other side too.

By the way, I also noticed a quote about how a woman from Maryland called them and offered them money (which they refused). Made me think of you, totally wouldn't put it past ya to have tried to help /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

sack316
10-06-2010, 09:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If you gave a mortgage and fail to pay it your house gets foreclosed on.
If you dont pay your taxes your house gets foreclosed on.
If you dont have home owners insurance and you are robbed you do not get reimbursed for you missing possessions.
If you dont have insurance that covers fire you do cannot file a claim for funds to rebuild.
If you are not concerned about having a paid service and decide you dont need it then you should not expect it to be given to you after the fact.

The bottom line is <u>if you do not take personal responsibility for your life and actions you are solely responsible for what befalls you</u>.

</div></div>

True dat. Also being left out of TV stories seems to be the fact of how the fire started. The grandson was burning trash and lost control of the fire.

I truly do feel for these people. And from all accounts I've read, the family themselves is taking it all in stride, especially the wife Paulette (well, sans the one member who got arrested for assaulting the fire chief afterwards).

And the family is getting tons of support and offers of help from neighbors and their local community (which they are politely declining, mind you). If that is the "national disgrace" of Christian values in the bible belt then i'm proud to be part of that "disgrace".

Which slightly off yet on that topic, I was thinking earlier how down here we don't have "good Samaritan" laws... probably because we don't NEED them. Communities and people down here look out for each other by and large (the huge tornado that hit my town a few years back was evidence of such), and this one tragic incident doesn't change that.

Sack

Gayle in MD
10-06-2010, 09:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Cranick even said she understands why firemen obeyed their chief's orders not to save the property. "I understand they have families and need to protect their own jobs," she said.
</div></div>

Gayle, I'm actually in total agreement with you from a morality standpoint. I'm just saying I understand the other side too.

By the way, I also noticed a quote about how a woman from Maryland called them and offered them money (which they refused). Made me think of you, totally wouldn't put it past ya to have tried to help /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Sack,
Here is a quote from a blogger in the Tennessee Newspaper I was reading </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was curious who would make this decision and allow this... So I Googled "south fulton, tennessee" and found the contact number to the mayor's office, so I called it. A lady answered and I posed the question of who made the decision to allow this home to burn to the ground with living beings in it, dying in one of the most painful ways possible. She answered me "the mayor and city commissioners did". She then offered to put me through to the mayor, which was a call that ended up at a voice mail. Where I did leave a message explaining my outrage... AND YOU CAN TOO!!!
Mayor: David Neil Crocker
- http://www.cityofsouthfulton.org
- 700 Milton Counce Drive
South Fulton, TN 38257
- 731-479-2151
If you feel as enraged as I am, please, pass/share this with others. Let South Fulton know they had other options and this was beyond animal cruelty. Thank you.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> The International Association of Fire Fighters, is condemning this gross negligence and disregard for human basic duty, and for what was obviously a total lack of human decency.

These rightwing arguments for , "Oh, but, what if we let everybody off" when there is and emergency, met by such gross heartless lack of acring, frankly, makes me ill.

I can't stop thinking about those poor animals, and how they suffered. I've been trying to reach the main office of PETA, all day, and the lines are completely tied up. I am sure, it is all about this POS Mayor, and whatever commissioners were involved in this idiotic method for raising money.

There are plenty of ways for Fire Departments to raise money, without refusing to answer the call, when property, and lives, are at risk. What if children had been trapped in there?

It's repulsive. I hope that Mayor, and the commissioners who voted for this fiasco, all get what's coming to them!

Sack, in my world, there is no "other" side, when it comes to firemen, standing there and letting a man's house burn down, with animals trapped inside.

</span>

Deeman3
10-06-2010, 09:34 AM
I live far out in a county where I have to pay for fire protection as a once a year fee. I have always paid it as I would not want to take the risk that this could happen to me.

If they only bill people when the fire happens many here would probably just wait until the fire happend. Of course, there are many costs to a fire department that can't be coverd by an "as you go" charge. The stacks of breaucrats, retirement schemes that double dips as well as payoffs to political leaders would not be there.

Sack, you see all the Democrats indicted for the bribery for caisnos here? Well, one was a Republican but stepped over to the dark side last year and is an independent. The rest are all Democrats. No surprises!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
10-06-2010, 09:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sack, you see all the Democrats indicted for the bribery for caisnos here? Well, one was a Republican but stepped over to the dark side last year and is an independent. The rest are all Democrats. No surprises!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

My only wonder was what took so long? It's not as if we didn't know what these guys have been doing the last several years! "OK guys, we're raiding this casino... but the one a few miles up the road, just leave them be!"

Sack

Gayle in MD
10-06-2010, 11:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live far out in a county where I have to pay for fire protection as a once a year fee. I have always paid it as I would not want to take the risk that this could happen to me.

If they only bill people when the fire happens many here would probably just wait until the fire happend. Of course, there are many costs to a fire department that can't be coverd by an "as you go" charge. The stacks of breaucrats, retirement schemes that double dips as well as payoffs to political leaders would not be there.

Sack, you see all the Democrats indicted for the bribery for caisnos here? Well, one was a Republican but stepped over to the dark side last year and is an independent. The rest are all Democrats. No surprises!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VictoryLand casino owner Milton McGregor was among those indicted. His casino, now shut down, has more than 6,000 electronic bingo machines. Also indicted was Country Crossing casino developer Ronnie Gilley. The indictment alleges that State Sen. Larry Means "solicited bribes from McGregor, Gilley ... and others, and, in one specific instance, sought $100,000 in return for voting in favor of the legislation." <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Of the four state senators indicted, two are Democrats, one a Republican, and another an Independent who was a Republican at the time of the vote.</span> </div></div>

http://www.newser.com/story/102119/alabama-pols-casino-owner-nabbed-in-vast-bribery-bust.html

<span style="color: #FF0000"> "All" the Democrats, Deeman? Looks about fifty fifty to me, with the ring leader, a Republican.

"All the Democrats" was bit of a stretch, wasn't it?

Off the subject, but nevertheless, your's was certainly not a factual statement, according to this article.

G.</span>

Gayle in MD
10-06-2010, 11:28 AM
BTW, here's a picture of the Bubbas involved. Good Ol' Bible Belt Baptists, I see....

http://www.cityofsouthfulton.org/city_commission.htm

Wonder what the congregation thinks about them.

Oh, and I was right, he IS a REPUBLICAN. coulda told ya that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As ThinkProgress has noted, there are currently two competing visions of governance in the United States. One, the conservative vision, believes in the on-your-own society, and informs a policy agenda that primarily serves the well off and privileged sectors of the country. The other vision, the progressive one, believes in an American Dream that works for all people, regardless of their racial, religious, or economic background.

The conservative vision was on full display last week in Obion County, Tennessee.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>“republican Mayor David Crocker said, "if homeowners don't pay, they're out of luck."” </span>
</div></div>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/LoveAlaska/firefighters-watch-as-hom_n_750272_62686523.html

Sev
10-06-2010, 02:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Cranick even said she understands why firemen obeyed their chief's orders not to save the property. "I understand they have families and need to protect their own jobs," she said.
</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Sack,
Here is a quote from a blogger in the Tennessee Newspaper I was reading </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was curious who would make this decision and allow this... So I Googled "south fulton, tennessee" and found the contact number to the mayor's office, so I called it. A lady answered and I posed the question of who made the decision to allow this home to burn to the ground with living beings in it, dying in one of the most painful ways possible. She answered me "the mayor and city commissioners did". She then offered to put me through to the mayor, which was a call that ended up at a voice mail. Where I did leave a message explaining my outrage... AND YOU CAN TOO!!!
Mayor: David Neil Crocker
- http://www.cityofsouthfulton.org
- 700 Milton Counce Drive
South Fulton, TN 38257
- 731-479-2151
If you feel as enraged as I am, please, pass/share this with others. Let South Fulton know they had other options and this was beyond animal cruelty. Thank you.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> The International Association of Fire Fighters, is condemning this gross negligence and disregard for human basic duty, and for what was obviously a total lack of human decency.

These rightwing arguments for , "Oh, but, what if we let everybody off" when there is and emergency, met by such gross heartless lack of acring, frankly, makes me ill.

I can't stop thinking about those poor animals, and how they suffered. I've been trying to reach the main office of PETA, all day, and the lines are completely tied up. I am sure, it is all about this POS Mayor, and whatever commissioners were involved in this idiotic method for raising money.

There are plenty of ways for Fire Departments to raise money, without refusing to answer the call, when property, and lives, are at risk. What if children had been trapped in there?

It's repulsive. I hope that Mayor, and the commissioners who voted for this fiasco, all get what's coming to them!

Sack, in my world, there is no "other" side, when it comes to firemen, standing there and letting a man's house burn down, with animals trapped inside.

</span> </div></div>

There are more important things going on in the world than the fate of a couple of animals.

If there was more care in burning trash near the house the event would not have even occurred. The onus lays on the grandson.